Skybudha

May 12, 2018
Where's the current end point in 29b? I've gotten all the girls in the house, did Estia in the shower, Heramael and Asmedia talked and now I'm stuck. I'm just curious if I'm at the end for now or not. All the signals are gone and the girls screen says there's nothing else, but I'm wondering if there's a main story trigger I'm missing.

ZimonColdres

Game Developer
Nov 7, 2019
Where's the current end point in 29b? I've gotten all the girls in the house, did Estia in the shower, Heramael and Asmedia talked and now I'm stuck. I'm just curious if I'm at the end for now or not. All the signals are gone and the girls screen says there's nothing else, but I'm wondering if there's a main story trigger I'm missing.
You did all the events, maybe the only thing you didn't do is Estia's footjob on Friday morning.

masterdragonson

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2018
My fault, I'm changing a few things in all the sites/forums
Might have wanted to wait until a new build was ready :p Now clicking on the Treasure Chest no longer leads to treasure :cry:

Unofficial Update from 0.29b to 0.29c
Rebranding change Patreon Link from HellGames to Zimon

Champion-0.29c-pc Update Patch.rar

This is mostly for those that want the Treasure Chest to work before the new build is ready.
Unofficial Credits were also altered to reflect this change.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

ZimonColdres

Game Developer
Nov 7, 2019
So, I'm back at work and I want to show you what's new. First of all, let's talk about the famous new scenes of old events. As I said, I don't want replaying the game to give the same experience, but a better one. For this reason, new scenes will be added to expand the events.
For example, this scene takes place during the prologue

For the navigation, I decided to make it open by removing those dialog menus. I just need to decide whether the action will be done through the writing or the object.

For example, here we have the old mc's room, now explorable

Pay no attention to the horrible font.
This method will be applied to all maps so that you can explore freely.
In addition, for objects such as the portal, I will be able to show them animated, so you can see their special effects.
Now let's move on to the 3 secondary characters.
The first is Isabel (name to be decided), owner of a restaurant. Constantly in debt, since she loves gambling, it will be up to us to give her a hand. We will also be able to work with her to earn human currency. And she's a milf.

Second character, she is a kind of cowgirl/ farmer. Her name is still to be defined, since I am undecided between Maribel/Beth/Bettie/Mildred/Rose/Jessie/Carol/Dorothy, yes I know, there are many. She will work as a shop to sell the stuff we don't need to earn money and trust, and we can help her with other things.

There are two because I have to decide on the haircut

Single-tail or bi-tail?

I'll make a poll for this, don't worry

Third character, not really secondary, let's call her more a secret boss, a contestant, if you meet her start running away.

I have to decide on the suit.

Full or sexy? Also for this, I'm going to do a poll
There will also be two male characters, shop owners who will allow us to buy various objects, such as the fishing rod.......nightmare intensifies.
I don't show them to you because..... do you really want to see male NPC?
From them, you can also buy items that will also unlock events, like buying a nice toy for Tsukiko
Remember however that the girls shown so far are secondary, as unfortunately, Tailè has become secondary too, you can unlock their cards but you won't be able to do much, as I said before, from now on I will follow the goals strictly to avoid adding too many things and overloading me with work.
I think I'll do like good old Selebus, once I reach the goal I'll let you decide who to make main girl.
I forgot to say that the goals have been modified, as already said I can't keep adding too much stuff anymore, maybe I have to start doing like the other devs and promise to add the content according to the goal achieved. For this reason, maybe no Halloween event. For those interested, check the Patreon page.
But don't worry, given the hellhound's popularity, she will be made main girl right away.
Having said that, we're going back to the old ways, we'll respect the tiers and do early access, maybe that's why we lost a lot of resources? Maybe, in any case, tell me what you think.

Last edited:

rahkshi01

Dec 31, 2018
So, I'm back at work and I want to show you what's new. First of all, let's talk about the famous new scenes of old events. As I said, I don't want replaying the game to give the same experience, but a better one. For this reason, new scenes will be added to expand the events.
For example, this scene takes place during the prologue

For the navigation, I decided to make it open by removing those dialog menus. I just need to decide whether the action will be done through the writing or the object.

