4.60 star(s) 308 Votes
Jul 9, 2020
Cloning entire humans is possible, it hasn't been done because it's illegal. Of course like mentioned above it's not some sci if perfect copy born fully grown nonsense.

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
I am not arguing that he wasn't doing it to save his life, but the alterations that were made to the scene completely altered the nature of the character.

In the original release, he's a rogue, not necessarily a "good" guy, but not a villain, either. Greedo looks like he wants to get the money and kill Han anyway, and would probably keep the money for himself. Han shoots him, proving to be smarter and faster to act.

After the edits, he's no longer a charming rogue who steps outside the law, he's a poor delivery boy who probably had no choice but to work for criminals, and he only fires in self-defense. Drastically different.

I don't doubt your book might say different, but that wasn't what happened in the OG movie and it doesn't count.

As such, Jaye is wrong. She witnessed a blasphemous copy of the scripture.

Almost as bad as replacing the officers' guns in ET with walkie-talkie radios.
Perhaps I'm misunderstanding, but it seems like you're on the same page with Jaye:
Jaye_on_solo_1.jpg Jaye_on_solo_2.jpg

Personally, I think it would have been more interesting to let Jaye buck the popular consensus and argue in favor of the Special Edition. If nothing else, it would make it less likely she'd be stuck waiting for the MC to take her virginity. :whistle:

But I suspect the devs didn't want their heroine to alienate most of the audience right off the bat.

Reactions: Ilhares

MrD812

Oct 24, 2021
I agree, but feel that later in the story, all that work gets wasted.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Thank You, appreciate others seeing specific aspects and to convey them as well.
Many situations placed this particular title in way of others within in it's writing-patterns.
Similar to other titles taking different yet similar .. lets say, unexpected turns(BADIK, Intertwined, ect ect).

Again, thank You for sharing! (y)

Aner878787

Nov 17, 2018
Thank You, appreciate others seeing specific aspects and to convey them as well.
Many situations placed this particular title in way of others within in it's writing-patterns.
Similar to other titles taking different yet similar .. lets say, unexpected turns(BADIK, Intertwined, ect ect).

Again, thank You for sharing! (y)
I just went back to play the part of the funeral. MC tells George "Jaye hasn't answered any of my calls since that night" "If it wasn't for you, I wouldn't have even known where the service was to be held."
From his explanation later, he was very aware that he blocked his number. So why would he lie like this? The explanation didn't made sense since if he got desperate enough to call her he could have called her, but also because it contradicts thinks shown before in the story. It would have made much more sense for Cristian to block him to get between them in those last days, and because their strained relationship they never noticed because they never called. It would have been better because it would reinforce how their lack of communication and that guy ruined their relationship. Cristian even behaved like a douche BF being hostile to MC. But if you want to retconn Cristian later as just a friend going through hard times that doesn't fit the narrative either.
It's not my story, so i don't get a say in how it goes, but is sad when a story that was great gets thrown out the window for what seems just the sake of adding plot twists (you thought that this was going on, but in reality it was this other thing! You never saw that coming!!!). I don't even like the three word genre, so normaly I would be all for the main LI not sleeping with someone else or dating someone else, but in this game that was one of the building blocks of the drama and angst.
Hope devs don't take this is a bad way, if i tough that the story is trash i would just drop it and not bother to type a word. It's because the game is so good and set the bar so high that those inconsistencies are so jarring

Reactions: Penfold Mole

Ilhares

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2019
I just went back to play the part of the funeral. MC tells George "Jaye hasn't answered any of my calls since that night" "If it wasn't for you, I wouldn't have even known where the service was to be held."
From his explanation later, he was very aware that he blocked his number. So why would he lie like this?
I believe he thought that he was only blocking his number from her phone, when instead he accidentally blocked it at the carrier level, and they didn't learn that until the meeting with Tara.

I've changed phones a few times in the last decade, and while it always migrated my contact numbers it never remembered which numbers I had blocked. In the old times, however, I was able to block a number at the carrier via website.

Different companies, different tech, who knows?

Reactions: Jericho85

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
From his explanation later, he was very aware that he blocked his number. So why would he lie like this?
Is a part of the story that remains quite steamy.

when he tells George about it is a solemn moment that really fits poorly with an unsolicited lie, he could have tergiversed and not blamed in that way, at that moment Jaye

but then he repeats his alibi again later (basically his first step of rapprochement with Jaye is to lie to her and then run away...)

in my opinion we are at the edge of retcon, an explanation was needed and this was given

p.s. I've talked about this often so I'll keep it short here: it all opens from the parents who know that MC decides not to accompany Jaye to school anymore to allow her to make new friends, they intervene, however fatot Jaye continues to know nothing about anything, and even there when MC talks about it to the bartender he seems to believe that instead Jaye knows everything by now. the past is past and let's leave it alone

Reactions: Aner878787

Jericho85

Apr 25, 2022
I believe he thought that he was only blocking his number from her phone, when instead he accidentally blocked it at the carrier level, and they didn't learn that until the meeting with Tara.
This was my impression too. That or maybe he forgot about the block until Tara brought it up and genuinely assumed that Jaye could contact him up until that revelation.

