TheVegnar

Jul 4, 2021
The vast majority of broken quest reports I've seen are from people loading old saves into the new version. The developers warn people against doing that (and even have the game set up to invalidate old saves in many cases) because of how much data Unreal packs into saves that carries over and breaks things when changed.

And before you complain about futureproofing saves, this game is explicitly pre-alpha. Everything is still being designed, implemented, and subject to change and data loss. Adding permanent code to loading and forward converting the saves can and will wait until they reach a later development milestone.

Why on earth would a gameplay keybind wind up in the graphics or sound settings menu? As for the ingame tutorial, there are a bunch of contextual popups for first-time actions. Or at least there were last I looked. I don't know if the DSS is in them yet, however.

You realize you're handing out an ultimatum to a developer with a semi-fixed development schedule over something they've explicitly warned people about? An issue that they've been aware of since they added the feature for Patreon back in March? I get complaining about it. Heck, reporting it to the developer is a viable approach too. But making demands of them on a third party forum that they explicitly blacklist from their own community server due to piracy isn't gonna do much of anything.

Edit: Just to be clear, the devs do release hotfixes for the game. But those have always been to deal with crashes and major bugs like inventory deletion. Issues that can be resolved with a bit of reading are much further down their priority list.
Okay, There shouldn't be any broken quests. I have tested, old saves + the Body Slider saves, and all the quests worked perfectly. Unless the Issue is back where you Load from Ingame and not from menu, or Continue. Which I did neither. Just exited to main menu, and loaded from there. No problems so far.

TheInternetIsForThis

Mar 4, 2020
Okay, There shouldn't be any broken quests. I have tested, old saves + the Body Slider saves, and all the quests worked perfectly. Unless the Issue is back where you Load from Ingame and not from menu, or Continue. Which I did neither. Just exited to main menu, and loaded from there. No problems so far.
Is that including moved quest objects like the urn for footsteps of the dragon?

As for the ingame load menu, yeah. Never, ever load from that. Not sure if the devs ever managed to fully address cross-save contamination using ingame loading.

TheVegnar

Jul 4, 2021
Is that including moved quest objects like the urn for footsteps of the dragon?

As for the ingame load menu, yeah. Never, ever load from that. Not sure if the devs ever managed to fully address cross-save contamination using ingame loading.

Yes, The Urn is there and working, with the Bodyslide Saves that you gave way way way way earlier. ^_^ I went back and retested again just to make darn sure without a doubt that they do work. and they do!

Lientu

Oct 31, 2018
The vast majority of broken quest reports I've seen are from people loading old saves into the new version. The developers warn people against doing that (and even have the game set up to invalidate old saves in many cases) because of how much data Unreal packs into saves that carries over and breaks things when changed.

And before you complain about futureproofing saves, this game is explicitly pre-alpha. Everything is still being designed, implemented, and subject to change and data loss. Adding permanent code to loading and forward converting the saves can and will wait until they reach a later development milestone.

Why on earth would a gameplay keybind wind up in the graphics or sound settings menu? As for the ingame tutorial, there are a bunch of contextual popups for first-time actions. Or at least there were last I looked. I don't know if the DSS is in them yet, however.

You realize you're handing out an ultimatum to a developer with a semi-fixed development schedule over something they've explicitly warned people about? An issue that they've been aware of since they added the feature for Patreon back in March? I get complaining about it. Heck, reporting it to the developer is a viable approach too. But making demands of them on a third party forum that they explicitly blacklist from their own community server due to piracy isn't gonna do much of anything.

Edit: Just to be clear, the devs do release hotfixes for the game. But those have always been to deal with crashes and major bugs like inventory deletion. Issues that can be resolved with a bit of reading are much further down their priority list.
you are funny) did you ever thought about why ppl use this forum? it's because they dont want to be milked like cows by so called devs that in most cases will never finish their games. e.g. milfy city, wild life and many many more.
should this guy make demands? proly no, but it's most likely that he just unwinds here, because no one in sane mind will pay 5$ to unwind on patreon for the game that is in pre alpha state for two or more years. but he pointed out some valid points and they are not less valid just because he pointed them here and not on patreon.
on the side note. i found a few games around here that i liked and developers act like normal ppl and i was glad to made one time donations to support their work, but if devs act like stuckup cunts, they get piracy as equivalent of bitch-slap. devs of CI are at few steps from stuckup cunts on my scale, so for now i may put some bug reports, but nothing more

