4.60 star(s) 303 Votes

Naxos

Engaged Member
May 9, 2018
Loved the start to this updated. (y) (y) (y) (y) (y)

Didn't go too far.

watching Jaye beat the shit out for rapeymacrapefac, then picking another option to watch the mc do it it twice, and George so kindly offering him a life preserver made may day. Seeing them hug it out after. totally made it!

ugulugulu I admit I was totally wrong about who it was.

Reactions: Ariostebaldo

pixado7875

Mar 11, 2020
I thought this was abandoned
Been so long since an update
Now I don't even remember how the story went

Deleted member 2808342

Cliffhanger Vendor
Game Developer
Sep 4, 2020
i get that but the
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
It absolutely does.

It really comes down to what mechanics are legitimately "gameified," and we certainly understand that some will feel it unfair that conversation hubs would need to be carefully navigated or require a walkthrough to be "executed perfectly."

In this case, we started off small, with a one point reward in either direction, and a change in how the scene plays out if you've been kind to Jaye in spite all of how things have played out between you.

Moving forward, points are going to come much faster, and in larger numbers as each day the player will have to decide how to best accomplish the goals pressed upon them by the story. After Chapter 2, it will be impossible to max points out between both of your co-protags, so you can either strike a balance, or not. How you achieve the end-state of the game will depend on your approach to getting there.

In any case, to your point, the "gameificaton" of conversation is intended to be reflective of how we rely on trial in real-world conversations, and how we often get it wrong in spite of our best efforts. That said, we're also aware that min/maxing is a part of gamer culture, and it's going to happen regardless. It's safe to say that if a concept isn't working, we'll scrap it and re-evaluate. :)

Maestro91

Aug 2, 2017
Well, dev saved that one. Jaye is still good although a bit annoying but in a cute way. Mallory still very much uninteresting. Wish dev could find a reason to bring Tara to the yacht, if not that then someone else more interesting than the ones so far.

Also, am I crazy, or is it not a massive conflict of interest that the Judge's wife has received stocks in Prizer, and if Georgeknows that then can't he prove that?

Finally, Christian man... What a useless antagonist. Honestly would be way better to introduce someone smart(er) like that uncle of his or someone else from the firm or company.

minoan55

Aug 28, 2018
Possible bug at the end of chapter 2 - in the summary it says that you chastised mallory for snooping, but I chose the other option - to praise her for a good job.

Reactions: Weasel_Face

Deleted member 2808342

Cliffhanger Vendor
Game Developer
Sep 4, 2020
Possible bug at the end of chapter 2 - in the summary it says that you chastised mallory for snooping, but I chose the other option - to praise her for a good job.
I'll look into this. We have not seen this issue reported in beta.

**EDIT**

It is a bug in the end of chapter reporting logic, but your choice was accurately recorded by the game. I've corrected it in the dev build, and there's no need to worry about having a save at that point to get the result you wanted.

Ahh, this was an insidious little bug, because the report at the end of Chapter 2 was tied to whether the MC had kissed Mallory at the end of Chapter 1 or not. As a result, whether you noticed the mismatch depended entirely on a combination of choices none of the beta testers made. Thanks again!

Last edited:

Deleted member 2412505

May 31, 2020
I remember Jaye being a pain in the ass.
I haven't played the update. She better not have bought that douche on the yacht. Or I'll really lose my shit and throw myself overboard.

Deleted member 2412505

May 31, 2020
Just did a replay this weekend and all my LIs impressions remain the same. Jaye is a cunt, Tara IMO is working behind the scenes to separate the siblings (blocking MC on Jayes phone for example). The journalist could potentially be a good girl in the future but I don't buy this yet, she's shady... So the only girls that I currently want and hope to end the game with are the aspen girls or the italian chick. I'm glad devs said we could have a MGTOW end because so far this seems to be the way...
What's MGTOW?

RainMaker323

Jan 26, 2018
How in the actual fuck did I not connect the dots that Leap of Faiths Jaye and this Jaye are one and the same person? Good thing dev almost literally spelled it out for the dumbasses like myself ...

Last edited:
4.60 star(s) 303 Votes