ZimonColdres

Game Developer
Nov 7, 2019
Asmedia is such an awkward name. It's a company that design integrated circuits.

This shit just can't be fking unseen. Or maybe that's exactly the idea! The next time I'm downloading some ASmedia USB drivers, I'll be thinking of this game.
That's ASMedia.
The name Asmedia derives from Asmodeus, the demon of lust.

Reactions: Genji and DeathAl

Pr0man

Jul 23, 2017
A quick announcement about the navigation and hint problem. Some people like it, some don't. I've decided that to please everyone, I'm going to put navigation in a different way. Instead of arrows, we will use icons to go to the places on the map. Let's thank Scy7he for the suggestion.

View attachment 896535

As for the hints, even if I didn't want to do it because I don't like to give the maximum precision as if it was a walkthrough, I will do it. We also thank Green for giving us the chance to see now what has been done and what hasn't been done, at the cost of increasing my work (I'm kidding).

View attachment 896537

Last but not least, almost nobody likes the fact that we're doing ranks with the girls to get ahead with the events, despite the fact that in the polls it was said otherwise. All right, I have the solution for you, now spending time with the girls will help to increase the statistics.

View attachment 896539

Tell me what you think about these changes.
Welp, that basically adresses all my core issues with the retooled version: The arrows were difficult to navigate with, as you couldn't tell what leads where and that can quickly become a pain to navigate (maybe some text or an icon on said arrows would've helped prevent confusion?) as well as the biggest gripe being the generic time spending activities getting in the way of the story advancing.
The hints I never actually needed given that the story is quite linear in its progression and isn't calling you for some grand deduction skills to figure out where to go, though it seems some events are also linked to trigger on a certain timeslot of the day, which might confuse people who checked the right place, but at the wrong time because they wanted to progress someone else alongside and thus couldn't advance further. I guess having some further clarification might be nice for people that either got totally lost or for those that just skipped through everything in hopes for lewds (AND THEN RIGHTFULLY SO IF YOU DID THAT! D: )

On the reason why people don't like the inclusion of the time spending activities, despite it having won the polls, I could only speculate: Maybe they felt it wasn't rewarding enough for players and just got in the way with extra busiwork? (That'd include me for example) Maybe they wanted those side activities to lead to something more, like some extra scenes or new outlooks on the story, given that the previous build worked perfectly fine without such a system in place? Or maybe they just didn't like it because you can only tell if a new subsystem ultimately works and adds something in an already functioning game by implementing it and then seeing how it all plays out?

Whatever the case, I'll see how this goes further and I'm fairly certain that with those upcoming changes in place, I'll soon be supporting this project because I got to say, those characters are just damn likeable. :)

Last edited:

HTYYHRK

Dec 7, 2018
I like the new addition of bringing the thugs to the arena during the assault scene (or maybe it's not new and I just forgot), reminds me of Yami dragging people to the Shadow Realm in Season 0. I noticed there's still a message before you go into the House of Exile (after the bed scene with Asmedia) suggesting you save your game on Maeve, I remember this was there because the house was mostly placeholder when it came out but since there's more content after is that message still necessary? It makes it seem like you've hit the end of the update.

Last edited:

HTYYHRK

Dec 7, 2018
Last but not least, almost nobody likes the fact that we're doing ranks with the girls to get ahead with the events, despite the fact that in the polls it was said otherwise. All right, I have the solution for you, now spending time with the girls will help to increase the statistics.

View attachment 896539

Tell me what you think about these changes.
If you ask 5 people for their opinion you'll get 7 different opinions. With that said, Agile iteration is the new hotness of software development, it's much less costly to make fundamental changes to your product early than late. To throw in my shit opinion, I don't think having some "spend time with"'s in between story scenes is a problem in general, but it can feel forced if one scene is a cliffhanger for the next. What I've seen other games do that works pretty well is to add little bits of different dialogue each interaction until you've done enough for the next scene, since it makes the process more interesting - since your scenes tend to be directly related to each other, you could use this as an opportunity to hint a bit at the next scene, but even just having some "generic" but varied dialogue spices up the story.