Reactions: TheVegnar

TheInternetIsForThis

Mar 4, 2020
you are funny) did you ever thought about why ppl use this forum? it's because they dont want to be milked like cows by so called devs that in most cases will never finish their games. e.g. milfy city, wild life and many many more.
should this guy make demands? proly no, but it's most likely that he just unwinds here, because no one in sane mind will pay 5$ to unwind on patreon for the game that is in pre alpha state for two or more years. but he pointed out some valid points and they are not less valid just because he pointed them here and not on patreon.
on the side note. i found a few games around here that i liked and developers act like normal ppl and i was glad to made one time donations to support their work, but if devs act like stuckup cunts, they get piracy as equivalent of bitch-slap. devs of CI are at few steps from stuckup cunts on my scale, so for now i may put some bug reports, but nothing more
That last comment I made was specifically about the bit at the end. Was pointing out that it was both wildly misinformed (the problem he's so stuck on is four months old, not six days old) and coming from a forum the developers are actively hostile towards.

I didn't make any statements about the morality of it. Just pointing out that, at least here, it's hilariously pointless to say it like that. Far more effective to just write a bad review and unfollow the game thread.

Edit: Actually, looking back a lot of it seems misinformed? Quests in the new version work fine, and a gameplay keybind absolutely does not belong in the audio or graphics settings. (Imagine for a moment if Skyrim had the keybind to use a shout/power in the audio options.) I can get complaining about the keybind not being automatically set when updating from a version that didn't have it. Personally I'd implement settings systems with an unknown=>default setting at their core. But at the same time I also don't know how settings are handled for this game as far as data loading is concerned, so I can't assume that it would be a viable approach to do that rather than the devs needing to implement an actual versioning system for saves and settings.

I do know the game had minimal tutorial, mostly in the form of popup messages as you wander around. It would appear that tutorial was wiped in some way. Considering the apparent implementation, it might have had in-world activators that got removed during one of their map rebuilds. I also know that they work on polish in the longer form at the moment, by fixing quick things like mis-positioned objects while rebuilding underlying systems in the background. And frankly, a lot of the things we're complaining about right now may never wind up fixed in the current game engine, because it's already slated for being dropped to legacy status once they get the UE5 version up and running. That kind of change typically puts maintenance and improvement work into an entirely different perspective.

Last edited:

Lientu

Oct 31, 2018
That last comment I made was specifically about the bit at the end. Was pointing out that it was both wildly misinformed (the problem he's so stuck on is four months old, not six days old) and coming from a forum the developers are actively hostile towards.

I didn't make any statements about the morality of it. Just pointing out that, at least here, it's hilariously pointless to say it like that. Far more effective to just write a bad review and unfollow the game thread.

Edit: Actually, looking back a lot of it seems misinformed? Quests in the new version work fine, and a gameplay keybind absolutely does not belong in the audio or graphics settings. (Imagine for a moment if Skyrim had the keybind to use a shout/power in the audio options.) I can get complaining about the keybind not being automatically set when updating from a version that didn't have it. Personally I'd implement settings systems with an unknown=>default setting at their core. But at the same time I also don't know how settings are handled for this game as far as data loading is concerned, so I can't assume that it would be a viable approach to do that rather than the devs needing to implement an actual versioning system for saves and settings.

I do know the game had minimal tutorial, mostly in the form of popup messages as you wander around. It would appear that tutorial was wiped in some way. Considering the apparent implementation, it might have had in-world activators that got removed during one of their map rebuilds. I also know that they work on polish in the longer form at the moment, by fixing quick things like mis-positioned objects while rebuilding underlying systems in the background. And frankly, a lot of the things we're complaining about right now may never wind up fixed in the current game engine, because it's already slated for being dropped to legacy status once they get the UE5 version up and running. That kind of change typically puts maintenance and improvement work into an entirely different perspective.
hey) nothing against you, i just thought it's funny that you took someone's unwind so seriously.

what is even more funny for me is devs hostility for this forum. like wtf? it's big community that can provide bug reports, yet they act like they entitled to get paid by us to test their bugged milker

Reactions: gachimaster

Vakul

Apr 10, 2022
Yeas, I agree. And - no, I did not load old saves, I started a new game.

And why on earth keybinding end up in the rotate camera part? And - no - there was no tutorial about DSS. I was pretty sure that New Game means new game.
But after keybinding in camera options I am not sure anymore. Maybe New Game means old game with zero progress?

