4.60 star(s) 308 Votes

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
By the way, the dialouges in this VN are the best in any VN. So much nerdgasm and referecnes and with the addition of the erratic Amanda, things got even better. I think she is my favourite VN char so far. :)
IMHO (which ain't worth shit, I get it) there's only one other VN that ties this for storytelling, proper grammar, sentence structure, etc... I mod it too. I won't name it here out of pure respect of SFS but you surely already know it.

Reactions: StingerWolf

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
SanchoNote:

Good morning,

I'm currently porting a SanchoMod update to be both steam/non-steam compatible. SFS changed quite a bit of code in v0.6-steam so I need a bit of time to insure it's 100% tight (it's more than just a few grammatical fixes). I'll make a new post once it's done and been integrity tested by both myself and the beta testers.

Regards.
Quick update: The steam port is done and currently being outside tested. Once confirmed it's solid I'll push it out as the sole mod (it's steam/non-steam compatible). If you use it non-steam then simply copy your save files over to it (it's AppData is a separate folder, so treat it like you did for v0.5s SanchoMod). Regards.

Reactions: Ghostly

StingerWolf

Sep 5, 2017
IMHO (which ain't worth shit, I get it) there's only one other VN that ties this for storytelling, proper grammar, sentence structure, etc... I mod it too. I won't name it here out of pure respect of SFS but you surely already know it.
Yup. (I don't really understand why is it taboo to mention other VN s in a given VNs thread. Most devs know about those other VN s or devs. I remember the farewell picture made for Palmer after his death by countless devs providing one of their signature char for it. I don't believe other devs and games are always rivals)

Reactions: MrD812

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Yup. (I don't really understand why is it taboo to mention other VN s in a given VNs thread. Most devs know about those other VN s or devs. I remember the farewell picture made for Palmer after his death by countless devs providing one of their signature char for it. I don't believe other devs and games are always rivals)
Understood, I'm not saying that SFS would have an issue about it, I'm just being respectful tbh, nothing else to it really.

Reactions: StingerWolf

stevenSSSS

Mar 2, 2017
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/scripts/story/chapter4.rpy", line 4768, in <module>
File "game/scripts/features/scenegallery/scenelist.rpy", line 3, in unlock_scene_item
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'unlock'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "scripts/story/chapter4.rpyc", line 4768, in script
File "renpy/ast.py", line 928, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "renpy/python.py", line 2245, in py_exec_bytecode
exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
File "game/scripts/features/scenegallery/scenelist.rpy", line 3, in unlock_scene_item

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.11.2266
Chapter 5 0.6
Sun May 29 02:10:02 2022

Can anyone guess what the problem here ?

AnyoneSmellBlue

Jun 20, 2021
It shouldn't be but unfortunately if you bring up a different game (especially a popular or polarizing one) some people can't stop themselves from devolving into a slap fight over something that has nothing to do with the actual thread.

StingerWolf

Sep 5, 2017
It shouldn't be but unfortunately if you bring up a different game (especially a popular or polarizing one) some people can't stop themselves from devolving into a slap fight over something that has nothing to do with the actual thread.
Yep, I see your point. People like to compete even in being fans than understand that one cannot always compare everything to everything. I cannot say, I have one favourite AVN, only that I have quite a few and each is good in its own right and for different reasons. It is the same as it is with people.

Reactions: Walter Victor

Retrofire

Jul 4, 2019
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "scripts/story/chapter4.rpyc", line 4768, in script
File "renpy/ast.py", line 928, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "renpy/python.py", line 2245, in py_exec_bytecode
exec(bytecode, globals, locals)

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.11.2266
Chapter 5 0.6
Sun May 29 02:10:02 2022

Can anyone guess what the problem here ?
Looks like a persistence conflict. From the Discord:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
With some of the negative reviews and comments on this thread I genuinely can't tell if some of ya'll are enjoying this game. It's ok to be critical but damn some expectations and nit-picking seem like you're expecting the developer to be producing the next Citizen Kane. With uh, more tits and such.