For example, here we have the old mc's room, now explorable

Pay no attention to the horrible font.
This method will be applied to all maps so that you can explore freely.
In addition, for objects such as the portal, I will be able to show them animated, so you can see their special effects.
Now let's move on to the 3 secondary characters.
The first is Isabel (name to be decided), owner of a restaurant. Constantly in debt, since she loves gambling, it will be up to us to give her a hand. We will also be able to work with her to earn human currency. And she's a milf.

Second character, she is a kind of cowgirl/ farmer. Her name is still to be defined, since I am undecided between Maribel/Beth/Bettie/Mildred/Rose/Jessie/Carol/Dorothy, yes I know, there are many. She will work as a shop to sell the stuff we don't need to earn money and trust, and we can help her with other things.

There are two because I have to decide on the haircut

Single-tail or bi-tail?

I'll make a poll for this, don't worry

Third character, not really secondary, let's call her more a secret boss, a contestant, if you meet her start running away.

I have to decide on the suit.

Full or sexy? Also for this, I'm going to do a poll
There will also be two male characters, shop owners who will allow us to buy various objects, such as the fishing rod.......nightmare intensifies.
I don't show them to you because..... do you really want to see male NPC?
From them, you can also buy items that will also unlock events, like buying a nice toy for Tsukiko
Remember however that the girls shown so far are secondary, as unfortunately, Tailè has become secondary too, you can unlock their cards but you won't be able to do much, as I said before, from now on I will follow the goals strictly to avoid adding too many things and overloading me with work.
I think I'll do like good old Selebus, once I reach the goal I'll let you decide who to make main girl.
But don't worry, given the hellhound's popularity, she will be made main girl right away.
Having said that, we're going back to the old ways, we'll respect the tiers and do early access, maybe that's why we lost a lot of resources? Maybe, in any case, tell me what you think.
Nice hopefully all these girls will eventually be main girls and romanceable and become part of the harem. For the second girl I am kinda more partial to the single ponytail and as for the last girl you know my answer already, second pic for sure.

Reactions: ZimonColdres

Genji

Engaged Member
Dec 1, 2017
I dont mind if there is some male npc in game.Atleast you can see its not only you the only male in this world

Also,I hope you consider to put some people in the place we visit.Its really empty when I visit park,mall and the other public place.Its like the city never have their own folks and in its on empty world.

Just my OP though.:)

• Thinking Face
Reactions: masterdragonson

masterdragonson

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2018
I dont mind if there is some male npc in game.Atleast you can see its not only you the only male in this world

Also,I hope you consider to put some people in the place we visit.Its really empty when I visit park,mall and the other public place.Its like the city never have their own folks and in its on empty world.

Sprinkling in some interesting and not so interesting lesser npcs would add some life to areas. It also helps to say there are more people then the waifus or villains.

Reactions: Genji

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017

Yeah having other males in the game doesn't bother me, as long as the mc is the one having sex with girls.

Genji

Engaged Member
Dec 1, 2017
Yeah having other males in the game doesn't bother me, as long as the mc is the one having sex with girls.
Well I dont even care if one of the NPC have a nameless gf.╮(─▽─)╭Atleast there is some realism to that.But since you are the MC,you are gifted with your own harem and more special than other male NPC in the game.

ZimonColdres

Game Developer
Nov 7, 2019
Hi guys, I welcome you to the Champions Quiz. The quiz is very simple: it will be divided into several rounds, with more questions, but be careful, you will not be given any answers, you will have to guess which is the correct one. The person will be able to answer more questions and make the highest score. the points will also vary according to the completeness of the answers. The person with the highest score will win the quiz and as a prize, he or she can choose a special render with the girl he or she prefers. To answer this quiz, to avoid people cheating or copying other people's answers, you will have to send the answers directly to me. Everyone can take part in the quiz. How do I do it? Very simple, you have to follow the game on Patreon: and Twitter: If you don't have twitter, I can also overlook. That said, for tonight we start with the first round with three very simple questions, which you will surely know the answer to.
Question No. 1: The Residual Fragment, the place where the protagonist wakes up after using his powers, what is it, and is inspired by? You have to tell me the title and exact name of that place.
Question No. 2: The first time you meet Heramael, do you hear an alert sound, where does that sound come from and when does it happen?
Question No. 3: The secret event Moto, which character is it inspired by and where does it come from? Answer these questions by writing to me either in Discord or Patreon. Obviously, I will not answer, also because it becomes difficult with more than 2000 people, you will find out if you have done correctly thanks to the general score that will be published later. That said, good luck with this first round!

