4.60 star(s) 308 Votes

Naxos

Engaged Member
May 9, 2018
I don't think he was a coward 5 years ago. He literally did what she asked for, getting out of her way, for good. That's a grave Jaye dugged by herself. As the great English striker said: Chat shit get banged.

Now leaving to Aspen for 3 months in the present, that was a shit move, I do agree with that. He was an idiot not to clear the air about everything, but then again, it feels more like "plot reasons", than any real one.
Go back to the conversation with the bar keep, he left not because she told him to, that was the excuse. He left because he was in love with her. He had already decided before the party that he was leaving and taking a year off. Instead of staying and dealing with whatever the outcome of that was he ran away. Seriously who in their right mind would run away because their teenage sister said she hated him and wanted him gone in a moment of anger. Even he knew that was not what she really wanted. Jaye was even pleading with him after a few month to come back, yet he still fucked off for 5 years. I've seen more effort from her to repair than from him.

Yeah I know it's plot reasons, I just reckon they could have done it a lot better. Hell they could even have agreed to a coffee, got heated said shit they'll regret and then he can move on, but no he did nothing.

Again this not like other games where we see the girls thoughts or hear what they say to others, everything has been purely from his perspective. I 100% agree Jaye has done a lot wrong is to blame for a lot of stuff, but as the saying goes it takes two to tango. I despise weak characters, and those who abandon their family even more, so I'm projecting a bit probably. His running away twice, his not sticking around even for a brief conversation. He didn't even give Jaye a chance to apologize for accusing him of not calling, sure she blocked his number 5 years before when she was hurt and angry, but seemed genuinely surprised it still was. Then in the lawyers office when George said Mallory was coming he didn't even question it. He should have demanded a lot of answers right then.

I'm just heaping more blame at him than at her because I believe he should have tried more than he did, or even at the very least try find out if she was ok. One of the worst things we can do to our loved ones (friends and family) is assume stuff without find out the truth. There are plenty reasons she could have not answered his call, lost or stolen phone, changed number (unlikely), but he just jumps to the assumption she doesn't want to talk to him.

Ok I've said it enough times now. Also replayed some of the intro again to check things where how I remembered them. From the way things ended I really can't see any way she could posibibly bring rapey-mcfuckface as her plus 1. Dev's please don't fuck that up.

Reactions: ktoutlaw80

Naxos

Engaged Member
May 9, 2018
I can respect your opinion my friend even if I don't agree with it. I do hope they can redeem Jaye as a character but so far she's got to be one of the most unlikeable main LI's I've encountered in a VN.
(y)
Even though that how I feel about the MC.
It's going to take a miracle for her to have a redemption arc where I can let the MC forgive her but I will never be able to look at her as a potential love interest.

I "may" be able to go as far as having friendly terms but she's just too unlikeable and her attitude is too shitty for anything more than that.
I'm hoping you're proven wrong and change your mind, but of course it's your choice.

Reactions: Demonspike666

spanner52

Jan 5, 2019
Love the story so far, but who do you side with MC or Jaye, mmmmm still out on that one, but I do love Mallory I wonder what is she really up to.

Reactions: Demonspike666

JanisL

Oct 30, 2018
Go back to the conversation with the bar keep, he left not because she told him to, that was the excuse. He left because he was in love with her. He had already decided before the party that he was leaving and taking a year off. Instead of staying and dealing with whatever the outcome of that was he ran away. Seriously who in their right mind would run away because their teenage sister said she hated him and wanted him gone in a moment of anger. Even he knew that was not what she really wanted. Jaye was even pleading with him after a few month to come back, yet he still fucked off for 5 years. I've seen more effort from her to repair than from him.

Yeah I know it's plot reasons, I just reckon they could have done it a lot better. Hell they could even have agreed to a coffee, got heated said shit they'll regret and then he can move on, but no he did nothing.

Again this not like other games where we see the girls thoughts or hear what they say to others, everything has been purely from his perspective. I 100% agree Jaye has done a lot wrong is to blame for a lot of stuff, but as the saying goes it takes two to tango. I despise weak characters, and those who abandon their family even more, so I'm projecting a bit probably. His running away twice, his not sticking around even for a brief conversation. He didn't even give Jaye a chance to apologize for accusing him of not calling, sure she blocked his number 5 years before when she was hurt and angry, but seemed genuinely surprised it still was. Then in the lawyers office when George said Mallory was coming he didn't even question it. He should have demanded a lot of answers right then.

I'm just heaping more blame at him than at her because I believe he should have tried more than he did, or even at the very least try find out if she was ok. One of the worst things we can do to our loved ones (friends and family) is assume stuff without find out the truth. There are plenty reasons she could have not answered his call, lost or stolen phone, changed number (unlikely), but he just jumps to the assumption she doesn't want to talk to him.

