4.60 star(s) 308 Votes

Retrofire

Jul 4, 2019
Holy shit. This may actually be my new favourite game on this site. I'm generally pretty critical of the overall quality (particularly of story writing) in the adult game/VN industry, so I genuinely mean it when I say this game is really fucking good. I'm actually so disappointed it currently ends at chapter 2.

- No damn NTR
- I'm a romantic at heart which the story and sex plays to
- ... but also I'm a redblooded male so I love well spaced out and timely sex scenes. So maybe I'm a hypocrite. Sue me. (my romantic heart pumps my redblood)
- I'm a sucker for 'fix a emotionally broken/damaged girl'
- Seems to be currently riding the edge between harem and anti-harem space, which I love. Have to see how it pans out. (I love plausible thruples and the like, it's the combination of romance, sex and fantasy fulfilment)
- Just the right amount of taboo
- Oh, and to state the obvious, the LIs are hot as fuck

I'm so invested in the story already holy fuck I just want to see what happens next. I generally try and offer some constructive criticism when I leave a long post, but I honestly can't think of anything that isn't just minor nitpicking.
Their is pretty active and they don't treat non-patrons like outcasts. I'd say their public channel is the busiest of all. Kent and Stoya mingle a lot, and sometimes even get cornered for the odd spoiler. They also have a LiveStream scheduled for Saturday I think.

• Wow
Reactions: MV_1999 and DavDR
Sep 3, 2020
So, I just want to get one thing straight since I was left a little confused. Are we now in the present day, or is the MC still telling his story at the bar?
can you believe I just got done playing the update I was hesitant to play this update because the last update made me really angry and left a bad taste in my mouth

but the update was actually pretty good it actually move the story forward and it didn't feel like anime filler

I was so happy when we got to beat the shit out of that rapist
the MC and his sister they are my number one couple
I'm glad to see that we're actually seeing them move forward

in their relationship I cant wait to see them become a couple hopefully those ridiculous misunderstandings

are behind them

I was worried that the entire game story was them being mad at each other and constant misunderstandings

I almost forgot to mention since the MC and his sister are my favorite couple does anybody feel uncomfortable seeing them being intimate with other people

Last edited:

Deleted member 2808342

Cliffhanger Vendor
Game Developer
Sep 4, 2020
When I mean harem in this context I don't mean the crazy fuckfest. It's why I try to distinguish between hard and soft harem. Where the emphasis in the soft harem is romance. Usually the trope is that you develop such a strong bond/relationship with multiple women that they think it unfair you have to break up with anyone so they all agree to share. It's obviously not really realistic but I just find it appealing as pure fantasy.

Some games already have this kind of 'soft harem', you have BaDIK's Josy and Maya throuple for example, (also Acting Lessons but we don't talk about that). Or "romantic sharing" with kinda what AOA Academy is going for. Coming to Grips with Christine's middle "sharing" ending is perhaps my favourite example of this. Chasing Sunsets could easily go in a Jaye + Tara semi-throuple ending from what we've seen so far, for example. Honestly it doesn't matter to me that much whether there's harem here, good writing is good writing regardless, I'm trying to argue against the notion that harems are always bad writing.

Also as I said, this is fantasy fulfilment. If want to be an ultra stud and sleep around a bit and get women to love me so much they're willing to be "open minded", because I'm just a romantic handsome and awesome guy I'm not going to complain too much. Obviously you can go too far in this direction, like WVM, but even then it's still mindless fun.
One of the important things for us in the portrayal of this story was that most of the relationships seem plausible, even if improbable.

This is one of the reasons there is no threesome on the bed with Erica and Linda. While incesty threesomes almost certainly happen somewhere in the world every day, they are typically probably not spur-of-the-moment like that. They would likely follow either a non-consensual route (which we don't plan to do here) or have a very slow build up along the lines of what is done over the course of Power Vacuum. (Quite literally my favorite dialogue in any VN at the moment!)

We'll take some artistic license of course. This is still fiction, and nobody wants to read through six years of build-up to see forward motion in principal relationships. We are well aware that one of the reasons people consume entertainment like this is to escape reality. At the same time, no build-up leads to anticlimactic or robotic scenes with no emotional catharsis. We will strive to strike a balance.

One thing I will say is that in the "present" timeline, the MC will generally have agency in who he has sex with. The only forced encounters will be revisiting historical events like Tara's send-off. If we make an exception here, it will only be when the MC has committed to a path and is firmly on it. Your girl(s) may have their own ideas on when they expect you to put out. We'll try to keep that to a minimum or avoid it entirely, however. I mean, if the girl you've been chasing for six chapters wants to give you a lewd scene and you want to skip it, why not?

On a side note, we do intend to subvert the trope that every woman wants the MC. You'll begin to see that in Chapter 3. :) His charms are certainly not universal.

