4.60 star(s) 308 Votes

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
Let's just hope the dev can keep his promise 'cause I really don't want another heart attack when playing AVNs:LOL:
Stone Fox has demonstrated that their integrity is among the highest of any group of developers whose work appears on F95. Schedules can always get derailed by outside events, but when it comes to content or their plans for the arc of their story, you can take any of their promises to the bank with 100% confidence.

There are thousands of developers whose work appears here, I hold only a handful as being worthy of that trust.

Razrback16

Jul 20, 2020
Stone Fox has demonstrated that their integrity is among the highest of any group of developers whose work appears on F95. Schedules can always get derailed by outside events, but when it comes to content or their plans for the arc of their story, you can take any of their promises to the bank with 100% confidence.

There are thousands of developers whose work appears here, I hold only a handful as being worthy of that trust.
Yep. One of the reasons I am backing Stone Fox on Patreon. They deserve it.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
What do you think of the u-turn made on Christian's character?

we basically now know that he was never Jaye's boyfriend
you never really tried to rape her, or rather it was an attempted rape, done more out of frustration than depravity, Jaye admits there was never any real danger, a scare yes, but a really limited danger
he is not the spy
defends at every opportunity Sarah to whom he appears genuinely attached
eventually attempts to warn MC of Prizer's next moves
not forgetting all the indications of the abuse he suffered in his life

practically innocent of almost everything he was accused of and deserving of so many gestures that Jaye and MC don't know about (yet)
a good guy with a blemish on his record

once we find all this out the scene on the ship seems almost over the top, at the time we thought we were supposed to bring justice to those who tried to rape Jaye, but in fact that is not really the case, it seems almost more like just an outlet for the two siblings to get over graduation night, in which they take it out on Christian far beyond his faults

Lostanddamned

Engaged Member
Mar 29, 2019
What do you think of the u-turn made on Christian's character?

we basically now know that he was never Jaye's boyfriend
you never really tried to rape her, or rather it was an attempted rape, done more out of frustration than depravity, Jaye admits there was never any real danger, a scare yes, but a really limited danger
he is not the spy
defends at every opportunity Sarah to whom he appears genuinely attached
eventually attempts to warn MC of Prizer's next moves
not forgetting all the indications of the abuse he suffered in his life

practically innocent of almost everything he was accused of and deserving of so many gestures that Jaye and MC don't know about (yet)
a good guy with a blemish on his record

once we find all this out the scene on the ship seems almost over the top, at the time we thought we were supposed to bring justice to those who tried to rape Jaye, but in fact that is not really the case, it seems almost more like just an outlet for the two siblings to get over graduation night, in which they take it out on Christian far beyond his faults
Saying that Christian is a good guy in the story is a bit of a stretch. IMO he's just a used and misguided pawn, being played by his own uncle and Prizer.

The rape thing is weird. The only reason he stopped the rape attempt was because he heard MC call for Jaye in the hallway. He's still a pushy asshole who has no basic understanding of consent. Besides Christian was main reason that split MC and Jaye apart. Sure, the relationship was rocky and complex as it was, but it was him that blew the whole thing up.

That being said, his redemption arc was well written and he basically seems to realize and admit his mistakes. The ship scene was good IMO, the payback was deserved. You can't really say that Christian didn't really deserve it. But the only reason Christian ended up on the yacht is because Jaye saw Mallory kissing MC and decided to piss him off more by bringing Christian. Instead of pissing off MC though, it brought them closer and brought the walls down.

WICKEDp4th

Before Alice went to Wonderland, she had to fall.
Donor
Sep 6, 2017
Saying that Christian is a good guy in the story is a bit of a stretch. IMO he's just a used and misguided pawn, being played by his own uncle and Prizer.

The rape thing is weird. The only reason he stopped the rape attempt was because he heard MC call for Jaye in the hallway. He's still a pushy asshole who has no basic understanding of consent. Besides Christian was main reason that split MC and Jaye apart. Sure, the relationship was rocky and complex as it was, but it was him that blew the whole thing up.

That being said, his redemption arc was well written and he basically seems to realize and admit his mistakes. The ship scene was good IMO, the payback was deserved. You can't really say that Christian didn't really deserve it. But the only reason Christian ended up on the yacht is because Jaye saw Mallory kissing MC and decided to piss him off more by bringing Christian. Instead of pissing off MC though, it brought them closer and brought the walls down.
Oh c'mon, he was just a tiny bit rapey, no harm done i guess. :ROFLMAO: "I just tried to kill you a little bit, we're still friends aren't we?!"

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020

however, the danger of his attempted rape is as valid as the danger of me threatening Nurmagomedov to smash his face in. Christian doesn't really want to do that and doesn't go there to do that.

