4.60 star(s) 308 Votes

Shyguy1369

Dec 14, 2018
I am all for Jaye, I made that abundantly clear I think, but I am also sure that both the MC and Jaye are at fault. Since we get the MC's POV, I can see why he did what he did and when he did it. We as the player know a bit more, but Jaye obviously has things she has been through and I am sure acted the way she did.
It's just so hard to know that Rapey McFuckface is going to be there... trust me when I say. After just the prologue and Chapter 1 I do enjoy this VN game very much. But I have had nightmares about what will happen next in the story. I have LITERALLY had sleepless nights due to this cliffhanger. So I am very scared of what will happen. I get too invested into these, I know they are fictional characters.
Fictional Characters.gif
But I get invested and that's the way I am. So I need something good to come from this next chapter. I don't need a full resolution, that would be SO tough to do in one chapter... but the steps... for me... need to be there this chapter.

DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in this comment are strictly my own and do not necessarily reflect those affiliated with this thread.

operamini

Sep 2, 2019
I am all for Jaye, I made that abundantly clear I think, but I am also sure that both the MC and Jaye are at fault. Since we get the MC's POV, I can see why he did what he did and when he did it. We as the player know a bit more, but Jaye obviously has things she has been through and I am sure acted the way she did.
It's just so hard to know that Rapey McFuckface is going to be there... trust me when I say. After just the prologue and Chapter 1 I do enjoy this VN game very much. But I have had nightmares about what will happen next in the story. I have LITERALLY had sleepless nights due to this cliffhanger. So I am very scared of what will happen. I get too invested into these, I know they are fictional characters.
View attachment 1049566
But I get invested and that's the way I am. So I need something good to come from this next chapter. I don't need a full resolution, that would be SO tough to do in one chapter... but the steps... for me... need to be there this chapter.

DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in this comment are strictly my own and do not necessarily reflect those affiliated with this thread.
i didn't get to that point but i did get noticeably affected for at least a few days it took a while to let the energy dissipate, so your not the only one (else there wouldn't be 115 pages lol)
btw i was wandering for a while, why the disclaimer?

Reactions: Crimsonfiend76

Shyguy1369

Dec 14, 2018
Thanks for sharing that was really good to listen too.

My biggest take away from it, is there is a lot more to MC + Jaye than we know and a lot they wanted to show but could not because we'd still be waiting for the prologue then.

Shyguy1369

I highly recommend listening to it if you haven't yet.
So listened, thanks again. I actually feel a bit better about things. Hopefully I can say the same after Chapter 2 lol
It was great to hear things from their perspective for sure. So cheers for tagging me, I might have given it a miss otherwise.

Shyguy1369

Dec 14, 2018
i didn't get to that point but i did get noticeably affected for at least a few days it took a while to let the energy dissipate, so your not the only one (else there wouldn't be 115 pages lol)
btw i was wandering for a while, why the disclaimer?
Lol... When I state my opinion, some have taken it to mean it's law. So I just like to add it as a way of saying, these are just my own personal thoughts and everyone is entitled to their own thoughts lol. So it started as a bit of come back to someone... but I kind of like it lol

Gh0st_Harambe

Mar 9, 2020
View attachment 1049566

I forget that they are just fictional characters, sometimes devs do a great job with a character and you become very fond of them and anything that can happen to them affects my daily life.
It also happened to me, there were days when I couldn't stop thinking about certain characters and I couldn't sleep well for example with 2 or 3 vn :
Acting Lessons with the death of a LI.
In BARS with the cliffhanger of ep7´s end.
In Avalon with the rape of the main love interest.

dmmt

May 8, 2020
This game has ridiculous potential! A riveting story, excellent artwork, flawed and human characters.

Dear gawd please see this thru to completion.

Shyguy1369

Dec 14, 2018
I forget that they are just fictional characters, sometimes devs do a great job with a character and you become very fond of them and anything that can happen to them affects my daily life.
It also happened to me, there were days when I couldn't stop thinking about certain characters and I couldn't sleep well for example with 2 or 3 vn :
Acting Lessons with the death of a LI.
In BARS with the cliffhanger of ep7´s end.
BARS - Is that Become a Rock Star? If so I agree.

Andre Young

Aug 3, 2020
Your fanaticism for Jaye is clouding your thoughts.
They are both guilty of the poor state of their relationship.
The guilt is shared, both have a lot to do with how their relationship is today. We only see the MC's point of view, we don't know anything about what happened to Jaye in those 5 years where her brother was away from her.
Hopefully the devs give us the opportunity to see how she really felt through some flashbacks. I think she is happy to see her brother again, only that she hides her feelings so as not to feel fragile or exposed, since a long time has passed and she doesnt know what reaction her brother would have after seeing her again after so long.
Jaye and her brother have to change their attitude toward the other, and sit down and talk in order to start solving their problems, situation that will happen in chapter 2 according to what I saw in the devs stream. I don't think everything will be solved with a simple chat but it is a good starting point to fix their relationship.
Depending on what happens, if I cant continue on her path as love interest, I dont think I will make decisions that will separate them even more, but to strengthen their relationship as siblings, since they should be united after the loss of their parents.
It all depends on us, the players, what kind of relationship they will have.