Me? An ultimatum? I am literally nobody from the internet. Just with 15+ years of gaming experience. And I've found some time to read Shell's book about gamedesign. And I know shit when I see it. How many WEEKS passed since they released an update for patrons? How many time passed with "dont give a shit about fixing CRITICAL bugs"? I am not complaining about some collision problems or dicks going helicopter during running. If you want, you can find my old post from when I saw this game for the first time. Or maybe from several thousand patrons nobody has encountered critical bugs? I can't believe that.
It is just a matter of fact - there is no "nobody finds out" miracles. There will always be bugs or funny things. Difference is in approach. "We know, we're working." or "Here is algoritm to avoid bugs. You did that and there is still bugs? Well, have a nice day."
From what I can see - it seems steam got untested version. Maybe it differs from what patrons got. Dont know for sure. But too many similar problems.
Overall - there is some kind of fun in seeing same old exuses in different projects. Same problems, same excuses. Same damn results.

Last edited:

Vakul

Apr 10, 2022
once they get the UE5 version up and running
They what?
Oh, my.
That is one of those danger flags. Those "dont be naive" warnings. Change of engine.
UE4 was powerful enough to do everything the game may need. It have TONS AND TONS tutorials, hundreds of thousands of documentation. But noo, to fuck with that! We are in desperate need of rebuilding everything without the fucking way to do it right!

Now I doubt them even more.

TheInternetIsForThis

Mar 4, 2020
what is even more funny for me is devs hostility for this forum. like wtf? it's big community that can provide bug reports, yet they act like they entitled to get paid by us to test their bugged milker
Oh, I can answer that. This game got posted here when they were under 100 subscribers, pre-empted all official links in google searches, and resulted in the devs immediately receiving a wave of accusations from forum members to the effect of stealing assets from other games. We made a godawful first impression on them.
Yeas, I agree. And - no, I did not load old saves, I started a new game.
Fascinating. Okay, so this warrants investigation then. How, specifically, were the quests broken for you? If I can get a decent description of the breakage I have a chance of figuring out how to reproduce it, which I can then report to the devs with testable steps so they can fix it.

For reference, here's an assortment of quest related reports that have already made their way to the devs regarding the new version, and will likely be patched in the next update:
  • Footsteps of the Dragon appears to only be completed if you use the female draconid skin, not the male one.
  • The Left Eye of Anubis can wrong up in the wrong section of the inventory, preventing quest turn-in.
  • Some quest NPCs are not properly marked on the map for Blood Script.
  • The jar for the void form during Tales of the Void was reported as non-interactible by a player.
And why on earth keybinding end up in the rotate camera part? And - no - there was no tutorial about DSS. I was pretty sure that New Game means new game.
But after keybinding in camera options I am not sure anymore. Maybe New Game means old game with zero progress?
Right, I see what you were complaining about now. The headers in the Controls menu. Considering DSS's interaction with the world is primarily visual, "Camera" was the closest existing control header in the Controls menu. There's a decent chance that there'll eventually be an "Abilities" header or the like that it would go under instead.

And yeah, it would appear the game's tutorial vanished at some point. That one's my bad.
Me? An ultimatum? I am literally nobody from the internet. Just with 15+ years of gaming experience. And I've found some time to read Shell's book about gamedesign. And I know shit when I see it. How many WEEKS passed since they released an update for patrons? How many time passed with "dont give a shit about fixing CRITICAL bugs"? I am not complaining about some collision problems or dicks going helicopter during running. If you want, you can find my old post from when I saw this game for the first time. Or maybe from several thousand patrons nobody has encountered critical bugs? I can't believe that.
It is just a matter of fact - there is no "nobody finds out" miracles. There will always be bugs or funny things. Difference is in approach. "We know, we're working." or "Here is algoritm to avoid bugs. You did that and there is still bugs? Well, have a nice day."
From what I can see - it seems steam got untested version. Maybe it differs from what patrons got. Dont know for sure. But too many similar problems.
Overall - there is some kind of fun in seeing same old exuses in different projects. Same problems, same excuses. Same damn results.
I'd say it was an ultimatum. You gave a very specific, extremely short timeline beyond which you implied people on this forum should write off the game as an exploitative work to be ignored.

Also, what critical bugs? A configuration issue that takes a quick search to learn about? A few purely visual physics bugs? An apparently brand new bug with quests that is difficult to reproduce and has yet to be tracked down properly?
They what?
Oh, my.
That is one of those danger flags. Those "dont be naive" warnings. Change of engine.
UE4 was powerful enough to do everything the game may need. It have TONS AND TONS tutorials, hundreds of thousands of documentation. But noo, to fuck with that! We are in desperate need of rebuilding everything without the fucking way to do it right!