Ok I've said it enough times now. Also replayed some of the intro again to check things where how I remembered them. From the way things ended I really can't see any way she could posibibly bring rapey-mcfuckface as her plus 1. Dev's please don't fuck that up.
Perhaps you are right. But... But then why hasn't she called herself? Still resentful? I don't think so. It's just not proper for Her Majesty.

TomPhan

Jan 1, 2019
From the way things ended I really can't see any way she could posibibly bring rapey-mcfuckface as her plus 1. Dev's please don't fuck that up.
I'm with you on this one. I don't know what plot twist they might come up with, but for her to bring that fucker along would kill her off as a potential LI for pretty much everyone. Considering this is still more or less the beginning of the story, that just can't be the play.

Demonspike666

Jan 11, 2021
Again I find myself agreeing 100%.

I don't think i've ever disliked a character in one these VN's more than I dislike her.

It's going to take a miracle for her to have a redemption arc where I can let the MC forgive her but I will never be able to look at her as a potential love interest.

I "may" be able to go as far as having friendly terms but she's just too unlikeable and her attitude is too shitty for anything more than that.

Compared to the other female characters she just isn't in the running for LI.
I'm all aboard the Mallory train so far. Her story feels more engaging even though she has only been introduced. She's nerdy like Jaye yet seems to have less personality flaws despite her past.

Synnerai

Nov 11, 2016
I was thinking about her bringing the Rapeface with her and it's not only a shitty and petty thing to do to the MC, to Tara and the most of all to herself, but also to the Rapeface himself.

I mean, she takes him on a yacht on the other side of the world just because she wants to make a guy jealous. It's obvious she didn't bring him there because she wants to be with him. What is he supposed to do there? xD

If this really happens, it's the shittiest most loser thing in a story I have seen in a while. xD She would be like those trashy lolcow internet people who ruin life for themselves and others because they are out of touch, petty and live inside their head. xD

-Hex-

Purging Heresy
Donor
Compressor
Sep 18, 2017
I was thinking about her bringing the Rapeface with her and it's not only a shitty and petty thing to do to the MC, to Tara and the most of all to herself, but also to the Rapeface himself.

I mean, she takes him on a yacht on the other side of the world just because she wants to make a guy jealous. It's obvious she didn't bring him there because she wants to be with him. What is he supposed to do there? xD

If this really happens, it's the shittiest most loser thing in a story I have seen in a while. xD She would be like those trashy lolcow internet people who ruin life for themselves and others because they are out of touch, petty and live inside their head. xD
But of course, what comes natural to him, he'll try to rape someone :unsure:

Demonspike666

Jan 11, 2021

Agreed. If she really has brought Rapey McFuckface with her just to make MC jealous then I won't even entertain the idea of her being an LI.

Jul 13, 2018
That's cool. I do loose my cool with these kind of stories it gets my emotions really wound up and so I did over react. I don't really think the story is shit but I can't handle separation stories to well.

It is almost like having a panic attack and causes a lot of anxiety for me so then I just start spouting non sense. :LOL:

I was a little bored with the prologue though not a big fan of flashbacks.
the only reason i dont like the ending is the fact that the almost rapist might be there again its because i have been in a similar situation myself where the person i loved left me for an asshole like that. Its just things like this bring back bad memories to me which makes it kinda painful for me to read stuff like that . I think some people here might have been thought something similar as well which is why for us its bad because it makes us mad or hurt or both. Which is why i hope this isnt going the way i think this will and lets hope if it goes that way its only for the next update i dont want to see that asshole in any chapter honestly

Last edited:

cakeny

Jul 23, 2020
Sucks we didn't get a choice to tell Mallory to pound sand when she wanted an interview in first place.

I'm all aboard the Mallory train so far. Her story feels more engaging even though she has only been introduced. She's nerdy like Jaye yet seems to have less personality flaws despite her past.
Her actions really made me despise her. Do everything I can do to get rid of her and still get forced with the kiss to make Jaye mad at you again.

Last edited:

Faptime

Mar 25, 2018
Am I the only one who stills loves Jaye? Lol

Their relationship has been a fucking comedy of errors, with neither of them being honest with the other about their feelings. Every shitty thing that's happened between them is because neither of them had the balls to say "I love you way more than I should." I'm terrified that Rapey McRaperton is her +1 because that's going to be a very tough pill to swallow.

Mallory scares me a bit. I really like her but I feel that starting something with her will lead me to having to choose between two girls during a house fire. I also get the feeling that she's MC's full sister and she knew this fact the whole time. Edit to say she's probably his half-sister because I don't see MC's awesome mom leaving a child behind.

Absolutely love this story, though, and how invested I am in it. Cannot wait for the next update.

Last edited:

snapturtle34

Jun 24, 2017
Glad to see that im not the only one ready to dump Jaye if she made the total bitch move of bringing the rape guy with her... Like cmon.. I cant find any good logical way for her to get out of that..

4.60 star(s) 308 Votes