Typo:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Meliodasdagr34t

Nov 13, 2020
Guys why cant i advance? I have only 6 cards and cleo the librarian is missing. In the signals, it has only 1 signal left and thats advance 7 girls... Pls help

Oct 29, 2019
Hey so, I see this has the pregnancy tag - I've yet to try the game yet, but I kindof don't want to if it's just going to be another game where that's a planned feature but there's nothing actually in the game for it yet
So, do you actually get to have kids in this?

RedStick

Feb 23, 2019
Hey so, I see this has the pregnancy tag - I've yet to try the game yet, but I kindof don't want to if it's just going to be another game where that's a planned feature but there's nothing actually in the game for it yet
from the dev's other game, corrupted kingdom... it's really only just teased in day-dream sequences. afaik, the preg tag was removed from the other game.

ZimonColdres

Game Developer
Nov 7, 2019
I like the new addition of bringing the thugs to the arena during the assault scene (or maybe it's not new and I just forgot), reminds me of Yami dragging people to the Shadow Realm in Season 0. I noticed there's still a message before you go into the House of Exile (after the bed scene with Asmedia) suggesting you save your game on Maeve, I remember this was there because the house was mostly placeholder when it came out but since there's more content after is that message still necessary? It makes it seem like you've hit the end of the update.
Message removed

If you ask 5 people for their opinion you'll get 7 different opinions. With that said, Agile iteration is the new hotness of software development, it's much less costly to make fundamental changes to your product early than late. To throw in my shit opinion, I don't think having some "spend time with"'s in between story scenes is a problem in general, but it can feel forced if one scene is a cliffhanger for the next. What I've seen other games do that works pretty well is to add little bits of different dialogue each interaction until you've done enough for the next scene, since it makes the process more interesting - since your scenes tend to be directly related to each other, you could use this as an opportunity to hint a bit at the next scene, but even just having some "generic" but varied dialogue spices up the story.

Typo:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I understand, the problem is that if in the vote the majority chooses one thing and then the same majority changes their opinion, it is a problem for me, because all the work I have in order to fix things is taken away from the new content. Then I will find people complaining about the little new content, but that is something else.

For interactions, I understand the example well, but applying it here is a bit difficult, as the events are linked, I would have to do a thousand mini-events and then bring to the new event, I think that way the players would get bored in the same way.
For now, this solution of increasing points to do secondary things seems a good solution.

Oops, I forgot to remove it.

Guys why cant i advance? I have only 6 cards and cleo the librarian is missing. In the signals, it has only 1 signal left and thats advance 7 girls... Pls help
Who do you miss, Tsukiko or Sheila?

It shows how it works.
I don't think there will be children as it serves for evolution.
Anyway, there is a "fast pregnancy" coming, I could also put it in 0.32 or 0.33.

>2 Different games
>2 Different developers
>The only similarity-koikatsu engine

>"Dev's other game"
Okay
Wait! Now everything is clear.
People think I'm the same developer as CK, so they're going to donate to the game with more support, CK! Mind-Blowing! (I'm kidding).

rahkshi01

Dec 31, 2018
It shows how it works.
I don't think there will be children as it serves for evolution.
Anyway, there is a "fast pregnancy" coming, I could also put it in 0.32 or 0.33.
Ok this is kind of confusing and might also cause problems with A LOT of players. Having pregnancy without children? Then how are they even pregnant? Maybe, and this is just my opinion here, don't link pregnancy to evolution as it will seriously cause problems with people who want to actually make their girls pregnant in their playthroughs. Just a thought here but probably it would be better to link evolution to their stats as we see stars beside their names (I don't remember what they were for) or maybe even some type of training with them. That could be a different way or addition to spending time with them. It could be where you reach a certain amount of stars and them they reach that point of 'evolution'. That way it seems that the MC brings them to their full potential while improving his own skills.

Otherwise you are going to hear a lot of critique saying what's the point of the pregnancy if they are one second pregnant and then the next not and no children. It would probably be best to reserve the pregnancy route for those who want to go that way where they are actually pregnant and are going to have a child with the MC. You could even have stages where at the early stage they are confirmed pregnant with no visible signs, but they both know (the girl and MC) just to have that possibly cute and emotional moment and show later on where they are further along.

