ZimonColdres

Game Developer
Nov 7, 2019
I don't usually post in these forums, but I read up on what's been going on with you lately Zimon, and I see you're interested in feedback, so I wanna give you my two cents.

You talk about how the game isn't growing at the pace you'd like, so first I wanted to let you know why I personally took some time getting into it. Honestly, for me, it's the version numbers. I was taken by your artstyle the very first time I saw it and I've been looking forward to trying your game out, but H games are so often created and abandoned so quickly that I honestly don't touch any games here until I've seen them get updated several times, and their version number go up. I think, once more people see that you're serious about it, it'll pick up a lot, but I imagine a lot of others have this same concern I do of games being abandoned, and wanting to wait until it's further ahead.

Second thing, you've been reading a lot of people's feedback and said you're interested in playing other games to see how they do. From my part, let me tell you that even for a Koikatu-based game, yours has one of the best art styles for the characters. I also really like the story you've got going, and your characters are interesting enough to keep my attention. You don't have forced lewd scenes that come out of nowhere, and you don't have your characters just all be nymphomaniacs, and I appreciate that. You also haven't gone off the deep end of the H game community and filled your game with tentacles, futanari, incest and gore, and that's a nice change. Personally, I think all that stuff is excessive, and it just makes the games all feel the same and boring.

There are three things that catch my eye as needing improvement. First, the sets are obviously a little lacking, because you've used a lot of the base assets from Koikatu itself, which honestly were pretty poor. Illusion is great at making these engines, but we all know their "games" are just glorified showcases for the studio programs. Maybe taking a little bit longer between updates to model your own sets would make it stand out more. Personally, I'm really tired of seeing the Koikatu school pop up in literally every single Renpy game. Take a few extra hours to flesh out each set, and then you'll find yourself being able to use them more, and getting more angles to shoot the scenes from, which will make the dialogue parts of the game more dynamic.

Second, the writing. I like the story you're weaving and I like your characters, but I can tell either English isn't your first language, or you don't have much experience with writing. I think it'd be beneficial for you to get in touch with someone to at least proofread everything, so that it flows better. The little English mistakes can be a little jarring, and it doesn't take TOO much effort to get it right. This is especially important since you're clearly serious about the story and the characters, so making sure the writing is correct will make your story and characters shine more!

The third thing is the H scenes. Now, I'm not sure how difficult this is, because I don't know how animation works, but I can tell you're using a lot of the stock animations from Koikatu. Those are fine, but they're a little lacking in variety, and they don't transition very well since they're basically one-second loops. I think you're doing the right thing using them to develop your game, get a fanbase going, and get your funding settled through Patreon, but eventually, you should look to creating your own animations. Even if the scenes are a little shorter, it really makes your game stand out a lot from the rest of the Koikatu-based games.

Regarding which games to look at, for the style you're trying to go for in this game, my recommendations are: Lessons in Love; Lucky Paradox; A House in the Rift; Harem Hotel, and; Mythic Manor. All of these games have a good variety of characters, medium-to-good writing, good graphics, and good sets. I know you've gone over Lessons in Love already, so I'd recommend A House in the Rift next since it's relatively short and has outstanding writing, and then Lucky Paradox, which has almost-as-good writing and is a little longer. Harem Hotel and Mythic Manor are very good examples of how to do the "dating sim" aspects right.

If you got this far in my post, thank you for your continued effort. We don't get a lot of games in this community that are genuinely good, and I really hope you'll be able to continue improving and make your game everything you want it to be! :)
Thank you, I appreciate that you like it and the long feedback you gave me, let's try to answer.
More than the number of versions, it's more based on luck. There are titles that have only 10 versions but have exploded in popularity.
To create custom locations would require a huge amount of work, for the moment I'm trying to use some never seen before when I can.
For writing, fortunately, there are 10 kind souls who have offered to correct and fix the dialogues, so we're good for that.
Half of the lewd scenes in the game are custom: leg up sex with Asmedia, sex in the water with Izanami, almost all the ones with Estia.
I tried all the other games, I even wrote down what I found interesting.
Anyway, tonight I will publish a changelog of all the changes and improvements that there will be in 0.30.

ZimonColdres

Game Developer
Nov 7, 2019
Hi guys, tonight I'll show you something interesting. We said the game needed more life in it. Very well, in version 0.30 this will be possible. How? Every time you go to a different place, randomly the NPC and weather of that place will change. Let's take the main street as an example: you could find NPC walking freely or no one on the street due to the heavy rain.

Linked to this we also have random events. They are different from spending time with girls. For example, you might find Asmedia on the peak watching the shooting stars, and we can decide whether to spend time with her or not.

Now let's do a quick changelog of what we will see in 0.30:

Updated events

Hint improved

Open navigation

Random NPC and weather

Random events for the girls

Spend time with girls

New characters: "Cowgirl, Isabel, Unknown, Baker.

New places: "Lake, Beach, Restaurant/Bar, Farm, Station.

Two shops to buy stuff

Bakery for Sweets

Human currency

New job

Interactions with girls

Modified inventory

Points system during events

Invasion Code Locked

New Secret Event

QTE

New animations and menus

Other things might come.