Now I doubt them even more.
Right, so. I shouldn't have actually given so little context on this because that is the default assumption players have on the subject. Especially considering the devs on this forum who attempted the jump and then backtracked. These devs actually tested things and checked the process before deciding, and only announced the change once they decided it was a worthwhile change. Lemme copy this out of the Patreon post:

Development Update

So enough with the mystery box, what exactly have we been working on that's taken so much of our time? Well a few people have already guessed; we're in the process of moving to Unreal Engine 5. Initially we avoided announcing this as we decided to not make the move if it increased the development time of the project. What we've discovered is that we're actually able to reduce development time due to efficiencies in our pipeline thanks to Nanite.

01.png

In the image above you can see approximately the same development time applied on both the left and right. Whilst the pillars on the right are still a little work-in-progress, we're able to build a far more richly detailed world in the same amount of time. We're also able to drastically reduce the texture budget, lowering the impact of the game on GPUs with less VRAM.

02.png

The fidelity we've been able to achieve is honestly incredible. We're so impressed with the updated engine that we couldn't justify continuing solely in UE4. Despite our initial cynicism, UE5 has won us over. That isn't to say it's without problems, which is why we're running the versions in parallel until we're at Alpha, but the risks are far outweighed by the benefits.

03.png

We've been rescaling our world map to take advantage of the new optimisation features of UE5, resulting in a playable area nine times the size [edit: I was tired and put four times, it's much larger than that!] of our current world map (not just the current playable area, the whole map). Wait, I hear you scream, it'll be an unplayable walking simulator! Fear not. In the UE5 build we now have working prototypes of sailing and riding, as well as an early version of transformation into an exotic form.

04.png

So, what's the difference and how soon can you expect to get your hands on the UE5 version? I think the above image speaks for itself. We haven't yet finalised our small props kit, so the UE5 version is missing the crates, barrels, ropes, and other details that help finalise a scene, yet it's already far more detailed than the UE4 version.

In terms of becoming playable we've made some significant progress in that direction, enough that the roadmap isn't particularly accurate, and we're gradually approaching what we consider an Alpha build of CI. Once we have all major systems working in the UE5 build, we'll push it live and keep the UE4 as legacy.

We hope you're as excited as we are for the incredible boost towards true AAA quality that we've managed to make with the upgrade to the game engine. I want to thank every one of you so much for your amazing support; the game is now almost unrecognisable from where it began and it's entirely thanks to your help.

Felex001

Nov 26, 2019
%localappdata%\Carnal_Instinct\Saved\SaveGames

You need to replace an existing save if you want the game to read it. Since it's unlikely for you to have a 130th save to replace, be aware you can just rename it in order to replace one you do have.
I tried to do this but it didn't work the game continues at the beginning, I already deleted everything and started again replace the renamed file and when entering the game the progress continues at the beginning

Apr 25, 2019
ï am getting stuck on the first loading/splash screen (Not responding) after i updated the game. Anyone know anything about this issue?
it started doing it after the last update, worked just fine before that.

Also the last time i played, i seemed unable to give any damage to the big boss in the underground cave, don't know if i missed something i had to do there.

Any help would be appreciated

Edit: i deleted all my save files and now it works again

Last edited:

Vakul

Apr 10, 2022
We made a godawful first impression on them.
So problem was not with stealing/not stealing but with POINTING that? Cool. So lets make it clear:
Assets stolen / People think it was stolen/ Result
+ / +/ community is at fault
- / +/ community is at fault
+ / - / Everything is ok
- / - / Everything is ok
In that case I have more than one suggestion - where thay should go and what to do with themselves.

Fascinating. Okay, so this warrants investigation then. How, specifically, were the quests broken for you?
The jar for the void form during Tales of the Void was nowhere to be found. Not with male char, nor with female. Dick\no dick doesnt matters. Plus - after sex scene in the void there is "repeatable sex" marker on map, but no such option in void spirit dialog.

Right, I see what you were complaining about now. The headers in the Controls menu. Considering DSS's interaction with the world is primarily visual, "Camera" was the closest existing control header in the Controls menu. There's a decent chance that there'll eventually be an "Abilities" header or the like that it would go under instead.
It is not a "not there" problem. It is a small sign of "we don't care" problem. Fisrt kind can be fixed within 10 minutes, latter - can be solved rarely and with titanic efforts.

And yeah, it would appear the game's tutorial vanished at some point. That one's my bad.
Why it is your bad? This is in fact another sign of "we don't care".

