KorsaroKhan

May 12, 2018
It's been in this thread since the update got posted.

As for this update? Don't download it unless you're a patron. As people have noted, it doesn't run unless it can detect data that the new launcher adds when you download the game. This data is subscriber-specific and can be used to track down a Patreon account and ban it if shared.
Well the guy said he had the cracked one. Are we sure the guy who posted it posted the correct file?

TheInternetIsForThis

Mar 4, 2020
Well the guy said he had the cracked one. Are we sure the guy who posted it posted the correct file?
I'm downloading to verify (I have a subscription and the appropriate data already set via the launcher), so if this download works, then yes. They posted the correct file, and didn't bypass the new protections.

KorsaroKhan

May 12, 2018
I'm downloading to verify (I have a subscription and the appropriate data already set via the launcher), so if this download works, then yes. They posted the correct file, and didn't bypass the new protections.
But the guy said it worked for him so I assume he meant this version so it's possible that the wrong file was posted

TheInternetIsForThis

Mar 4, 2020
But the guy said it worked for him so I assume he meant this version so it's possible that the wrong file was posted
To get a version of the game and launcher to crack, the guy is almost certainly a subscriber with a valid Patreon account. Assuming he didn't test the version he uploaded on a clean system (Which, given the evidence in this thread is a safe assumption), then "worked for him" is entirely meaningless when the developer implements new security measures. Based on the previous downloads in this thread and what that person has said, this is what likely happened:
  1. fxvncxyxfdgxcngvydfh downloaded the new launcher (which is required for this update, and indicates they are a subscriber of some level since the link is locked in a subscriber post.
  2. They then ran the new launcher and downloaded a copy of the game, potentially for their own copy of the update. Doing this adds data to the computer, in the install directory, appdata, and registry.
  3. They cracked the launcher or used a cracked launcher obtained elsewhere to download another copy of the game without identifying information.
  4. They tested this copy of the game, which ran just fine for them. (Because the latest version of the game checks for Patreon subscriber data that is stored either in appdata or the registry, which was added to their machine by running the launcher properly.)
  5. They uploaded this stripped copy of the game for use here, which doesn't work for people who don't have the subscriber data stored elsewhere on their computers.

Last edited:
Reactions: redliight

KorsaroKhan

May 12, 2018
To get a version of the game and launcher to crack, the guy is almost certainly a subscriber with a valid Patreon account. Assuming he didn't test the version he uploaded on a clean system (Which, given the evidence in this thread is a safe assumption), then "worked for him" is entirely meaningless when the developer implements new security measures.
He said that he doesn't have a Pateron so who knows.

TheInternetIsForThis

Mar 4, 2020
TheInternetIsForThis kinda irrelevant question until this is sorted, but have they already hotfixed the snek sex or is that one still upcoming?
Still pending. Presumably they're rolling some other fixes into it.
Umm, have anyone tried to fake the traffic of the launcher?
it should be easy...
He said that he doesn't have a Pateron so who knows.
I just checked the download against an official copy. The download in this thread is missing two files and the last line of the unreal engine manifest file.

Edit: I now know how the new security measure works, but sharing the information won't help anyone here who doesn't have the relevant files and data that the game is looking for.

Last edited:

user0609

Dec 17, 2018
I tried replace launcher exe and game exe from previous version and I still have "no patreon acc... blah blah" I suspect that new version has a script in the .pak file and in order to run new version you need to bypass this script.

4.00 star(s) 85 Votes