4.60 star(s) 306 Votes
Dec 29, 2018
What will make or break this game for me is how much control will we get over the player character. I don't want this to turn into another game where one love interest is treated as the intended love interest, and the main character is constantly smitten with her even though she treats the main character like shit and you personally can't stand her.

I don't understand what the main character sees in Jaye, and it's hard for me to relate to him because of it. The worst of it so far was when he learned that Tara liked him and he decided that she wasn't his type. She was the hottest girl in school (according to the MC himself), he saw her stand up to Jenna on his behalf (and for Jaye too) when she was a little kid, and he learned that she was totally into him. How was he not at least a bit interested in her? I guess Tara needed to be meaner, uglier, and related to him. Maybe then she would've been his type.

Rocc46

Sep 1, 2020
The worst of it so far was when he learned that Tara liked him and he decided that she wasn't his type. She was the hottest girl in school (according to the MC himself), he saw her stand up to Jenna on his behalf (and for Jaye too) when she was a little kid, and he learned that she was totally into him. How was he not at least a bit interested in her? I guess Tara needed to be meaner, uglier, and related to him. Maybe then she would've been his type.
He wasn't interested in her because the dev decided that she's not an li, that's literally the only explanation. I don't really understand why but it is what it is. At this point a lot of people don't like Jaye, I don't know if it's a majority or a minority but it's a lot, if Tara was an li it would make Jaye even more obsolete than she is now already.

Vondoot

Jan 11, 2018
I don't understand what the main character sees in Jaye, and it's hard for me to relate to him because of it. The worst of it so far was when he learned that Tara liked him and he decided that she wasn't his type. She was the hottest girl in school (according to the MC himself), he saw her stand up to Jenna on his behalf (and for Jaye too) when she was a little kid, and he learned that she was totally into him. How was he not at least a bit interested in her? I guess Tara needed to be meaner, uglier, and related to him. Maybe then she would've been his type.
That's what I don't understand about Tara not being a love interest. The devs have already done the setup for her to be a Li but they're saying it's not going to happen. I don't understand the thought-process for that.

Retrofire

Jul 4, 2019
That's what I don't understand about Tara not being a love interest. The devs have already done the setup for her to be a Li but they're saying it's not going to happen. I don't understand the thought-process for that.
Yeah, you're probably right. I'd throw in the towel here and find another game that actually has potential to passive-aggressively try to push a wish-list into.

• Angry
Reactions: Osamabeenfappin

underoath27

Nov 22, 2020
Next update will be next month, right? I don't remember if it was here or another game that new update would be launched in May.

Vondoot

Jan 11, 2018
Yeah, you're probably right. I'd throw in the towel here and find another game that actually has potential to passive-aggressively try to push a wish-list into.
The devs are free to do whatever they damn well please with the game, just as I'm free to wonder aloud why they choose to do this or that in a discussion forum, likewise your free to make passive-aggressive comments that don't contribute to the conversation.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Damn. Jaye is getting so much hate in here that my MC may have to just end up with her out of pity.
Well it is your own life you ruin, if she acts to you in same way as to MC whenever you do something she does not like or do not act perfect according to the Jaye way of thought. :p

• Sad
Reactions: duningtwo

Terminator_26F

Apr 1, 2019
It is said, in France at least, that "love is blind". Someone who truly loves a person sees nothing other than that person. The MC is, from my point of view, very much in love with Jaye since childhood, whatever her attitude and actions towards him. He only sees Tara as Jaye's best friend and that since childhood. You will notice that, moreover, the MC does not hesitate to fuck his friends from Aspen and the girls he meets on his journey around the world. But fuking doesn't mean to love. Fucking is simple: you make me hard, you make me wet so we fuck. Love involves complex feelings and sensations, often disturbed by the circumstances of the moment but never undone. I think DEVs are playing on that. This may not go in the direction wanted by some of my forum colleagues but trust the DEVs to create Machiavellian situations that will lead to outcomes where everyone will find satisfaction. I said !

Auroma!

Aug 10, 2020
One of the best VNs i have ever played. Definitely in my top 3
i for one LOVE Jaye, it’s refreshing to see she is as competitive as MC, they both love each other but they know they can’t be together so they both have their own way of dealing with it.
i just love the fact that right now they are not even acknowledging it which will make it more worth it when they will actually talk about it.
“The opposite of love is not hate, its apathy”
this quote perfectly sums up Jaye’s actions for me so far.
all i want to say to Stoya and Kentyrr is don’t take this thread too seriously and don’t let any toxicity affect your vision , this is just us trying to cope while waiting for updates.
I really do believe this is masterpiece in a making.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
One of the best VNs i have ever played. Definitely in my top 3
i for one LOVE Jaye, it’s refreshing to see she is as competitive as MC, they both love each other but they know they can’t be together so they both have their own way of dealing with it.
i just love the fact that right now they are not even acknowledging it which will make it more worth it when they will actually talk about it.
“The opposite of love is not hate, its apathy”
this quote perfectly sums up Jaye’s actions for me so far.
all i want to say to Stoya and Kentyrr is don’t take this thread too seriously and don’t let any toxicity affect your vision , this is just us trying to cope while waiting for updates.
I really do believe this is masterpiece in a making.
Yeah, but would you be able to live with a partner like Jaye for the rest of your life if she keeps behaving to you as she has? Which would be the logical assumption, since MC will not be perfect in future either and make mistakes, misfortune will happen and he will have to talk to some pretty women as well once in a while, whether he wants to or not. While Jaye until now has not shown any signs of a change or even awareness her behavior is a problem for MC.

