4.60 star(s) 308 Votes

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Despite their physical intimacy, based on Tara's own statements, Tara and Jaye do not share an emotional bond that would support such a relationship. While it's possible that the women would accept the polyamorous relationship you describe, it's far from a sure thing. Consider that if it failed to mature the existing relationship between Tara and Jaye could be forever lost, or as Tara mentioned to the MC, in the context of a relationship between the two of them, changed in ways that she would find unacceptable.
Well based on that spoilered mention of devs that change in relationship between Jaye and Tara will happen anyway, whether Jaye will get in romantic relationship with MC or we as MC decide to not give her a chance for that. So Tara loses out either way as best friend and occasional lover of Jaye and after the role and importance she was set up to at least two main characters in game with in first two chapters will fall away by the roadside without any real ending to her story, nor will be likely to make me like Jaye more for allowing that to happen to her best friend without some good reasons given in game why she would do so beyond her mutual obsession with MC. :)

As I said above that feels like an unsatisfying loose end to me right now. I might change my mind at end of game though when saw whole story.

Edit: Just her being in another game though where it would be explained will not make me change my mind, cause it will keep her a loose end in this game and this game has to be able to stand on its own with story told and its own internal logic. Besides it being extremely unlikely if she would be the female MC of that game I would ever find out, since I do not play female MC games as a rule, not even if might be a bit curious. :p

I said before, devs made a smart move with letting the parents die so they did not have to go too much into their motivations and possible failings in the Jaye/MC relationship. Tara does not die though I assume so trying to gloss over her past with them and not letting that play a role in rest of game, will feel weird likely without having seen rest of game yet. Now it might make some sense if it is Tara herself who walks away from the two of them if serious enough reasons with less of an impact on perception on Jaye for me. We will see what devs have planned in time and if it will make sense to us at end of game.

Last edited:
Reactions: bosp

Terminator_26F

Apr 1, 2019
Honestly, I doubt the DEVs are considering a "harem" option. That wouldn't be in the spirit of this story which is, like it or not, centered around the MC and Jaye. These two protagonists had a difficult relationship which improved greatly in the last episode. They face complex issues relating to their parents' business, as well as the high probability that their death was not just an accident. And in this there is only Mallory who has an important role to play (beware of Motherfucker who maybe is not just a carrier of legal missives).

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Honestly, I doubt the DEVs are considering a "harem" option. That wouldn't be in the spirit of this story which is, like it or not, centered around the MC and Jaye. These two protagonists had a difficult relationship which improved greatly in the last episode. They face complex issues relating to their parents' business, as well as the high probability that their death was not just an accident. And in this there is only Mallory who has an important role to play (beware of Motherfucker who maybe is not just a carrier of legal missives).
Well devs said there will be four potential LI's if remember right so those will have to claim the spotlight soonish and will need to be introduced if they are none of the ladies we already know. So next updates of game will likely be less MC/Jaye centered and allow you to get a feel for the other LI's anyway including Mallory. Yeah I wish the devs luck with that, with how invested many of us are invested in Jaye by now. :p

Edit: Tara/Jaye option if devs would have decided to add that would not have been a harem of new girls though, but a throuple based upon their pasts with each other and MC that could have been made believable based on that or not as devs wish. Now it is in a way fine if devs do not wish to, their game even if I might have liked it. :p Letting tara fall by the roadside after chapter two though with how she was setup as being emotionally important to both Jaye and MC, but especially Jaye feels a bit unsatisfying to me right now. Now like I said I might change my mind by end of game when seen the whole story and it might make sense to me then or not.

Last edited:
Reactions: felicemastronzo

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I also think Mallory is one too many :unsure: :unsure:

I would rather make a game dedicated to her:eek:

:p:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Hermith

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
It never fails. Every time I find a game that I really like someone comes along and tries to make it a harem game. I mean it's not like there's a shortage of games with that topic, believe me I know. It's turned me off more games than I can count. So just let the dev's make the game that they want to make and stop trying to turn it into something that it's not.

• Angry
Reactions: Cernunnos.

BeingADikDik

Apr 17, 2021
It never fails. Every time I find a game that I really like someone comes along and tries to make it a harem game. I mean it's not like there's a shortage of games with that topic, believe me I know. It's turned me off more games than I can count. So just let the dev's make the game that they want to make and stop trying to turn it into something that it's not.
A harem path in a multiple-ending game isn't the same as a harem game.

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
Where was the part where I called for this to be a harem game?
" A harem path in a multiple-ending game isn't the same as a harem game. " But it is, you're still introducing the harem kink into the game. Why? Are there not enough harem games out there? Why do you have to advocate to introduce your kink into every game?

BeingADikDik

Apr 17, 2021
" A harem path in a multiple-ending game isn't the same as a harem game. " But it is, you're still introducing the harem kink into the game. Why? Are there not enough harem games out there? Why do you have to advocate to introduce your kink into every game?
Endings are optional. Just like any optional content, don't opt for it if you don't want it? There's lots of kinks I don't want in my games, but have no problem if they are present so long as they are avoidable.

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
Endings are optional. Just like any optional content, don't opt for it if you don't want it? There's lots of kinks I don't want in my games, but have no problem if they are present so long as they are avoidable.
For me personally, a harem "option" would ruin this game. Just like it ruins every other game where it's introduced.

BeingADikDik

Apr 17, 2021
For me personally, a harem "option" would ruin this game. Just like it ruins every other game where it's introduced.
That's why I said there is a difference between a harem ending and a harem game. In theory, a well written optional harem ending shouldn't detract from other paths. In practice, the quality of writing and depth of characterization is often insufficient to make the both the single-LI and harem paths be believable.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Choices in games distinguish them from kinetic novels - gamers get some sense of agency.
Our MC is carefree enough with many of his relationships that a harem could work.
Even if it is just to have, harem opposed to single redhead or single brunette,
it could spice things up.

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
That's why I said there is a difference between a harem ending and a harem game. In theory, a well written optional harem ending shouldn't detract from other paths. In practice, the quality of writing and depth of characterization is often insufficient to make the both the single-LI and harem paths be believable.
As Terminator_26F already pointed out, a harem ending isn't in the spirit of this game, as presented so far. IMHO there is no such thing as a believable harem game.

• Angry
4.60 star(s) 308 Votes