4.60 star(s) 308 Votes

Rocc46

Sep 1, 2020
I'm just so very glad everyone got Jaye perfectly figured out, inside and outside.

Her mindset, why she behaves the way she does, her actions, everything. And only after version 0.1 !

Might aswell stop developing the game since all of you clearly already know what is going to happen or for what reasons it's going to happen.

*irony off*
What are you talking about? People are judging her based on what they've seen from her so far. And so far some people like her and some don't. And some people have theories what might happen and some don't.

And it's 0.2 btw.

Edit: And I am genuinely surprised how much some people like her because from my POV she doesn't have any redeeming qualities.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
I'm just so very glad everyone got Jaye perfectly figured out, inside and outside.

Her mindset, why she behaves the way she does, her actions, everything. And only after version 0.1 !

Might aswell stop developing the game since all of you clearly already know what is going to happen or for what reasons it's going to happen.

*irony off*
You are missing the point. :p

Thing is that for some people it is coming close to the point that whether they read Jaye wrong or not or whatever sweet loving girl may be lurking deeply behind her seeming behavior until now and might be shown in an update or three does not really matter anymore by then. Since the character will be already destroyed in their minds by then and whatever devs do will not turn her around then anymore for them. That is the fire the devs are playing with on purpose for dramatic purposes. :)

Edit: The only way they can read Jaye is how the character is presented until now, which is how the devs chose to show her for their purposes, None of those players including me know the plans or how the devs see her in the end and that is well where part of the disconnect may be as it was with that sidekick in AD and where a dev may go easily wrong. Them knowing how she will be later, may well make them slightly less aware of exactly how negatively some perceive her now that do not have that undisclosed information to soften her behavior for them at this moment in the game that the devs have.

Fact that there are months between updates instead of days or a week, makes that game even more dangerous. It is their game though and their work, so their decisions to make, for good or bad and very few or no people are accusing them of doing a bad job with the game.

Last edited:

bosp

Jan 3, 2018

*irony off*
You are missing the point. :p

Thing is that for some people it is coming close to the point that whether they read Jaye wrong or not or whatever sweet loving girl may be lurking deeply behind her seeming behavior until now and might be shown in an update or three does not really matter anymore by then. Since the character will be already destroyed in their minds by then and whatever devs do will not turn her around then anymore for them. That is the fire the devs are playing with on purpose for dramatic purposes. :)

Fact that there are months between updates instead of days or a week, makes that game even more dangerous. It is their game though and their work, so their decisions to make, for good or bad and very few or no people are accusing them of doing a bad job with the game.
MC is telling the story from his point of view.

We actually know nothing about what was going on in Jaye's life during the 5 years of separation. Also, that dipshit of an author did not feel the need to give us any clues about it because it would have probably toned down on the drama.

I kept asking the question: why is MC actually in love with Jaye? over and over for some time but nobody seemed to have a good answer and there we have it - the biggest gaping hole in the narrative so far.

All of it could have been handled a bit more balanced to avoid jumping into the abyss of character self-destruction but yeah, I am not the writer here, Stoya is so, hopefully, he thought of it beforehand and has a way to set things on the right path in the next installment.

otronegro

Jan 24, 2020

*irony off*
It's perfectly fine to be pissed with her after what we saw. The Chris situation literally destroyed their family and she KNOWS what bringing him to the yacht would trigger. She didn't had the courtesy of even text the MC giving the heads up he's coming to ease a inevitable confrontation. Plus the 2 renders we have of her after landing does not show any apprehension, care or worry, it's like she don't give af!

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

It's gonna be hard to reverse my MC feelings towards her after this. Really hard.

Naxos

Engaged Member
May 9, 2018

*irony off*
Ugu, I must admit I'm really puzzled by some of your comments, when it feels like it comes across as you wanting us to not talk about the game.

I was going to say you're wrong about the assumption everyone has Jaye figured out, even if it was an ironical statement but after some of the replies I actually see you point.

Maybe Stoya should give and option at the start of the next update.

"Continue with the story"
or
"You've already made up you mind about Jaye, the MC rides off into the sunset with Mallory"
Leads to a game over end credits.
:p:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

bosp no need for name calling about the dev. ;)
Edit: Oh and otronegro has just shared to perfect examples of why the MC loves Jaye. A pictures worth a 1000 words. :p :p

• Thinking Face
Reactions: operamini

Naxos

Engaged Member
May 9, 2018
Oh, I think he knows I actually like him and his VN in spite of me shooting some flaming arrows his way here and there.
No worries. :p
Cool, cool, cool.