To conclude, the date of 0.30, will be published on 7 November. After 0.30 we will return with regular weekly release. And that's all for tonight, tell me what you think about it.

Apr 2, 2018
Thank you, I appreciate that you like it and the long feedback you gave me, let's try to answer.
More than the number of versions, it's more based on luck. There are titles that have only 10 versions but have exploded in popularity.
Luck definitely has a lot to do with it, I just wanted to give my personal reason for it :)

To create custom locations would require a huge amount of work, for the moment I'm trying to use some never seen before when I can.
That is fair, I have tried making characters in these games and even my unprofessional, half-assed attempts often take an hour. Making an entire set would probably take days. I think your approach for now is best, while you're trying to get the ball rolling, and after playing the rest of the game (that post was made when I was about halfway through), I see that you have picked a few locations that are quite different from the usual ones. I especially like the Hidden city, that set is VERY lively.

For writing, fortunately, there are 10 kind souls who have offered to correct and fix the dialogues, so we're good for that.
Awesome! I'm looking forward to that. I'll probably use my current save for 0.30, but I'll make sure to go through the whole thing again when the text's been redone! :)

Half of the lewd scenes in the game are custom: leg up sex with Asmedia, sex in the water with Izanami, almost all the ones with Estia.
Like I said, I was halfway through the game at that point, and the further I went the more I saw that some of the scenes were custom-made. So I retract my previous statement, the scenes are really good. And I REALLY like how much variety there is to them, instead of the usual "three loops in a row" approach that makes the scenes seem kinda lifeless.

I tried all the other games, I even wrote down what I found interesting.
Anyway, tonight I will publish a changelog of all the changes and improvements that there will be in 0.30.
It's good to see a dev that is actively looking for criticism. Too many devs in this community either remain niche, or end up with a horde of panderers and just take advantage of them (coughMonsterGirlIslandcough). Once 0.3 comes out I'll give it a go and post my thoughts here.

rahkshi01

Dec 31, 2018
Hi guys, tonight I'll show you something interesting. We said the game needed more life in it. Very well, in version 0.30 this will be possible. How? Every time you go to a different place, randomly the NPC and weather of that place will change. Let's take the main street as an example: you could find NPC walking freely or no one on the street due to the heavy rain.

Linked to this we also have random events. They are different from spending time with girls. For example, you might find Asmedia on the peak watching the shooting stars, and we can decide whether to spend time with her or not.

Now let's do a quick changelog of what we will see in 0.30:

Updated events

Hint improved

Open navigation

Random NPC and weather

Random events for the girls

Spend time with girls

New characters: "Cowgirl, Isabel, Unknown, Baker.

New places: "Lake, Beach, Restaurant/Bar, Farm, Station.

Two shops to buy stuff

Bakery for Sweets

Human currency

New job

Interactions with girls

Modified inventory

Points system during events

Invasion Code Locked

New Secret Event

QTE

New animations and menus

Other things might come.

To conclude, the date of 0.30, will be published on 7 November. After 0.30 we will return with regular weekly release. And that's all for tonight, tell me what you think about it.
Just want to make sure old saves will no longer be compatible with this version?

Gibberish666

Mar 17, 2019
I don't know if these bugs have been reported:
Using "Remember: Asmedia Shower" in exile house takes you back to your old home.
The X button doesn't work in the Stats menu. You have to roll back, and it takes you to... somewhere? Once to the library, and a second time to when the MC recreates his portal.

ZimonColdres

Game Developer
Nov 7, 2019
So guys, let's see what's going on. 6 days left to 0.30, this is the percentage of completion of the build: 100% navigation, all the maps have been opened and divided into several places:
School: entrance, Estia class, swimming pool
Mainstreet: Square, street, outlet, bar/restaurant
Park: park, did you want more?
Peak: entrance, picnic area.
Library: entrance, reception, reading room.
forest: forest, pond.
In addition we now also have the beach, I show you its appearance:

Wow, adding the beach in November, a genius.
As for Dusk City, it won't be open for the time being, there aren't enough places to see yet, apart from the poor secondary girl Tailé.
For now, I will not put the Station, because...... we use portals, do we really need a station to move? I will find an excuse in the future to put it.
Spending time with the girls is also ready, moreover, I can already confirm two secondary events: Izanami at the outlet and Tsukiko playing with Izanami's swords...... you got it right, twice Izanami.
As far as the secondary characters, Isabel is 100% in, but I don't know whether to add the cowgirl right away, because at the moment she has nothing to sell or buy.
Let's get to the boring stuff, the code is 80% ready, same for new hints. In the prologue the new dialogues will be used, hoping that you like them.
That's all for the moment.

faynfox

Sep 17, 2018
Not sure its been answered yet but Im stuck at the 2 signal events 1. Maybe something more: Go back to Heramael. 2. Truth from the Past: Those memories are yours...go find Asmedia (check card). Any help would greatly be appreciated. Also was curious how and where to enter the secret codes

ZimonColdres

Game Developer
Nov 7, 2019
Not sure its been answered yet but Im stuck at the 2 signal events 1. Maybe something more: Go back to Heramael. 2. Truth from the Past: Those memories are yours...go find Asmedia (check card). Any help would greatly be appreciated. Also was curious how and where to enter the secret codes
Proceed with the story of Asmedia, she is at the peak in the evening, then continues with Heramael.