Every game has its flaws. But this one has more production value, funny dialogue, sound, and great music that puts it well above most games created in this genre. For me, the positives significantly outweigh some slight negatives.

Shit I'm just enjoying the hell out of it for what it is. And having fun! I hope you do as well lol
I do like the game, for the most part. The prologue didn't work for me, but it got a lot better after that. I agree it's head and shoulders above lots of games in the genre, but to me that's why it's worth holding to high standards. There's no point in critiquing mediocre games, but this has the potential to be one of my favorites.

Maybe it never will be. Maybe the game is aiming for things I'm not interested in. That's fair, no one game can be all things to all people. But there's always the chance that it is aiming for my preferred targets and just didn't hit them. So I do my best to articulate what worked and didn't work for me in the hopes it will help the game hit those marks. If it works, yay! But if not, at least the process can be cathartic.

Extended discussion about other games belong in the threads for those games. Limited discussion of other games (to compare and contrast with this game) are okay... in theory. The catch is that it's relatively easy for simple comparisons to balloon into extended discussions of other games, or into an all out flame war if the other game is polarizing. So it's usually best to consider just how many worms might be lurking in a given can before you decide to open it.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Just a quick FYI so you folks know (regarding the above Persistent Reset and SanchoMod specifically) any issue you may have with SanchoMod (if you ever actually do) please do NOT use this feature to correct. Doing so won't fix anything with the mod so please just reach out to me personally. I don't take SFS's statement as being directed towards me specifically or taking any offense of any kind, I'm just clarifying for folks so you don't lose data needlessly.

To elaborate SanchoMod only places ONE persistent variable in your system file which is specifically the SanchoGallery MC name used during gallery scene replays. I have fought the issue of simply making all my in-game adjustment options persistent for over a year as that would make things one helluva lot easier on my end coding but I don't for a reason... integrity. You see, it's a major pain in my ass to code the way I do being persistent-free but one of the reasons I do it is so if there is ever a major issue with the mod (meaning I fucked up somewhere) then likely the only thing that gets borked is your save file which allows anything you've accumulated unmodded to be retained upon correction (since the persistent is basically untouched). It's important to me in all my mods that I retain your trust that I'm not fucking up your shit in the background and is the reason why I coded a special file that's available in every mod I have (see the "Uninstall" spoiler in every SanchoMod thread OP) that allows you to load and run any save file you may have made while using SanchoMod later inside a game that is unmodded. Bottom line to this massive wall of text is that I've got your back, period. The day I can't do that is the day I pull all my mods from public distribution. It's that important to me because I know it's important to you. Regards as always.

Antonie van Leeuwenhoek

Mar 30, 2019
Damn Lisa is sprinting in li's race to become one of the top with Jaye. I liked the romance part with Jaye even though the interaction with her were less.
And am i the only one who's disappointed a bit in animations? Too darkish, too mechanical hmm.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I have the walkthrough mod and read the walkthrough and still missing a love point for both Mallory and Jaye.
Hint: You can't have max both in any one playthrough without simply cheating if that's what you're wondering. In other words to max either one, pick one for that playthrough for the cheevo, then start another playthrough for max the other. If that's not what your concern was then let me know and I'll be glad to assist where I can.

Jul 9, 2020
I have the walkthrough mod and read the walkthrough and still missing a love point for both Mallory and Jaye.
well, there's two different instances where I believe it's impossible to get max points for both; first is the scene where they're both sunbathing topless next to Sophie(The Ship Captain's Wife). if you choose to focus on Jaye, you get 2 points for her same goes for Mallory but if you choose "Why not Both, Both is Good" you'd only get one point each and if you choose "Focus on the other Redhead(Sophie) you don't get any points I believe.
The only other one that exists I think is when the Bartender asks you which of them you prefer, I believe has the same points situation, 2 points for whoever you chose or 1 point each

4.60 star(s) 308 Votes