4.60 star(s) 308 Votes

Naxos

Engaged Member
May 9, 2018
Oh man... and I gave you both a perfect opening to make a punchline about "patching gaping holes".
You guys are no fun.
I swear that wasn't there when I replied, but I also deleted my comment lest it trigger someone and start another unholy war.

I've just worked it out. You and ugulugulu are both the same person post off two accounts to drum up views and replies, and here I was thinking Ugu wanted us stop. Well played. Well played indeed. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: bosp and DA22

Blake45666

Aug 31, 2020
Well it's usually irony -> sarcasm -> cynicism. I thought I was quite meek there, so I went with irony ;d
i thought i'd point it out lol, irony just has a different meaning but i've seen that comparison a lot

i like being pedantic :LOL: especially about irony

bosp

Jan 3, 2018
Nah, we just can't indulge you every damn time just to make you happy. I'm not one for spoiling you too much my dear :p
I swear that wasn't there when I replied, but I also deleted my comment lest it trigger someone and start another unholy war.

I've just worked it out. You and ugulugulu are both the same person post off two accounts to drum up views and replies, and here I was thinking Ugu wanted us stop. Well played. Well played indeed. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
/pouting

YOU MADE ME WATCH EVERWOOD!!!

/pouting off

Nah, ugulugulu is on his own in this. I think I pissed in his cereal almost as much as I did in Stoya's. :p

operamini

Sep 2, 2019
Why does the MC love Jaye?
Hmm, well for one, she's a smoking hot redhead. Do not underestimate the power of good looking redheads (or the temper). Secondly, before the tension caused by Jaye's 'friends' slagging her for being close to her brother, they already loved each other. Those feelings didn't change. If you just check the diary further when you steal it (before rolling back and gaining the trust you need), you can see that even years after, Jaye is still in love with the MC. PLUS those feelings are mentioned a few times. Even to the bartender your telling the story to. Jaye and the MC both have issues with the way they interact with each other. But let me give you a cliched line: There is a fine line between love and hate, and right now, Jaye and the MC are walking slightly on the hate side, but they love each other more than they care to admit to each other.
Just my observations of course. Jaye is my girl... but I am very concerned about this cliff hanger and if she can be saved in my eyes next update.

DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in this comment are strictly my own and do not necessarily reflect those affiliated with this thread.
the problem here is that there is too much telling and not enough showing, a few scenes in the start during the flashback of good interactions between them would have gone a long way into reducing the animosity towards her, but we didn't get them.
so from the info we have she is squarely in the "Danger zone" (in the crazy hot matrix/chart)

I usually like tsunderes, I mean Bella from SG and Quinn from Badik are my 2 favoriite girls and they're both kinda bitches but you can also see some good sides to them. I think dev went too far with Jaye cause she's just a bitch and that's it, she literally doesn't have any good attributes imo.
the few she had left was being there for him during his games and thoughtful gifts, but with how she choose to stay with rapey mcfuckface thats out of the window

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
the problem here is that there is too much telling and not enough showing, a few scenes in the start during the flashback of good interactions between them would have gone a long way into reducing the animosity towards her, but we didn't get them.
so from the info we have she is squarely in the "Danger zone" (in the crazy hot matrix/chart)

the few she had left was being there for him during his games and thoughtful gifts, but with how she choose to stay with rapey mcfuckface thats out of the window
Yeah, throwing us players a few bones in game will help many a bit with her perception (What we can learn outside of game like in livestream will help some since they may come closer to see what devs intended, but will not help those that only played the game and what is in game should always be leading and able to stand on itself). It does not even have to be with MC, just seeing she is more as she seems in interactions with others may already help a lot. :p

Then again, possibly Stoya decided that with the feedback he got from players that he did not reach the sweet spot yet he wanted with the drama and perception of Jaye and he has to turn the drama up even a bit more in next update as he originally intended or that he hit that sweet spot exactly. :p All we do is give feedback, which might be useful for devs since we lack their knowledge, that does not mean though that devs may well take other things out of it as we might love them to take out of it. :)

Reactions: CoffeeDrinker

Fortuna ღ

May 13, 2020
I'm just so very glad everyone got Jaye perfectly figured out, inside and outside.

Her mindset, why she behaves the way she does, her actions, everything. And only after version 0.1 !