Jaye herself says that if MC had not passed at the end nothing would have happened anyway, that she would have handled it quietly, in the end just a big scare

and when MC confronts him on the ship all this he does not know, he would have had every right to really hurt him, and all this to confirm to Jaye that he still cares about her

confronting Christian serves as a way for the brother and sister to get over the graduation night episode, but I find it hard to say that Christian really deserved it

in this light, it is also less strange that Christian was talking "calmly" to Jaye that night (which is kind of what drove MC crazy) and that Jaye did not want MC's intervention

Reactions: Lostanddamned

Cricco

May 5, 2021
Instead of pissing off MC though, it brought them closer and brought the walls down.
Or it split them further apart, because fuck her for engineering a situation where she gets to play damsel in distress with the aid of her wanna-be rapist :LUL:

Stuff like that is the whole reason why i just don't vibe with Jaye, tbh. Feels like MC is constanstly put in situations where he has to step up for her, sometimes by Jaye herself, while she gets away with talking a big game and then sneaking into the guy's room to read his diary.

And that fucking butler dude helps none either, dude. Like i got it the first time that you really want me to suck up to this person and are disappointed in me for not wanting to but dude hear me out

youre-fired.gif

:LUL: :LUL: :LUL:

Lostanddamned

Engaged Member
Mar 29, 2019
Oh c'mon, he was just a tiny bit rapey, no harm done i guess. :ROFLMAO: "I just tried to kill you a little bit, we're still friends aren't we?!"
Inb4 if you choose the Mallory ending and see Jaye marrying Christian and Tara ending up as their side piece. :Kappa:

however, the danger of his attempted rape is as valid as the danger of me threatening Nurmagomedov to smash his face in. Christian doesn't really want to do that and doesn't go there to do that.

Jaye herself says that if MC had not passed at the end nothing would have happened anyway, that she would have handled it quietly, in the end just a big scare

and when MC confronts him on the ship all this he does not know, he would have had every right to really hurt him, and all this to confirm to Jaye that he still cares about her

confronting Christian serves as a way for the brother and sister to get over the graduation night episode, but I find it hard to say that Christian really deserved it

in this light, it is also less strange that Christian was talking "calmly" to Jaye that night (which is kind of what drove MC crazy) and that Jaye did not want MC's intervention
We didn't know it at that point of time of seeing the scene, though. Neither did the MC and he acted on his instincts

For example when I'm watching The Prestige now I'm like "WTF, how can't he see it's a trick." after I've seen it like 15 times. The first time I saw it, I didn't know about it.

We didn't know what they were talking about during the graduation night. I don't remember it being mentioned, but Jaye probably told him to fuck off and Christian was being a pest. It's not like he didn't deserve to get punched though.

Or it split them further apart, because fuck her for engineering a situation where she gets to play damsel in distress with the aid of her wanna-be rapist :LUL:

Stuff like that is the whole reason why i just don't vibe with Jaye, tbh. Feels like MC is constanstly put in situations where he has to step up for her, sometimes by Jaye herself, while she gets away with talking a big game and then sneaking into the guy's room to read his diary.

And that fucking butler dude helps none either, dude. Like i got it the first time that you really want me to suck up to this person and are disappointed in me for not wanting to but dude hear me out

View attachment 1870153

:LUL: :LUL: :LUL:
If that's your vibe cool. But I won't tolerate any Jaye slander, by the way. (and I especially won't tolerate any George slander). :Kappa:

Reactions: WICKEDp4th

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
We didn't know it at that point of time of seeing the scene, though. Neither did the MC and he acted on his instincts

For example when I'm watching The Prestige now I'm like "WTF, how can't he see it's a trick." after I've seen it like 15 times. The first time I saw it, I didn't know about it.

We didn't know what they were talking about during the graduation night. I don't remember it being mentioned, but Jaye probably told him to fuck off and Christian was being a pest. It's not like he didn't deserve to get punched though.
none of the three, Tara, Jaye, and Christian seem agitated

and when MC arrives , Christian continues to remain serene

it was a very strange scene where they all seem serene and MC comes in and messes things up (effectively embarrassing Jaye... )

Lostanddamned

Engaged Member
Mar 29, 2019
none of the three, Tara, Jaye, and Christian seem agitated

and when MC arrives , Christian continues to remain serene

it was a very strange scene where they all seem serene and MC comes in and messes things up (effectively embarrassing Jaye... )
Until we get the full scene with the dialogue between them, it's pointless debating it. At this point of time, MC found out about the rape attempt and he saw Christian sleazing up to Jaye once again. He didn't know that Jaye was probably trying to talk the issue out so he went and confronted Christian.

But at this point of time, we don't know. You could even say that Jaye, Christian and Tara were debating spaghetti sauces and which one is better. :Kappa:

schinoize

Jun 8, 2021
Iirc Jaye said Christian was (again) having problems with his dad and was looking for someone to talk to. Might be wrong though.

Lostanddamned

Engaged Member
Mar 29, 2019
Iirc Jaye said Christian was (again) having problems with his dad and was looking for someone to talk to. Might be wrong though.
Christian's dad beat him because he was asexual and Jaye was trying to help him. Christian probably did get the wrong hints about it. He did defend Sarah against the two shady lawyers.

