thevoid089

Forum Fanatic
Jan 29, 2020
View attachment 890286
Now I would like to ask the users of the forum one thing, which is quite important.
In your opinion, since the game has been completely revamped, and in a way it's not the same as before, to attract the attention of those who have never seen it and those who tried it but didn't like it, would it be better to close the thread and open a new one from scratch?
No! I think you should keep this thread and just add the word (revamp/rework version), replace the old CGs photos in the OP and put the new one in and it would still work fine in attracting new fans

Reactions: ZimonColdres

Ali ibn Hassan

Engaged Member
Dec 19, 2019
Am I the only one confused??
Is Champion and Champion of Realms the one and same or same-same but different ?

Joey's Conscience

Sep 28, 2020
Oh, new branding? I like the change of name, makes it stand out more. I'll make sure to give feedback once i finish this new version.
Seems promising, best of luck dev.

Reactions: ZimonColdres
D

Deleted member 2912657

The slow black flash transition every time I click something seems to be a really bad idea.
And the commentary text box on every screen that looks exactly the same like a dialogue is confusing too. I'm talking about the "Now, what I can do?", "Who should I go to?", etc. I kept clicking thinking there's a new line.

ZimonColdres

Game Developer
Nov 7, 2019
Am I the only one confused??
Is Champion and Champion of Realms the one and same or same-same but different ?
The same, change of name and name developer.

does somebody have an save I don't want to re play the game
You should do it again, there are some modified events. If you really don't want to, I can post one.

The slow black flash transition every time I click something seems to be a really bad idea.
And the commentary text box on every screen that looks exactly the same like a dialogue is confusing too. I'm talking about the "Now, what I can do?", "Who should I go to?", etc. I kept clicking thinking there's a new line.
The fade transition? I can speed it, if you want you can speed it up using shift. I can change the comment box, so it doesn't cause problems.

D

Deleted member 2912657

The fade transition? I can speed it, if you want you can speed it up using shift.
Since no one else commented about it, just keep it. It certainly makes your game different.

blackmasha

Jun 21, 2018
(You will have to start all over again) Oh no... I hope this update will worth to replaying from the start again
unless we start getting more often updates, probably not. might as well wait for 5 updates in a row to get a decent amount of gameplay content.

hawewon212

Jan 25, 2020
The same, change of name and name developer.

You should do it again, there are some modified events. If you really don't want to, I can post one.

The fade transition? I can speed it, if you want you can speed it up using shift. I can change the comment box, so it doesn't cause problems.
If you have a complete save I'll take it

Sorrowz

May 27, 2017
How much content was added in the remake to make it worth replaying again?

IE: Sex scenes. Are there any new ones from 0.29?

If not, will probably wait awhile before trying this game out again.

One of the worst things I feel like to me are complete remakes, especially after a game is already a year old.

JokerLeader

Former Legendary Game Compressor
Modder
Donor
Compressor
Mar 16, 2019
Champion of Realms [v0.30] Zimon

Original Size Win/Linux: 1.95 GB
Original Size Mac: 1.93 GB

Compressed Size Win/Linux: 450 MB
Compressed Size Mac: 432 MB

Win/Linux:
Mac:

This compression is unofficial. Compressing process reduces image/audio/video quality and can break the game, be aware of that.

You can find all of my Walkthrough Mods content here:

Or you can:

Cirdon

Nov 27, 2019
Unfortunately, I had several problems with hint and inventory, which didn't allow me to make the changes I wanted. As for the hints, I found a solution.
Current version irritations:

Signals indicates what you should do, but when you try to follow them, they aren't active yet. I just got back from meeting Izanami, slept because it was late. Signals say I should talk to Heramael to see if she can help, I should talk to Asmedia and see if she can help. Then go back and face her.

Great, nice clear instructions of what I should do.

Yet when I go to Heramael's room and click on her I only have the options to spend time with her or leave. Same is true with Asmedia.

If the game behaves like it did with earlier signals, if I spend time with Heramael, we'll go through a sequence of response spending time together until one day I get a response asking if I'm ready to continue.

First day Heramael... could you take the other black bottle?
Second day Heramael... Heramael's out collecting ingredients
Second day Heramael(afternoon)... This is not good.
Third Day Heramael... Are you sure you want to continue?
Third Day Heramael(afternoon)... finally have option Energy Drink to appear. Not "ask if she can help", "Energy Drink"???
It would make more sense if the label to the start was a better match to your quest task.

It would also help if the hint started as "hang out with the girls for a few days" and changed when you can actually move forward. Otherwise having the hint and no action when you try to follow it makes a player assume the hint is broken.

Also, when part's completed it should get crossed out. I've talked to Heramael, the hint shouldn't continue to indicate I should.

Reactions: YallowThere

ZimonColdres

Game Developer
Nov 7, 2019
If you have a complete save I'll take it
Here View attachment Save.rar
Update a week sounds awesome but doesnt it burn you out?:unsure:
Not at the moment, I've been going on like this for six months, when I have a more stable base maybe I'll be able to do monthly updates.

