4.60 star(s) 308 Votes

Dr.Jan Itor

Jun 19, 2018
90 days is the goal we set for ourselves, and we hit it with Chapter 2. Chapter 3 is a bit more ambitious in art and story, but we'll do our best to stay on target.
So basically Ill play both LOF and Chasing Sunsets around same time...works for me. :D As I already wrote in the review, take all the time you need. Pandering to fans destroyed many a good game(or khm...a certain hbo series khm). Stay healthy and see ya on Patron in about a month. 8)

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
Is there some kind of Dev in joke going on with MC's and their haircut's? I've noticed it in Chasing, LoF, and BaDIK. I love the game but those haircut's, Dude.

• Haha
Reactions: FAP369ZONE

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
OK did writer change or some shit, or dev trying just retcon entire personalitys b4 game goes too many chapters in?
Chapter one went from a MC whoring around world feeling like he fucking every wife (and sometimes daughter) he could to now being,i dont even know tbh.

Sister must of went on her meds on way to airport because did 180 personality wise and went from being aggressive and a damn Tsunade mad/upset MC was gone for years to just eh its whatever. She flips bout a phone and a kiss etc b4 but now all is magically forgiven and ok or just doesnt care.

Any tension with the axe rapist from cliffhanger is killed in like 5min. Tension from the chpt 1 kiss she saw with Mallory also killed. So if the story is suppost to be a bro and sis overcoming past to be together thats apparently done as we have flashed back the entirity of their lives kid to adult at this point and explained away any conflict.

So what is really left as a problem or stake wise to tell or explain? Could literally just write they lived happily ever after RIGHT NOW
Sounds like you either skipped a lot of the story or understand absolutely nothing about what's going on.

MV_1999

Nov 19, 2020
After a couple of weeks not even opening this forum because I was too busy, when I finally checked it and saw there was an update I couldn't wait to download and play it (read new comments only after I finished playing). And I have to say great update this is. I think this VN keeps getting better and better. The way Chapter 1 ended and how things continued in Chapter 2 was handled great, quite a turn in the story. Now I can't wait for the next update. When I played the previous update I thought the game seemed interesting, but after this update I can definitely say that I really like it and it's now in my top favourite VNs. If I could, I would join Patreon and support the Devs there, because they sure do deserve it (I currently can't since I'm a full-time university student with zero income..., but that won't last forever).
Also the 'crossover' (maybe not the best word to use?) with Leap of Faith was quite interesting. Reading the comments here where it was mentioned I guess most people played LoF first and then Chasing Sunsets (I guess that's the order the updates came), while I played in the exact opposite order and in the same day (finished Chapter 2 here and a few minutes later started Chapter 5 of LoF), so for me it went from mentioning Lexi Dimante and showing a picture of her here to then seeing Jaye in a newspaper in LoF, I thought that was it, but nope, there was more to my pleasant surprise.

againsthaters

Mar 18, 2021
I'm curious about one thing ...
Since we can avoid all sexual contact with any other person, regardless of whether it is female or male ... (yes, apparently our character seems to be heterosexual ... - but it could possibly change or test/try something new in his life ...? Especially since his relationship with his fellow traveler during their travels together, they seemed to be pretty close to that kind of relationship - his death made me cry like a little girl, this super adorable and sublime man will have made me dream and go through all kinds of emotions...)
Should we expect that there are other path options in the future ...?
(then I am against incest, even in games ...) - as much as a father and also already a grandfather for almost 12 years, I cannot stand this kind of thing.

Last edited:

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
After a couple of weeks not even opening this forum because I was too busy, when I finally checked it and saw there was an update I couldn't wait to download and play it (read new comments only after I finished playing). And I have to say great update this is. I think this VN keeps getting better and better. The way Chapter 1 ended and how things continued in Chapter 2 was handled great, quite a turn in the story. Now I can't wait for the next update. When I played the previous update I thought the game seemed interesting, but after this update I can definitely say that I really like it and it's now in my top favourite VNs. If I could, I would join Patreon and support the Devs there, because they sure do deserve it (I currently can't since I'm a full-time university student with zero income..., but that won't last forever).
Also the 'crossover' (maybe not the best word to use?) with Leap of Faith was quite interesting. Reading the comments here where it was mentioned I guess most people played LoF first and then Chasing Sunsets (I guess that's the order the updates came), while I played in the exact opposite order and in the same day (finished Chapter 2 here and a few minutes later started Chapter 5 of LoF), so for me it went from mentioning Lexi Dimante and showing a picture of her here to then seeing Jaye in a newspaper in LoF, I thought that was it, but nope, there was more to my pleasant surprise.
The cameo was really well done, not too much or to little. After reading about the order that you played them in I kinda wish that I had done that as well, though I'm still satisfied with the scene's.