Either way, still seems odd considering how meticulous he was about recording things in his journal. Seems like something he would have written down in it. Poetic license, I guess.

MrD812

Oct 24, 2021
From his explanation later, he was very aware that he blocked his number. So why would he lie like this? The explanation didn't made sense since if he got desperate enough to call her he could have called her, but also because it contradicts thinks shown before in the story. It would have made much more sense for Cristian to block him to get between them in those last days, and because their strained relationship they never noticed because they never called. It would have been better because it would reinforce how their lack of communication and that guy ruined their relationship. Cristian even behaved like a douche BF being hostile to MC. But if you want to retconn Cristian later as just a friend going through hard times that doesn't fit the narrative either.
It's not my story, so i don't get a say in how it goes, but is sad when a story that was great gets thrown out the window for what seems just the sake of adding plot twists (you thought that this was going on, but in reality it was this other thing! You never saw that coming!!!). I don't even like the three word genre, so normaly I would be all for the main LI not sleeping with someone else or dating someone else, but in this game that was one of the building blocks of the drama and angst.
Hope devs don't take this is a bad way, if i tough that the story is trash i would just drop it and not bother to type a word. It's because the game is so good and set the bar so high that those inconsistencies are so jarring
There are to many aspects in this AVN title to cover that are questionable in lieu of consistencies.
As is the titles i've mentioned above.. so much so.. forgive me, not to go into details.
One having aspects of a game yet this one and others clearly are AVN's, not as much games per se.

As far as the Dev's go or any of us whom choose to be in the lime-lite.
Critique is going to happen and may or may not be received positive regardless of it's intent.
Some cases, best to grow thicker skin to receive it as constructive or inspiring.

As many artists do within several fields of trade, project and hobby.
Entirely up to each individual(s) or team(s) choice in matters.
Gah, that in and of it's self can become an intertwined plot(no pun intended)! :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Aner878787

Nov 17, 2018

I've changed phones a few times in the last decade, and while it always migrated my contact numbers it never remembered which numbers I had blocked. In the old times, however, I was able to block a number at the carrier via website.

Different companies, different tech, who knows?
It's not impossible, but is the most unlikely scenario.
Preventing yourself from calling her by blocking your number on her phone is easily bypassed if he knew her number. It would have been better to block her in your phone and delete the number.
If he thought that the block wouldn't stick once she changed phones, it also made no sense for him not to take other precautions to avoid being contacted.
But if you very intentionally blocked your number in someone's phone and then your calls get rejected it might cross your mind that the block still stands.
It makes more sense that she blocked him in a fit of rage and then thought it got undone as soon as she changed phones or the most plausible explanation for me was that it was Cristian being an ass, and no one was aware why Jaye wasn't picking up and why MC wasn't calling back.
Once again, is not impossible... but is a little contrived and forced and is another point of confrontation between them that ends up being just the MC being a moron.
Which is another point of the story. Everyone goes out of his way to treat MC as a moron for how he reacted. He could have handled it better, but he had his reasons. Jaye had carried a grudge with him for something dumb but well intentioned he did as a child (though later thorough flashbacks that gets changed back to not being so bad between them), yet the guy that tried to rape her gets a second chance to explain himself. He fights him and he gets his ass chewed and is let known in very clear terms that there is nothing he can do to mend the relationship and that everything he tries just makes things worse. So he left. And later that also gets changed to him not leaving because she just ripped his heart out of his chest, but because he needed to know himself through the journey of life. Because God forbids that Jaye had any part on this whole debacle.
And that also gets reflected in your choices in the game. You can be an ass to Jaye, which is not really fair or mature, or you can be a wet blanket that takes the blame for everything and diminishes the mistakes on Jaye's part in their communication. I would have liked more that both characters had acknowledged their flaws.

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
Yeah, the MC's actions with regard to calling Jaye don't make much sense in light of the later revelation he blocked his own number on her phone. It could be a retcon, but that begs the question of who did place the block if it wasn't the MC; none of the other options seem to fit since we know Sarah, James and George were all eager to reunite the two.

I think the most likely explanation is that the devs only settled on the idea of the phone block late in the development of Chapter 1. But some of the other dialog was written prior to that (when the poor communication between the two was due merely to ruffled feathers) and the devs didn't think to go back and re-write it to fit in with the block. So it's not a retcon, it's a twist that wasn't well executed.

