NoStepOnSnek

Apr 29, 2018
Strange equipment system that makes clothing work like new body type, why can't I wear clothes on any body?
Well, that one at least is easily explained. Far simpler to prototype just one inventory at first. Iirc splitting transformations into its own system was even on a pretty near-term roadmap.

TheInternetIsForThis

Mar 4, 2020
When indies fight against piracy so hard, it starts to look shady, especially when patreon aka money milking machine is involved. And considering their strange steam version approach, I have quite a bit of doubt about this project long-term future. They are not the only ones who do this on steam (Hunt and Snare comes to mind), but afaik no one lags steam version so far behind, and their absolute bullshit excuse for it is another thing altogether.

I am just extremely skeptical about this project.

p.s. Dev needs a profile badge and signature or something, they look like every other random account here.
They're barely fighting against piracy. They are, in fact, doing the bare minimum a developer would be expected to do. Filing DMCA takedown on links and implementing basic DRM tied to the crowdfunding services. It is absolutely incomparable to something like Denuvo or going full ubisoft always-online, and certainly doesn't compare to a renpy developer using daz3d and prefab models and code.

What has Team Carnal done?
  • Worked on a game for approaching a year, much of that time with a negative budget.
  • Paid for the project out of their own pockets when it wasn't making money.
  • Created an interesting world, from-scratch, that is still ongoing in development.
  • Been as open about development as they reasonably could be, including posting here both now and in the past. (Patreon forces adult content to be paywalled, thus their update logs not being public. They're also putting info onto a wiki now.)
  • Continued work on the project despite financial and community backlash.
  • Implemented basic DRM to protect their investments.
  • Put their long term livelihoods (including their ability to support their families) at risk by stepping out of the normal game development industry to work on an AO title.
What have we, F95, done as a community?
  • Immediately accused the developers of stealing assets from AAA games.
  • Made a longstanding habit of creating public upload links for a paid product as soon as possible, even when that product had a negative budget. (Notably, F95 has fairly good SEO due to having existed for quite a while, so this forum's pages can easily eclipse the official pages of a new developer in searches.)
  • Insulted the abilities of the developers for quite a lot of reasons, varying from the art to the code to the world itself.
  • Insulted and demeaned the project for not having specific features people wanted, often when those features are explicitly planned by the developer and in their easy to access, publicly available roadmap.
  • Reacted to the basic, entirely reasonable DRM the developers put in place to help protect the project from literally going under with insults, moralistic assumptions, and accusations that they have no plans to actually develop a finished product.
  • Treated an early alpha project with core mechanics still being developed as though it was nearly finished and just devoid of content. (Seriously, this game has a lot of "only one of this exists" because they're developing mechanics and will, once everything is ready, scale it outward to full content scope.)
So overall you might see why the developers aren't on the best of terms with this forum.

sqwdgfrh

Jan 4, 2020
when I open the crack and log in on patreon it tells me unable to check the version: unable to connect to the carnal instinct server

Reactions: HGS243

docc2009

Mar 21, 2020
who managed to start and download the crack, the crack is no longer needed to start) and the game needs to be run Carnal_Instinct.exe, because if you run Carnal_Instinct-Win64-Shipping it will ask for activation

Frizzy1923

Oct 5, 2017
Anyone else having trouble with continuing the quest "diamond in the rough"? I've loaded from a 1.75 save since i really didn't want to have to re-gather all my skins and items and it's not letting me progress past the "return to esi" step. The void tomb looks really neat though, very spooky.
Had the same problem, had to start from the beginning.

NoStepOnSnek

Apr 29, 2018
And whats the difference between Win and Patreon Crack?
Info in the OP is a mess atm, but basically "Win" is the middle-of-May Patreon update, which is the latest version we have that you can just download and play without issues (probably).
"Crack" would have given you the actual latest end-of-May version if you managed to find it like yesterday morning or so but quickly became useless due to further behind-the-scenes changes. The guy who shared it also got fed up with the game so it's pretty much just digital junk for the foreseeable future.

l_i_m_e

Apr 7, 2019
As it is right now DO NOT BOTHER WITH THIS GAME ON THIS FORUM. If you really want to play this game just support the devs. It helps everyone here. But don't waste your time complaining on this forum. Aside from constructive criticism obviously. There is a link around here for an earlier version tho. But there's plenty of other games on this site that'll make your prick happy lol

TheInternetIsForThis

Mar 4, 2020
Doesn't anything on Patreon require you to always have a connection? I'm genuinely curious. I wouldn't know.
Nope. The only means of authentication Patreon provides to developers is via an OAuth API. Basically, intended for integrations into other websites and services. That lends itself quite well to one-and-done verification checks with occasional re-verification, but doesn't work well for the overbearing "you must stay connected to a server" style setup that a lot of always online DRM relies on.

Stranger2121

May 16, 2018
My biggest problem is I don't want to pay for updates on patreon exclusively but I did bought it on steam but it is not updated and only uses "Stable Builds"

4.00 star(s) 85 Votes