4.60 star(s) 308 Votes

bosp

Jan 3, 2018
Then again it is the devs job to come back from that if that will be the case and not mine luckily. :p
Exactly. And, I hope, the comeback will be a glorious piece of drama or else!!!! Hear that Stoya?

Reactions: DA22

Gh0st_Harambe

Mar 9, 2020
Fuck it! I reach the end and ...
How hard you should disrepect yourself, getting the guy, who tried to rape you in a past and strongly hated by your deceased parents?
Seriously, in future updates, i will HATE her for it and make the worst decisions towards her. :(
Personally i cant hate her, i have a soft spot for redheads.
I wiil be dissapointed for her action but we dont know if Jaye´s +1 its really rapey boy, not everything that seems is true.
The wait is gonna kiil me..

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: St1ffme1ster

bosp

Jan 3, 2018
Sorry to compare but
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Fuck it! I reach the end and ...
How hard you should disrepect yourself, getting the guy, who tried to rape you in a past and strongly hated by your deceased parents?
Seriously, in future updates, i will HATE her for it and make the worst decisions towards her. :(
Guys chill, nothing is ever black and white, most of our lives we are operating in the areas of gray.

Stoya created a lot of drama and actually got you hooked and invested in the character's future but, isn't that the point of a good novel? Evoking strong emotions in readers, like love or hate... it's a reward by itself. Good work Stoya.

And no, there won't be a Deux ex Machina solution for the cliffhanger.
Our MC will finally have to get out of his comfort zone and act a bit impetuously for this dramatic situation to be solved in a manner acceptable to all.
Whatever the author has up his sleeve for this, I hope, will tone down your hate for Jaye and evoke a different set of emotions.
At least, that's what I, as a writer, would do in this situation.

Stoya is not an idiot, yes there were some gaping holes in the narrative so far (not those holes you perverts!) but he knows how to play the "emotions" game well.

patachoucs

Mar 26, 2020
Just gonna put it out there, that in the eventuality that it is in fact Christian, it doesn't mean much for now.

For all we know, the guy might have turned a new leaf. Was he an edgy fuck that almost went too far with Jaye in the past ? Sure. But at that age not many people understand the concept of "consent". Which is not an excuse for what he did, but the guy might have realized how wrong he was after that (and after getting a good beating). Hell the guy could even be in a relationship with someone else and having being brought by Jaye to spite Alex unknowingly !
I'd actually like such an eventuality and see him not only apologize to Alex for the past and for the situation but also gives a good "WTF are you doing" to Jaye if he realized how and why he's just being used.

As for the war on blaming, well, there ain't much changing your minds to do. You're all pretty much bend on blaming Jaye anyway and shutting her down. Is she annoying and bratty ? Sure she can be, but so is Alex and there is nothing worse than someone that always run away from any conflict. The good thing about a boat is that he won't be able to go that far now and they WILL have to sit down and talk. Right now they're both being about as mature as preteens and need to grow the fuck up and act like adults (which admittedly is not something a lot of adults do either. You'd be surprised how petty people can be IRL).

Naxos

Engaged Member
May 9, 2018
As for the war on blaming, well, there ain't much changing your minds to do. You're all pretty much bend on blaming Jaye anyway and shutting her down. Is she annoying and bratty ? Sure she can be, but so is Alex and there is nothing worse than someone that always run away from any conflict. The good thing about a boat is that he won't be able to go that far now and they WILL have to sit down and talk. Right now they're both being about as mature as preteens and need to grow the fuck up and act like adults (which admittedly is not something a lot of adults do either. You'd be surprised how petty people can be IRL).
OI! Leave me out of that. :ROFLMAO: I'm on #TeamJaye and I have confidence my girl will do the right thing, eventually. At least my MC won't be able to love up to his name this time.

Cigzag

Feb 20, 2020
Yeah and the waiting for a few months will make that scene weigh even heavier, that is the disadvantage with negative emotional cliffhangers instead of positive ones if it takes months to resolve them, I just found myself unable to play BARS again after the Julia shooting since just too much time passed between updates. So for me the final negative emotions left with after last update overtook the earlier positive ones I had with the game, making me loath to play it now unfortunately.

Well considering possibly Rapey, I do not want to say too much about it further since I do not know plans of devs with whole game and next episode and also do not want them to change their story and game for me or my purposes..

Just hope devs are aware they have only that episode left for many players to safe Jaye as a possible LI if she brings Rapey and that they might need to throw players a pretty big bone then that was not planned for at least a few more episodes in their plans for the game to turn that relation around. For many Jaye is already very close to an impossible/unhealthy LI for MC (not assigning blame to either Jaye or MC, just looking at what happened) even with feelings MC has for her and she for MC however cute she also is after story until now.

