4.60 star(s) 308 Votes
Dec 29, 2018
It's pretty funny how the game tells you that "Conversation Hubs are designed to generally reward emotional intelligence", and then it immediately rewards you for impulsively committing a felony.

I don't trust George enough to break the law for him at a moments notice. He claims that Christian won't be able to press charges because he doesn't know which country the MV Sunset is registered to, but I would assume that his uncle's law firm could be able to look that up. And that would only give them more leverage to use as they try to destroy our company.

Sadly, I can't voice any of these concerns. The closest I can get is to say "Help him off yourself. He's not my problem." Which makes it seem like I'm not interested in any of the ongoings at all. I am interested, but I would rather be a bit more methodical about it. George then condescendingly chastises us by saying that we never miss an opportunity to miss an opportunity, and we aren't allowed to retort at all. It appears that being an obedient attack dog is a sign of "emotional intelligence" and while the better part of valour is not.

I replayed the scene later to beat the guy up, since he really does deserve as many beatings as he can get, and then I got three choices on how to respond to Jaye. Two were to say that we didn't leave because of her behaviour, so I took the only option where he doesn't say that. It didn't matter though, because of the godawful flashback scene with Tara. But that's a whole other kettle of fish to fry.

It seems that the way to be rewarded for your "emotional intelligence" is to do everything Jaye wants, take all the blame, carefully tip toe around her feelings, and never stand up for yourself. That's not healthy, especially when dealing with someone like Jaye.

Jaye hasn't really changed much at all. She is still a drama queen. She is still expecting her brother to obey her unspoken whims. She is still a violent and impulsive person. She is still a massive hypocrite. She is still obnoxiously annoying and extremely creepy.

I didn't like the big talk with Jaye, because we weren't allowed to confront her about her behaivor. The game also seems to be trying to retcon some things to make Jaye seem less awful, but it just makes the main character look like an even bigger idiot instead.

One of the questions Jaye asks is "Why did you ghost me when we were little?", which is odd because she already knows that. It's the whole reason why she was angry with him, and why she refused to ever walk with him to school again. This was explicitly explained to us during the conversation at the bar. She was mad that he made a choice that affected her without asking her about it first.

Jaye also reveals that she became popular for punching Jenna in the throat. Apparently, news of this big event never made it's way around to him, which is difficult to believe. It also further establishes Jaye as a violent and unstable person, which is very concerning considering her obsession with us.

Jaye acts more like a stalker than someone who is actually in love, as shown at the end of the update where she sneaks into the MC's room to read his journal and masturbate on his pillow. Fuck that shit. I was worried when Fiona did something similar, but at least she had the decency to be honest and forthright about it. Can't say the same for Jaye.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
It's pretty funny how the game tells you that "Conversation Hubs are designed to generally reward emotional intelligence", and then it immediately rewards you for impulsively committing a felony.

I don't trust George enough to break the law for him at a moments notice. He claims that Christian won't be able to press charges because he doesn't know which country the MV Sunset is registered to, but I would assume that his uncle's law firm could be able to look that up. And that would only give them more leverage to use as they try to destroy our company.

Sadly, I can't voice any of these concerns. The closest I can get is to say "Help him off yourself. He's not my problem." Which makes it seem like I'm not interested in any of the ongoings at all. I am interested, but I would rather be a bit more methodical about it. George then condescendingly chastises us by saying that we never miss an opportunity to miss an opportunity, and we aren't allowed to retort at all. It appears that being an obedient attack dog is a sign of "emotional intelligence" and while the better part of valour is not.

I replayed the scene later to beat the guy up, since he really does deserve as many beatings as he can get, and then I got three choices on how to respond to Jaye. Two were to say that we didn't leave because of her behaviour, so I took the only option where he doesn't say that. It didn't matter though, because of the godawful flashback scene with Tara. But that's a whole other kettle of fish to fry.

It seems that the way to be rewarded for your "emotional intelligence" is to do everything Jaye wants, take all the blame, carefully tip toe around her feelings, and never stand up for yourself. That's not healthy, especially when dealing with someone like Jaye.

Jaye hasn't really changed much at all. She is still a drama queen. She is still expecting her brother to obey her unspoken whims. She is still a violent and impulsive person. She is still a massive hypocrite. She is still obnoxiously annoying and extremely creepy.

I didn't like the big talk with Jaye, because we weren't allowed to confront her about her behaivor. The game also seems to be trying to retcon some things to make Jaye seem less awful, but it just makes the main character look like an even bigger idiot instead.