Anyone has a walkthrough ?
I don't know how to trigger the walkthrough or to activate the codes
The codes are used in the Chamber of Visions, Exiled region.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Zweihain

Zweihain

May 6, 2020
Also, how to trigger "the day of the assault" ?
The hint said to advance all the girls but I had searched everywhere and found nothing new, all it is is just the [let's get naughty] and [return home/leave place] options

ZimonColdres

Game Developer
Nov 7, 2019
Also, how to trigger "the day of the assault" ?
The hint said to advance all the girls but I had searched everywhere and found nothing new, all it is is just the [let's get naughty] and [return home/leave place] options
Did you unlock the first 7 girls? If you miss Tsukiko, you will find her in the afternoon during the festival, following the white rabbit. Sheila, you have to go around with Asmedia. All the new things will unlock after the assault.

Reactions: Zweihain

ZimonColdres

Game Developer
Nov 7, 2019
I finally welcome you in version 0.30!
Yes, guys, we're back in action!
I should make the usual list of things waiting for you, but this time I won't, I want you to fully enjoy the experience. Also because you'll have to start the game all over again.
I can only tell you that now we have open navigation, interactions with girls, random events, qte, clash of techniques (for those who played Naruto games or dragonball they will have understood)
For the moment, interactions with the girls are differentiated by 2/4 scenes, and the only random event at the moment is that of Asmedia. Same thing for the living world, and constantly updated, some places have npc, others rain and other things.
Unfortunately, I had several problems with hint and inventory, which didn't allow me to make the changes I wanted. As for the hints, I found a solution.
This made me realize that to improve the game I also need to improve my knowledge, so in the future, I will start learning advanced coding for the good of the game.
Unfortunately, also the new dialogues are not present, they are not ready to be used yet.
Now let's talk about the future of the game. We are back with the weekly releases and for the next version, we will focus on Cleos. Also, in each version, new random events and game elements will be added.
There will also be a cleaning of the old elements.
As for the secret elements, you can now find them in-game, in fact, you will find a code that will allow you to see a famous secret event. I wonder if you'll be able to find it.
I couldn't complete the new intro, but I suggest you wait in the main menu for about 10 seconds, something interesting might happen.
There would be many other things to say, but I'll leave you to the game.
I hope the Early players can give me some feedback on this new base for CoR, so that we can continue in this direction.
I've talked enough already, go and try out this new start for Champion of Realms!
CharaStudio-2020-11-07-22-54-11-Render.png
Now I would like to ask the users of the forum one thing, which is quite important.
In your opinion, since the game has been completely revamped, and in a way it's not the same as before, to attract the attention of those who have never seen it and those who tried it but didn't like it, would it be better to close the thread and open a new one from scratch?

Bond0788

Apr 28, 2020
I would say do what you think will garner more attention. I, for one, love the game and am excited to see all the changes. You have my support no matter what, even though I can't give through Patreon at this time. Keep up the amazing work! All I ask for is more Estia! She is by far, my top favorite girl

Reactions: ZimonColdres

rahkshi01

Dec 31, 2018
I finally welcome you in version 0.30!
Yes, guys, we're back in action!
I should make the usual list of things waiting for you, but this time I won't, I want you to fully enjoy the experience. Also because you'll have to start the game all over again.
I can only tell you that now we have open navigation, interactions with girls, random events, qte, clash of techniques (for those who played Naruto games or dragonball they will have understood)
For the moment, interactions with the girls are differentiated by 2/4 scenes, and the only random event at the moment is that of Asmedia. Same thing for the living world, and constantly updated, some places have npc, others rain and other things.
Unfortunately, I had several problems with hint and inventory, which didn't allow me to make the changes I wanted. As for the hints, I found a solution.
This made me realize that to improve the game I also need to improve my knowledge, so in the future, I will start learning advanced coding for the good of the game.
Unfortunately, also the new dialogues are not present, they are not ready to be used yet.
Now let's talk about the future of the game. We are back with the weekly releases and for the next version, we will focus on Cleos. Also, in each version, new random events and game elements will be added.
There will also be a cleaning of the old elements.
As for the secret elements, you can now find them in-game, in fact, you will find a code that will allow you to see a famous secret event. I wonder if you'll be able to find it.
I couldn't complete the new intro, but I suggest you wait in the main menu for about 10 seconds, something interesting might happen.
There would be many other things to say, but I'll leave you to the game.
I hope the Early players can give me some feedback on this new base for CoR, so that we can continue in this direction.
I've talked enough already, go and try out this new start for Champion of Realms!
View attachment 890286
Now I would like to ask the users of the forum one thing, which is quite important.
In your opinion, since the game has been completely revamped, and in a way it's not the same as before, to attract the attention of those who have never seen it and those who tried it but didn't like it, would it be better to close the thread and open a new one from scratch?
Any news when we can try the public version here on this thread?

3.80 star(s) 35 Votes