If they push those players over the edge with Rapey and not show directly a big turnaround due to what happens after in Jaye (just a talk will not be enough, it will take a change and realization shown in Jaye she finally starts to understand consequences of her actions on MC), then I suspect many will give up on Jaye and will not be interested/willing to play later parts or save her from Rapey or whatever devs have planned to finally break down those barriers between Mc and Jaye. Break of immersion between themselves and an MC willing to pursue her will just become to great to allow them to go on a Jaye path.

Edit: Now if that is the intentions of devs to make Jaye path unplayable for loads of players even on a friendship path, that would be fair enough, it is their game after all. Just that is not the idea I got. :)
I feel the exact same way towards BARS, just tried playing it's new update today and didn't get very far. I think the biggest reason is the girls in the game feel...I don't know, boring? They don't really have much personality to them, there's no drama's or conflicts between them to keep things juicy. At least in Chasing Sunsets, it's the complete opposite. There is something going on in this to keep the audience hooked and engaged. Become A Rockstar just doesn't really have that hook in it's story for me.

As for Jaye bringing along Mr Rapey rape, I think it's rather obvious why she did it. Just to spite the MC because of her own jealousy towards him and Mallory. Plain and simple. That was the one thing she knew would really get a reaction out of the MC was bringing rapey on board, which is ultimately what she wants, The MC's attention/love.

Reactions: QBaSS and DA22

Hellkinglucifer

Apr 29, 2020
The good thing about a boat is that he won't be able to go that far now and they WILL have to sit down and talk. Right now they're both being about as mature as preteens and need to grow the fuck up and act like adults (which admittedly is not something a lot of adults do either. You'd be surprised how petty people can be IRL).
Mature?? MC and Jaye??
It wouldn't be surprising if they both spend most of this trip locked in their rooms playing loud music

What You expect
wehappyfew.jpg

What you get
2ff91d968d038952a2cdbc341cc0cb36.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Naxos

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
I feel the exact same way towards BARS, just tried playing it's new update today and didn't get very far. I think the biggest reason is the girls in the game feel...I don't know, boring? They don't really have much personality to them, there's no drama's or conflicts between them to keep things juicy. At least in Chasing Sunsets, it's the complete opposite. There is something going on in this to keep the audience hooked and engaged. Become A Rockstar just doesn't really have that hook in it's story for me.

As for Jaye bringing along Mr Rapey rape, I think it's rather obvious why she did it. Just to spite the MC because of her own jealousy towards him and Mallory. Plain and simple. That was the one thing she knew would really get a reaction out of the MC was bringing rapey on board, which is ultimately what she wants, The MC's attention/love.
Yeah from a game perspective it all makes some sense and even too much sense, just devs are playing with fire when it comes to Jaye and can easily slip over the line. In the end this is a game that is a wip with months inbetween and not a Mexican telenovella with episodes every day or week where you can take the feelings you build up negatively or positively away the next day or week and redirect them or even better in a book or finished game in the next twenty minutes.

Those feelings in players you leave them with at end episode are there for months before you can do something about them as a dev, that does make a difference and changes the impact of dynamics. :p

It would be such a pity of what seems to have everything to become a really great game even if there are a few plotholes or seeming plotholes (remember we are only at update 2 and not finished game, devs may well have hold some info back for their purposes since important for later developments), that it would be a real pity if devs would slip up with one of the main characters like happened in LoF necessitating dev to go back early chapters to change things about a char to save her or in AD where dev got into problems with a main sidekick. In both cases you still see that those who played the original content, have some trouble with accepting the later revised realities. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Valeck and Maviarab

Shyguy1369

Dec 14, 2018
Guys chill, nothing is ever black and white, most of our lives we are operating in the areas of gray.

Stoya created a lot of drama and actually got you hooked and invested in the character's future but, isn't that the point of a good novel? Evoking strong emotions in readers, like love or hate... it's a reward by itself. Good work Stoya.

Our MC will finally have to get out of his comfort zone and act a bit impetuously for this dramatic situation to be solved in a manner acceptable to all.
Whatever the author has up his sleeve for this, I hope, will tone down your hate for Jaye and evoke a different set of emotions.

Stoya is not an idiot, yes there were some gaping holes in the narrative so far (not those holes you perverts!) but he knows how to play the "emotions" game well.
You make good points, but the main difference between this and a good novel is I can turn the page on the novel and find out what happens next immediately. My anger and feelings aren't toyed with for a few months. Look, I have said it before, I know this is just a game, but I get invested in these... too much for my own good sometimes.
I always want to see a good story when I play these, in fact, my favourites usually have a wonderful story and the lewd scenes are maybe not as high as other VNs.
That said, I am fine with cliffhangers, but for me if there is not some movement towards reconciliation between MC and Jaye in the next update I really can't see me hanging around. Jaye is the only LI I am interested in, so for me the next update is make or break. It's personal, and many will stay, losing little ol me is not going to hurt this VN, but I'll be sad to leave because I do like the work. At the same time, I don't think I can proceed...

DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in this comment are strictly my own and do not necessarily reflect those affiliated with this thread.

bosp

Jan 3, 2018
You make good points, but the main difference between this and a good novel is I can turn the page on the novel and find out what happens next immediately. My anger and feelings aren't toyed with for a few months. Look, I have said it before, I know this is just a game, but I get invested in these... too much for my own good sometimes.
I always want to see a good story when I play these, in fact, my favourites usually have a wonderful story and the lewd scenes are maybe not as high as other VNs.
That said, I am fine with cliffhangers, but for me if there is not some movement towards reconciliation between MC and Jaye in the next update I really can't see me hanging around. Jaye is the only LI I am interested in, so for me the next update is make or break. It's personal, and many will stay, losing little ol me is not going to hurt this VN, but I'll be sad to leave because I do like the work. At the same time, I don't think I can proceed...

DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in this comment are strictly my own and do not necessarily reflect those affiliated with this thread.
Eh, well, one of the pitfalls of playing an early release of the game (VN) under development. :p

The cliffhanger was there for a good reason.
I did joke a lot about it a number of pages back in several posts but it is what it is - very good use of Chekhov's gun.
It's going to fire in the next chapter and the result will be unexpected by many who are so invested in this story.

In what way I cannot say - I haven't read Stoya's gibberish notes on it but, if what he has shown in previous chapters is any indication, he does adhere to dramatic principles in writing.
There will be a reconciliation and probably something more will come out of it because... it's about fucking time to show us why is Jaye the main LI of this story.

One thing sure helps with waiting and setting the mood for it, here:

Last edited:

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Eh, well, one of the pitfalls of playing an early release of the game (VN) under development. :p

The cliffhanger was there for a good reason.
I did joke a lot about it a number of pages back in several posts but it is what it is - very good use of Chekhov's gun.
It's going to fire in the next chapter and the result will be unexpected by many who are so invested in this story.

In what way I cannot say - I haven't read Stoya's gibberish notes on it but, if what he has shown in previous chapters is any indication, he does adhere to dramatic principles in writing.
There will be a reconciliation and probably something more will come out of it because... it's about fucking time to show us why is Jaye the main LI of this story.

One thing sure helps with waiting and setting the mood for it, here:
Not only a pitfall for players, but also for devs.:) By releasing the game in episodes instead of as a finished work, it also becomes up to them to make sure that the game works in both ways and can stand on its own in both ways in the end. As a serialized game after each update while production is going on and as a finished whole game when it is done. Not an easy thing.

Hawky1984

Jun 3, 2019
I don't think i'll be playing this vn again for quite a while. I love the art and the story is very intriguing. But i really, really hate cliffhangers like this, especially when having to wait months to continue the story.

Reactions: Luizodia

MilneCat

Jun 1, 2020
Best writing I've seen in a long time...a real storyline that pulls you along, with plenty of visual delights along the way...

Fortuna ღ

May 13, 2020

It's really hard not to see this as being a "black and white" situation. From what we see so far, Jaye only supposedly invited Chris due to a misunderstanding. What other reason could she have for keeping in contact with him that would fall under "gray" lines? Furthermore, she exits the helicopter with a bit of a smug or triumphant look on her face, directing her gaze straight towards MC. It's hard not to see her in a bad light there. This cliffhanger definitely had it's purposed effect on the audience, but at the expense of one of the main characters. If the author has indeed setup Christian to be the +1 Jaye has brought along with her, I'm not sure how they'd be able to cast her in a better light in the eyes of the audience.

I agree, they do seem adept at handling their audience's emotions, but that will only carry a narrative so far. As it stands now, the majority of their audience hold an intense dislike towards the main love interest due to her actions thus far. Who's to say that the audience(the players) would even be interested in doing anything with Jaye, should she have actually brought Christian along? I'm sure players wouldn't exactly be delighted in being forced to interact with Jaye(not saying that the author would do this) should our assumptions be true. As a writer myself, I'd have written Jaye not to be so volatile in the eyes of the audience, whilst still conveying that she does indeed antagonize the MC.

In any case, the author has done a wonderful job so far, and I agree with everything except where "black and white" is concerned.

Sorry if I have misused any words or phrases. I'm still studying English... it's not my first language.

4.60 star(s) 308 Votes