I'd say it was an ultimatum. You gave a very specific, extremely short timeline beyond which you implied people on this forum should write off the game as an exploitative work to be ignored.
This is an assumption based ona few years of observations. Usually devteams react on major problems within week when there is an indie project and within two week if we talk about big projects. But only if they are interested in resolving an issue.
From my experience when you work on something mare than a 2-3 month - you can tell where is the bottleneck and what could break. Yes - mostly approximately, but you can.

Also, what critical bugs? A configuration issue that takes a quick search to learn about? A few purely visual physics bugs? An apparently brand new bug with quests that is difficult to reproduce and has yet to be tracked down properly?
Critical bug - is the bug that breaks the game making it impossible to continue. In my case no void urn = no void form = main quest cannot be completed = main storyline cannot be resumed.

Right, so. I shouldn't have actually given so little context on this because that is the default assumption players have on the subject. Especially considering the devs on this forum who attempted the jump and then backtracked. These devs actually tested things and checked the process before deciding, and only announced the change once they decided it was a worthwhile change. Lemme copy this out of the Patreon post... ...Once we have all major systems working in the UE5 build, we'll push it live and keep the UE4 as legacy.
My favorite part. Are you aware of the fact than literally not even single case they showed is a problem? And part of cases -
explicit bullshit.
Picture with coloumns - explicit bullshit. First model is always takes more time than its latter variations. Coz you make first from scratch.
Picture with house and map size - is trying to change the topic. They are not the problems.
Whats the point of different houses - when they are all fucking EMPTY? But nooo, we wont say shit about it, we try to convince, there was problem with exteriors.
Whats the problem with map - there is literally NOTHING on 80% of map. And now the come and say - we want to make it bigger - WHAT FOR? It ALREADY is big pile of nothing. Vast areas of copy-paste trees from Ubisoft says hello. Literally dozens of square kilometers of nothing. Hundreds of copypaste encounters from Skyrim says hello - right from dozens of copypasted dungeons.
From what I can see - I cas assume several things.
Maybe they got a project, and dont know what to do with it. It happens when scums got ownership but no skill beside greed and stupidity.
Or maybe they dont have (lost somehow) thair main gamedesigner(-s). One or several people who know EXACTLY how the game should feel, how it should be.
There is LITERALLY NOT EVEN A SINGLE REASON to make map bigger without filling already existing gaps.
Inadequate range combat and cringe instead of autolock in melee. Poorly configured melee sysem with broken block and evade animation loops. Not enough items - shields, clothes, armor. Clothing system itself is brokem - with no visible racial flags.
Inventory is broken - with its overlapping and item disappearing. And with its odd "pick with LMB, but equip with RMB". Minor collision issues - but grand in quantity.
Broken dialog system - because of poorly scripting. (for starters - if you have more than 5 or 6 different dialog options - you fucked up the script.) And this even hitting their faces once or twice - when option 9 cannot be picked.
Copypaste dungeons without mapping system.
This game has all the potential to turn adult gaming genre, setting an incredibly high level of quality.
And instead of fixing and polishing it they say - "to fuck with problems, we decide to start almost from scratch. We'll make world bigger and fill it with thousands of broken things instead of fixing them when they are dozens".
So - no, I don't trust people with no common sense. Too many scums, too many unfulfilled promises.
------------
And before anyone says how poor devs suffers from critics. If you cant see the problem when people telling you about just because you are thinking too high of yourself - well that is only your problems.
If you are this game dev and ready to listen - you have vast community so talk and to help. Some of us can even willing to help and do something useful like scetches, quests, writing stories and even make art. They say worst critics usually comes from biggest fans.
But if all you can think - is how we are filthy pirates spoiling your great mighty efforts - well, good luck diving into shitpit which have already consumed majority of gamedev industry. Remember - that pit is bottomles and consume all shitmakers. Clowns like todd"it just works" or shittyvision shitzzard already guggles from its depths.

Last edited:

freshi85

Nov 28, 2018
WHY!!! Is there no cheat to unlock the other forms!
I bought the steam Version and I don't mind playing through the Story again after three months (roughly the time when the Steam Version gets updated). But wherein is the sense to play for 2 hours to get the Race which i've unlocked around 3 times already? Its an RPG so I wanna play as my Character of choice from the beginning not 2 to 3 hours in. Make the progress desirable by something else Weapons, Armor whatever but not the Race!