I have a few dev's I'm like that with too, but it's hard to know when someone is being serious or not.

Shyguy1369

Dec 14, 2018
Why does the MC love Jaye?
Hmm, well for one, she's a smoking hot redhead. Do not underestimate the power of good looking redheads (or the temper). Secondly, before the tension caused by Jaye's 'friends' slagging her for being close to her brother, they already loved each other. Those feelings didn't change. If you just check the diary further when you steal it (before rolling back and gaining the trust you need), you can see that even years after, Jaye is still in love with the MC. PLUS those feelings are mentioned a few times. Even to the bartender your telling the story to. Jaye and the MC both have issues with the way they interact with each other. But let me give you a cliched line: There is a fine line between love and hate, and right now, Jaye and the MC are walking slightly on the hate side, but they love each other more than they care to admit to each other.
Just my observations of course. Jaye is my girl... but I am very concerned about this cliff hanger and if she can be saved in my eyes next update.

DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in this comment are strictly my own and do not necessarily reflect those affiliated with this thread.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
MC is telling the story from his point of view.

We actually know nothing about what was going on in Jaye's life during the 5 years of separation. Also, that dipshit of an author did not feel the need to give us any clues about it because it would have probably toned down on the drama.

I kept asking the question: why is MC actually in love with Jaye? over and over for some time but nobody seemed to have a good answer and there we have it - the biggest gaping hole in the narrative so far.

All of it could have been handled a bit more balanced to avoid jumping into the abyss of character self-destruction but yeah, I am not the writer here, Stoya is so, hopefully, he thought of it beforehand and has a way to set things on the right path in the next installment.
Yeah I am pretty sure Stoya thinks he has enough things coming to turn it around in the future and remarks of devs shows that is their intention for those on her path. I just hope he will not be caught by that disconnect in my Edit on that post you quoted, that he as dev knowing the full story and has all that information we as players miss about Jaye does not slightly misjudge that sweet spot between needed or wanted drama and going too far to turn it around. :)

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Would be somewhat weird if he as a dev wouldn't have all the informations we are missing about his characters :p
Yeah, but what you miss is that exact thing is also a danger for a dev, perspective bias is not only a danger for players but also for a dev.

Knowing all about a character and story can make you lose sight or misjudge a bit of how others perceive her at a certain moment in time especially in a serialized game that do not have your information as the devs. :) If those you mainly talk with about the game and whether you hit the sweet spot you wanted, have the same information you have, you can easily fall into that trap as a writer.

Edit: Now I do not know whether Stoya is in danger of that, what he is planning for next episode and so on. He may well pull it off gloriously, but he is playing with fire. :)

Naxos

Engaged Member
May 9, 2018
And I am genuinely surprised how much some people like her because from my POV she doesn't have any redeeming qualities.
I'm not really sure how to explain it. While I'm totally on #teamjaye, I don't think she's perfect or without any faults; she has a lot of them. Of course being a smoking hot redhead mitigates them very slightly, and I mean very slightly, she's just the one I like most out of the options.

I also think Jaye is a bit of classic tsundere and once she can freely admit her feelings and they are reciprocated by the MC, she'll be fiercely loyal and protective of him. Willing to do anything for him and will give herself to him selflessly and completely. Right now she's doing everything she can to protect herself and in her eyes the MC too but when they are free to be true, we'll see a very different Jaye. At least that's my thoughts and opinion and I could be completely wrong.

Blake45666

Aug 31, 2020

*irony off*
just saying, that's sarcasm, not irony

• Haha
Reactions: Ariostebaldo

Rocc46

Sep 1, 2020
I also think Jaye is a bit of classic tsundere and once she can freely admit her feelings and they are reciprocated by the MC, she'll be fiercely loyal and protective of him. Willing to do anything for him and will give herself to him selflessly and completely. Right now she's doing everything she can to protect herself and in her eyes the MC too but when they are free to be true, we'll see a very different Jaye.
I am 99% sure that's going to happen but I already dislike her so much at this point that I don't even care anymore.

Reactions: ju1zzed

bosp

Jan 3, 2018
At some point I really need to remove your access to any kind of pitchforks or torches :p
Not that's ntr :ROFLMAO: :p

Yes that was a joke about the quote and sharing of info. Lets not start a holy war over the kinks of sharing or ntr, it's a totally unrelated joke, now move on and have fun.
Oh man... and I gave you both a perfect opening to make a punchline about "patching gaping holes".
You guys are no fun.

ugulugulu

Feb 3, 2020
Nah, we just can't indulge you every damn time just to make you happy. I'm not one for spoiling you too much my dear :p

4.60 star(s) 308 Votes