Misty

May 26, 2017
Quest 'Footsteps of the Dragon' broken as well can't retrieve a ritual vessel because it's not spawning in the tombs.

Jan 5, 2019
Quest 'Footsteps of the Dragon' broken as well can't retrieve a ritual vessel because it's not spawning in the tombs.
It's floating over the stairs near the entrance to me, was able to jump and pick it up, but you can't choose your scale/color pattern this time out. This build seems pretty ruined honestly, last update was more stable.

Reactions: Misty

TheInternetIsForThis

Mar 4, 2020
It's floating over the stairs near the entrance to me, was able to jump and pick it up, but you can't choose your scale/color pattern this time out. This build seems pretty ruined honestly, last update was more stable.
Sounds like you used an existing save rather than a new one. That's the old location for the object from before there was a dungeon, and it gets baked into saves along with a ton of other data. It could be why scale colors are broken too.

Edit: Confirmed, the quest target and skins both work properly on a new game. There's a reason the devs are locking out old saves on new versions.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wolven Moonlight

Janako

Dec 31, 2018
Adding and changing a few more things and yet there are so many quests and dialogue which still have the [COMING SOON] option since the earlier versions of the game.
How tiresome.

• Sad
Reactions: spiceky

spiceky

Jul 22, 2019
Sharing my full save: all quests completed, a damascus steel refined sword owned, lots of items and some gold included.
It's a shame that you have to start a new game whenever an update comes out... Moreover, most of the quests don't unlock you any of sex scenes at all :( Anyways, enjoy the savefile! (version 0.3.42)
Path: %localappdata%\Carnal_Instinct\Saved\SaveGames

Last edited:

Ichimaru6212

Nov 2, 2018
Sharing my full save: all quests completed, a damascus steel refined sword owned, lots of items and some gold included.
It's a shame that you have to start a new game whenever an update comes out... Moreover, most of the quests don't unlock you any of sex scenes at all :( Anyways, enjoy the savefile! (version 0.3.42)
where do the saves go? I cant find the save folder anywhere.

TheVegnar

Jul 4, 2021
Path: %localappdata%\Carnal_Instinct\Saved\SaveGames
Does this also have the Enhanced Body Sliders?

Lientu

Oct 31, 2018
CI_textures.png
something happened to underwear textures in this version. last time i played 0.3.28 and they was displayed good. also underwear look like this in inventory screen for 1-3 sec then displaying correctly. if i load save from 3.28, they look fine . so i guess it's some texture settings bug

Vakul

Apr 10, 2022
I don't quite understand what's new in 3.42.
Changelog says - DSS with F key to toggle vision. I've started a new game and I dont have any vision of F, nor I have any of that on controls menu.
Is there some kind of bug?
------------------------
UPD: found this option in Options - Controls - Camera (WUT?!)
Clowns didnt bother to bind default F from manuals to that action.
And they didn't bother to add some info on Carnal levels and rewards.

Last edited:

Shyboy

Aug 5, 2017
They've kinda said it in the changelog, "You might need to bind it"

Reactions: rcbcgreenpanzer

TheInternetIsForThis

Mar 4, 2020
More accurately, the option is properly bound, but only if you haven't had the game installed before. New versions of the game do not overwrite your previous settings, and this includes keybinds.

Vakul

Apr 10, 2022
Oh, they fucked up quests making them totally broken. Tales of the void doesnt spawn the urn.
And while its totally okay in games which have hunreds of quests, it is complete shit here. Coz they have 14 quests here. You clowns can't check 14 quests after major update before releasing on steam?

More accurately, the option is properly bound, but only if you haven't had the game installed before. New versions of the game do not overwrite your previous settings, and this includes keybinds.
Problem is with its positioning. Why not in the "sound" section? Or maybe in graphics - right between gamma and v-sync? And where the f... is the ingame tutorial? How players are supposed to know there is this mega feature?

It may seeem that I am overly critical, but I've seen too much shit from many "developers". And the thing is - if there is a stupid mistakes which can be avoided by reading a damn gamedesign manual - there is HUGE possibility of project becoming a scum shit.
Because when "we don't give a f...." starts - there is no limits and it never stops.

But! To be completely sure - we should give them several days. Usually from 3 days at best and 2 weeks at worst - to react. If they come out and do something about those bugs - there is still hope.
For now, 6 days passed already.

Reactions: Lientu

TheInternetIsForThis

Mar 4, 2020
Oh, they fucked up quests making them totally broken. Tales of the void doesnt spawn the urn.
And while its totally okay in games which have hunreds of quests, it is complete shit here. Coz they have 14 quests here. You clowns can't check 14 quests after major update before releasing on steam?
The vast majority of broken quest reports I've seen are from people loading old saves into the new version. The developers warn people against doing that (and even have the game set up to invalidate old saves in many cases) because of how much data Unreal packs into saves that carries over and breaks things when changed.

And before you complain about futureproofing saves, this game is explicitly pre-alpha. Everything is still being designed, implemented, and subject to change and data loss. Adding permanent code to loading and forward converting the saves can and will wait until they reach a later development milestone.

Problem is with its positioning. Why not in the "sound" section? Or maybe in graphics - right between gamma and v-sync? And where the f... is the ingame tutorial? How players are supposed to know there is this mega feature?
Why on earth would a gameplay keybind wind up in the graphics or sound settings menu? As for the ingame tutorial, there are a bunch of contextual popups for first-time actions. Or at least there were last I looked. I don't know if the DSS is in them yet, however.

But! To be completely sure - we should give them several days. Usually from 3 days at best and 2 weeks at worst - to react. If they come out and do something about those bugs - there is still hope.
For now, 6 days passed already.
You realize you're handing out an ultimatum to a developer with a semi-fixed development schedule over something they've explicitly warned people about? An issue that they've been aware of since they added the feature for Patreon back in March? I get complaining about it. Heck, reporting it to the developer is a viable approach too. But making demands of them on a third party forum that they explicitly blacklist from their own community server due to piracy isn't gonna do much of anything.

Edit: Just to be clear, the devs do release hotfixes for the game. But those have always been to deal with crashes and major bugs like inventory deletion. Issues that can be resolved with a bit of reading are much further down their priority list.

4.00 star(s) 86 Votes