(Now that would be no problem for a heavy competing story line, where bro and sis try to seriously hurt and kill each other while secretly loving each other and being unaware they do, but at a certain moment it will for the opposite especially since at least from MC's perspective it already escalated enough for him to want her out of his life.)

That is what you Jaye defenders at any cost are asking MC to do, he has little to no reason to think she will ever change and just finally recognized her behavior might be partly jealousy. Especially since her behavior did not change after being not affronted by his company for 5 years, during which he preferred to not have her company in his life for exactly those reasons (five fucking years, it is not like MC slunk away and sulked for a day). :p MC at the moment still has little or no reason to want her in his life beyond the fact he loves her and she is his sister and needs to balance that with the impact her behavior has on him and we know what decison he made in the past regarding that exact question for the last 5 years.

By the time she finally admits she loves him, poor MC might well be so traumatized he does not give a fuck anymore and just wants her drama as far away from his person as possible, every normal person who is not a total masochist has a breaking point when it comes to constant drama in their life. (Beyond the fact this is a game and plot armor likely would not allow MC that if you are on her route, but as a player my disconnect with MC may well become to big way before that moment.)

It is not for nothing the Chinese curse is may you live in interesting times and MC's life is certainly way more interesting whenever Jaye is around him. :p

The thing is not that Jaye is always wrong and MC is always right, just that a happy relation between them is pretty impossible if Jaye keeps behaving as she has and is (whatever MC does now, even turning into complete and perfect Simp that will do everything possible to not ever ever ever annoy her in future from now on, at which with his talent to annoy her he would most assuredly fail once in a while).

Bringing Rapey to the boat would be great drama for sure, but also would escalate her behavior and confirm it in a way that players like me would need to see at least the seed of a serious turnaround quickly in her to ever believe such a relation could ever work from MC's pov and with me playing that MC. :p

There is already enough drama and past between those two that it would be a long road even if both tried to change their behavior, since there would be some fall backs on either side, even without escalating it further with Rapey. It is not like with their past a simple I love you from both sides would be enough to take all that hurt, uncertainty, insecurities and distrust from both sides away without heaping even more on it with Rapey drama. :) That is also under the assumption no third character in game might add extra drama for their own reasons (looking at you Mallory) or has reason to keep those two apart.

Those two will need some time and hard work from both even when they accept they love each other, to make it work. MC is too talented at annoying Jaye and do the exact wrong thing around her and Jaye will not suddenly turn into someone who starts to think first and not act out her jealousy and insecurities when comes to MC immediately without thinking about it once in a while at least .Besides for both goes that forgiving the past is way easier as forgetting about it. So there will be fireworks enough anyway even without bringing Rapey in, if they finally do decide they would like to be together and both will try to change their behavior to each other. :p

Last edited:

Soundgfx

May 4, 2020
Yeah, but would you be able to live with a partner like Jaye for the rest of your life if she keeps behaving to you as she has? Which would be the logical assumption, since MC will not be perfect in future either and make mistakes, misfortune will happen and he will have to talk to some pretty women as well once in a while, whether he wants to or not. While Jaye until now has not shown any signs of a change or even awareness her behavior is a problem for MC.

(Now that would be no problem for a heavy competing story line, where bro and sis try to seriously hurt and kill each other while secretly loving each other and being unaware they do, but at a certain moment it will for the opposite especially since at least from MC's perspective it already escalated enough for him to want her out of his life.)

That is what you Jaye defenders at any cost are asking MC to do, he has little to no reason to think she will ever change and just finally recognized her behavior might be partly jealousy. Especially since her behavior did not change after being not affronted by his company for 5 years, during which he preferred to not have her company in his life for exactly those reasons (five fucking years, it is not like MC slunk away and sulked for a day). :p MC at the moment still has little or no reason to want her in his life beyond the fact he loves her and she is his sister and needs to balance that with the impact her behavior has on him and we know what decison he made in the past regarding that exact question for the last 5 years.

By the time she finally admits she loves him, poor MC might well be so traumatized he does not give a fuck anymore and just wants her drama as far away from his person as possible, every normal person who is not a total masochist has a breaking point when it comes to constant drama in their life. (Beyond the fact this is a game and plot armor likely would not allow MC that if you are on her route, but as a player my disconnect with MC may well become to big way before that moment.)

