4.60 star(s) 308 Votes

Retrofire

Jul 4, 2019
Well my friend what do you think why f95zone exists in the first place? Complaining about piracy here and getting 90% of the customers from here is kind of a double standard don't you think?
Don't be offended, the logic just doesn't make sense to me.
LOL, so you're saying they had an "opt out" button? In what universe is resentment of an involuntary relationship a double standard? :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Francis Blast

HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020
I highly doubt that but whatever you say, boss.

I get that with direct-links, i sure do. Still, bitchin' about piracy or leaked links HERE is a pretty weird place to do it, no?
I'm gonna guess he knows that better than you........

Where would you suggest he "bitchin'" about it if not where it happens?

micmitja

Forum Fanatic
Aug 6, 2017
while there are no rules against posting direct links (which surprise me to be honest) is common practice to reupload somewhere else
few devs dont mind, most do
so if you cant upload somewhere example
, , (split to 1.99gb and upload on same source) - for those no account need it and fast upload and good download
and got shit upload then report main post under update and drop the links, let mods sort stuff out
and if you guys are after likes just make a post that you have shared the links to mods and nobody will complain

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Here are the MEGA download links for v0.7a (both for the update patches and the complete game):
MEGA Links

The WeTransfer links don't allow a choice, and contain everything. I haven't tested them, so I have no idea if they work or not:

Proper supply etiquette is to use the "Report" in the OP, select "Game Update", and provide the info so the supplies can be sorted to site links by a moderator and not use the dev's direct links. Doing it the way you did is fucking the dev twice if I'm being honest... direct link shares are generally frowned upon... imho. Regards.

Razrback16

Jul 20, 2020
Maybe instead of posting direct deep links to Stone Fox's hosters, create a torrent or reach out to an uploader here on f95 so they can handle getting it uploaded to a separate hoster.

Primarch Dorn

Jan 13, 2022
Well my friend what do you think why f95zone exists in the first place? Complaining about piracy here and getting 90% of the customers from here is kind of a double standard don't you think?
Don't be offended, the logic just doesn't make sense to me.
Comical

Reactions: Jericho85

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
Piracy is one thing, and we've been pretty chill about the whole thing, until our direct download links started appearing in-thread. That is a recent phenomenon, and we will take steps to mitigate it.

Also, your estimate of how much of our income is derived from pirate sites is comically flawed.

Okay, genuine interest, not trying to aggravate you, but how do you know?
It's not like people from f95zone have the same name on subscribestar or patreon, nor do we ALL have ALL the games we support linked to our accounts here (even if the function works properly).
And I just don't see that many places where you can advertise these games. You might get the odd youtube review, there are one or two sites tackling this content etc.. but in general F95zone is a great place to get your game out to a public which might support you (and I think that is why so many games actually start here and so many devs use the forums as long as their game hasn't become really big).

Totally understand being upset about someone using your own DL links anyway, that should be handled better.

Alex5280

Sep 3, 2020
Piracy is one thing, and we've been pretty chill about the whole thing, until our direct download links started appearing in-thread. That is a recent phenomenon, and we will take steps to mitigate it.

Also, your estimate of how much of our income is derived from pirate sites is comically flawed.
Well to be fair, you did say that you would post the patch here, but it didn't show up and Walter did say that he would wait 48 hours to repost it. I understand that you are upset about it, but this is a piracy site so thinking that it wouldn't get leaked is a bit naive.

lipe2410

Forum Fanatic
Dec 23, 2018
Well to be fair, you did say that you would post the patch here, but it didn't show up. Walter said that he would wait 48 hours to post it. I understand that you are upset about it, but this is a piracy site so thinking that it wouldn't get leaked is a bit naive.
He is not upset because was leaked, but because was used the patreon links to leak.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I get that. They could have avoided that by posting links they preferred people to use.
That's not how it works. There's a reason there's a "Report" feature in the OP. That's one of it's purposes is to report a "Game Update". That's how it's handled properly. There's no debate, that's the way to the light. All other paths lead to darkness. VN/Game supplies are handled differently than say my mod links for example. They are not the same thing.

albul

Jun 8, 2017
For anyone wondering why people still insist to post the direct links instead of reporting the OP and sending the mods the link for upload, the answer is pretty easy: karma-whoring. Passing the links to the mods to update the OP doesn't get the leaker the reactions that validate them, and re-uploading the game to another source is too much work, so they're left with the easy way out: copy-paste the original and be done with it.

Primarch Dorn

Jan 13, 2022
For anyone wondering why people still insist to post the direct links instead of reporting the OP and sending the mods the link for upload, the answer is pretty easy: karma-whoring. Passing the links to the mods to update the OP doesn't get the leaker the reactions that validate them, and re-uploading the game to another source is too much work, so they're left with the easy way out: copy-paste the original and be done with it.
Karma is a circular thing

Jericho85

Apr 25, 2022
Bingo

4.60 star(s) 308 Votes