Last edited:
Reactions: MV_1999

Shyguy1369

Dec 14, 2018
I am glad I played enough of Leap of Faith to get the Lexi reference here, however I had to quit Leap of Faith so I didn't know Jaye made a cameo over there as well. That's kind of kool.

Reactions: MV_1999

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
Is there some kind of Dev in joke going on with MC's and their haircut's? I've noticed it in Chasing, LoF, and BaDIK. I love the game but those haircut's, Dude.
No, it's just how people do their hair these days. I've been seeing similar cuts IRL for a few years now.

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
No, it's just how people do their hair these days. I've been seeing similar cuts IRL for a few years now.
Noh, I've seen the hairstyles. The renders just look bad. In Leap of Faith the MC's haircut is a running joke, all the LI's comment on it.

Soundgfx

May 4, 2020
If you want to see some kind of Final Fantasy haircut take a look at Summer's Gone :ROFLMAO:
Yeah i keep mentioning the yee yee ass haircut in the the thread for SG, I mean it's greatly written but I can't stand that ridiculous hair, chasing sunsets and Badik mc hairs has got nothing on that jrpg protagonist boy band hair.

Reactions: Penfold Mole

circloflyf

Jan 14, 2021
OK did writer change or some shit, or dev trying just retcon entire personalitys b4 game goes too many chapters in?
Chapter one went from a MC whoring around world feeling like he fucking every wife (and sometimes daughter) he could to now being,i dont even know tbh.

Sister must of went on her meds on way to airport because did 180 personality wise and went from being aggressive and a damn Tsunade mad/upset MC was gone for years to just eh its whatever. She flips bout a phone and a kiss etc b4 but now all is magically forgiven and ok or just doesnt care.

Any tension with the axe rapist from cliffhanger is killed in like 5min. Tension from the chpt 1 kiss she saw with Mallory also killed. So if the story is suppost to be a bro and sis overcoming past to be together thats apparently done as we have flashed back the entirity of their lives kid to adult at this point and explained away any conflict.

So what is really left as a problem or stake wise to tell or explain? Could literally just write they lived happily ever after RIGHT NOW
I'm not sure how you got from point A to B on this. I thought the transition from Chapter 1 to 2 was seamless and the whole thing makes sense given the choices I made. Did you follow the story or just skip through to the scenes you wanted?

Reactions: MyUserName1234

circloflyf

Jan 14, 2021
Came by this game because someone tagged it in another thread. So glad I clicked. But here I am with another game for which I will be impatiently awaiting updates.

van321

Jan 7, 2021
Mallory is such a sweetheart. By virtue of having the whole prologue, Jaye has a much more developed personality, though. I hope there is more time invested for Mallory to catch up in character development (not just as a plot device) as an equal co-LI as opposed to just being "the alternative" in case someone doesn't like Jaye's attitude.

Deleted member 2808342

Cliffhanger Vendor
Game Developer
Sep 4, 2020
:love:
Mallory is such a sweetheart. By virtue of having the whole prologue, Jaye has a much more developed personality, though. I hope there is more time invested for Mallory to catch up in character development (not just as a plot device) as an equal co-LI as opposed to just being "the alternative" in case someone doesn't like Jaye's attitude.
We got u, fam. ;) Mallory's got quite an arc planned.

The Bush Diver

Feb 21, 2020
Stone Fox Studios, you've outdone yourself. What an amazing update, man!

After such a hot scene, I can only dream of a threesome with Tara...

v1900

Apr 21, 2020
Sounds like you either skipped a lot of the story or understand absolutely nothing about what's going on.
Well zackjack177 is not completely wrong. He is way off the mark with the MC as we have a lot of exposition about him and is fairly consistent character (we know why the whoring around etc.). On the other side we have a gap on Jaye's side because on the span of time between George booking the flights and she landing, she is now hoping for the MC to stand up for her and she is no longer dismissive of him. It is in fact an abrupt change, we know based on the dialogue that she now wants to repair their relation but we still lack that eureka moment so to speak that made her reconsider. I suspect Tara may have smacked some sense into her but we have not being given the few lines of exposition to explain it (shit Avaron1974 now I have to go back and replay to make sure, damn I may have to learn to keep quiet :FacePalm: ).
(y)

[edit]

Does the cameo in LoF adds something to this topic?

JamieSadistic

Dec 19, 2018
Great story so far. Great character development as well. I love how real the relationship between MC and Jaye feels. Also, great renders. I look forward to the next chapter.

Reactions: DavDR
4.60 star(s) 308 Votes