BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
View attachment 1382153

Hello everyone!

Version 0.2.0 of Changing Life will be available for all $5+ patrons on 2021.09.04 and will add:

- SCENE GALLERY!
- ANIMATIONS!
- a lot of new content
- grammar and spelling fixes
- bug fixes
- minor changes to older content

Please check it out! Public release will follow two weeks later, uploaded to and Patreon on 2021.09.18.

If you want to be up to date with the latest news about the game, or just want to discuss it, check out our Discord server

Thanks again for all of your support!
A scenes gallery is a good thing. I never use them, the truth, and unless it's adviced that there is one, I don't usually find out that it exists. But I think a lot of people like to have them.

It's like achievements, image galleries or various secrets, it's very unlikely that I will check if I have them complete or that I'm interested in getting the ones that I'm missing. Unless I can get all of them simply by following the story and finishing it, I will most likely miss at least some of them (although it's also very likely that I will not find it out)

The_Wombat

Changing Life
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2019
UPDATE: Version 0.2.0 of Changing Life is available for all $5 patrons and adds ANIMATIONS, a lot of new content, ton of fixes and other various improvements (like the scene gallery) to the game. Please check it out!

Reactions: DonVipAlphonso

chu4ng

Sep 7, 2019
The first choice and.. I'm dead.
Ok, I love that game.

>Polina Smirnova
I'm not sure, that's sounds great or a such like "klukva". But Russia doesn't have that kind of weebs.

Last edited:

nepheele

Mar 30, 2018
Arguably a perfect sandbox on choices, there is no better game where you can choose who to hang out with and who to romantically ignore.
Personally, I really like the story and the characters too.
Having said that I'm more predisposed to hang out towards teachers than students, except for a few of them.
For example I totally chose to avoid scenes with Sayuki, totally not someone I would choose, a character that i don't really trust and rather obvious to choose normally, so i avoid her scenes.
If I can suggest something about the system, first of all it would be better to create an icon during the game where you can access the journal, progress, events, etc., putting it on the options don't feel good (many use the mobile icon on the screen or the heart to access these options).
And above all, more than anything else, while the main events are visible when you complete them (green), it would be useful for example on the future page of the characters, to see a counting on the events of the characters, because it is necessary to know if you have carried out and completed them (for example 0/3 when you start the game, and 3/3 when you have done all 3 events of the character of the update).
I think is necessary because otherwise you can't tell if you have watched all the events during the game or you're simply moving on and there is nothing else to see.
For the characters I definitely like Yukine and Izumi and I find interesting Hanami, Mei, Asami and Polina.
Hard to say no to Kanae.
For the other ones i try to avoid any type of romance for now.

Aug 23, 2021
Arguably a perfect sandbox on choices, there is no better game where you can choose who to hang out with and who to romantically ignore.
Having said that I'm more predisposed to hang out towards teachers than students, except for a few of them.
For example I totally chose to avoid scenes with Sayuki, totally not someone I would choose, a character that i don't really trust and rather obvious to choose normally, so i avoid her scenes.
If I can suggest something about the system, first of all it would be better to create an icon during the game where you can access the journal, progress, events, etc., putting it on the options don't feel good (many use the mobile icon on the screen or the heart to access these options).
And above all, more than anything else, while the main events are visible when you complete them (green), it would be useful for example on the future page of the characters, to see a counting on the events of the characters, because it is necessary to know if you have carried out and completed them (for example 0/3 when you start the game, and 3/3 when you have done all 3 events of the character of the update).
I think is necessary because otherwise you can't tell if you have watched all the events during the game or you're simply moving on and there is nothing else to see.
For the characters I definitely like Yukine and Izumi and I find interesting Hanami, Mei, Asami and Polina.
Hard to say no to Kanae.
I agree with you, I love the fact that this game lets you advance the main story without romancing everyone. And even if you do all side events (if you are a completionist as I am) you can still refuse to do the h scene. As I said, I will probably complete every story, even those I dont like but I really appreciate the option

But why you don't trust Sayuki? And question to the dev, is it okay to write theories about the game here?

The_Wombat

Changing Life
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2019
Hard to say no to Kanae.
Hey! Thank you for your input! I'd be most glad to answer to you
Could you explain some things a little bit though? Because I'm not sure if I understand your post correctly. Currently the journal etc. buttons are located at the bottom of the screen, are you suggesting that I should make an additional icon on the screen or move them from the bottom somewhere else? And I'm not sure about this indicator of completed events, you want to put this numeric value on character page? Anyway, I've already planned my work for the next updates but I will try to consider this while working on them - player input is always important to me

As for the characters, all I can say is that in future updates there will be more teachers and other staff in game! I want to create a living world, with many main characters, but also literally lots of side characters (with potential to join the main cast).

