4.60 star(s) 308 Votes

Gh0st_Harambe

Mar 9, 2020
It's really hard not to see this as being a "black and white" situation. From what we see so far, Jaye only supposedly invited Chris due to a misunderstanding. What other reason could she have for keeping in contact with him that would fall under "gray" lines? Furthermore, she exits the helicopter with a bit of a smug or triumphant look on her face, directing her gaze straight towards MC. It's hard not to see her in a bad light there. This cliffhanger definitely had it's purposed effect on the audience, but at the expense of one of the main characters. If the author has indeed setup Christian to be the +1 Jaye has brought along with her, I'm not sure how they'd be able to cast her in a better light in the eyes of the audience.

I agree, they do seem adept at handling their audience's emotions, but that will only carry a narrative so far. As it stands now, the majority of their audience hold an intense dislike towards the main love interest due to her actions thus far. Who's to say that the audience(the players) would even be interested in doing anything with Jaye, should she have actually brought Christian along? I'm sure players wouldn't exactly be delighted in being forced to interact with Jaye(not saying that the author would do this) should our assumptions be true. As a writer myself, I'd have written Jaye not to be so volatile in the eyes of the audience, whilst still conveying that she does indeed antagonize the MC.

In any case, the author has done a wonderful job so far, and I agree with everything except where "black and white" is concerned.

Sorry if I have misused any words or phrases. I'm still studying English... it's not my first language.
She is the main love interest of the game, not interacting with her will be impossible.
Jaye +1 can be rapeboy or not, everything can be, only the devs know who the +1 is.
Personally, if it is really Christian, I will surely get angry and grumpy, but I wont stop playing her route only for that.

Reactions: St1ffme1ster

Fortuna ღ

May 13, 2020
She is the main love interest of the game, not interacting with her will be impossible.
Jaye +1 can be rapeboy or not, everything can be, only the devs know who the +1 is.
Personally, if it is really Christian, I will surely get angry and grumpy, but I wont stop playing her route only for that.
Well I certainly will. Her character was already not appearing in the best light, and if she really did invite Chris as her +1, then all hope of reconciling would immediately be lost on me. I suspect a decent amount of people here share similar sentiments. What I meant to say was that it would be unfortunate if we were forced to reconcile with her. I wasn't sure how to best clarify my thoughts on that in English, sorry.

Last edited:

Gh0st_Harambe

Mar 9, 2020
Well I certainly will. Her character was already not appearing in the best light, and if she really did invite Chris as her +1, then all hope of reconciling would immediately be lost on me. I suspect a decent amount of people here share similar sentiments. What I meant to say was if we would be forced reconcile with her. I wasn't sure how to best clarify my thoughts on that in English, sorry.
I just want to know the context in which she will take Chris to the yacht, if she is doing it on purpose to hurt her brother or why she had no choice or was forced.
It was also said that Rapeboy could be the buyer of the yacht but there is no point in taking him to the yacht with the sale completed.
If it is the first option, he would no longer see her as before, knowing his brother's reaction when he see her next to rapeboy for me there is almost no redemption for her.
I wish Tara would have been a li too, I'll settle for Mallory, Erica or Linda if i cant continue playing Jaye path.

Reactions: Ariostebaldo

Shyguy1369

Dec 14, 2018
I know there may be some speculation, but to me there is no one else it can be but Rapey McFuckface. However, I will let the next update to decide whether I continue or not. I am all about Jaye, and I need something by the end of the next update to not make me hate her. That's just my own personal opinion... I get why any writer would do that cliffhanger, but I like to play these and choose the LI I like. It is not often I play VNs that don't have some form of sharing or harem ending to them. So when I do, I want to be able to have the MC end up with the LI I would prefer. In this case, that is Jaye and to me, there needs to be some reconciliation on both parts in this next update or I unfortunately won't be able to continue.
So 'black & white' or 'gray' - all I know from everything that's been revealed is Christian is now on that yacht... and if it was really me as the MC... he'd be swimming with the fishes see.

DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in this comment are strictly my own and do not necessarily reflect those affiliated with this thread.

Reactions: Gh0st_Harambe

Gh0st_Harambe

Mar 9, 2020
I know there may be some speculation, but to me there is no one else it can be but Rapey McFuckface. However, I will let the next update to decide whether I continue or not. I am all about Jaye, and I need something by the end of the next update to not make me hate her. That's just my own personal opinion... I get why any writer would do that cliffhanger, but I like to play these and choose the LI I like. It is not often I play VNs that don't have some form of sharing or harem ending to them. So when I do, I want to be able to have the MC end up with the LI I would prefer. In this case, that is Jaye and to me, there needs to be some reconciliation on both parts in this next update or I unfortunately won't be able to continue.
So 'black & white' or 'gray' - all I know from everything that's been revealed is Christian is now on that yacht... and if it was really me as the MC... he'd be swimming with the fishes see.

DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in this comment are strictly my own and do not necessarily reflect those affiliated with this thread.
Yeah me too, my favourite is Jaye, im hoping for an approach between the two and that they sit down to talk, not everything will be solved with a simple chat but it would be a good start .

Shyguy1369

Dec 14, 2018
Yeah me too, my favourite is Jaye, im hoping for an approach between the two and that they sit down to talk, not everything will be solved with a simple chat but it would be a good start .
Agreed, I am not saying it should be ALL solved and hunky dory next update, but there needs to be a sit down or something where the two can get on some even ground... in some way. At least for me.

Naxos

Engaged Member
May 9, 2018
I just want to know the context in which she will take Chris to the yacht, if she is doing it on purpose to hurt her brother or why she had no choice or was forced.
I'm curious as to what possible scenarios you have or can think of where she's forced or doesn't have a choice?

We weren't given a choice with Mallory, but she's not the MC's plus one. I don't think George would have referred to whomever is with her as her +1 if it was something he'd organised where she didn't have a choice.

CoffeeDrinker

May 7, 2018
It's really hard not to see this as being a "black and white" situation. From what we see so far, Jaye only supposedly invited Chris due to a misunderstanding. What other reason could she have for keeping in contact with him that would fall under "gray" lines? Furthermore, she exits the helicopter with a bit of a smug or triumphant look on her face, directing her gaze straight towards MC. It's hard not to see her in a bad light there. This cliffhanger definitely had it's purposed effect on the audience, but at the expense of one of the main characters. If the author has indeed setup Christian to be the +1 Jaye has brought along with her, I'm not sure how they'd be able to cast her in a better light in the eyes of the audience.

I agree, they do seem adept at handling their audience's emotions, but that will only carry a narrative so far. As it stands now, the majority of their audience hold an intense dislike towards the main love interest due to her actions thus far. Who's to say that the audience(the players) would even be interested in doing anything with Jaye, should she have actually brought Christian along? I'm sure players wouldn't exactly be delighted in being forced to interact with Jaye(not saying that the author would do this) should our assumptions be true. As a writer myself, I'd have written Jaye not to be so volatile in the eyes of the audience, whilst still conveying that she does indeed antagonize the MC.

In any case, the author has done a wonderful job so far, and I agree with everything except where "black and white" is concerned.

Sorry if I have misused any words or phrases. I'm still studying English... it's not my first language.
Unfortunately, I fear the Dev may very well have overplayed their hand with regard to creating too much drama and negative feelings toward their main LI, Jaye. She's currently painted as unbalanced, very immature, self-centered with an extreme and explosive temper... A toxic combination. I was really hoping after the time period apart, the writing would show her to have grown up, matured and have a handle on her temper. Honestly, I'm giving it one more update in anticipation of the Dev tapping the brakes and backing off on Jaye's character assassination.

Gh0st_Harambe

Mar 9, 2020
I'm curious as to what possible scenarios you have or can think of where she's forced or doesn't have a choice?

We weren't given a choice with Mallory, but she's not the MC's plus one. I don't think George would have referred to whomever is with her as her +1 if it was something he'd organised where she didn't have a choice.
Being blackmailed with something that could harm her :

I think George is manipulating both of them with the help of Tara and David in order to take over the parents' company.
I think Tara purposely blocked the MC number on Jaye's phone so they couldn't communicate, meanwhile David kept MC away from his family. Tara might have discovered something that Jaye wouldnt like to come out and she told George about it, to manipulate Jaye into taking Christian to the yacht to hurt the MC and drive them away even more.
I don't know what Mallory's role will be in all this, it is known that they already met George, and that she has the task of flirting with the MC to make Jaye jealous.
The parents's accident was not an accident and someone killed them, following George's orders.

f850x638-27425_104914_2527.jpg

This is just my crazy theory..

Last edited:

Naxos

Engaged Member
May 9, 2018
Being blackmailed with something that could harm her :

I think George is manipulating both of them with the help of Tara and David in order to take over the parents' company.
I think Tara purposely blocked the MC number on Jaye's phone so they couldn't communicate, meanwhile David kept MC away from his family. Tara might have discovered something that Jaye wouldnt like to come out and she told George about it, to manipulate Jaye into taking Christian to the yacht to hurt the MC and drive them away even more.
I don't know what Mallory's role will be in all this, it is known that they already met George, and that she has the task of flirting with the MC to make Jaye jealous.
The parents's accident was not an accident and someone killed them, following George's orders.