TheInternetIsForThis

Mar 4, 2020
So problem was not with stealing/not stealing but with POINTING that? Cool. So lets make it clear:
Assets stolen / People think it was stolen/ Result
+ / +/ community is at fault
- / +/ community is at fault
+ / - / Everything is ok
- / - / Everything is ok
In that case I have more than one suggestion - where thay should go and what to do with themselves.
I mean, it wasn't just the false accusations of stolen assets. It was also burying the official (paid) links in searches with third party, free links when the project was just getting started. I do agree these devs are extreme about it, but this forum is in no way free of guilt on what could legitimately be described as a minor feud.
The jar for the void form during Tales of the Void was nowhere to be found. Not with male char, nor with female. Dick\no dick doesnt matters. Plus - after sex scene in the void there is "repeatable sex" marker on map, but no such option in void spirit dialog.
Will definitely need to poke at that one. While void form isn't required to proceed with the quests, it is a major ingame reward, as is the repeatable sex scene. If I can find a way to trigger the bug consistently it'll make it much easier to report and get fixed.

Edit: I've tried multiple angles of attack on this one and all of the standard approaches are still giving me the jar. Do you have a save from before the sex scene that consistently gives you the bug? If so, could you share it?
It is not a "not there" problem. It is a small sign of "we don't care" problem. Fisrt kind can be fixed within 10 minutes, latter - can be solved rarely and with titanic efforts.
I didn't know you had access to this game's source, to give accurate time estimates of work involved. More seriously though, adding a new header to the ingame menu is likely fairly simple but also a total non-priority compared to other things, like tracking down and fixing quest bugs. The option functions and is fairly easy to find. For a pre-alpha (aka "first playable") game, those are the most important aspects. It's the same reason we've got cases of area hazards that only exist in one spot in the game thus far. They need to develop the mechanics, then the gameplay, then the content, and then, finally, polish everything properly and shave off the rough edges.

Mind, polish is a continuous step that happens in the background too. Just that it has a low priority until the others get sorted.
Why it is your bad? This is in fact another sign of "we don't care".
My comments about the tutorial were misinformed because I hadn't yet become aware that it had vanished from the latest game, and I was apologizing for that.
This is an assumption based ona few years of observations. Usually devteams react on major problems within week when there is an indie project and within two week if we talk about big projects. But only if they are interested in resolving an issue.
From my experience when you work on something mare than a 2-3 month - you can tell where is the bottleneck and what could break. Yes - mostly approximately, but you can.
This devteam does have a history of regularly posting hotfix builds. They don't really show in the OP's changelog because their documentation on them has always been spotty at best. However, there is a commonality there - the hotfix builds have always been to fix critical issues that had a massive negative impact on players. Crashes, game freezes, and save corruption to name a few. Most other things, especially avoidable ones, tend to wait until the next update.
Critical bug - is the bug that breaks the game making it impossible to continue. In my case no void urn = no void form = main quest cannot be completed = main storyline cannot be resumed.
You don't need the void form, nor the sex scene. The urn does contain the khopesh you need to progress, however. I did just run through the quest myself, and it worked normally. I have a save from just before - I'll poke at it to see what might be causing the issue because it does seem to be very conditional.
My favorite part. Are you aware of the fact than literally not even single case they showed is a problem? And part of cases -
explicit bullshit.
No I'm not - because they aren't.
Picture with coloumns - explicit bullshit. First model is always takes more time than its latter variations. Coz you make first from scratch.
Sure, if all you consider is the column itself. But they're not showing off the columns, they're showing off five detailed and notably different capstones made in the same timeframe as a single one for the UE4 example. I'd understand if you were complaining about the difference in detail work, since the column and capstone on the left do visually show a lot of finalization-level detail work not present in the five columns on the right. But this is not a simple copy and paste smoke and mirrors example.
Picture with house and map size - is trying to change the topic. They are not the problems.
Whats the point of different houses - when they are all fucking EMPTY? But nooo, we wont say shit about it, we try to convince, there was problem with exteriors.
I won't be uncharitable and assume you're complaining about the lack of prop details on their visual demo of a new, more detailed prop kit. In which case, is it safer to assume you're complaining about the lack of NPCs and loot? Those are both things the developers have been working on implementing the underlying systems for, and the game has already seen a lot of progress on those fronts. The developers do clearly have plans, including an entire magic system that we have yet to see heads or tails of.

It's worth remembering that the more filler content they implement now, the more work they make for themselves later when they want to put in the actual, planned content once underlying systems are built.
Whats the problem with map - there is literally NOTHING on 80% of map. And now the come and say - we want to make it bigger - WHAT FOR? It ALREADY is big pile of nothing. Vast areas of copy-paste trees from Ubisoft says hello. Literally dozens of square kilometers of nothing. Hundreds of copypaste encounters from Skyrim says hello - right from dozens of copypasted dungeons.
And there it is - the asset accusation. Is only one game developer in the world allowed to use real-world trees? Is that what people think these days?