The point was what was he trying to do at the graduation party and did he really deserve to get decked in the face that night.

Reactions: Harathorne

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Until we get the full scene with the dialogue between them, it's pointless debating it. At this point of time, MC found out about the rape attempt and he saw Christian sleazing up to Jaye once again. He didn't know that Jaye was probably trying to talk the issue out so he went and confronted Christian.

But at this point of time, we don't know. You could even say that Jaye, Christian and Tara were debating spaghetti sauces and which one is better. :Kappa:
I don't think there will be any further revelations on the matter, too much has already been said about it

but Tara and Jaye are absolutely calm as they talk to Christian, it is MC's arrival that alarms them both
screenshot0021.png screenshot0023.png screenshot0022.png screenshot0024.png screenshot0025.png screenshot0026.png screenshot0027.png

only Tara shows just before the storm brews of annoyance verson Christian listening to MC's version (but which we know is fundamentally wrong)

we can interpret this in so many ways, but if it is inappropriate for Jaye at that time for MC to confront Christian, it is even more so after 6 years....

Lostanddamned

Engaged Member
Mar 29, 2019
I don't think there will be any further revelations on the matter, too much has already been said about it

but Tara and Jaye are absolutely calm as they talk to Christian, it is MC's arrival that alarms them both
View attachment 1870710 View attachment 1870706 View attachment 1870711 View attachment 1870707 View attachment 1870713 View attachment 1870714 View attachment 1870715

only Tara shows just before the storm brews of annoyance verson Christian listening to MC's version (but which we know is fundamentally wrong)

we can interpret this in so many ways, but if it is inappropriate for Jaye at that time for MC to confront Christian, it is even more so after 6 years....
I don't know why you're making Christian getting his due such a big deal. At the beginning of The Godfather, Bonasera is asking for justice for his daughter (two men attempted to rape her, but she defended herself and they ended up beating her up). Then Vito gives the job to Clemenza, who gives it to Paulie and he ends up beating the fuck out of the two guys. You're telling me that Vito should have turned the guy down and told him no, we're not going to serve justice?

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I don't know why you're making Christian getting his due such a big deal. At the beginning of The Godfather, Bonasera is asking for justice for his daughter (two men attempted to rape her, but she defended herself and they ended up beating her up). Then Vito gives the job to Clemenza, who gives it to Paulie and he ends up beating the fuck out of the two guys. You're telling me that Vito should have turned the guy down and told him no, we're not going to serve justice?
it is clear that the scene on the boat is for Jaye and MC precisely to get over that episode (in which it is true that MC meddles in his sister's affairs without any tact, but Jaye reacts badly by spilling terrible nastiness at him and her father , with her justifications)

but that said, on the boat Christian is being punished for something NOT REALLY DONE 6 years earlier, for which 6 years earlier Jaye wanted to take care of it herself

add to that the fact that MC is still convinced that he is looking at the one who wanted to rape his sister, Jaye knows that's not really the case, but now as 6 years before she keeps it to herself

we are not talking about justice in any way, that was already done MC precisely 6 years earlier

Lostanddamned

Engaged Member
Mar 29, 2019
it is clear that the scene on the boat is for Jaye and MC precisely to get over that episode (in which it is true that MC meddles in his sister's affairs without any tact, but Jaye reacts badly by spilling terrible nastiness at him and her father , with her justifications)

but that said, on the boat Christian is being punished for something NOT REALLY DONE 6 years earlier, for which 6 years earlier Jaye wanted to take care of it herself

add to that the fact that MC is still convinced that he is looking at the one who wanted to rape his sister, Jaye knows that's not really the case, but now as 6 years before she keeps it to herself

we are not talking about justice in any way, that was already done MC precisely 6 years earlier
Like I already said the whole thing is a huge misunderstanding - MC reacts that way seeing the guy that attempted to rape his sister, Jaye didn't tell anyone because she was taking care of it and didn't want anyone handling it (also with a huge dose of stubbornness) and Christian happened to be the wrong guy at the wrong place at the wrong time.

Then after that MC and Jaye stop speaking to each other (and he blocks himself on her phone) so they don't really know what's going on with each other. The yacht was the first time in 6 years that they spent the time together. Again, the only reason Jaye took Christian to the yacht was only because she saw Mallory kissing MC and she wanted to get back at him. Still, at this point MC doesn't know of Christian's asexuality and family issues and thinks of a him as a rapist cunt.

Jaye happens to tell MC during the fort thing after he saved her, but I don't recall them talking about why they threw Christian off the yacht.

What I'm trying to say is what they did to Christian wasn't right, even though he did deserve his due (maybe not being thrown off the yacht), but when I think about it, it's probably what I would have done anyway. And that's why I keep saying is that the writing in this game is on an incredibly high level and the characters are written in a realistic, believable way - they make mistakes, they have flaws and they don't instantly overcome all obsticles.

4.60 star(s) 308 Votes