This is just my crazy theory..
Hmm... I can imagine Tara blocking his number on Jaye's phone but I'm not sure about her working with George. Especially to blackmail Jaye. If anything I think she'd do it out of jealousy for one or the other of them. I'm 100% that Tara has been intimate with both of them. So I'm not sure which one she'd be jealous of.

I'm hoping it's not another cliche'd Jaye took a photo/video that shows her naughty bits and is now being blackmailed into something to keep the pictures from being released.

The only way it makes sense to me with it being a non-voluntary +1 is if George has something to do with it. I'm still on the fence about him. As I said earlier the only character I fully trust at this stage is the barkeep. Again though if George is the bad guy it will be a little cliched, but he is the one in the best position to do so. I really dislike him not being totally open with the MC. It's one of those IRL personal things, where i hate people being dishonest or keeping stuff from me.

Real Kreten

Apr 10, 2020
I don’t think, that George is bad guy. He suggested a fairly good solution as soon as he had both of them (MC and Jaye) in his office:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Wouldn't a lot of things have been solved if Christian alias Hatchet Body Spray had been buried a few meters (feet) undergrounds?
Unfortunately, Jaye was of a different opinion:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

So for now we have to sail where the wind blows us and wait for the next opportunity.

Naxos

Engaged Member
May 9, 2018
I don’t think, that George is bad guy. He suggested a fairly good solution as soon as he had both of them (MC and Jaye) in his office:
Same, I don't think he is, but I still don't fully trust him. He seems to be saying everything to make them reconcile and do the right thing, but you never know.

I am really looking forward to the next chapter to see who right we were or how much egg ends up on our face.

proximus

Donor
Apr 25, 2017
Not sure if George is a bad guy, but some of his decisions look suspicious and surely contributed to the rift between MC and Jaye like his dealings with Malory or why he arraigned for MC and Jaye to travel separately. Also looks like he kept spying on MC and knew about his whereabouts all this time.
This is truly beautiful game and I surely hope that dev doesn't plan on Jaye being so bitter with MC, especially since she is such a large part of the story. I appreciate game direction so far but not to the point of being annoyed or frustrated with main LI pettiness. For me personally, it would be a dealbreaker since I am seriously considering supporting this game.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheFurs and Naxos

Real Kreten

Apr 10, 2020
My opinion on the connection between George and Mallory is that Mallory went to Colorado to find out who organize heritage probate. Then she visited George and gave him an envelope with her documents as a claim to be part of the probate proceedings.

George had two flights ready, for MC and for Jaye, on Tuvalu at the time. Mallory could have flown one of these flights and, of course, chose to fly with the MC.

Dr. Psychedelic

Game Developer
Feb 9, 2020
It was also said that Rapeboy could be the buyer of the yacht but there is no point in taking him to the yacht with the sale completed.
If it is the first option, he would no longer see her as before, knowing his brother's reaction when he see her next to rapeboy for me there is almost no redemption for her.
I wish Tara would have been a li too, I'll settle for Mallory, Erica or Linda if i cant continue playing Jaye path.
I never played the reconcile or understanding path with her
it is what it is
if you wanna keep doing stupid stuff and push people away
then do it no one's gonna stick around if you keep pissing them off
I'll be more than happy if there's an ending without any LI.

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: operamini

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018

I mainly agree with your points, which should come as no surprise considering some posts I made. :p

I think it goes even a bit further though, even if you do not dislike Jaye per se and even feel some sympathy for her like me. Well if you immerse into MC, it is already very hard even without a Chris as +1 brought on purpose to hurt MC to ever see Jaye as someone that could be a healthy ever after LI for MC, with how they both are and how little she changed over those 5 years in behavior to MC and seeming lack of awareness she was the main reason MC stayed away for 5 years not even visiting his parents that he loved.

It would take a very big turnaround in Jaye and her actions to make that somewhat believable and whether you could make that turnaround believable without plot armor, even without Chris as +1 and even with plot armor that will not be answered with yes by every player after this cliffhanger that will simmer in their mind for 3 months. For myself I already noticed I started to look at the game more from the outside as let myself be swept away by the story to enable myself to possibly interact with Jaye in a positive way as MC, since I know MC will likely want to as he is set up. :)

Last edited:

ugulugulu

Feb 3, 2020
I'm just so very glad everyone got Jaye perfectly figured out, inside and outside.

Her mindset, why she behaves the way she does, her actions, everything. And only after version 0.1 !

Might aswell stop developing the game since all of you clearly already know what is going to happen or for what reasons it's going to happen.

*irony off*

4.60 star(s) 308 Votes