It is not for nothing the Chinese curse is may you live in interesting times and MC's life is certainly way more interesting whenever Jaye is around him. :p

The thing is not that Jaye is always wrong and MC is always right, just that a happy relation between them is pretty impossible if Jaye keeps behaving as she has and is (whatever MC does now, even turning into complete and perfect Simp that will do everything possible to not ever ever ever annoy her in future from now on, at which with his talent to annoy her he would most assuredly fail once in a while).

Bringing Rapey to the boat would be great drama for sure, but also would escalate her behavior and confirm it in a way that players like me would need to see at least the seed of a serious turnaround quickly in her to ever believe such a relation could ever work from MC's pov and with me playing that MC. :p

There is already enough drama and past between those two that it would be a long road even if both tried to change their behavior, since there would be some fall backs on either side, even without escalating it further with Rapey. It is not like with their past a simple I love you from both sides would be enough to take all that hurt, uncertainty, insecurities and distrust from both sides away without heaping even more on it with Rapey drama. :) That is also under the assumption no third character in game might add extra drama for their own reasons (looking at you Mallory) or has reason to keep those two apart.

Those two will need some time and hard work from both even when they accept they love each other, to make it work. MC is too talented at annoying Jaye and do the exact wrong thing around her and Jaye will not suddenly turn into someone who starts to think first and not act out her jealousy and insecurities when comes to MC immediately without thinking about it once in a while at least .Besides for both goes that forgiving the past is way easier as forgetting about it. So there will be fireworks enough anyway even without bringing Rapey in, if they finally do decide they would like to be together and both will try to change their behavior to each other. :p
There's no TLDR for that?

I get that she's a dumb cunt and people in this thread hate her rn but this is like 2 chapters in, characters are bound to change and develop.

At least that's what I hope lmao

Reactions: Penfold Mole

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
There's no TLDR for that?

I get that she's a dumb cunt and people in this thread hate her rn but this is like 2 chapters in, characters are bound to change and develop.

At least that's what I hope lmao
Ok, here is the TLDR:
That is the thing, she is not a dumb cunt and her actions are partly as much because she was hurt by Mc as MC's were partly because he was hurt by her. Still if they want to have a chance, both will need to change and that will be hard enough anyway, since their past will not disappear and her time is running out with how MC's already feels and we have no indication she is even aware she also needs to change firstly. She might be happy enough to continue their old patterns, but MC is clearly not (nor me as a player when I immerse in MC).

It is not like they can say, I love you and "Love is a many splendored thing "will play in the background and they have great sex under the moonlight and everything will be peace and happiness. Their past and all that hurt and their characters that got them into their problems together are still there, unless they work on that.

How do you think Jaye will react if MC after that scene above, because he seems to be a reasonable good guy decides to help Mallory with whatever her problem is. Do you think Jaye will not at least be jealous and want to explode even if MC has no intention to romance Mallory? :ROFLMAO: Especially if he would forget again to ask her in advance about her opinion before making his decision.

She would not even be wrong from her perspective purely, just as she has every right from her perspective to feel betrayed by MC by him disappearing for 5 years without a prior word to her and let us be honest even if she had not blocked him, the chance he would have stayed away anyway for all that time is highly likely.

Last edited:
Reactions: Osamabeenfappin

ugulugulu

Feb 3, 2020
Tara said she liked the MC so that basically spells out it's true love (nudge nudge, wink wink) and Jaye made a mistake( as did the MC) but now she's the most vile person on earth and every action she does is simply to spite the MC.

Gotta love this twisted AVN logic that people just see the things they want to see. Screw reason or explanations, when my head says it has to be this way, there is no way in hell I am wrong ~_~'

Christ allmighty.

Rocc46

Sep 1, 2020
Tara said she liked the MC so that basically spells out it's true love (nudge nudge, wink wink) and Jaye made a mistake( as did the MC) but now she's the most vile person on earth and every action she does is simply to spite the MC.

Gotta love this twisted AVN logic that people just see the things they want to see. Screw reason or explanations, when my head says it has to be this way, there is no way in hell I am wrong ~_~'

Christ allmighty.
You literally just created your own argument out of nothing... Nobody is saying any of the stuff you just described. And even if they were, they're opinions, everybody has one and again, nobody is saying that it has to be their way, they're just stating their opinion. So I don't really know what you're trying to achieve here.

ugulugulu

Feb 3, 2020
Didn't really create anything out of nothing, the discussion if Jaye is redeemable or not is going back and forth since this game has been posted here.
But it's usually either she's beyond any help or she's above any help/doesn't need help, so either black or white. Nothing in between. And if you try to say there might be justified reasons for any of those actions either of the character took, you get 1000+ words posts how wrong you actually are.

And obviously everyone is entitled to their opinion, that's what a forum is all about anyways, but it's still sad that people cemented into their minds that there is no room to wriggle about certain things, so I felt like saying something.

So not really trying to achieve anything here. Just pointed it out to give people reason again to swing their pitchforks and torches.

4.60 star(s) 306 Votes