How much content was added in the remake to make it worth replaying again?

IE: Sex scenes. Are there any new ones from 0.29?

If not, will probably wait awhile before trying this game out again.

One of the worst things I feel like to me are complete remakes, especially after a game is already a year old.
The entire changelog.
Apart from that, the previous scenes are available through the remember, of "new" one not at the moment.
It's not a remake, same improved game, and it's been alive for six months.

Current version irritations:

Signals indicates what you should do, but when you try to follow them, they aren't active yet. I just got back from meeting Izanami, slept because it was late. Signals say I should talk to Heramael to see if she can help, I should talk to Asmedia and see if she can help. Then go back and face her.

Great, nice clear instructions of what I should do.

Yet when I go to Heramael's room and click on her I only have the options to spend time with her or leave. Same is true with Asmedia.

If the game behaves like it did with earlier signals, if I spend time with Heramael, we'll go through a sequence of response spending time together until one day I get a response asking if I'm ready to continue.

First day Heramael... could you take the other black bottle?
Second day Heramael... Heramael's out collecting ingredients
Second day Heramael(afternoon)... This is not good.
Third Day Heramael... Are you sure you want to continue?
Third Day Heramael(afternoon)... finally have option Energy Drink to appear. Not "ask if she can help", "Energy Drink"???
It would make more sense if the label to the start was a better match to your quest task.

It would also help if the hint started as "hang out with the girls for a few days" and changed when you can actually move forward. Otherwise having the hint and no action when you try to follow it makes a player assume the hint is broken.

Also, when part's completed it should get crossed out. I've talked to Heramael, the hint shouldn't continue to indicate I should.
That is caused by the fact that to proceed with the events you have to bring the girls to rank 3.
It can be solved in two ways: either I add in the hint that you have to spend time with them or I remove the cap for certain events.

That's because it's not a dynamic hint but a simple tooltip, I tried to modify it but it didn't work as I hoped.

Last edited:
Reactions: KimbelFall57

Cirdon

Nov 27, 2019
That is caused by the fact that to proceed with the events you have to bring the girls to rank 3.
It can be solved in two ways: either I add in the hint that you have to spend time with them or I remove the cap for certain events.
IF the player cannot proceed until raising a girls rank by spending time with her, then the hint should be

"Spend time with <name>"

Until that rank is reached.

That's because it's not a dynamic hint but a simple tooltip, I tried to modify it but it didn't work as I hoped.
In what way didn't it work as you'd hoped?

ZimonColdres

Game Developer
Nov 7, 2019
IF the player cannot proceed until raising a girls rank by spending time with her, then the hint should be

"Spend time with <name>"

Until that rank is reached.

In what way didn't it work as you'd hoped?
Roger, I will add that part where necessary.

The hint had to be like this:

newhint.png
newhint3.png
Under different categories, once you had chosen the category, you would click the quest and from there the various information would appear, each time you moved forward, the steps would be updated. It didn't work.

Pr0man

Jul 23, 2017
Roger, I will add that part where necessary.

The hint had to be like this:

View attachment 893710
View attachment 893712
Under different categories, once you had chosen the category, you would click the quest and from there the various information would appear, each time you moved forward, the steps would be updated. It didn't work.
While it's nice to see that these hints are going to be added for the sake of clarity, I feel like the time-spending events are nothing but unnecessary padding as of right now, trying to drag out the runtime, while the old game worked way better without them.

As it stands, they are not only my biggest gripe with the retooled game version, but also they don't add anything but needless busiwork and actually hinder the story flow quite a bit, sometimes even putting it to a screeching halt, with probably the best example being Izanamis story introduction with the preparation before the duel: You are basically on a desperate lookout for any help imaginable, given the looming threat of not keeping your end of the deal, yet you have to generically dawdle around with the characters that will help you first before actually being able to ask for the help so desperately needed.
This just makes no sense from a storytelling point of view there.

ZimonColdres

Game Developer
Nov 7, 2019
While it's nice to see that these hints are going to be added for the sake of clarity, I feel like the time-spending events are nothing but unnecessary padding as of right now, trying to drag out the runtime, while the old game worked way better without them.

As it stands, they are not only my biggest gripe with the retooled game version, but also they don't add anything but needless busiwork and actually hinder the story flow quite a bit, sometimes even putting it to a screeching halt, with probably the best example being Izanamis story introduction with the preparation before the duel: You are basically on a desperate lookout for any help imaginable, given the looming threat of not keeping your end of the deal, yet you have to generically dawdle around with the characters that will help you first before actually being able to ask for the help so desperately needed.
This just makes no sense from a storytelling point of view there.
There was a poll, and this system won.
I could remove them where they are not needed.

Pr0man

Jul 23, 2017
There was a poll, and this system won.
I could remove them where they are not needed.
Glad to have received such a quick response. :)
I just feel that some of the story beats don't mesh well at all with constant interruptions just to do some stat increasing on the side.

3.80 star(s) 35 Votes