Might aswell stop developing the game since all of you clearly already know what is going to happen or for what reasons it's going to happen.

*irony off*
None of us have her figured out. We're mostly going based off of what we have been shown of her so far. So far, she's volatile, immature, selfish, etc. Just by what we have seen so far, and due to the fact that we have yet to see anything else of her, we can conclude that she may not be the best LI for MC right now. Also, I can't speak for everyone else, but Jaye is not the only reason why I've played the game. She may be an interesting highlight, but the story expands beyond just her. So I don't know what that last line is about.

Just pointing out right here that I do not understand the sarcasm/irony. Also *version 0.2

Last edited:

Shyguy1369

Dec 14, 2018

First of all, great How I Met Your Mother reference.
Secondly, I think Barney would agree that right now, her hotness equals her crazy, but she is definitely riding along the Vicky Mendoza Diagonal. For me, she is not near the Shelly Gillespie zone. To further that scale, through the VN she has definitely gotten hotter, but her crazy hasn't been that different than before. Of course, next update is crucial. To me she is above the VM Diagonal... but the jury is still out.

DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in this comment are strictly my own and do not necessarily reflect those affiliated with this thread.

• Haha
Reactions: Naxos

ugulugulu

Feb 3, 2020
It's nice that people are still offended about Jaye staying with "Rapey" as you guys tend to call him while the MC had his games.

I'm pretty sure all of you only made only rational decisions in your teenage years when you were crushing on someone for whatever reasons and never did something that made someone with at least 5 working braincells think "Why the bloody hell are you doing that?"

bosp

Jan 3, 2018
It's nice that people are still offended about Jaye staying with "Rapey" as you guys tend to call him while the MC had his games.

I'm pretty sure all of you only made only rational decisions in your teenage years when you were crushing on someone for whatever reasons and never did something that made someone with at least 5 working braincells think "Why the bloody hell are you doing that?"
Ah, well, I don't think people are offended per se, more like annoyed that he appeared in the cliffhanger...
MC is telling the story so we only see things from his point of view and, frankly, his "games" are pretty mild and meek for someone who had complete freedom of choice for 5 years.

Can't say for others but my teenage years were anything but filled with rational decisions.
Raging hormones, tons of pretty girls, crushes, heartbreaks, and all that goes with it.
Of course, I got slapped and kicked in the nuts lots but... our MC and Jaye are not teens anymore.

So, what is the rationale here?

Deleted member 3006697

Compressor
Oct 30, 2020
>staying with/being with a guy
this isn't the problem
she is free to date any guy/girl she likes

>Rapey
this is the problem

Nope, I did/do a lot of stupid shit.
But being in contact and bringing the guy who tried to rape you and was a scum overall as your +1 just to make the guy you love feel jealous? I don't know how you can justify this.

edit: and yes as bosp above said its more annoyed than offended

Naxos

Engaged Member
May 9, 2018
Check the Devs stream to clear a lot of misconceptions
Stone Fox Studios Chapter 1 Post-Release Livestream
Thanks for sharing that was really good to listen too.

My biggest take away from it, is there is a lot more to MC + Jaye than we know and a lot they wanted to show but could not because we'd still be waiting for the prologue then.

bosp , DA22, Forgotten_Valentine Shyguy1369 eyy_b0ss

I highly recommend listening to it if you haven't yet.

Last edited:

Shyguy1369

Dec 14, 2018

My biggest take away from it, is there is a lot more to MC + Jaye than we know and a lot they wanted to show but could not because we'd still be waiting for the prologue then.

Yeah, planning on listening to it later, just to see what's up. I am waiting until I have the time, so later tonight for sure. Thanks for tagging me , as we seem to share similar thoughts lol.

bosp

Jan 3, 2018

Not sure why you singled me there (among others).
It was a slow day today so I actually watched the stream on tube.

It was all cute and fuzzy and I kinda like the guys and all the effort they put into it but... was kinda disappointed by meek and unimaginative questions from the audience.
Having said that, I will do my part in helping them make a great VN, but no, I still won't miss a chance to piss in their cereal if they deserve it. :p

Reactions: operamini

Mortarion

Donor
Oct 22, 2017

I can't agree more! (y)

4.60 star(s) 308 Votes