Having actually seen the map rebuilds (yes, plural) they've done in the past, I can say with full confidence that this complaint is irrelevant. When they want that map space filled (which is a when, not an if), it will get filled in very rapidly.
From what I can see - I cas assume several things.
You can assume, yes. It's very easy to assume. Honestly I've found the world to be a much more interesting place when I don't automatically assume the worst.
Maybe they got a project, and dont know what to do with it. It happens when scums got ownership but no skill beside greed and stupidity.
Or maybe they dont have (lost somehow) thair main gamedesigner(-s). One or several people who know EXACTLY how the game should feel, how it should be.
So now you're making assumptions based on internal team information we know nothing about? The devs actually do have a very consistent list of planned features and mechanics that show up both on their roadmaps and in polls. We're currently arguing about a game prototype that's missing vast portions of those.

I'm not kidding, by the way. The publicly planned mechanics and features dramatically outnumber what we already have, but rather than rushing through them and bashing together something mostly nonfunctional, the devs are taking their time to focus on one or two new mechanics at a time. Recent additions are weapon crafting and the dynamic sex system/carnal instinct, with the prior major content additions being the baseline for the player's camp and an entirely new body system + character customization. Plans relevant to your next complaint include, but are not limited to:
  • Bandit Chieftains (win/loss scenes for challenge) & Player Enslavement (do as you're told slave!)
  • Beast Hunts (Trap and collect rare exotic NPCs for your camp) & Bounties System (hunt dangerous targets)
  • Urban Zones (adds substantial city & temple zones to Sabu) & Repair Ruins (reclaim deserted areas to restore Sabu)
  • Environmental Hazards (More goo options, plant vines, half-petrified npcs)
  • New Major Biome (Isle of Lybos - Hellenistic Greece Themed)
  • New Minor Biomes (Temple Gardens of Suma - Sumerian/Babylonian Themed) & (Palace of the Void Queen)
  • Nocturnal Encounters (NPCs go to bed, night-only hazard and content)
  • Weather System (rain, dust storms, etc)
And these are just taken from the they did last July. This is not "vote for content we might implement." It's very much a case of "We plan to add all of this, but you can tell us what you want first."
There is LITERALLY NOT EVEN A SINGLE REASON to make map bigger without filling already existing gaps.
But there is. Aside from being a testing ground for mechanics that need the space (which they're using it as for sailing, riding, and exotic forms), there's also the opposite question: why does a map need to be filled with content that they will need to replace as more of the game's core systems get implemented?
Inadequate range combat and cringe instead of autolock in melee. Poorly configured melee sysem with broken block and evade animation loops. Not enough items - shields, clothes, armor. Clothing system itself is brokem - with no visible racial flags.
Inventory is broken - with its overlapping and item disappearing. And with its odd "pick with LMB, but equip with RMB". Minor collision issues - but grand in quantity.
If a bug never gets reported to developers, it won't get fixed unless they encounter it themselves. And you seem to be very proficient at running into unusual edge cases that most players never encounter.

As far as combat is concerned, that's been a long term work in progress. It changes slightly with every update, both in terms of new weapon types and new mechanics. It's seen at least one total overhaul and a lot of minor tweaks and additions over time. As a specific example, when stagger was first implemented the player would always stagger backwards. That made it impossible to run away from archers, since arrows stagger the player. This was pointed out to the developers, and in the very next update stagger was adjusted to move away from the source of the hit.

The developers are also adding new items over time. With the crafting system there's now a large variety of weapons compared to the game's original combination of a single sword, bow, and shield options. And again, more with time. Judging things in a void does nobody any favors.

The clothing system doesn't have racial flags because (apparently with the exception of the void form), all clothing seems to be planned to work with all races. Male forms are comparatively new and the devs are still working on adapting clothing types for them. Again, judging a work in progress system as though it's final is always going to give you a negative result.
Broken dialog system - because of poorly scripting. (for starters - if you have more than 5 or 6 different dialog options - you fucked up the script.) And this even hitting their faces once or twice - when option 9 cannot be picked.
At this point I'm assuming you're complaining about the missing sex scenes for the felian concubines, which is a valid complaint and one I've personally made before. Early on the developers had a habit of flagging planned content with inaccessible dialogue options, and they stopped doing it due to the number of complaints they got over it. The existing ones have mostly stuck around, however.
Copypaste dungeons without mapping system.
You're gonna need to run that one by me again - copypaste from what?