ZimonColdres

Game Developer
Nov 7, 2019
Hi guys, how are you doing? Another week is over, let's see what's going on. First of all, I wanted to tell you that I finally returned home, yeeeeeeee. Tomorrow I think I'll take the day off to fix a couple of things, I haven't been home for 2 weeks and it's a mess. Now let's talk about the game. I don't remember who requested it, but it was suggested to add some icons to indicate where the girls were on the map. From now on you will know if Cleos is in the library in the morning or Estia is in the pool in the afternoon.

Right now I am testing if I can use these icons for random events of the girls, such as the Asmedia icon that appears at the Peak to look at the stars and the like. Another thing is the inventory, I'm deciding how to fix it. This is because the current inventory is very limited and not even able to stock more objects of the same type. Wanting to improve it I thought of two solutions: the first one concerns a total code change that allows me to do a lot more things with the inventory, like crafting, currency exchange (even if for this I will add a bank), stacks of objects, etc.. The second solution would be to adopt a categorization. I'm not talking about the rarity of the object, more than its function. For example, you could have multiple categories of different types, single-use, single object, multiple-use, important object, and others. Tell me what you think, in any case, we'll be able to do the same thing with all two options, except the stock of multiple objects, for that I'll see how to solve.
Another thing is about the Estia event, to make it short before the lewd, two intermediate events have been added, one is the modified version of the old one, the other is a dialogue between Estia and Maeve. After those, you know what happens.

Updated event from the old part.

Certainly better than T-pose
Now let's move on to the hint.
From now on, the hint menu will be divided into 3 categories: Main story, secondary, and girls.

Each category will have a selection of quests that will give you a brief explanation of the situation and clues to carry out the quest. Once finished, you will receive the related rewards.

Same goes for the girls' events, here as an example I put the famous unfindable event to unlock Tsukiko.

Now, the graphic style is to be defined, to be made cleaner, but from now on the hints will work like this.
You asked to want more interactions with the girls and to be able to interact with them.
And that these interactions unlock events, very well, I have the solution for you
From now on each girl will have her own affection/interaction bar

In order to move the bar forward and continue with their story, you will have to spend some time with them. Spending time will make mini-events, which change depending on the girl. You can chat with Asmedia, help Hera, watch Estia at the pool, or read a good book with Cleos.

Once you have reached the top of the bar, the next event for the girl will be available.

Now I only have a couple of decisions left to make, like: how many events do I have to do to reach the maximum? Should I add levels? My intention, to avoid grind, would be to add a fixed number, like 3. Only 3 times each time to go to the next event.
Why 3? Because Crash to achieve invincibility takes 3 Aku Aku. For the bar graphics, it must be finished, it won't be that one, also because it looks like a toy.
More things to add:
the meme request of the good Green could arrive on Monday, you will surely recognize what it is about.
Instead, the current ranking of the quiz is as follows:
Scy7he = 9pt
Rue Nellel = 9pt
Ditto = 7pt
Hentainator = 6pt
anonymousdude = 6pt
Djay = 3pt
SilverAegis39 = 3pt
I remind you that the first round will end on Sunday evening.
That's all for now, I'll let you know in case there will be any new news.

Apr 2, 2018
I don't usually post in these forums, but I read up on what's been going on with you lately Zimon, and I see you're interested in feedback, so I wanna give you my two cents.

You talk about how the game isn't growing at the pace you'd like, so first I wanted to let you know why I personally took some time getting into it. Honestly, for me, it's the version numbers. I was taken by your artstyle the very first time I saw it and I've been looking forward to trying your game out, but H games are so often created and abandoned so quickly that I honestly don't touch any games here until I've seen them get updated several times, and their version number go up. I think, once more people see that you're serious about it, it'll pick up a lot, but I imagine a lot of others have this same concern I do of games being abandoned, and wanting to wait until it's further ahead.