HTYYHRK

Dec 7, 2018
I understand, the problem is that if in the vote the majority chooses one thing and then the same majority changes their opinion, it is a problem for me, because all the work I have in order to fix things is taken away from the new content. Then I will find people complaining about the little new content, but that is something else.
I wasn't part of the polls so I don't know if you already did this, you could try creating mockups of a few different ideas and let Patrons try them. You could use a service like Invision to do interactive mockups (basically, you upload images and can define interaction spots to move from one image to another), though since you're already using Ren'py it might be easier to just create a new project with some images from the main game using the new features, just enough for people to actually be able to try them.

Cernunnos.

May 27, 2017
Honestly with how much of a pita it was to get to this point in the game having to start over is a nonstarter for me. Just not worth the hassle.

from the dev's other game, corrupted kingdom...
Not the same Dev but understandable as this game has been very similar to it from the beginning; to the point of having the same layouts, names for things, etc...

RedStick

Feb 23, 2019
>2 Different games
>2 Different developers
>The only similarity-koikatsu engine

>"Dev's other game"
Okay
Wait! Now everything is clear.
People think I'm the same developer as CK, so they're going to donate to the game with more support, CK! Mind-Blowing! (I'm kidding).
well, guess i deserved the shame there. should probably look closer at things before posting.

Khaitoh

Feb 28, 2018
Downloaded the game twice (Win/Linux, Nopy Server) and keeps getting error on scene.rpa and video.rpa. Imma try for the third time and see if this will happen again..

ZimonColdres

Game Developer
Nov 7, 2019
Ok this is kind of confusing and might also cause problems with A LOT of players. Having pregnancy without children? Then how are they even pregnant? Maybe, and this is just my opinion here, don't link pregnancy to evolution as it will seriously cause problems with people who want to actually make their girls pregnant in their playthroughs. Just a thought here but probably it would be better to link evolution to their stats as we see stars beside their names (I don't remember what they were for) or maybe even some type of training with them. That could be a different way or addition to spending time with them. It could be where you reach a certain amount of stars and them they reach that point of 'evolution'. That way it seems that the MC brings them to their full potential while improving his own skills.

Otherwise you are going to hear a lot of critique saying what's the point of the pregnancy if they are one second pregnant and then the next not and no children. It would probably be best to reserve the pregnancy route for those who want to go that way where they are actually pregnant and are going to have a child with the MC. You could even have stages where at the early stage they are confirmed pregnant with no visible signs, but they both know (the girl and MC) just to have that possibly cute and emotional moment and show later on where they are further along.
Maybe it's better to clear:
My intention is to put different ones in such a way as to make them unique.
The first is that of evolution.
The second is the fast version.
The third is the normal way, but I haven't yet thought about when and if to put it, I'm not saying that it could never be in the game, but if there is a demand it could be in the game.

Honestly with how much of a pita it was to get to this point in the game having to start over is a nonstarter for me. Just not worth the hassle.

Not the same Dev but understandable as this game has been very similar to it from the beginning; to the point of having the same layouts, names for things, etc...
Look, I try to answer even if I don't feel like it:

1) I said and posted that for those who don't want to replay it there is the save exactly before the repair to see Estia's change.
2) We have nothing in common, neither the beginning nor the layouts, neither the name of things, etc..
Nothing , don't make me come back to these discussions.

Downloaded the game twice (Win/Linux, Nopy Server) and keeps getting error on scene.rpa and video.rpa. Imma try for the third time and see if this will happen again..
Strange, have you tried another host?

Zar

Aug 19, 2016
Thank god, honestly, I dropped this version before getting to 'medical analysis' from Heramael because the 'you have to click me 3 times before you move forward' thing was too annoying. (along with the less then optimal new movement system)

It could have worked, if the scenes you got during 'spend time with' were interesting, randomized and included a lot of variety, but scenes of barely 3 lines or the worst offender "you spend time with X" just don't bring anything worth the grind this feature added. So please don't just make it so that now we have to grind 'spend time with' to get 'love' which is then needed for thresholds in your relationships or something silly like that, rather make it so you can do 'interesting' things because you have the points, like a choice popping up to change positions or do something 'different' during a sex scene if you have the right amount of points (like going from missionary to mating press, slipping a finger in the girls butt during doggy, or something), get some 'special' dialog or triggering ahegao if the stats are high... something where you get a 'bonus' for grinding a lot, but aren't forced to do it.

3.80 star(s) 35 Votes