4.60 star(s) 308 Votes

bosp

Jan 3, 2018
Am I alone in enjoying thoroughly disliking Jaye?
Jaye and her antics are the main drama motivator in this story and, as we are told, the main LI for our MC.
If you try reading heated discussions between "teams Jaye & MC" in this thread you might go bonkers so let's not mention it again and just say...

The jury is still out on that one.

Andre Young

Aug 3, 2020
Jaye +1 is Christian, I have no doubt, the reaction of the mc says it all.
MC and Jaye are two idiots who act first and then think about the consequences.
If both continue with this self-destructive behavior, they will go hurting until their relationship cannot be fixed and they move away from each other forever.

Gh0st_Harambe

Mar 9, 2020
If both continue with this self-destructive behavior, they will go hurting until their relationship cannot be fixed and they move away from each other forever.
Yeah, they both act without thinking, and they don't know the damage they are doing to each other.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Yeah I suspect most betting money at the moment are on Rapey as the +1 and for some players that would be a shit move by Jaye that would make her even more unlikable, whatever the reason she would have brought him.

There are other options though that would hurt her way less in how she is seen. It could be she is not the one that brought him or it might have even been against her will since she does not want him close to her either. It could be someone else and that might be David, it would fit with what devs said and MC might react badly to that for various reasons.

Thing is if it is David, even if might lead to more drama and a somewhat disappointed Jaye if MC is less as happy with it, as long as we as players know it was meant as a positive surprise that she maybe did not think through completely. (MC finding out someone he thought was a friend just played that for money). At least the fact she wanted to do something nice for her brother, would still be a positive sign on Jaye's part for us players and show a sweet sign. Something rapey could never be.

Other people would depend on who they are and why Jaye brought them in the first place, but hard to imagine anyone as bad as rapey. :p
Edit: Though if she brought an Ex GF of MC that we still have to be introduced with that he broke up with under kind of horrible circumstances, that could be kinda hard to explain away unless if it would be so Jaye can show herself off as a much better GF alternative maybe. :p

Last edited:
Reactions: Gh0st_Harambe

Naxos

Engaged Member
May 9, 2018
If you try reading heated discussions between "teams Jaye & MC" in this thread you might go bonkers
I wouldn't say it's been heated. I think for the most it's been pretty civil and respectful.

Any heat or shade has been directed at the characters themselves, not the fellow forum members.

Gh0st_Harambe

Mar 9, 2020
Words hurt more than blows, even more if they come from the person you love.
You don't know what you have until you lose it.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: St1ffme1ster

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Well MC in a way already moved away from Jaye for forever during those five years, I do not think he would have ever returned on his own volition if death of his parents had not forced him. He just was not aware of it, that it was what he was doing.

St1ffme1ster

Feb 18, 2021
Im sure that Jaye´s +1 is rapey boy and i think she did it on purpuse to hurt her brother or becouse she was forced or had no choice.
MC and Jaye have feelings for each other, neither of them knows about the feelings of the other.
They will have to have a talk to start improving their relationship. What can happen between them is in our hands.

Dany7519

Oct 27, 2020
Yeah and the waiting for a few months will make that scene weigh even heavier, that is the disadvantage with negative emotional cliffhangers instead of positive ones if it takes months to resolve them, I just found myself unable to play BARS again after the Julia shooting since just too much time passed between updates. So for me the final negative emotions left with after last update overtook the earlier positive ones I had with the game, making me loath to play it now unfortunately.

Well considering possibly Rapey, I do not want to say too much about it further since I do not know plans of devs with whole game and next episode and also do not want them to change their story and game for me or my purposes..

Just hope devs are aware they have only that episode left for many players to safe Jaye as a possible LI if she brings Rapey and that they might need to throw players a pretty big bone then that was not planned for at least a few more episodes in their plans for the game to turn that relation around. For many Jaye is already very close to an impossible/unhealthy LI for MC (not assigning blame to either Jaye or MC, just looking at what happened) even with feelings MC has for her and she for MC however cute she also is after story until now.

