Nirolten

Nov 12, 2020
was few hours ago but got reverted to 1.78 past week patch but most of those are dead now gotta wait for mod/op to update them since 2.0.2 was missing few files need to work without patreon
If there is a way to make it work with the patreon version...

7thCloud

Sep 17, 2020
Edit: I now know how the new security measure works, but sharing the information won't help anyone here who doesn't have the relevant files and data that the game is looking for.
Urgh... how much it cost? I will probably make a patch for the launcher this weekend, it shouldn't be hard tho, making a loop that can answer the request will probably do the job...

my only question is: is there a table inside the game or in the launcher, in other terms "where does it ask you to login/link you Patreon account ?"

TheInternetIsForThis

Mar 4, 2020
Urgh... how much it cost? I will probably make a patch for the launcher this weekend tho, making a loop that can answer the request will probably do the job...

my only question is: is there a table inside the game or in the launcher, in other terms "where does it ask you to login/link you Patreon account ?"
The current versions costs $20. The next version will be $10, but will be leaked pretty much instantly as a Steam build. As for the security measure that blocked this thread, I actually know how to bypass it but if it gets bypassed in a download in this thread, which the developers actually check, it will be patched over with a more complex security measure.

For the moment they're just checking to see if some data the launcher snags from Patreon exists. If that measure doesn't work well, they could potentially extend it all the way to straight-up forcing a Patreon login in the game client.

In all honesty, if you guys don't want to have an arms race with the developer over securing the game, it might be worth it to chill a bit and not try to dump the latest version as soon as it's out. Team Carnal has demonstrated they're willing to add more security measures to prevent Patreon builds from leaking, and the DRM arms race hurts pretty much everyone involved.

Last edited:

7thCloud

Sep 17, 2020
The current versions costs $20. The next version will be $10, but will be leaked pretty much instantly as a Steam build. As for the security measure that blocked this thread, I actually know how to bypass it but if it gets bypassed in a download in this thread, which the developers actually check, it will be patched over with a more complex security measure.

For the moment they're just checking to see if some data the launcher snags from Patreon exists. If that measure doesn't work well, they could potentially extend it all the way to straight-up forcing a Patreon login in the game client.

In all honesty, if you guys don't want to have an arms race with the developer over securing the game, it might be worth it to chill a bit and not try to dump the latest version as soon as it's out. Team Carnal has demonstrated they're willing to add more security measures to prevent Patreon builds from leaking, and the DRM arms race hurts pretty much everyone involved.
as long as there will be no HWID lock to one computer, there won't be any problems keeping it updated, making the game client sends requests will be the worst idea ever! also fuck DRM
and I'm still wondering what they used to obfuscate the launcher, yeah sure it can be reversed via IDA or x64dbg but still, it will be much easier if I can know (my suspicions are telling me vmp).

and unlike you, I'm not scared about a long-time race since I'm already having one with Activision, the only thing that I'm really scared of and got no power on it is if they decide to abandon the game :whistle:.

Last edited:

TheInternetIsForThis

Mar 4, 2020
as long as there will be no HWID lock to one computer, there won't be any problems keeping it updated, making the game client sends requests will be the worst idea ever! also fuck DRM
and I'm still wondering what they used to obfuscate the launcher, yeah sure it can be reversed via IDA or x64dbg but still, it will be much easier if I can know (my suspicions are telling me vmp).

and unlike you, I'm not scared about a long-time race since I'm already having one with Activision, the only thing that I'm really scared of and got no power on it is if they decide to abandon the game :whistle:.
Nah, the worst case scenario with DRM arms race involving a small indie team like this isn't better DRM, it's them saying "fuck it", dropping the project, and leaving everyone hanging while they go back to other jobs instead.

vtc12

Oct 4, 2019
I buy the game on Steam and when I install it I see that it is not updated, it is below the update with which I played for the first time:rolleyes::censored: (We are going to request a refund that this does not look good ):LOL::LOL:

TheInternetIsForThis

Mar 4, 2020
I buy the game on Steam and when I install it I see that it is not updated, it is below the update with which I played for the first time:rolleyes::censored: (We are going to request a refund that this does not look good ):LOL::LOL:
Steam is going to be updated within the next week and a half or so, alongside the first update the game gets in June.

Oct 16, 2017
Nah, the worst case scenario with DRM arms race involving a small indie team like this isn't better DRM, it's them saying "fuck it", dropping the project, and leaving everyone hanging while they go back to other jobs instead.
If they do that then they'll completely lose all credibility and wont be welcomed back into the industry, but they've already invested so much money (So they claim) so I doubt even if the DRM gets breached they'd pack up shop and leave.

4.00 star(s) 85 Votes