Anyway, I'm very glad you liked the game, this motivates me to improve :)

I agree with you, I love the fact that this game lets you advance the main story without romancing everyone. And even if you do all side events (if you are a completionist as I am) you can still refuse to do the h scene. As I said, I will probably complete every story, even those I dont like but I really appreciate the option

But why you don't trust Sayuki? And question to the dev, is it okay to write theories about the game here?
Yes, it is okay, but be sure to use spoiler tag when necessary!

nepheele

Mar 30, 2018

Well, first she feel like a stalker, second she know the M guy and she asked M to live with mc (surely you can reject her at your home and that's not good i think, but i still don't think is someone you can trust at 100%, well, it's weird i think), third cause she lives at mc's home it's surely the most normal choice but i don't want give her preference cause this.
Maybe is only not my type but I prefer that she continue to be a cohabitant/student and not more :LOL:

Hey! Thank you for your input! I'd be most glad to answer to you
Could you explain some things a little bit though? Because I'm not sure if I understand your post correctly. Currently the journal etc. buttons are located at the bottom of the screen, are you suggesting that I should make an additional icon on the screen or move them from the bottom somewhere else? And I'm not sure about this indicator of completed events, you want to put this numeric value on character page? Anyway, I've already planned my work for the next updates but I will try to consider this while working on them - player input is always important to me

As for the characters, all I can say is that in future updates there will be more teachers and other staff in game! I want to create a living world, with many main characters, but also literally lots of side characters (with potential to join the main cast).
Yep, instead of the buttons at the bottom of the screen that link to the options page, an icon on the screen that creates a separate page from the options, it's something many games here use it.
And yes, I mean just the numerical values on the characters, to understand if you have carried out all the events (no matter the choices), so that you know perfectly well whether to continue to talk with a character or stop (because otherwise we do not know whether to continue talking to them or not)
And i'm glad you add new teachers or other staff, don't know if you add family members or ppl at the island too, but cause the mc is a teacher i like more to make relationship with adult ppl than students :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

The_Wombat

Changing Life
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2019
Yep, instead of the buttons at the bottom of the screen that link to the options page, an icon on the screen that creates a separate page from the options, it's something many games here use it.
And yes, I mean just the numerical values on the characters, to understand if you have carried out all the events (no matter the choices), so that you know perfectly well whether to continue to talk with a character or stop (because otherwise we do not know whether to continue talking to them or not)
And i'm glad you add new teachers or other staff, don't know if you add family members or ppl at the island too, but cause the mc is a teacher i like more to make relationship with adult ppl than students :ROFLMAO:
Oh, okay, so I understood correctly! Yeah, I thought about it too, especially about the progress metter. I might add it to the roadmap soon.

Aug 23, 2021
Well, first she feel like a stalker, second she know the M guy and she asked M to live with mc (surely you can reject her at your home and that's not good i think, but i still don't think is someone you can trust at 100%, well, it's weird i think), third cause she lives at mc's home it's surely the most normal choice but i don't want give her preference cause this.
Maybe is only not my type but I prefer that she continue to be a cohabitant/student and not more :LOL:
Ye I agree with you, there is something fishy about her, but I'm curious what the next update will bring

Reactions: nepheele

KatoKaine

Sep 13, 2021
Wow, pretty huge cast to start out with. Looking forward to Mei's events the most, I'm a sucker for cute barmaids and discounts. Also sometimes the progress page doesn't properly update until I jump into another menu.

The_Wombat

Changing Life
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2019
Hello everyone!

Version 0.2.0 of Changing Life is available for everyone (just reported the thread and waiting for mods to approve) and adds ANIMATIONS, a lot of new content, ton of fixes and other various improvements (like the scene gallery) to the game. Please check it out!

If you want to support me and my work, check out my Patreon page
If you want to be more up to date with previews and game development, check out our Discord

P.S. Later I will upload a complete Roadmap for the next few updates, so, stay tuned!

"CJ"

Conversation Conqueror
Mar 6, 2021
Changing Life [0.2.0] [WombatGames] crunched

Original / Compressed Size PC: 1,47 GB / 181 MB - ChangingLife0.2.0-0.2.0-pc-crunched.zip
Original / Compressed Size Mac: 1,44 GB / 147 MB - ChangingLife0.2.0-0.2.0-mac-crunched.zip

Download (PC/Mac): - -

(y)L O A D 'n' L I K E - If you L O A D it then L I K E it!(y) If not, like it anyway! (y) Thanks! ;)

This compression is unofficial and untested, use at your own risk.
Compressing process reduces quality and can break the game.

Tools: UnRen v0.91 (Sam@f95zone) - YAC v3.1c (hngg@f95zone) -

Last edited:

leloil

Mar 30, 2021
God may bless the compressed version,I'm still lackin' on storage so I shall thank the Gamer Compressor for this precious gift ^•^

The_Wombat

Changing Life
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2019
God may bless the compressed version,I'm still lackin' on storage so I shall thank the Gamer Compressor for this precious gift ^•^
Starting from the next update I will think of a way to compress the game files so the original version will take less space

• I just jizzed my pants
Reactions: leloil

RodrigoOSan

Apr 16, 2020
Someone knows what happened here? The days are going straight to Sunday and this "error" is showing
It's some event from the game or it's a true error?I've already completed the main girls' events, but this "error" is preventing me from completing the story events
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

RodrigoOSan

Apr 16, 2020
Someone knows what happened here? The days are going straight to Sunday and this "error" is showing
It's some event from the game or it's a true error?I've already completed the main girls' events, but this "error" is preventing me from completing the story events
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Forget it. Out of nowhere, the game returned to normal on the 111th day. it was probably one of those events scheduled for a certain day

Aug 23, 2021
Forget it. Out of nowhere, the game returned to normal on the 111th day. it was probably one of those events scheduled for a certain day
Weird this bug did not occured to me

Otherwise it is great update, I really loved it dev, a lot of bad things from 0.1 was repaired. I am waiting for the roadmap to see what is ahead

4.30 star(s) 4 Votes