4.40 star(s) 39 Votes

TomUK

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2021
Muhahaha! :D yes you should probably bow out now.
While I do hate bushes, that's not why this path is dark. All paths will have various levels of darkness. A lot of us get off on the whole forced nudity thing, which by its nature has to be dark to some extent. However, my general rule of thumb is that the victim has to be getting some kind of pleasure out of it, so there will be light within the darkness. Plus there will be opportunities for her to escape, and for villains to get their comeuppance from time to time.
OK I get that, but the forced nudity element was already there with the blackmailer, I just felt it went really dark way too quick, there was no response from the blackmailer for refusing to shave her bush off or walking out of the photo studio. I think there was an opportunity to corrupt Amelia on the roof top with Casey and the security guard, but gave them a fixed out from it, which could have led to Casey's dream and Amelia getting off on being naked outside in front of the guard and her best friend.

wibble4321

Dec 8, 2019
What version number shows up in the main menu?
Hi,

I am on the latest version. The issue is that if you are playing what I understand is the 'shaven' route, the gallery only shows the events possible for that route. It seems that if you go back to the menu, start an entirely fresh game and THEN go to the gallery it will show you the full number of options.

Hopefully you can understand why this might be an issue?

Hordragg

Lesser-Known Mesmer
Donor
Compressor
Apr 2, 2019
Wird eigentlich an der deutschen ÜBersetzung noch gearbeitet. Habe gerade mit dem Spiel angefangen schon am Anfang sind noch einige Texte nicht übersetzt, auch Rechtschreibfehler der deutschen Version fallen auf.
Please be mindful of 1.5 of the general rules. To answer your question: the translation has been picked up by a new translator who is reworking the entire translation. More information can be gathered from their Discord.

soulles

Jul 2, 2018
This should be my last post about the update situation because I don't want to sound like a whiney asshole. :)

As others have said the change log tell us nothing about whether we're getting content or not. I thought there were only 2 paths (shaven/unshaven) but I guess there are more paths.

I choose the shaven path because that is my preference but if I was given a choice of having a bush to get more content I'd take it. This story and characters are amazing and I'd rather see the story progress at all costs.

You amazing devs say you're working on this game in your spare time so why did you decide to make all these different paths that add so much to the development time. You're basically making 3+ games at the same time which annoys every single person who enjoys the game regardless of what path they are on. I've been waiting for this naked party for what feels like 6 months now and at this rate I don't know if I'll get to see it this year.

Lastly you devs have handled this critisism amazingly. We can all see you love your work. Whatever you decide to do just keep being awesome.
It doesn't annoy me at all, why are you acting like the representative of every person that likes this game.

Personally I enjoy the multiple routes, this gives everyone something, maybe not right away, but over time what you prefer wil get more added.

If they cut for example the shaven route, personally I would not be happy, cause I do enjoy that route. Would they cut unshaven, many others seem to not be happy.

So I think it's the right way to keep multiple routes, the advancements in the story might not be that fast, but they are high quality and I'dd take that over quantity any day.

Also how many projects do you know that update pretty much monthly that add more content, cause generally updates within a month are not that big in any game here. It's a choice or decision that is made. A big update, but longer wait or smaller ones, but monthly where possible.

I prefer these smaller updates, but do get if you rather have bigger ones, but then the wait wil be longer.

xtraax

Mar 9, 2020
It doesn't annoy me at all, why are you acting like the representative of every person that likes this game.

Personally I enjoy the multiple routes, this gives everyone something, maybe not right away, but over time what you prefer wil get more added.

If they cut for example the shaven route, personally I would not be happy, cause I do enjoy that route. Would they cut unshaven, many others seem to not be happy.

So I think it's the right way to keep multiple routes, the advancements in the story might not be that fast, but they are high quality and I'dd take that over quantity any day.

Also how many projects do you know that update pretty much monthly that add more content, cause generally updates within a month are not that big in any game here. It's a choice or decision that is made. A big update, but longer wait or smaller ones, but monthly where possible.