Last edited:

LSC82

Jul 27, 2020
When I mean harem in this context I don't mean the crazy fuckfest. It's why I try to distinguish between hard and soft harem. Where the emphasis in the soft harem is romance. Usually the trope is that you develop such a strong bond/relationship with multiple women that they think it unfair you have to break up with anyone so they all agree to share. It's obviously not really realistic but I just find it appealing as pure fantasy.

Some games already have this kind of 'soft harem', you have BaDIK's Josy and Maya throuple for example, (also Acting Lessons but we don't talk about that). Or "romantic sharing" with kinda what AOA Academy is going for. Coming to Grips with Christine's middle "sharing" ending is perhaps my favourite example of this. Chasing Sunsets could easily go in a Jaye + Tara semi-throuple ending from what we've seen so far, for example. Honestly it doesn't matter to me that much whether there's harem here, good writing is good writing regardless, I'm trying to argue against the notion that harems are always bad writing.

Also as I said, this is fantasy fulfilment. If want to be an ultra stud and sleep around a bit and get women to love me so much they're willing to be "open minded", because I'm just a romantic handsome and awesome guy I'm not going to complain too much. Obviously you can go too far in this direction, like WVM, but even then it's still mindless fun.
Personally i think (hard)harems are fine if the writing embraces the ridiculousness of the situation and plays it for fun.
Playing it straight, as a "thoughtful drama" is where it breaks the story.

Sep 3, 2020
One of the important things for us in the portrayal of this story was that most of the relationships seem plausible, even if improbable.

This is one of the reasons there is no threesome on the bed with Erica and Linda. While incesty threesomes almost certainly happen somewhere in the world every day, they are typically probably not spur-of-the-moment like that. They would likely follow either a non-consensual route (which we don't plan to do here) or have a very slow build up along the lines of what is done over the course of Power Vacuum. (Quite literally my favorite dialogue in any VN at the moment!)

We'll take some artistic license of course. This is still fiction, and nobody wants to read through six years of build-up to see forward motion in principal relationships. We are well aware that one of the reasons people consume entertainment like this is to escape reality. At the same time, no build-up leads to anticlimactic or robotic scenes with no emotional catharsis. We will strive to strike a balance.

One thing I will say is that in the "present" timeline, the MC will generally have agency in who he has sex with. The only forced encounters will be revisiting historical events like Tara's send-off. If we make an exception here, it will only be when the MC has committed to a path and is firmly on it. Your girl(s) may have their own ideas on when they expect you to put out. We'll try to keep that to a minimum or avoid it entirely, however. I mean, if the girl you've been chasing for six chapters wants to give you a lewd scene and you want to skip it, why not?

On a side note, we do intend to subvert the trope that every woman wants the MC. You'll begin to see that in Chapter 3. :) His charms are certainly not universal.
so if I want to focus on the sister and no one else I can do that
please tell me that there will not be any forced harem
or any Force Treeway

because I'm a one-woman kind of man

Deleted member 2808342

Cliffhanger Vendor
Game Developer
Sep 4, 2020
so if I want to focus on the sister and no one else I can do that
please tell me that there will not be any forced harem
or any Force Treeway

because I'm a one-woman kind of man
There is no forced harem, nor has a harem option even been advertised. There is no forced intimate relationship to get a "good" ending to the game at all.

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020

I have many preferences in games, and may occasionally write about them on this thread, but please ignore all that and write the game that you want to write. You're doing magnificently so far, and I can't wait to see where this story takes us.

Reactions: Ohcray

Deleted member 2808342

Cliffhanger Vendor
Game Developer
Sep 4, 2020
Someday I plan on starting a thread entitled Bad MC Haircut's, so that we can debate which MC has the worst. It should be quite the lively debate.
Male character assets for DAZ are certainly more limited than female, and hair for all characters is a compromise between posability, appearance, flexibility, and suitability for everyday use. We have a trial hair asset under custom development with a 3D modeler, but the experience has damaged our friendship, requires three health and welfare checkups by emergency services per day, and possibly the prescription of sedatives. We frequently joke that all characters in subsequent projects will be bald.

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
Male character assets for DAZ are certainly more limited than female, and hair for all characters is a compromise between posability, appearance, flexibility, and suitability for everyday use. We have a trial hair asset under custom development with a 3D modeler, but the experience has damaged our friendship, requires three health and welfare checkups by emergency services per day, and possibly the prescription of sedatives. We frequently joke that all characters in subsequent projects will be bald.
See, it's a fascinating topic. I'll have the best thread evah!

Seriously though, I had no idea that Daz had such problems with hair. I wonder if some of the gaming models are in any way adaptable. There's a wealth of good hair designs on Modder platforms like Nexus.

Vasy

Mar 21, 2017
Someday I plan on starting a thread entitled Bad MC Haircut's, so that we can debate which MC has the worst. It should be quite the lively debate.
I fear it'd be a short thread, because nothing can beat that goddamned pompadour that ends up on ~35 percent of male Daz 3D character models.

4.60 star(s) 308 Votes