If they push those players over the edge with Rapey and not show directly a big turnaround due to what happens after in Jaye (just a talk will not be enough, it will take a change and realization shown in Jaye she finally starts to understand consequences of her actions on MC), then I suspect many will give up on Jaye and will not be interested/willing to play later parts or save her from Rapey or whatever devs have planned to finally break down those barriers between Mc and Jaye. Break of immersion between themselves and an MC willing to pursue her will just become to great to allow them to go on a Jaye path.

Edit: Now if that is the intentions of devs to make Jaye path unplayable for loads of players even on a friendship path, that would be fair enough, it is their game after all. Just that is not the idea I got. :)
I totally agree with you, if soe rapey brings with it, many players including me will be very disappointed, if he stays and has a relationship with her, that's NTR for me or close to it and I won't play the game anymore

bosp

Jan 3, 2018
Yeah I suspect most betting money at the moment are on Rapey as the +1 and for some players that would be a shit move by Jaye that would make her even more unlikable, whatever the reason she would have brought him.

There are other options though that would hurt her way less in how she is seen. It could be she is not the one that brought him or it might have even been against her will since she does not want him close to her either. It could be someone else and that might be David, it would fit with what devs said and MC might react badly to that for various reasons.

Thing is if it is David, even if might lead to more drama and a somewhat disappointed Jaye if MC is less as happy with it, as long as we as players know it was meant as a positive surprise that she maybe did not think through completely. (MC finding out someone he thought was a friend just played that for money). At least the fact she wanted to do something nice for her brother, would still be a positive sign on Jaye's part for us players and show a sweet sign. Something rapey could never be.

Other people would depend on who they are and why Jaye brought them in the first place, but hard to imagine anyone as bad as rapey. :p
Edit: Though if she brought an Ex GF of MC that we still have to be introduced with that he broke up with under kind of horrible circumstances, that could be kinda hard to explain away unless if it would be so Jaye can show herself off as a much better GF alternative maybe. :p
Think you stepped deep into some muddy waters here dude.
All speculations abound what we are looking at that "+1" is merely a Chekov's Gun.

Chekhov’s gun is a dramatic principle that suggests that details within a story or play will contribute to the overall narrative. This encourages writers to not make false promises in their narrative by including extemporaneous details that will not ultimately pay off by the last act, chapter, or conclusion.

The most famous version advises: “If in the first act you have hung a pistol on the wall, then in the following one it should be fired. Otherwise don’t put it there.

Let's get back to our story. If +1 is not a douche then the whole cliffhanger is a humongous asspull without any regard to the literary concepts and dramatic principles, i.e. bad writing.

As Stoya had, so far, proven he can write a pretty entertaining Mexican soap opera, the hatchet scent and the MCs expression leave no doubt that the gun has been fired. It's the douche, period.

Shyguy1369

Dec 14, 2018
All speculations abound what we are looking at that "+1" is merely a Chekov's Gun.

Chekhov’s gun is a dramatic principle that suggests that details within a story or play will contribute to the overall narrative. This encourages writers to not make false promises in their narrative by including extemporaneous details that will not ultimately pay off by the last act, chapter, or conclusion.

The most famous version advises: “If in the first act you have hung a pistol on the wall, then in the following one it should be fired. Otherwise don’t put it there.

Let's get back to our story. If +1 is not a douche then the whole cliffhanger is a humongous asspull without any regard to the literary concepts and dramatic principles, i.e. bad writing.

As Stoya had, so far, proven he can write a pretty entertaining Mexican soap opera, the hatchet scent and the MCs expression leave no doubt that the gun has been fired. It's the douche, period.
Very eloquently put. In my mind, it is 100% Rapey McFuckface. I just hope we get some form of beginning to repair the relationship between MC and Jaye or as stated previously, I am out. There is also the mention by Dany7519 that there could be an outside chance

if he stays and has a relationship with her, that's NTR for me or close to it and I won't play the game anymore
And I would tend to agree. I would also stop playing for that reason.

DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in this comment are strictly my own and do not necessarily reflect those affiliated with this thread.