One of the questions Jaye asks is "Why did you ghost me when we were little?", which is odd because she already knows that. It's the whole reason why she was angry with him, and why she refused to ever walk with him to school again. This was explicitly explained to us during the conversation at the bar. She was mad that he made a choice that affected her without asking her about it first.

Jaye also reveals that she became popular for punching Jenna in the throat. Apparently, news of this big event never made it's way around to him, which is difficult to believe. It also further establishes Jaye as a violent and unstable person, which is very concerning considering her obsession with us.

Jaye acts more like a stalker than someone who is actually in love, as shown at the end of the update where she sneaks into the MC's room to read his journal and masturbate on his pillow. Fuck that shit. I was worried when Fiona did something similar, but at least she had the decency to be honest and forthright about it. Can't say the same for Jaye.
You will not make friends with what you said, even if some of those points are valid questions or points from a less positive outlook on Jaye. :p

Mortarion

Donor
Oct 22, 2017

Somehow i believe, i have played a diffrent game that you. You put all the blame - or call it hate, like you wish - towards Jaye. But keep in mind that both are equal resposible from this complete mess, just because the lack of communication. For a fight are always two needed, both have pulled of some borderline retardet bullshit that leads to this situation.

Deleted member 2412505

May 31, 2020

I do think most of your point is valid. But you won't be receiving grand parade for standing your ground here cause some people likes to SIMP extremely hard here.
Jaye was massive pain in the ass in the past. Now maybe a little less. Though she still is a hypocrite for reading mc's diary and to make matter worse she also musturbated.

Deleted member 2412505

May 31, 2020
Somehow i believe, i have played a diffrent game that you. You put all the blame - or call it hate, like you wish - towards Jaye. But keep in mind that both are equal resposible from this complete mess, just because the lack of communication. For a fight are always two needed, both have pulled of some borderline retardet bullshit that leads to this situation.
Mc is not ideal good guy. He is indeed an idiot. And it takes two hands to make a clap. But if you do compare bs of both people, mc is surely not the bigger one.

Retrofire

Jul 4, 2019

"Conversation Hubs" are when you have the ability to choose in what order a conversation plays out. Not every choice is a conversation hub. AFAIK the one present in Chapter 2 is when you talk with Jaye in your room. Points are also not the only rewards in the game, according to the Saturday livestream. While the point rewards to the choice you mentioned may be similar, the devs assured us the ripple effect for how you "commit your felony" or not (because that's a choice too) will have ripple effects beyond points.

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
Well I do follow OP walkthrough and always end up 9/10 trust. That's why I asked.
All JayeT points (and the pre-requite to achieve it if there is one) are listed in the walkthru. So the only way you could have followed the walkthru and still not achieve 10/10 is if you didn't follow the walkthru exactly. I suggest you better read the walkthru more carefully and try again.

Real Kreten

Apr 10, 2020

Let me address some of aspects you mentioned in your post.

Eviction of Christian from Sunset.
Christian is MC`s problem in more than one way. If you want refrain from violence, you could get Jaye`s back and let her do eviction.

Why MC left
MC`s history is given, that mean his reason for departure at the end of prologue. We know about two reason now, which are given. You can always take “It is in past” choice if you don’t want to be much friendly. It was 5 year ago, so why be still angry about it.

Jaye
I see that you still have some issues with Jaye. Wait for other updates, because the talk isn’t finished. We will get chance to address other discords in future. If you will still have problems with Jaye, you will have chance prioritize which girl spent time with.

Other point was addressed by Retrofire already.

Dec 29, 2018
I've seen a lot of people here rightfully criticize the main character for shutting out his sister, reading her diary, blurting out her most embarrassing secret in the middle of a party, and leaving town without even saying goodbye. But strangely enough, I don't think that I've seen anyone here complain about the single worst thing that the main character ever did. And that is... him thinking that Greedo shooting the wall was a good change.

WHO THINKS THAT?!

Every part of that scene is made worse by that change. The cantina is supposed to be the most wretched hive of scum and villainy, so it made sense for Han to preemptively shoot Greedo dead in order to save his own hide. Greedo is now hilariously incompetent, because he missed a stationary target sitting right across from him by a full foot. Han needed that scene to show that he was out to protect himself at all times in order for his refusal to take part in the assault on the Death Star to be in character, which in turn made his return at the end of the trench run a big moment for him.

What is the main character going to say next? That he liked it when Han stepped on Jabba's tail? Or that he thinks the new krayt dragon call was better than the original? Will he insist that the prequel and Disney trilogies were good?

