4.60 star(s) 308 Votes

Francis Blast

Feb 2, 2018
But still theres a huge portion of people only know about this game because it's on this site.. there are over 5 million people on here.
That doesn't matter. You are speculating. You don't have any proof therefore it's not true.

Besides, 5 million accounts don't equal 5 million active users, and given the view count on this thread, a more believable number would be in the tenth of thousands (For this thread only).
That's still a pretty nice number but doesn't translate into anything solid as again, there is no proof that 90 % of Stone fox supporters come from this forum.
A proof isn't a hypothesis or a supposition.

Deleted member 2808342

Cliffhanger Vendor
Game Developer
Sep 4, 2020
Okay, genuine interest, not trying to aggravate you, but how do you know?
That's a perfectly reasonable and honest question, and deserves an honest answer:

Our Patreon, Subscribestar, Steam, and Itch all report unfailingly to Google Analytics, so we have a very clear idea of where our referral links, acquisition, and engagement are coming from.

From Sep 1 to Nov 4, we've received exactly 22 hits on our Patreon page from F95 with an average of 58 seconds worth of engagement per visit. We know that doesn't tell the whole story, but it certainly tells part of it. The suggestion that our own marketing efforts through Instagram, YouTube, Twitter, Discord and other platforms do not account for much of our visibility is demonstrably untrue.

While we were content with the status quo, having our direct download links posted, and having anons claim that we promised to post a patch here, or demand we provide them an alternate download link to pirate our work has uniquely motivated us to refine our content delivery process and cut ties.

We remain, however, deeply grateful to those who have supported us through thoughtful feedback, word-of-mouth, quality mods, bug reports, and even financially if you happened to find us here.

Best regards,

Stone Fox Studios

goulet1995

Sep 30, 2021
That's a perfectly reasonable and honest question, and deserves an honest answer:

Our Patreon, Subscribestar, Steam, and Itch all report unfailingly to Google Analytics, so we have a very clear idea of where our referral links, acquisition, and engagement are coming from.

From Sep 1 to Nov 4, we've received exactly 22 hits on our Patreon page from F95 with an average of 58 seconds worth of engagement per visit. We know that doesn't tell the whole story, but it certainly tells part of it. The suggestion that our own marketing efforts through Instagram, YouTube, Twitter, Discord and other platforms do not account for much of our visibility is demonstrably untrue.

While we were content with the status quo, having our direct download links posted, and having anons claim that we promised to post a patch here, or demand we provide them an alternate download link to pirate our work has uniquely motivated us to refine our content delivery process and cut ties.

We remain, however, deeply grateful to those who have supported us through thoughtful feedback, word-of-mouth, quality mods, bug reports, and even financially if you happened to find us here.

Best regards,

Stone Fox Studios
how sure are you on the accuracy of the 22 i know i clicked it myself from here like 4 to 5 times in that span to check on if there where any new updates

• Angry
Reactions: Elhemeer

Alex5280

Sep 3, 2020
While we were content with the status quo, having our direct download links posted, and having anons claim that we promised to post a patch here
Assuming that I am the anon that you politely didn't call out, I was simply referring to what you said in the following post:

I'll post it here too. Fortunately, there

Oh Walter...I liked you too.

Posting direct Patreon download links like this isn't cool though. Now I have to change them.
Perhaps I misinterpreted what you were referring to, but it sounded like you were going to post the patch. That said, I hope you reconsider cutting ties, you guys would be missed here.

• Angry
Reactions: jacksparrow

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
Wow ... that escalated quickly. And this was one of the more enjoyable pages. Ah well.

DougDimmadope

May 21, 2020

thats because F95zone have disabled analytics.

And having anons claim that we promised to post a patch here
Not a claim. you did state that you were willing to post the patch.

1667623537751.png

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017

I hate to keep this inane argument going, but I can't sit by without responding to this.

Every time I consider a newly found game, even to just download it to take a look at it, I click on the Patreon page (if there is one) and copy the internet address to a separate file that I keep for each and every one of those new (to me) games. I also might reference the Patreon site from here from time to time. But when I at long last decided to support you financially, I did NOT link in from here, but used the stored address I had kept on file. I believe you will find it difficult to determine where someone linking in to came from when I used a separate Google Chrome tab to do so.

By the way, I support your game for the same reason I support a number of other games, not because I want to get the game faster, or for some tier rewards, but to show my appreciation for and give encouragement to a developer who is doing a great job.

On several of the games I support financially, I also post (on F95) information from Patreon posts. I do that for the same reason I read these threads: I like to read information about the games I like, and think others might like to know information that I have, but they do not.

However, since you are apparently offended by what I have been doing here, I will cease immediately posting any information about your game here (or elsewhere, for that matter).

I will continue to play your game and to support you on Patreon. Your attitude toward me here does not detract from what you have done and are doing with Chasing Sunsets.

Last edited:

Jericho85

Apr 25, 2022
But still theres a huge portion of people only know about this game because it's on this site.. there are over 5 million people on here.
How about we drop the idea that the Devs need a pirate site for advertising. They don't. Each of these developers put in a lot of work into their own advertising on a number of different legit platforms. Our discussions here predominantly spread the word to others who would pirate the game as well, so it doesn't really turn in as many donations as you think it does.

The Devs who participate on these forums are cool enough to tolerate us as an inevitability, but don't forget that a significant portion of Devs don't even want to talk about sites like this. And if you ask any one of them - F95 participants or not - they'd prefer that their work wasn't pirated at all. So let's not act like we're doing any favors for the Devs, because we're not.

If Devs are willing to come here and talk about their game with us, then the least we can do is show a little respect. If they ask us not to post the Dev's own direct download links on these forums, then do what they ask. Don't argue, don't get sassy, don't disrespect. Most importantly, don't post it again right after they already asked you not to.

Last edited:

Primarch Dorn

Jan 13, 2022
I hate to keep this inane argument going, but I can't sit by without responding to this.

Every time I consider a newly found game, even to just download it to take a look at it, I click on the Patreon page (if there is one) and copy the internet address to a separate file that I keep for each and every one of those new (to me) games. I also might reference the Patreon site from here from time to time. But when I at long last decided to support you financially, I did NOT link in from here, but used the stored address I had kept on file. I believe you will find it difficult to determine where someone linking in to came from when I used a separate Google Chrome tab to do so.

By the way, I support your game for the same reason I support a number of other games, not because I want to get the game faster, or for some tier rewards, but to show my appreciation for and give encouragement to a developer who is doing a great job.

On several of the games I support financially, I also post (on F95) information from Patreon posts. I do that for the same reason I read these threads: I like to read information about the games I like, and think others might like to know information that I have, but they do not.

However, since you are apparently offended by what I have been doing here, I will cease immediately posting any information about your game here (or elsewhere, for that matter).

I will continue to play your game and to support you on Patreon. Your attitude toward me here does not detract from what you have done and are doing with Chasing Sunsets.
What you did, for ego, was post a direct dl link that costs Stoya money.

4.60 star(s) 308 Votes