4.60 star(s) 308 Votes

Terminator_26F

Apr 1, 2019
Keep cool, guys. It's just a magnificent story told superbly by its designers in a beautiful graphic environment. Enjoy the trip and if you don't like it, no fights, do like the creators of CS, write and publish your own story and let them develop theirs in their own way.

Reactions: MV_1999

bosp

Jan 3, 2018
Although I agree with 90%+ what your posts say, you found way to prevent me every time from like them with form of comunication you use. :LOL:
I get you, no hard feelings, believe me playing the role of a cynical asshole is not easy but I manage.
Threads on F95 would be far less entertaining without people stirring up the pot with a slightly unorthodox approach to the matter at hand.

Just because you lack the "emotional intelligence" to come up with good ways to have Tara returns in her own game doesn't mean Stoya does.
But please. Do continue to passive/agressively insult people who don't think like you do.

Also no one asking for Tara being the main LI ? Kinda obvious you are not reading some of the posts here.
Seems to me you're hellbend on having your cake the way you want it when you want it instead of giving the creators of the game some credits (as you should since you know, they're the one who came up with the characters you like), and let them tell their story and surprise you.
Your repetitive "Tara" lobbying is getting old and you should learn when to give up and move on when you've been told times and times again it was not meant to happen by the devs.
Also learn to be a bit more polite with people who don't see eye to eye with your takes. I won't take up as nicely you calling people retards the next time.
Why, thank you for the kind words patachous.
My comment was not aimed directly at you, it was more of a slight poke at Stoya since he knows me better and doesn't mind exchanging wits about stuff we disagree on but... if you found yourself offended, I sincerely apologize. I keep forgetting that people "on the internet" can be very touchy about direct and blunt comments.

I am definitely not forcing anyone to look at things my way, I am simply voicing my opinion in a forum thread.

And no, I was never a big Tara proponent, especially not for getting Tara to LI status. I like her as a very good supporting character - story asset.

My reasoning was/is very simple: if you have a good asset (in this case, Tara) that has proven to be loved by your audience - use it as best as you can.
This does not necessarily require any big deviation from the main story/script.
The idea of minimizing her further role in the game on account of possibly giving her the main role in a new game is, at least in my opinion, deeply flawed.
That train has already left the station - she played a significant role in this game and is forever strongly linked with the main protagonists of the story. Starting a new "Tara" game would not produce the desired results because the audience would still remember her role in CS very vividly and would not be able to accept a side story set apart from the main participants of CS.
Simple as that.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
I get you, no hard feelings, believe me playing the role of a cynical asshole is not easy but I manage.
Threads on F95 would be far less entertaining without people stirring up the pot with a slightly unorthodox approach to the matter at hand.

Why, thank you for the kind words patachous.
My comment was not aimed directly at you, it was more of a slight poke at Stoya since he knows me better and doesn't mind exchanging wits about stuff we disagree on but... if you found yourself offended, I sincerely apologize. I keep forgetting that people "on the internet" can be very touchy about direct and blunt comments.

I am definitely not forcing anyone to look at things my way, I am simply voicing my opinion in a forum thread.

And no, I was never a big Tara proponent, especially not for getting Tara to LI status. I like her as a very good supporting character - story asset.

My reasoning was/is very simple: if you have a good asset (in this case, Tara) that has proven to be loved by your audience - use it as best as you can.
This does not necessarily require any big deviation from the main story/script.
The idea of minimizing her further role in the game on account of possibly giving her the main role in a new game is, at least in my opinion, deeply flawed.
That train has already left the station - she played a significant role in this game and is forever strongly linked with the main protagonists of the story. Starting a new "Tara" game would not produce the desired results because the audience would still remember her role in CS very vividly and would not be able to accept a side story set apart from the main participants of CS.
Simple as that.
Yeah and that would be in a game with another male MC that would go for Tara. Making next game with a female MC would have that and other consequences. Though you will possibly attract new players that never play male MC games you will also lose all those people that you attracted that dislike playing female MC games. I have never seen a game here that made transferring a female character from one game to another beyond a cameo appearance a success, unless she was the mc in both games and the second a direct sequel.

Likely has to do with how we play these games and the reasons we do.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
DEVs are logical, even if it seems a shame that Tara is reduced to a supporting role. Indeed, she is Jaye's best friend and she has been around the MC since early childhood. She is aware that sooner or later the MC and Jaye will end up together for good. And she doesn't want to interfere with them (no cheating !!). It makes sense (and painful!)
I really miss the point

what does logic have to do with the disappearance of a secondary character from the story who was practically present from the beginning? in a story with a brother who loves is adoptive sister...

will the story be beautiful anyway? probably yes, and that's what we all hope for

your certainty that Tara would never go any further (when in fact she has sex with Mc after he declares that he won't change his mind and that he's leaving anyway) takes away any drama from the scene

it just becomes a sex scene in anticipation of sex with the LIs, if Tara had paid him a prostitute resembling Jaye it would have been the same

Soundgfx

May 4, 2020
I really miss the point

what does logic have to do with the disappearance of a secondary character from the story who was practically present from the beginning? in a story with a brother who loves is adoptive sister...

will the story be beautiful anyway? probably yes, and that's what we all hope for

your certainty that Tara would never go any further (when in fact she has sex with Mc after he declares that he won't change his mind and that he's leaving anyway) takes away any drama from the scene

it just becomes a sex scene in anticipation of sex with the LIs, if Tara had paid him a prostitute resembling Jaye it would have been the same
That's a fairly reasonable assesment tho, it's really a shame tara is relegated into supporting role.

