4.60 star(s) 308 Votes

Retrofire

Jul 4, 2019
I replay the entire thing as well, and I noticed another slight change after the graduation party when Jaye is in her towel thinking about the events of the night. She now says something like "Tara sure seemed to wake up when "MC" rode up on Christian". Before it was "Tara about creamed herself when "MC" rode up on Christian". This change makes zero difference, but I did kind of miss the joke about the sister/mom thing. I was at least glad to see that Mallory still referred to herself as the Mega Blocks version of MC's Lego mom.
That line does (and always has) vary based on how MC handles Christian.

Code:
    if bool004 == True:

jt18 "Tara straight up creamed herself when [p_name] rode up on Christian like that."

else:

jt18 "Tara sure seemed to wake up when [p_name] rode up on Christian like that."
There are numerous examples through the script where there are minor variations in dialogue based on prior choices.

PipeLayer2000

Dec 24, 2020
That line does (and always has) vary based on how MC handles Christian.

Code:
    if bool004 == True:

jt18 "Tara straight up creamed herself when [p_name] rode up on Christian like that."

else:

jt18 "Tara sure seemed to wake up when [p_name] rode up on Christian like that."
There are numerous examples through the script where there are minor variations in dialogue based on prior choices.
Weird. What is bool004? I didn't think I changed my responses before that at all from before.

soprano31

Engaged Member
Nov 12, 2021
Well I'm gonna do you one better and translate this to yet another language.

Jaye,Ti si ljubav mog života!! :love: :love:

I did this because well I'm totaly in agreement that Jaye is all you need,As you can see from my post thats on page 453.
beautiful language croatian!! :love:

• Red Heart
Reactions: DarhkBlu

Retrofire

Jul 4, 2019
Weird. What is bool004? I didn't think I changed my responses before that at all from before.
You lose a trust point with Jaye with the sucker punch, but Tara's reaction is to be more overtly aroused by it. There's no indication this has any Tara content ramifications later in the game so far, but losing this point with Jaye will lead to a fairly significant difference later.

Reactions: DarhkBlu

Ilhares

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2019
You lose a trust point with Jaye with the sucker punch, but Tara's reaction is to be more overtly aroused by it. There's no indication this has any Tara content ramifications later in the game so far, but losing this point with Jaye will lead to a fairly significant difference later.
I don't like how it's set that you can't max love and affection both with her (not that you need to) because some choice points will only give you one or the other.

But that scene was good for giving a little insight into Tara's personal tastes.

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
NP, you do you. I have zero issue with criticism but your attitude sucks imho. I've said twice I'll make it toggled but haven't got to it yet. Pull the stick out, it's all going to be ok.
I deleted all my replies... sorry, having a rough couple of days so a little moody. Missing my wife and all that. Thanks for your work anyhow. I'll probably stay off of here for a while maybe.

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
Imagine getting rude and pissy about an extremely minor change in a completely optional mod that someone else put several hours into building and updating purely out of their own free time. If you had come to the conclusion of "I just won't use this mod" before whinging about it, you wouldn't have had to embarrass yourself so spectacularly. And for the record, your attitude does suck. Consider that my "constructive criticism" for you.
I thought about it and you're right. Deleted my replies... just having rough couple of days, been an emotional roller coaster for me.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I deleted all my replies... sorry, having a rough couple of days so a little moody. Missing my wife and all that. Thanks for your work anyhow. I'll probably stay off of here for a while maybe.
I respect that and I feel I can truly relate, honestly. I accept your apology. Sincerest regards and please be well... the darkness almost swallowed me whole not terribly long ago. If I may, lean heavy on your true friend(s), on the ones that would actually jump on a grenade for you as you would them... they are pure assets to some amount of light.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I'm not making this post to let the cat out of the bag but rather to insure folks:

There is a imminent update that will drop at some point that incorporates most of the latest Steam fixes plus other refinements. Nothing major so don't freak out. The mod updates will only be released after any supply is available here first (for non-Steam). You Steam folks might get a minor update with mostly grammatical fixes and the Ch1 cheevo swap (I can't remember if that was already in the first Steam update tbh). I'll update that if needed whenever a second update drops for it.

Anyway, that's that. Regards.

• Red Heart
Reactions: sava75

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Stoya has posted the v0.7a patch on the Stone Fox discord, and he's uploading it to Steam and Patreon/SubscribeStar later tonight.
At the risk of speaking for the team, there might be a bit of delay. A very minor bug or two is being found...very minor but there's no serious rush so a little bit more time won't hurt anything... that's the vibe I'm getting fwiw.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
SanchoNote - Ch5 Mallory Trust

I thought I'd make a separated post from a previous (and cordial) convo between ename144 and myself over origins of the Mallory Trust fubar in Chapter 5 (v0.06) so that it can be used as reference for anyone in the future that has issue getting those maximum points.

If you loaded an old save and can't seem to get her max Trust points then this is the guide for you. See the spoiler below that keeps that info contained and also this post from being a wall of text.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Regards.

kameohawk

Dec 16, 2017
So I gotta say, Christian starting to redeem himself was not a development I would have called, but I'm here for it.
It's funny cause I'm the opposite and I worry it'll get to the point it'll actually put me off the plot.

Too much "oh he's not a bad character, he's just a poor tortured soul really, let's just forget about the bad things" creeping into stories recently. I blame JK with Snape heh

Reactions: v1900 and Lord Soth
4.60 star(s) 308 Votes