The other possible explanation is that the MC had forgotten he'd set the block until Tara pointed it out. That was my initial impression, and there was a certain logic to it; 5 years is a long time and the MC seemed more interested in forgetting his problems rather than working through them. But I find that explanation unconvincing in light of the latest reveal that he always wanted 'all the things' with Jaye and his leaving was just a way to ensure they were both ready for it when he finally returned. That's not the mindset of someone who would forget when he cut himself off from the person he obsessed over.

Frankly, I think the idea that the MC left to have a better shot with Jaye is far more problematic than the phone block. It's far too mature an outlook for the young MC, and it overly constrains the MC's attitude in the present day: even if I want no part of a Jaye romance, it turns out that's only because the MC wants said romance too badly to risk it. :rolleyes:

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
none of the other options seem to fit since we know Sarah, James and George were all eager to reunite the two.
even? and what would they have ever done to bring them together?

it seems to me that as parents they have been rather passive, they let 2 inseparable siblings drift apart for over 10 years, and not even MC's escape prompted them to do anything to recompose the rift whose origin they knew perfectly well

Jericho85

Apr 25, 2022

it seems to me that as parents they have been rather passive, they let 2 inseparable siblings drift apart for over 10 years, and not even MC's escape prompted them to do anything to recompose the rift whose origin they knew perfectly well
Yes, suspicious indeed... I'm beginning to think this was all orchestrated... a betrayal of the highest magnitude. James and Sarah are secret antagonists and they faked their deaths to manipulate Alex and Jaye into something nefarious!

Just wait guys... Juuust you wait...

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018

To paraphrase "Yes, Prime Minister," things don't happen simply because parents are very keen on it! Sarah and James *wanted* the two siblings to reunite, but they weren't sure how to do that; forcing the issue could easily have made it much worse. IMHO they were too passive, but that's easy for me to say from the sidelines. Had the MC returned for Jaye's graduation, things would have looked substantially different.

• Haha
Reactions: felicemastronzo

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
To paraphrase "Yes, Prime Minister," things don't happen simply because parents are very keen on it! Sarah and James *wanted* the two siblings to reunite, but they weren't sure how to do that; forcing the issue could easily have made it much worse. IMHO they were too passive, but that's easy for me to say from the sidelines. Had the MC returned for Jaye's graduation, things would have looked substantially different.
WAIT WAIT!

i was responding to your judgment about how they were all ready to make peace between the two siblings: there is no sign of this willingness in the game.

the only episode we see is when MC child tells both of them that he decided to get away from jaye to allow her to make new friends, and they reassure him that they would talk to them and settle the matter.
now for sure they didn't settle anything, but it's also not clear what they ever told her since 15 years later jaye was still there wondering why her brother had moved away from her so abruptly.

that they remained passive AFTER MC's escape is understandable, from that point on they may have actually understood their emotional turmoil and agreed that they needed time.

but before that? for over 10 years they kept the war at home, and we're not talking about a hidden grudge, but a general indifference that easily erupted into confrontation. i wouldn't give them the parent of the year award

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
I am not arguing that he wasn't doing it to save his life, but the alterations that were made to the scene completely altered the nature of the character.

In the original release, he's a rogue, not necessarily a "good" guy, but not a villain, either. Greedo looks like he wants to get the money and kill Han anyway, and would probably keep the money for himself. Han shoots him, proving to be smarter and faster to act.

After the edits, he's no longer a charming rogue who steps outside the law, he's a poor delivery boy who probably had no choice but to work for criminals, and he only fires in self-defense. Drastically different.

I don't doubt your book might say different, but that wasn't what happened in the OG movie and it doesn't count.

As such, Jaye is wrong. She witnessed a blasphemous copy of the scripture.

Almost as bad as replacing the officers' guns in ET with walkie-talkie radios.
Actually, I think the song replacement in Return is the worst of the worst ... but the walkie-talkies is a close second. This thing you're talking about -- that Greedo pulled his gun out and got off a shot -- Not real. Some sort of Mandela effect ...

Grif1001

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
Jaye's biggest nerd failure is her childhood argument about Han Solo. I accept everybody liking different characters, but Han fired the only shot. He wasn't shooting in self defense, he was proactive in eliminating an untrustworthy scumbag that would have killed him, if they'd been smarter.

But we still love her. Nobody is completely perfect.
o_O o_O :oops: What are you talking about? Jaye didn't nerd fail... She is saying exactly what you said... she says "Han Solo shot Greedo before he had a chance to pull his blaster. this means that, as you said, it wasn't in self defense, and there was only Han's shot. how is this a fail? oh wait, it's not.

Screenshot 2022-11-20 212838.png

4.60 star(s) 308 Votes