Second thing, you've been reading a lot of people's feedback and said you're interested in playing other games to see how they do. From my part, let me tell you that even for a Koikatu-based game, yours has one of the best art styles for the characters. I also really like the story you've got going, and your characters are interesting enough to keep my attention. You don't have forced lewd scenes that come out of nowhere, and you don't have your characters just all be nymphomaniacs, and I appreciate that. You also haven't gone off the deep end of the H game community and filled your game with tentacles, futanari, incest and gore, and that's a nice change. Personally, I think all that stuff is excessive, and it just makes the games all feel the same and boring.

There are three things that catch my eye as needing improvement. First, the sets are obviously a little lacking, because you've used a lot of the base assets from Koikatu itself, which honestly were pretty poor. Illusion is great at making these engines, but we all know their "games" are just glorified showcases for the studio programs. Maybe taking a little bit longer between updates to model your own sets would make it stand out more. Personally, I'm really tired of seeing the Koikatu school pop up in literally every single Renpy game. Take a few extra hours to flesh out each set, and then you'll find yourself being able to use them more, and getting more angles to shoot the scenes from, which will make the dialogue parts of the game more dynamic.

Second, the writing. I like the story you're weaving and I like your characters, but I can tell either English isn't your first language, or you don't have much experience with writing. I think it'd be beneficial for you to get in touch with someone to at least proofread everything, so that it flows better. The little English mistakes can be a little jarring, and it doesn't take TOO much effort to get it right. This is especially important since you're clearly serious about the story and the characters, so making sure the writing is correct will make your story and characters shine more!

The third thing is the H scenes. Now, I'm not sure how difficult this is, because I don't know how animation works, but I can tell you're using a lot of the stock animations from Koikatu. Those are fine, but they're a little lacking in variety, and they don't transition very well since they're basically one-second loops. I think you're doing the right thing using them to develop your game, get a fanbase going, and get your funding settled through Patreon, but eventually, you should look to creating your own animations. Even if the scenes are a little shorter, it really makes your game stand out a lot from the rest of the Koikatu-based games.

Regarding which games to look at, for the style you're trying to go for in this game, my recommendations are: Lessons in Love; Lucky Paradox; A House in the Rift; Harem Hotel, and; Mythic Manor. All of these games have a good variety of characters, medium-to-good writing, good graphics, and good sets. I know you've gone over Lessons in Love already, so I'd recommend A House in the Rift next since it's relatively short and has outstanding writing, and then Lucky Paradox, which has almost-as-good writing and is a little longer. Harem Hotel and Mythic Manor are very good examples of how to do the "dating sim" aspects right.

If you got this far in my post, thank you for your continued effort. We don't get a lot of games in this community that are genuinely good, and I really hope you'll be able to continue improving and make your game everything you want it to be! :)

Genji

Engaged Member
Dec 1, 2017
I don't usually post in these forums, but I read up on what's been going on with you lately Zimon, and I see you're interested in feedback, so I wanna give you my two cents.

You talk about how the game isn't growing at the pace you'd like, so first I wanted to let you know why I personally took some time getting into it. Honestly, for me, it's the version numbers. I was taken by your artstyle the very first time I saw it and I've been looking forward to trying your game out, but H games are so often created and abandoned so quickly that I honestly don't touch any games here until I've seen them get updated several times, and their version number go up. I think, once more people see that you're serious about it, it'll pick up a lot, but I imagine a lot of others have this same concern I do of games being abandoned, and wanting to wait until it's further ahead.

Second thing, you've been reading a lot of people's feedback and said you're interested in playing other games to see how they do. From my part, let me tell you that even for a Koikatu-based game, yours has one of the best art styles for the characters. I also really like the story you've got going, and your characters are interesting enough to keep my attention. You don't have forced lewd scenes that come out of nowhere, and you don't have your characters just all be nymphomaniacs, and I appreciate that. You also haven't gone off the deep end of the H game community and filled your game with tentacles, futanari, incest and gore, and that's a nice change. Personally, I think all that stuff is excessive, and it just makes the games all feel the same and boring.

There are three things that catch my eye as needing improvement. First, the sets are obviously a little lacking, because you've used a lot of the base assets from Koikatu itself, which honestly were pretty poor. Illusion is great at making these engines, but we all know their "games" are just glorified showcases for the studio programs. Maybe taking a little bit longer between updates to model your own sets would make it stand out more. Personally, I'm really tired of seeing the Koikatu school pop up in literally every single Renpy game. Take a few extra hours to flesh out each set, and then you'll find yourself being able to use them more, and getting more angles to shoot the scenes from, which will make the dialogue parts of the game more dynamic.