Or are you referring to the large number of rooms that are just a single square chamber with a statue in the center? If it's that, there are plans for those. They're shrines to high-paying patrons, and will be customized (within a menu the devs have provided) to include decorations, statues, and NPCs + sex scenes.
This game has all the potential to turn adult gaming genre, setting an incredibly high level of quality.
And instead of fixing and polishing it they say - "to fuck with problems, we decide to start almost from scratch. We'll make world bigger and fill it with thousands of broken things instead of fixing them when they are dozens".
No, they did not say that. They tested the upgraded engine against their own production pipeline and found that they got better results with less work, and made the deliberate decision to begin developing the game in the new engine. They even explicitly state in the bit I copied that they will continue working on both versions alongside each other until the UE5 version is properly ready, rather than just throwing away all the work they've done thus far.

That's very much going to slow development, yes. But it shows a dedication to the players that you just don't see from the developers who opt to throw everything away and try again in a new engine.
So - no, I don't trust people with no common sense. Too many scums, too many unfulfilled promises.
Honestly, I'd hate to live in the world you're building for yourself. You seem to prefer to assume the worst, and that makes things bland, boring, and downright depressing.
And before anyone says how poor devs suffers from critics. If you cant see the problem when people telling you about just because you are thinking too high of yourself - well that is only your problems.
If you are this game dev and ready to listen - you have vast community so talk and to help. Some of us can even willing to help and do something useful like scetches, quests, writing stories and even make art. They say worst critics usually comes from biggest fans.
But if all you can think - is how we are filthy pirates spoiling your great mighty efforts - well, good luck diving into shitpit which have already consumed majority of gamedev industry. Remember - that pit is bottomles and consume all shitmakers. Clowns like todd"it just works" or shittyvision shitzzard already guggles from its depths.
As a dev myself, if I saw this part of your post and it was in relation to one of my projects, I'd immediately discard everything you'd said. This is not meant to offend, but community members offering to plan content and provide assets, unsolicited, are a poison pill just waiting to destroy a project from the inside. And I'm not even talking about relative skill level or quality of work - that's irrelevant.

If the devs took you up on your offer they'd be at significant legal risk of losing the entire project (or major chunks of it) in the event you decided you didn't want your content in the game anymore. That can be avoided to an extent with licensing rights (such as Fenoxo and crew do with CoC and TiTS) or getting you to sign a full legal contract. But It's very much a red flag that is easier avoided than handled.

Edit: Mind, I am not wholly uncritical of the devs. But I'm critical of actual flaws rather than assumed flaws. The devs have a lot of issues with game logic, and most of the bugs that crop up are ones that an experienced programmer (which they seem to lack) would be able to sort out in short order. This has historically cropped up in every new and modified system they make. New quests and dialogue options frequently have logic issues (for example, the report that you can't turn in the Footsteps of the Dragon quest in the male form at the moment). Their inventory system has had major flaws in the past, ones I've personally tracked down specific steps to reproduce both in order to warn people and in order to give the devs what they need to fix them. Their ingame save/load menu (as opposed to title screen) has cross-contaminated saves with object pickup and quest data from the save you're currently in affecting the one you're loading.

In most cases, once the devs get a detailed report on how to produce a bug, they manage to track it down and fix it. Due to their patreon->steam release cycle, this frequently means that the overwhelming majority of bugs the game has never make it to Steam builds. And before you complain about them sending untested content to subscribers - that's explicitly something subscribers are aware of. We've opted for early access at the cost of stability, because we see potential in the project and want to help. The developers allow us to help by funding (the subscription) and further testing (four thousand subscribers versus five developers).

Are the devs perfect? No. They're trying to make an adult game from scratch, and some aspects of it are clearly things they're less familiar with. They make mistakes, but they also do actually listen to their players and address them.

Last edited:

TheCragger

Aug 14, 2021
Sounds like you used an existing save rather than a new one. That's the old location for the object from before there was a dungeon, and it gets baked into saves along with a ton of other data. It could be why scale colors are broken too.

Edit: Confirmed, the quest target and skins both work properly on a new game. There's a reason the devs are locking out old saves on new versions.
Maybe for you but I deleted each and every save before starting a new game with this version and while the Anubis tomb worked fine the Footsteps of the dragon all the urns are missing. It's not just trying to use old saves that is causing this.

randomman11

Oct 19, 2018
I got only a single question for this game- the ass size and look ever gonna be able to be adjusted? Cause man- when the females have a distinct pose in some scenes, 'dem booties take on that masculine shape that instantly shoot down my enthusiasm. Like, at least make it possible to pick different shapes if not make it adjustable per will.

4.00 star(s) 86 Votes