I'm sure the Devs didn't really expected tara to be so popular, their fault anyway because they made her so hot and her first appearance after the funeral made her seem like the only sane (wo)man.

I'm pretty sure they already planned an overarching storyline between all these characters and that relegating tara to LI status would mean rewriting alot of things. Since the relationship screen at the end the recent episodes established only two characters as major love interests.

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
The wife of the french Captain ... OK, I go out !
It's a more logical guess than any, she might actually be present. I was thinking it could be Amanda, but that would have Mallory inviting someone onto a yacht that isn't hers. Maybe even Fiona?

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
That's a fairly reasonable assesment tho, it's really a shame tara is relegated into supporting role.

I'm sure the Devs didn't really expected tara to be so popular, their fault anyway because they made her so hot and her first appearance after the funeral made her seem like the only sane (wo)man.

I'm pretty sure they already planned an overarching storyline between all these characters and that relegating tara to LI status would mean rewriting alot of things. Since the relationship screen at the end the recent episodes established only two characters as major love interests.
I have no problem with Tara not being an LIs, I assure you.

But if they thought she could disappear like that, I think they were wrong, and not because of how much "we" like Tara, but because of what they've made her do so far.

Then the story will be great anyway

bosp

Jan 3, 2018
Ok, let's stop beating around the bush and ask the real question here:
Would Tara, given the chance, accept polyamorous relations with her best friend and lover (Jaye) and the only guy she ever had eyes for (our MC)?
I think that is a given.
There is simply no reason why one of the CS story endings would not swing that way.

Reactions: DA22

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
I have no problem with Tara not being an LIs, I assure you.

But if they thought she could disappear like that, I think they were wrong, and not because of how much "we" like Tara, but because of what they've made her do so far.

Then the story will be great anyway
Well they can if rest of the story more or less plays on that boat or another place where it is likely she will not be present, but even then to not deal with the Jaye/Tara relation that even if they say is not there because they are not lesbians :) has been there for well over 15 years by time the story takes place will feel very strange and unsatisfying like a loose end and not one that is unimportant in the past history of both Jaye especially and Mc to a lesser degree.

It will feel like Jaye dumped not only her part time lover but also best friend even if she will not be able to get in a romantic relationship with MC if we as MC for whatever reason think that relationship would not be wise. That even goes beyond fact that more or less dumping your best friend and keep her away from you is not a nice thing to do even if Jaye gets her wish to get romantically involved with MC, she is Jaye's best friend and sex toy(well that is what we are led to assume since they are not lesbian or in a relation and we as players may wonder why Tara as she is is OK with that in the first place considering her feelings for MC and Jaye) for years after all, not just a passing acquaintance. :p Not even talking about MC/tara relationship over all those years and impact it would have on that in hindsight for characters, like that aforementioned sex scene mentioned by others that would lose a lot of its shine and impact.

Personally I do not think that makes game stronger after setup first two chapters, but I may well agree after the end of the game with the devs that they made best choice. Just I do not see it yet and if it is for another game with Tara as a main, well I set out above in an earlier post why I think that is not a very good idea in the first place. Then her role in this game should have been way smaller and less impactful, more cameo like only, now it is too late. Not even talking about commercial risk of swapping between male and female leads in your various games.

Last edited:
Reactions: felicemastronzo

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
Ok, let's stop beating around the bush and ask the real question here:
Would Tara, given the chance, accept polyamorous relations with her best friend and lover (Jaye) and the only guy she ever had eyes for (our MC)?
I think that is a given.
There is simply no reason why one of the CS story endings would not swing that way.
Despite their physical intimacy, based on Tara's own statements, Tara and Jaye do not share an emotional bond that would support such a relationship. While it's possible that the women would accept the polyamorous relationship you describe, it's far from a sure thing. Consider that if it failed to mature the existing relationship between Tara and Jaye could be forever lost, or as Tara mentioned to the MC, in the context of a relationship between the two of them, changed in ways that she would find unacceptable.

Reactions: DavDR

Hellkinglucifer

Apr 29, 2020
Despite their physical intimacy, based on Tara's own statements, Tara and Jaye do not share an emotional bond that would support such a relationship. While it's possible that the women would accept the polyamorous relationship you describe, it's far from a sure thing. Consider that if it failed to mature the existing relationship between Tara and Jaye could be forever lost, or as Tara mentioned to the MC, in the context of a relationship between the two of them, changed in ways that she would find unacceptable.
Let's be honest here the main reason Tara is rarely seen in the game is because she is too much of a competition for Jaye and Mallory and dev can't have any of that especially with how unlikable Jaye was portrayed in the first 2 updates. Punching both v-cards, loving MC as kids and being a pseudo-relationship with jaye for years is too much ammunition for a side character. The plan is Jaye is the main LI and mallory is here for people don't like Jaye, Tara would steal players from both so bye bye Tara.

Reactions: bosp

bosp

Jan 3, 2018
It's a story and, like in real life, things are not always what they seem or tend to end how we think they would end.
Possibilities and possible chains of events that lead to a particular "end game" are only limited by the author's imagination.
Despite our different outlooks on some aspects of various dramatic moments in CS so far, I have faith in Stoya. :)

Reactions: MV_1999 and DA22
4.60 star(s) 308 Votes