Second, the writing. I like the story you're weaving and I like your characters, but I can tell either English isn't your first language, or you don't have much experience with writing. I think it'd be beneficial for you to get in touch with someone to at least proofread everything, so that it flows better. The little English mistakes can be a little jarring, and it doesn't take TOO much effort to get it right. This is especially important since you're clearly serious about the story and the characters, so making sure the writing is correct will make your story and characters shine more!

The third thing is the H scenes. Now, I'm not sure how difficult this is, because I don't know how animation works, but I can tell you're using a lot of the stock animations from Koikatu. Those are fine, but they're a little lacking in variety, and they don't transition very well since they're basically one-second loops. I think you're doing the right thing using them to develop your game, get a fanbase going, and get your funding settled through Patreon, but eventually, you should look to creating your own animations. Even if the scenes are a little shorter, it really makes your game stand out a lot from the rest of the Koikatu-based games.

Regarding which games to look at, for the style you're trying to go for in this game, my recommendations are: Lessons in Love; Lucky Paradox; A House in the Rift; Harem Hotel, and; Mythic Manor. All of these games have a good variety of characters, medium-to-good writing, good graphics, and good sets. I know you've gone over Lessons in Love already, so I'd recommend A House in the Rift next since it's relatively short and has outstanding writing, and then Lucky Paradox, which has almost-as-good writing and is a little longer. Harem Hotel and Mythic Manor are very good examples of how to do the "dating sim" aspects right.

If you got this far in my post, thank you for your continued effort. We don't get a lot of games in this community that are genuinely good, and I really hope you'll be able to continue improving and make your game everything you want it to be! :)
The game you mention is mediocre though.A house in the rift Is a good game but still boring.You keep repeating the same shit and finding those event/easter egg every single day.Also,the characters arent all likeable.
(y)
Harem Hotel and Mythic Manor?Boi,I dont think it take dating sim aspect right.Because the guy in those game are still the same like the other games.I dont think MC in that game can be comparable with MC in this game.Atleast,MC in this game arent focus only about fucking and sex ,he have his own purpose which to be a champion and protect his girls.Fucking for Champion is like a bonus since they like MC helping them and always be there for them.

Anyway,sorry.Its your opinion and I respect it.Dev can try those game and take their good point. (y)

Apr 2, 2018
The game you mention is mediocre though.A house in the rift Is a good game but still boring.You keep repeating the same shit and finding those event/easter egg every single day.Also,the characters arent all likeable.
(y)
Harem Hotel and Mythic Manor?Boi,I dont think it take dating sim aspect right.Because the guy in those game are still the same like the other games.I dont think MC in that game can be comparable with MC in this game.Atleast,MC in this game arent focus only about fucking and sex ,he have his own purpose which to be a champion and protect his girls.Fucking for Champion is like a bonus since they like MC helping them and always be there for them.

Anyway,sorry.Its your opinion and I respect it.Dev can try those game and take their good point. (y)
I agree with you that the MC in Mythic Manor and Harem Hotel are extremely boring. Aside from that though, my point was that the dev was looking for other examples to take inspiration from, so I gave a few good ones. Whether one likes them or not is up for debate, I personally think the story in Mythic Manor is horrifyingly boring (I honestly skip almost all text in that one), and that half the girls in A House in the Rift look bad (though the succubus and the elf are pretty well-done). They all have their flaws, but they all also have undeniable qualities. As I pointed out, the writing style of Lucky Paradox and A House in the Rift is superb for these types of games (maybe you don't like the story, but the writing IS good). Mythic Manor and, especially, Harem Hotel are very interactive in how you deal with the girls. It's all about knowing what to take away and what to leave behind.

Don't get me wrong, I think Champion is a great game in its own right, and I think it has things that none of those other five do. I'm actually playing through it right now, I really like it. But, the dev asked for discussion and is constantly saying he thinks there are things to improve, so I wanted to help point to a few that jump out at me.

3.80 star(s) 35 Votes