Deleted member 2808342

Cliffhanger Vendor
Game Developer
Sep 4, 2020
I've seen a lot of people here rightfully criticize the main character for shutting out his sister, reading her diary, blurting out her most embarrassing secret in the middle of a party, and leaving town without even saying goodbye. But strangely enough, I don't think that I've seen anyone here complain about the single worst thing that the main character ever did. And that is... him thinking that Greedo shooting the wall was a good change.

WHO THINKS THAT?!

Every part of that scene is made worse by that change. The cantina is supposed to be the most wretched hive of scum and villainy, so it made sense for Han to preemptively shoot Greedo dead in order to save his own hide. Greedo is now hilariously incompetent, because he missed a stationary target sitting right across from him by a full foot. Han needed that scene to show that he was out to protect himself at all times in order for his refusal to take part in the assault on the Death Star to be in character, which in turn made his return at the end of the trench run a big moment for him.

What is the main character going to say next? That he liked it when Han stepped on Jabba's tail? Or that he thinks the new krayt dragon call was better than the original? Will he insist that the prequel and Disney trilogies were good?
Normally I'd let speculation run rampant here, but this is something that was left on the cutting room floor, so I'll add some flavor to it.

Jaye's take is clearly the correct one on the Star Wars controversy, and young MC is more of an idealist. By the time he arrives in Honduras, he's already seeing the world in shades of gray, which he hints at when he's talking to David.

In the original Prologue, when MC left home, he was actually going to enter Jaye's room and leave his Han Solo action figure on her nightstand before leaving to let her know symbolically that he'd had a change of heart. Unfortunately, the copyright language around the Han Solo DAZ asset was very specific about how it can be used, and our project definitely did not qualify.

It felt safer being a pair of poor devs already upside-down on our development costs to NOT tempt Disney's lawyers. :)

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020

I too had noticed the apparent error in the questions between MC and Jaye. at this putno I think it's some sort of retcon, in that even if for some reason the parents never told Jaye about it, for whatever reason, MC should have shown a modicum of surprise at seeing his sister still completely unaware of anything.
I think Jaye did the right thing to read her brother's diaries, otherwise it wouldn't have been enough to read all 9 chapters to understand what he did with Tara... it took them 5 years to unlock a mobile phone...

joking aside, theirs is a relationship that between misunderstandings and mistakes really risked to be already lost, Jaye is justified in forcing the events, reading the private diary of another is a relative guilt. as MC had been at the time.

I was already more annoyed by the fact that she wanted to test Mc by bringing Christian on the ship, there hasn't been any real clarification between the 2 yet and it doesn't seem to me a good idea to bring on the ship the very one who made the situation degenerate, Jaye should be ashamed of how she behaved the night of MC's farewell, instead she decides to make him relive it, because she wants to test him, they haven't made up yet and she already wants to test him. I don't like it

Reactions: mofonistik

Retrofire

Jul 4, 2019
Yes, and doesn't she acknowledge that she is a hypocrite?
There's a lot of nuance on how the siblings grew apart yet stayed in each others' orbit after the Jenna incident.

-MC specifically tells Walter that Jaye didn't take it well that he had tried to decide what was best for her after overhearing Jenna. To me, this implies the parents DID talk to Jaye and she was pissed that MC made the choice for both of them.

-It seems to me that pride got in the way of both of their feelings because MC also tells Walter about their continued ritual of attending each others' sports and exchanging birthday gifts. To me, anyway, that implies the love never faded, it was just expressed from a safe distance.

-While not canon in-game yet, the devs have said there will be other views into childhood events that flesh out their hot/cold connection in more detail as the story continues.

-I didn't see bringing Christian to the yacht as a test, even though Jaye admits to being curious about how she and MC would handle it. She sends a mental apology to her dad in the helicopter saying "I didn't know what else to do..." I took it as more of "This confrontation is going to happen anyway, but this way we kill all the birds with one stone."

-Dev disagreed in Discord when somebody pointed out that Tara could have put the whole thing to rest on Graduation Night by telling MC that Jaye had feelings for him after the party with this statement:

Stoya — 05/11/2021
I'm going to Boomer a little bit here and provide a peek behind the curtain of my thought process on Alex leaving. If Alex and Jaye had gotten together at 18 by "just talking," their relationship would have been doomed. Both had a lot of maturing to do before they were ready to tackle a real relationship, much less one with the added stress of their familial ties. Tara helping Alex leave back then could ultimately be the only reason they can be together now if they decide to be. They needed the space and personal development to be good partners, whether in business or in bed.
I remember a lot of people had bad feels at the end of Summer with Mia, where the MC spends the entire game being a selfish, rapey douche and then gets all choked up when his sister leaves at the end. What this really did was set the stage for Summer with Mia 2, now that time has passed, and hopefully the MC has grown into a guy deserving of Mia. Just saying that I see parallels here.

