4.60 star(s) 308 Votes

Agrik

Sep 15, 2018
A completely vital and sane plot, very good graphics and an excellent menu - many developers have a lot to learn! (y) (y) (y)

humbaraci

Jul 25, 2020
I don't like playing v0.0000001 games. I realy like this one and now i have to wait for years. Sometimes i wish i can time travel to 5 years later. All my legendary games would be finished.

Reactions: JanisL and jish55

dimale7582

Jul 13, 2020
Content wise, this v0.1 was really impressive. Really looking forward to checking out chapter 1 when it gets released!

bosp

Jan 3, 2018
New renders look exceptionally good.
Your dedication to detail is commendable - something rarely seen in the majority of VNs nowadays.
Looks like Ch1 will be well worth the wait. :)

Reactions: QBaSS

ugulugulu

Feb 3, 2020
If it's a lake that is pretty much epped in between a mountain range or something similar like that, it works perfectly fine without any trees at all :p
And about the colors that's nitpicking on an advanced level, it's just a render ;b

maninx

Sep 11, 2018

Happy Sunday everyone!
Work is proceeding apace on the chapter 1 update. Kentyrr and I have been focused on the middle section of the update with a ton of progress, especially in art as our render factories have begun kicking out images at an amazing rate.
We have two more scenes to complete before our beta 1 is released to testers!
There does remain a bug in the current version of DAZ which is causing us some headaches with specific scenes: In short, iRay crashes if a plane intersects another object. We use planes for billboard crowd assets and weather effects, and some Chapter 1 scenes absolutely require them. We're hoping the bugfix arrives in relatively short order.
Right now, Chapter 1 sits about about 66% of the Prologue images and with the remaining scenes, we expect it to be somewhat larger than 0.1.
EviteGames has been kind enough to work out a gallery feature which we plan to implement in 0.2 as well!
Thanks everyone for your patience as we work to bring the new episode to life!
Our new rigs are up and running, and integrated into our workflows now. Kentyrr is posing about 3-4x faster than before, and I'm rendering the finished work at about the same improved rate. This means good things for our production cycles going forward.
This did, unfortunately, come at some short-term cost to our development cycle this time: We probably lost two weeks synchronizing libraries again and getting many gigabytes of assets and development material transferred properly between systems.
In other news, we see there already ports of the prologue that fans have made for the Android Platform and even a Russian translation!
We'll make another dev update after we receive feedback from our beta testers in in the next week or two.
Those of you who were left a little cold with the prologue ending with a loss will be happy to learn that Chapter 1 will end on a very different note. :)
In the meantime, happy holidays everyone! We'll post another update soon!
Why not make the backgrounds high poly too since you guys got the equipment for it or does it take too much time up?

It would look realistic if there were trees on those mountains and the sky being bluish white like winter rather than warm yellowish sunny like but i'm sensing a hinting of "chasing literal sunset" if that's so its cool XD
but if you do include it in the game i would suggest some changes
Other than that the render quality is top notch so keep up the good work. Goodluck.

patachoucs

Mar 26, 2020
If it's a lake that is pretty much epped in between a mountain range or something similar like that, it works perfectly fine without any trees at all :p
And about the colors that's nitpicking on an advanced level, it's just a render ;b
Ugu buddy you're prescient ? Someone's been having too much Spice !! :p Answering comments before they're posted XD

• Haha
Reactions: maninx

Mortarion

Donor
Oct 22, 2017
The render per se looks great on one side, on the other it looks wierd. Dont get me wrong i try to explain.

The transition from the shore or the water to the mountain is too straight. A small bay would loosen up the picture a bit and make it look more natural. I know, an argment for the straight transition could be the angle/pov of the observer.

Reactions: Repuci

maninx

Sep 11, 2018
Yeah could do without trees but trees to mask for the transition as there are no shore or banks that kinda makes it unrealistic i'm guessing the render is mostly photoshoped together of different scenes
anyway i'm not scolding his work or anything just giving my feedback on what can be improved and make it more realistic a huge amount of time is spent creating scenes in 3d so why not aim for the better results anyway.

Darkmetal

Jul 6, 2019
An impressive start. That the devs have put a lot of care and attention into their story is very evident so muchos kudos to them. Whether I personally continue to like this VN, however, is going to hinge on what paths are available for the player once the story opens out and some agency is given to the player. While the devs have promised that, the below still leads me to be a bit cautious.

There is one linear central plot. There are multiple arcs within that plot, but the arc the player chooses will change how the central plot is resolved.
Extrapolating on the story foundations built, the central plot arc appears to be the MC's total emotional dependency on Jaye - and emotional dependency is what it is. Wasting 7 years of his life and throwing away a full scholarship to Stanford over a heartbreak? Dude!!! At times playing the intro, I honestly felt like I was Joey futilely trying to direct a Ross MC :p :

So what I hope for is; for those of us who are not very enamoured with Jaye (and judging by a quick speed through of the previous pages there are quite a lot), we are able to pick other LIs because we like them more and not as a satellite path orbiting the "central arc" of MC's hang ups with Jaye. i.e. We don't end up with them as default for not having enough relationship points with Jaye, we don't start dating them to spite Jaye or to get Jaye jealous or whatever, not because they remind us of her, we don't keeping seeing Jaye or call out Jaye when having sex with them ala Fiona, that they are not "rebound" LIs or 2nd choices etc. but that there are paths that allow MC to end up with other developed LIs because he genuinely likes/loves her/them more than Jaye. Period.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Anyway, regardless of how the next chapters unfold, from a technical and prose perspective, this is a quality product. Best of luck to the Devs.

Last edited:

Tumai

Sep 1, 2019
^ :LOL: While I hadn't fully thought of it like that, that clip does capture the crux of the MC (as he is right now) quite well.

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
That Joey... Always so eloquent

As for the rest of what Darkmetal said, I agree... I expressed that before and the "discussion" on here afterwards is exactly why this game isn't featured in my signature. Essentially, I am not confident that the game won't be exactly what you and I fear it will be - a game about a guy who is hung up on a girl and everyone else he meets is not as developed and important as that one girl. I need to see a few updates where the MC isn't just having casual sex with women but is able to meet and have an actual relationship with someone besides the control freak before I trust the developers.
I think the use of the word trust is misplaced there MrF.

Just because it might not be what you would like it to be is no reason not to trust them is it. it is their story to tell after all and it will either appeal to you or it won't.

patachoucs

Mar 26, 2020
I think the use of the word trust is misplaced there MrF.

Just because it might not be what you would like it to be is no reason not to trust them is it. it is their story to tell after all and it will either appeal to you or it won't.
You beat me to it. Got bothered by how this was phrased too.

ugulugulu

Feb 3, 2020
Just wait for the next update, should make things clearer :p Though judging by most of the comments here it most likely will start a whole lot of different dumbster fires.

Lozloz

Aug 16, 2020
It is not me this time. But yea the last paragraph in the last update post (sergop's post on the previous page) clears things out.

4.60 star(s) 308 Votes