I prefer these smaller updates, but do get if you rather have bigger ones, but then the wait wil be longer.
I would say College Kings is one of the big projects that almost delivers monthly with lots of content, but their updates come with lots of bugs and need almost everytime a patch. SuperWriter's game Secret Summer also gets updated quite regularly, with small/medium size content imo.

I would prefer to wait more so I'm getting more quality/quantity content rather than fast deliveries with deceiving or smaller content. I'm fine with Casey's Fall updates speed as devs aren't full time on it and that they aren't many people working on it tho

Last edited:

Sakrilas

Just Another Member
Game Developer
Oct 26, 2017
Hi,

I am on the latest version. The issue is that if you are playing what I understand is the 'shaven' route, the gallery only shows the events possible for that route. It seems that if you go back to the menu, start an entirely fresh game and THEN go to the gallery it will show you the full number of options.

Hopefully you can understand why this might be an issue?
The Gallery is not linked to any save file. There's no need to start a fresh game.

Keep in mind that "All Events", as the name implies, really refers to ALL the events (locked events + unlocked events), that count will always be the same to all players that are using the same version of the game. Regardless of how they've been playing.

Your screenshots don't make sense to me. The Gallery is a global reference based on which scenes you already watched. Everyone, regardless of their saves, have the same Gallery page, the only thing that changes is based on what they've already seen appearing on the screen (regardless if they saved the game or not), the events they've seen will be unlocked in the gallery.

Your gallery screenshot is clearly an older version of the Gallery (since the "All Events" count is shown as 66), while the main menu is the latest version.

I have never seen this happening before.
This is the first time where I'm seeing someone having parts of the game in an older version than other parts.

It's almost like you're taking screenshots of 2 different runtimes of the game.

Did you unpack the scripts.rpa file from an older version of the game, by any chance?

Please let me know how did you go into downloading and playing the latest release. If you could explain which steps you took that will help me hopefully implement more safeguards.

Last edited:

wibble4321

Dec 8, 2019
Please let me know how did you go into downloading and playing the latest release. If you could explain which steps you took that will help me hopefully implement more safeguards.

Hi, thank you for taking the time!

Just to make sure nothing odd was going on I downloaded again fresh from Mega into a new directory. Download, unpack. Copy .save files from old installtion to new. Run game, load last save file. ... To be continued ... Now the gallery is as I showed it - limited to 66 events.

If I re-extract to a totally fresh directory, copy the save across but don't load a saved game, then when I go to the gallery I see the full 109.

So if you extract the game fresh, play your save file then check the gallery you seem to get the gallery for your save path only.

Sakrilas

Just Another Member
Game Developer
Oct 26, 2017
Hi, thank you for taking the time!

Just to make sure nothing odd was going on I downloaded again fresh from Mega into a new directory. Download, unpack. Copy .save files from old installtion to new. Run game, load last save file. ... To be continued ... Now the gallery is as I showed it - limited to 66 events.

If I re-extract to a totally fresh directory, copy the save across but don't load a saved game, then when I go to the gallery I see the full 109.

So if you extract the game fresh, play your save file then check the gallery you seem to get the gallery for your save path only.
Mmmm... That is really weird... I'm not sure what's going on.

The gallery does not rely on player saves at all.
They are 2 completely independent systems. A player can opt to never save their game, but they will still unlock events in the gallery.

The gallery is linked to what renpy calls "persistent" data. (There's a file called "persistent" right in the save folder, that's what the Gallery Uses.)

If I re-extract to a totally fresh directory, copy the save across ...
The saves shouldn't be located in the game folder.
They are kept in C:\Users\<your user name>\AppData\Roaming\RenPy\caseys_fall

Copying saves over isn't a thing you should do. Specially if this is involving the "persistent" file being overritten by an older version of it.

