TheInternetIsForThis

Mar 4, 2020
Actual reason they updated it this quickly: Playing hide and seek with their file storage urls again.
Nah, the launcher was legitimately giving them issues. The v0.2.0 post on Patreon has more comments than almost any other post they've made, and many of those are related to the launcher that came out at the same time. Their discord server was also pretty heavily inundated with bug reports and help requests for the same reasons.

Caerna

Dec 29, 2018
When will devs understand that piracy is not "Oh no, 100 people pirated my game, so I lost 100 sales!" but "Hm, out of 100 people who pirated, 15 bought my game, so +15 sales and free marketing, nice!"?

Although I must say this corporate level of anti-piracy from niche indies is funny to witness.

TheInternetIsForThis

Mar 4, 2020
When will devs understand that piracy is not "Oh no, 100 people pirated my game, so I lost 100 sales!" but "Hm, out of 100 people who pirated, 15 bought my game, so +15 sales and free marketing, nice!"?

Although I must say this corporate level of anti-piracy from niche indies is funny to witness.
Funny thing: A developer responded to the thread literally in the post before you. And as has been noted earlier in the thread, this project spent a good chunk of time with literally negative income, where the devs were making less money than they were spending. I also don't think I've ever seen a netflix-style "a sale not made is money stolen from us" statement from them. Opinions on DRM aside, this project is very much not a money printer like people seem to think it is.

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised to learn that even now the project has cost the developers more money than they've made over its lifetime.

Nirolten

Nov 12, 2020
Ok I have no idea what happened but i was able to log in the first time I launched the Launcher but now I have an error message saying "Unable to contact Carnal Instinct servers", any idea ?
I fucked my installation, it stopped for way to long when trying to exctract the files and my only option was to restart my computer.

Mar 3, 2021
Ok I have no idea what happened but i was able to log in the first time I launched the Launcher but now I have an error message saying "Unable to contact Carnal Instinct servers", any idea ?
I fucked my installation, it stopped for way to long when trying to exctract the files and my only option was to restart my computer.
Download the launcher from:
Patch the file app.asar with:

Oct 5, 2017
Anyone else having trouble with continuing the quest "diamond in the rough"? I've loaded from a 1.75 save since i really didn't want to have to re-gather all my skins and items and it's not letting me progress past the "return to esi" step. The void tomb looks really neat though, very spooky.

Hildegardt

Oct 18, 2017
From what I can tell, this game got a decent bit of exposure as the weird furry game with good graphics, horse cocks and comical amounts of cum that made it onto Steam. But that isn't reflected in their Patreon numbers at all. I could imagine that their pirates to genuine subscribers ratio is out of whack, which probably stings a lot, because their Patreon page still isn't really huge.

But they are clearly doing something wrong, considering there was a time when a trashy flash game like Breeding Season was the biggest page on Patreon, just by virtue of furries being horny and generous. With the quality of their visuals and the exposure they've gotten so far, they should easily be able to rival Breeding Season in its prime. So something is turning people off from supporting them and it's probably not the game itself.

echo3dx

Nov 15, 2020
especially when patreon aka money milking machine is involved.
It's painfully obvious that you've never developed a game using Patreon for funding.

And considering their strange steam version approach, I have quite a bit of doubt about this project long-term future. They are not the only ones who do this on steam (Hunt and Snare comes to mind), but afaik no one lags steam version so far behind, and their absolute bullshit excuse for it is another thing altogether.
You needn't have doubt on the "long-term future" as we don't plan on the project dragging on for years and years; in contrast to your 'money milking' comment, we actually want to put a finished product in people's hands rather than keep it running half a decade. Once it's "finished" and we'll then support the project in terms of bugfixes and small content drops for a couple of years, but we won't be actively developing major content for it. Lots of Patreon projects kick the finish line down the road endlessly, something we have no interest in doing; once the game is ~6 months out from completion we'll poll our supporters and see if there's a desire for expansions, otherwise that'll be the project done.

Presumably you're comparing like for like in your "no one lags steam version so far behind" comment? Well BotN updated in Feb and before that Oct. H&S updated Apr, Mar, and Dec. Noticing the pattern here? We update every two weeks, something we couldn't do on Steam without being destroyed constantly in the reviews and suffering sky-high refund rates. Steam is a stable version and get's huge content updates on a schedule that is comparable to other crowdfunded games (though we think way ahead in terms of per-update volume of content).

Maybe you should give development a go, it's only $100 to get a game on Steam and there's a tonne of free content in the UE4 or Unity asset stores to get you started. You could invest all that time you spend shitting on us here to get rich from that "money milking machine". Be sure to keep it updated twice a month for a year and then get back to me on how feasible that was for you.

I'll wait.

p.s. Dev needs a profile badge and signature or something, they look like every other random account here.
Point taken.

Caerna

Dec 29, 2018
And here's some Filthy Pirate's Potential Customer's feedback on the game:

Sex system is by far the most uninteresting part of it, some sex scenes are weirdly animated and camera work is questionable to the point of being detrimental (it often just kills the mood outright). Bodies are surprisingly lowpoly for their textures and are an eyesore in hot closeups.

Annoyingly long fetch quests that send you as far away as possible every step and give no rewards that feel cool. This kills the majority of the fun factor, especially considering that the world itself is mostly empty for now.

Strange equipment system that makes clothing work like new body type, why can't I wear clothes on any body?

Combat system is the most fun part of it so far, if it's not that big one from ue asset store, you can sell it as an asset, because it's good and in active development.

Game feels directionless so far, roadmap is nice and all, but what devs want their game to be in the end? What's their "dream" final product? Because right now it's a bit of everything, but barely anything.

Last edited by a moderator:
4.00 star(s) 85 Votes