-Another interesting tidbit from Saturday's livestream was that MC wasn't living the high-life on the road. Not sure if he was "cut off" from the family money or too proud to ask for it. He had a relatively modest trust fund set aside for his tuition and books, but he and David apparently did odd jobs as they traveled to support themselves. More details on that will apparently be revealed in future talks with Jaye and George, but there was a reason MC took the instructor work at the ski lodge and felt motivated to attend a "free" concert in Mongolia.

Last edited:

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
There's a lot of nuance on how the siblings grew apart yet stayed in each others' orbit after the Jenna incident.

-MC specifically tells Walter that Jaye didn't take it well that he had tried to decide what was best for her after overhearing Jenna. To me, this implies the parents DID talk to Jaye and she was pissed that MC made the choice for both of them.

-It seems to me that pride got in the way of both of their feelings because MC also tells Walter about their continued ritual of attending each others' sports and exchanging birthday gifts. To me, anyway, that implies the love never faded, it was just expressed from a safe distance.

-While not canon in-game yet, the devs have said there will be other views into childhood events that flesh out their hot/cold connection in more detail as the story continues.

-Dev disagreed in Discord when somebody pointed out that Tara could have put the whole thing to rest on Graduation Night by telling MC that Jaye had feelings for him after the party with this statement:

-Another interesting tidbit from Saturday's livestream was that MC wasn't living the high-life on the road. Not sure if he was "cut off" from the family money or too proud to ask for it. He had a relatively modest trust fund set aside for his tuition and books, but he and David apparently did odd jobs as they traveled to support themselves. More details on that will apparently be revealed in future talks with Jaye and George, but there was a reason MC took the instructor work at the ski lodge and felt motivated to attend a "free" concert in Mongolia.
very interesting reflection on Tara, and I quite agree.
Of course in this way Tara besides being the friend we all would like to have also shows remarkable powers of divination, because it's true that in that moment it was too early, but it wasn't at all sure there would have been another occasion (we still don't know yet..), Tara wanted to stop him, she was willing to do practically anything to make him change his mind, and in front of failure even a desperate gesture like betraying her friend's secret could be faced. but it would have been another story.... :D

less credible seems to me the defense on the lifestyle of MC, let's pretend that he always traveled as a stowaway, and that he slept in makeshift places before and after safe shelters offered by David. but for example going on K2 costs a lot, it is not a trip that you pay with two ski lessons, and even if he did not directly exploit his money but that of David (such as in Sicily) it changes little in substance. Mc did 5 years on sabbatical as anyone would dream of, never setting himself any limits. between the two, Jaye did much worse in this.

Retrofire

Jul 4, 2019
very interesting reflection on Tara, and I quite agree.
Of course in this way Tara besides being the friend we all would like to have also shows remarkable powers of divination, because it's true that in that moment it was too early, but it wasn't at all sure there would have been another occasion (we still don't know yet..), Tara wanted to stop him, she was willing to do practically anything to make him change his mind, and in front of failure even a desperate gesture like betraying her friend's secret could be faced. but it would have been another story.... :D

less credible seems to me the defense on the lifestyle of MC, let's pretend that he always traveled as a stowaway, and that he slept in makeshift places before and after safe shelters offered by David. but for example going on K2 costs a lot, it is not a trip that you pay with two ski lessons, and even if he did not directly exploit his money but that of David (such as in Sicily) it changes little in substance. Mc did 5 years on sabbatical as anyone would dream of, never setting himself any limits. between the two, Jaye did much worse in this.
Fair points. I would offer only this in counterpoint: Even as children living at home, the value of money was ingrained into the children. James makes MC mow the lawn of their modest home in spite of the parents having enough money to both live in a much larger/more exclusive home and afford a groundskeeper.

Tuition for Stanford (where MC was apparently going) for a four year degree is just under $300,000 according to Google. It seems credible to me that somebody with both an appreciation of the value of money and an eye for budget travel could make that stretch some distance, though you're 100% correct that a K2 climb would be very costly.

4.60 star(s) 308 Votes