NorWest

Oct 7, 2020
After visiting the recent dev livestream I am even more convinced that they plan to make a great VN. So those of you who go for the MC strategy (run away from the game) or Jaye's strategy (RAGE) based on hypothetical events may miss out on something.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018

True, then again the existence of David is also a chekovs gun that can fit in that situation and Rapey will enter later as an antagonist that helps Jaye-MC coming together even more against a common enemy and even if it is Rapey that is there it does not have to be Jaye that brought him or even wants him there. Her dislike of him being there could even after some drama be a bonding moment with MC. :) The gun needs to be fired, but it does not have to be fired in a way or at the moment that the player expects and red herrings are also allowed. :p

Just if it is Rapey that is there and Jaye brought him, devs will have their work cut out for them to save her as a LI or even a sis for rest of game in that episode. They better not think they can redeem her later by showing she was blackmailed into having him there or whatever they have planned in a future episode for many, that saving really will need to start in that episode then or will be too late for many players especially if three months later in real time. Whether it will be a great game with great explanations later, for those players for their own reasons it will be too late.

Last edited:

Gh0st_Harambe

Mar 9, 2020
After visiting the recent dev livestream I am even more convinced that they plan to make a great VN. So those of you who go for the MC strategy (run away from the game) or Jaye's strategy (RAGE) based on hypothetical events may miss out on something.
Not always everything that seems is true.
I look forward to playing Chapter 2 and see what happens.

Reactions: St1ffme1ster

bosp

Jan 3, 2018
True, then again the existence of David is also a chekovs gun that can fit in that situation and Rapey will enter later as an antagonist that helps Jaye-MC coming together even more against a common enemy and even if it is Rapey that is there it does not have to be Jaye that brought him or even wants him there. her dislike of him being there could even after some drama be a bonding moment with MC. :) The gun needs to be fired, but it does not have to be fired in a way that the player expects and red herrings are also allowed. :p

Just if it is Rapey that is there and Jaye brought him, devs will have their work cut out for them to save her as a LI or even a sis for rest of game in that episode. They better not think they can redeem her later by showing she was blackmailed into having him there or whatever they have planned, that saving really will need to start in that episode then or will be too late for many players especially if three months later in real time. Whether it will be a great game with great explanations later, for those players for their own reasons it will be too late.
Heh, looks like you still have some fight left in you. :p

No.
Jayes face exiting the chopper - smug smile.
She did not bring him there you say? Nope, the attorney clearly stated Jaye is bringing +1.

Red herring?
Could be used in the cliffhanger but it would be a completely anticlimatic downer in the following chapter and, considering all other included indicators pointing at douche as +1 it would break dramatic principles in a really bad way.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Heh, looks like you still have some fight left in you. :p

No.
Jayes face exiting the chopper - smug smile.
She did not bring him there you say? Nope, the attorney clearly stated Jaye is bringing +1.

Red herring?
Could be used in the cliffhanger but it would be a completely anticlimatic downer in the following chapter and, considering all other included indicators pointing at douche as +1 it would break dramatic principles in a really bad way.
Well David could also be a smug smile, especially if David and MC also parted on not great terms or Jaye is aware of something already like it might not be such a great surprise for MC to find out that whom he thought was a friend was just there for the money. :) (or maybe he became also a friend later, but that is something for David to communicate with an excuse then later on)

Like I said before most betting money is on Rapey most likely indeed, just with that devs may well have put themselves in a situation with Jaye that they will find themselves unable to turn her around after that for many players, however good they think their reasons are or later explanation, players might just not accept them emotionally, feel them or find them as reasonable or good as devs do. They would not be the first or last devs that would happen to, especially if she brought him on purpose. Players do have a mind of their own and do not always agree with devs. :)

Then again it is the devs job to come back from that if that will be the case and not mine luckily. :p
Edit: So since I do like this game, renders and basic idea of the story as far as I can see until now, I do really hope that the cliffhanger is a red herring or an intended twist to positively surprise and not Rapey, since that will be a mess for sure and will take great writing to get devs out of in time in a game that is produced in episodes with three months inbetween and not have the explanation reasonable soon after.

Last edited:
4.60 star(s) 308 Votes