Reactions: wibble4321

wibble4321

Dec 8, 2019
Copying saves over isn't a thing you should do. Specially if this is involving the "persistent" file being overritten by an older version of it.
I specifically only copy the .save files, not a persistent as I wondered if that was an issue.

Just tried it without the copy. Relying on the AppData version - same behaviour.

If you check the gallery from a shaved path save loaded you only have 66 events available.

Do you have a clean save on the shaved path (I assume so?) Load it and then check the gallery.

If you close the game, reopen and check the gallery before loading a save you get the full 109. After you open the shaved path save file, the gallery drops back to 66 again. As long as you have the shaved path open, you only ever see 66 events possible with 100% unlocked.

Mez55

Aug 1, 2021
Starts off by going commando at college and immediately jumps to being naked from the waist down in a crowded college hallway
Well that escalated quickly.
(and apparently Casey's clothes are so flimsy she cannot feel her skirt getting torn off, what is this? Skyrim?)

Tried another play through and ignored the call... Good End! I win!

Seriously though, I would have preferred a slower "burn" on the ENF/Humiliation of Casey.

Rest of it looked great.

wibble4321

Dec 8, 2019
BTW, this is just a habit I got into because quite a few game developers (not you!) seem to have difficulties mainting naming standards across versions and this just became my default workflow for updating. Never had a problem with it before.

_If_ you were looking for a way to provide more information about describing paths and making them more transparent/obvious for users check out Parental Love. I thought the path naming on the save files worked okay.

Hordragg

Lesser-Known Mesmer
Donor
Compressor
Apr 2, 2019
BTW, this is just a habit I got into because quite a few game developers (not you!) seem to have difficulties mainting naming standards across versions and this just became my default workflow for updating. Never had a problem with it before.
You're also not having a problem with it now, as files residing in the global save directory do take precedence over the ones present in the game's save directory. In other words: the game really doesn't care about whether or not you copied the old saves over. :geek:

Could you upload the save in question, please. It's way more likely that your file is corrupt than the gallery being broken.

Reactions: wibble4321

wibble4321

Dec 8, 2019
Could you upload the save in question, please. It's way more likely that your file is corrupt than the gallery being broken.
Sure, I hope this helps, and if I'm being stupid, please do tell me!

<<attachement deleted>>

Last edited:

Hordragg

Lesser-Known Mesmer
Donor
Compressor
Apr 2, 2019
Sure, I hope this helps, and if I'm being stupid, please do tell me!
While your save isn't exactly fine – one can rollback but not skip ahead, meaning your save doesn't recognize the very same lines it has been played through – everything's just as you described it and the gallery is indeed broken. Your save contains an earlier version of the gallery_nodes and loading it will replace several classes and definitions. Using 2022-02 I skipped ahead to the very same screen you saved on and loading said save in 2022-04 will indeed show an incorrect number of events. Will poke around a bit more to see what's up.

wibble4321

Dec 8, 2019
While your save isn't exactly fine – one can rollback but not skip ahead, meaning your save doesn't recognize the very same lines it has been played through – everything's just as you described it and the gallery is indeed broken. Your save contains an earlier version of the gallery_nodes and loading it will replace several classes and definitions. Using 2022-02 I skipped ahead to the very same screen you saved on and loading said save in 2022-04 will indeed show an incorrect number of events. Will poke around a bit more to see what's up.
Cool, thank you! I'm glad I'm not going totally mad - I hope it helps in some way.

Sakrilas

Just Another Member
Game Developer
Oct 26, 2017
Interesting! Thanks for looking into it Hordragg!

It's surprising to me that a player save is causing changes to the Gallery, I'll try to figure out a way to prevent that.

Thanks for the save wibble4321 , that's definitely going to be useful for us to debug this. I appreciated that you shared it with us.

Edit: Hordragg and I have fixed this Gallery bug! I'll include this fix with the very next patch.

Last edited:
4.40 star(s) 39 Votes