Gh0st_Harambe

Mar 9, 2020
The guilt is shared, both have a lot to do with how their relationship is today. We only see the MC's point of view, we don't know anything about what happened to Jaye in those 5 years where her brother was away from her.
Hopefully the devs give us the opportunity to see how she really felt through some flashbacks. I think she is happy to see her brother again, only that she hides her feelings so as not to feel fragile or exposed, since a long time has passed and she doesnt know what reaction her brother would have after seeing her again after so long.
Jaye and her brother have to change their attitude toward the other, and sit down and talk in order to start solving their problems, situation that will happen in chapter 2 according to what I saw in the devs stream. I don't think everything will be solved with a simple chat but it is a good starting point to fix their relationship.
Depending on what happens, if I cant continue on her path as love interest, I dont think I will make decisions that will separate them even more, but to strengthen their relationship as siblings, since they should be united after the loss of their parents.
It all depends on us, the players, what kind of relationship they will have.
I agree with you, if I can't continue to follow Jaye's love path, I'll continue playing her route just to improve the relationship between them.

Reactions: Crimsonfiend76

Naxos

Engaged Member
May 9, 2018

OT briefly, but that's the case and it's not preventable, Avalon joins Acting Lessons in a game I'll never play. I've had it downloaded for a few weeks, but never got around to starting it.

Gh0st_Harambe

Mar 9, 2020
OT briefly, but that's the case and it's not preventable, Avalon joins Acting Lessons in a game I'll never play. I've had it downloaded for a few weeks, but never got around to starting it.
I made the mistake of playing first BaDik and then Acting Lessons, thinking that it would have a similar plot or that it would not have as much drama, I was wrong, that night I could hardly sleep, that decision broke something inside of me.
I remember it took me a couple of weeks to continue playing to finish the story.

Glooskabe

Jan 4, 2020
It occurs before the action of the game begins. It's the primary LI's backstory.

Reactions: Gh0st_Harambe

A.C.H.B.

Dec 17, 2020
I just finished this version and I have to say, WTF was that cliffhanger????? All signs seem to indicate that the rapist is Jaye's +1. You're telling me the game's main LI has the mental and emotional fortitude of a 12 year old??? Why in the seven hells would you bring the douchebag who tried to rape you and who your brother (who you're secretly in love with) and your recently deceased father hate as your +1??? Talk about non existent character development lol.

Retrofire

Jul 4, 2019
I just finished this version and I have to say, WTF was that cliffhanger????? All signs seem to indicate that the rapist is Jaye's +1. You're telling me the game's main LI has the mental and emotional fortitude of a 12 year old??? Why in the seven hells would you bring the douchebag who tried to rape you and who your brother (who you're secretly in love with) and your recently deceased father hate as your +1??? Talk about non existent character development lol.
Fish on! :ROFLMAO:

Plenty of valid critiques for this game. "Non-existent character development" is not one of them.

HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020
Maybe wait and see who it is first? So far we only have MC's reaction to a scent. Still think it's a red herring....

Jstforme

Dec 20, 2019
Maybe wait and see who it is first? So far we only have MC's reaction to a scent. Still think it's a red herring....
After the pages and pages of debate, the list of people that would draw the sort of response of pure hate is extremely short. Jaye being number one, and Christian being number two...literally anyone else introduced to the story that Jaye would bring with her would bring indifference, not hate. Frankly, it would be a cheap shot across the bow if it's anyone but Christian at this point.
We'll find out in a few months though I suppose.

HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020
After the pages and pages of debate, the list of people that would draw the sort of response of pure hate is extremely short. Jaye being number one, and Christian being number two...literally anyone else introduced to the story that Jaye would bring with her would bring indifference, not hate. Frankly, it would be a cheap shot across the bow if it's anyone but Christian at this point.
Yeah, this is what I'm saying, we don't actually know anything at this point other than the scent. If it is McRapeyFace maybe Jaye didn't actually invite him? As stated, we will have to wait to find out

A.C.H.B.

Dec 17, 2020
Fish on! :ROFLMAO:

Plenty of valid critiques for this game. "Non-existent character development" is not one of them.
I was pertaining to Jaye. She's still as volatile, hotheaded and petty in her mid 20s (?) as she was in her teens. Tbh, her only redeeming quality is her being a pretty redhead.

Frankly, it would be a cheap shot across the bow if it's anyone but Christian at this point.
Tbh, I'd facepalm even harder if it wasn't Christian.

Last edited:

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Well I can guarantee that the hate for Rapey is much bigger as for Jaye. I suspect almost everyone in this thread will hope for Jaye to be salvageable and to be turned around enough for them so they can make their MC and Jaye happy together. Just if Rapey is not a red herring, but the one she brings that will become a lot harder for some players to envisage after that as devs already made that for some of us.

Even in a best case scenario, where she is friends or more with rapey during those 5 years and did not think about fact MC might be less happy to see him. Well to forgive a would be rapist for his actions, beyond being naïve beyond believe, since people may learn to hide their bad sides better, but anyone who is prepared to rape a young girl in her bedroom is at very best a selfish bastard at his core and will stay one. Also it would mean that Jaye more easily forgives an attempt to rape her as what mc did (what does that say about her and her priorities) and again shows no concern at all how MC might react to bringing Rapey, while even someone with very low empathy might understand that giving MC at least a heads up in advance might be wise and that he would not be happy to see Rapey as a nice surprise. :) Talking about having your priorities straight. :p

Where to make it all a bit worse, bringing Rapey is not an impetuous on the spur moment thing, but something she had hours or even days or weeks to think about if it was her that brought him for whatever reason she has.

Unfortunately from a game perspective Jaye bringing Rapey, though there are other options possible that also work, does make a lot of sense and rapey being in some way a later catalyst to bring Jaye and MC together. Even if that would likely be a kind of boring and plenty downtrodden path by many writers in past already, instead of exciting or unexpected twist if devs intend to walk that path indeed.

Edit: TLDR: Most of us want to love Jaye, just devs make it very hard for some of us until now to see a MC/Jaye relationship as a good thing for both of them in game. :p

Last edited:
4.60 star(s) 308 Votes