4.60 star(s) 308 Votes

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
If they swapped Tara in the place of Mallory, it would have been the perfect choice - Tara being involved with MC and Jaye since the beginning and being the opposite of Jaye, so it would make some very good "Fire and Ice" contrast to the story regarding the LI's.
I like Tara a great deal, but Tara replacing Mallory would totally change the story.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Would I like to get more Tara insights - cheat codes and backstory with Jaye or where she helped the MC - Absolutely!

I just don't see Tara front and center of this story as one of two primary LIs.

Chasing Sunsets is not that AVN, it just was not written that way.

It is a tribute to the devs that they created an important, but secondary, female character who is drawing this level of fandom.

Who knows, the next AVN they do could put Tara and her family up front and show Tara as a primary LI, just with a different MC.

Is Tara a first-generation U.S. citizen; is she a dual citizen (U.S. and Iceland, for example). (If her last name is a teaser, Iceland is one of the countries that makes sense - the only match I have a reference for was my college Geology professor from Iceland and her name ended in dottir. This could also be more common in other Scandinavian countries of course)?

We know her family is well off but How well off and what do her parents do?

Perhaps Jaye and the MC can do cameo's in the next AVN where Tara takes the lead.

It is all in the capable hands of the devs.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Here's my two pesos for whatever it's worth...

SanchoMod
The Tara Reduex Edition

Coming soon.

Complete rewrite dedicated for one of the best alt-characters in VN history...
1681609580349.png

Everything you've come to expect from a SanchoMod plus the awesome and continuous evolution of Python power to fully customize your experience with the latest Core v7b. Professionally coded, dependable, trusted.
1681609998421.png
All hail Queen Tara. Long live the Queen.

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
Here's my two pesos for whatever it's worth...

SanchoMod
The Tara Reduex Edition

Coming soon.

Complete rewrite dedicated for one of the best alt-characters in VN history...

Everything you've come to expect from a SanchoMod plus the awesome and continuous evolution of Python power to fully customize your experience with the latest Core v7b. Professionally coded, dependable, trusted.
All hail Queen Tara. Long live the Queen.
*looks at the date* No, that was two weeks ago ...

c.mork

Nov 3, 2022

And here we go!
While Kent is still burning the midnight oil to fill in the last bits of art, the script is complete and the chapter is playable front to back.
With that milestone achieved, the first playable binary has been compiled and is out to proofreaders to look for errors in the narration and dialogue.
This brings us to "what's left to do."
  • End of Chapter Summary
  • Achievements and Scene/Image Unlocks
  • Sound/Music
  • The bits of art left on Kent's plate
  • Various fit and finish items and dialogue refinement
That list is going to shrink very quickly over the coming few days.
We're starting to feel comfortable with a projected release date, and we're shooting for April 30. If we miss that date, it won't be by much on either side.
The next few weeks are always super crazy as we squash bugs, shore up weak dialogue, and make sure all of the math adds up. The next post will be to announce beta testers are digging in, followed by the official release for patrons and Steam customers on the same day.
As always, thanks for bearing with us while we do our thing! The wait is almost over.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Stone Fox Studios / Kentyrr

Bug Report - Chapter 6

During the mod overhaul I'm currently under I've gone over everything with a fine-toothed comb and added new features to the mod. One of them is a proper dynamic pathing stat that alerted me to an issue late in Chapter 6 that I never caught before and haven't seen mentioned anywhere... and it can be a problem depending on a very common Player pathing setup.

If the Player is on Jaye's Path, chose to be in an "Intimate" relp with Mal, then doesn't "Friendzone" Jaye at the resort we have a conflict of outcomes in the label ch6room2.

At the start of the label the conditional forces the MalRelpState variable to change from "Intimate" to "Cheat" (I write them in quotes for clarification since they are obviously integers):
Python:
    if num025 == 1:
        $ num025 = 4  # SanchoNote: This is a problem, see line 4343 which becomes impossible
The above integer change makes the below Mallory TrustPnt change in the same label impossible:
Python:
    if bool100 == False:  # SanchoNote: Player did NOT go for another "round" with Mal in the morning (69 scene).
        if num025 == 1:  # SanchoNote: this is impossible due to the above which changed the var to 4, none of the below will trigger.
            $ UpdateRP(-8, "num003")
            $ ClearNotify()
            ath "Sorry Mal...I'm only human."
So, I'm at a crossroads in finalizing the multi-day mod "reduex": Which do you intend to keep as reference (num025(1) or num025(4)) and should Mallory's Trust be reduced or not (because it currently isn't possible), etc at the end of Chapter 6 (and therefore the start of the pending Chapter 7).

I've gone over the conditionals in the Chapter 6 "Summary" and luckily none of those are borked due to the above, but it's still an issue since, as of the end of Chapter 6 in it's current form (and those Player's current saves), if the Player is on Jaye's Path, told Mallory they feel the relp is "Intimate", stayed on Jay's Path and slept with her, then Mal's RelpState variable is now 4 (cheated) and her Trust is NOT reduced by any amount (-8 noted above doesn't trigger).

This should be somehow resolved (however you wish) in the initialization of the pending Chapter 7 starting code script (to check the setup above and adjust as needed/desired). But, I'd like to ask what your outcome is going to be ahead of time so I can finish this dang project rewrite thru Ch6. Regards.

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Stone Fox Studios / Kentyrr

Bug Report - Chapter 6

During the mod overhaul I'm currently under I've gone over everything with a fine-toothed comb and added new features to the mod. One of them is a proper dynamic pathing stat that alerted me to an issue late in Chapter 6 that I never caught before and haven't seen mentioned anywhere... and it can be a problem depending on a very common Player pathing setup.

If the Player is on Jaye's Path, chose to be in an "Intimate" relp with Mal, then doesn't "Friendzone" Jaye at the resort we have a conflict of outcomes in the label ch6room2.

At the start of the label the conditional forces the MalRelpState variable to change from "Intimate" to "Cheat" (I write them in quotes for clarification since they are obviously integers):
Python:
    if num025 == 1:
        $ num025 = 4  # SanchoNote: This is a problem, see line 4343 which becomes impossible
The above integer change makes the below Mallory TrustPnt change in the same label impossible:
Python:
    if bool100 == False:  # SanchoNote: Player did NOT go for another "round" with Mal in the morning (69 scene).
        if num025 == 1:  # SanchoNote: this is impossible due to the above which changed the var to 4, none of the below will trigger.
            $ UpdateRP(-8, "num003")
            $ ClearNotify()
            ath "Sorry Mal...I'm only human."
So, I'm at a crossroads in finalizing the multi-day mod "reduex": Which do you intend to keep as reference (num025(1) or num025(4)) and should Mallory's Trust be reduced or not (because it currently isn't possible), etc at the end of Chapter 6 (and therefore the start of the pending Chapter 7).

I've gone over the conditionals in the Chapter 6 "Summary" and luckily none of those are borked due to the above, but it's still an issue since, as of the end of Chapter 6 in it's current form (and those Player's current saves), if the Player is on Jaye's Path, told Mallory they feel the relp is "Intimate", stayed on Jay's Path and slept with her, then Mal's RelpState variable is now 4 (cheated) and her Trust is NOT reduced by any amount (-8 noted above doesn't trigger).

This should be somehow resolved (however you wish) in the initialization of the pending Chapter 7 starting code script (to check the setup above and adjust as needed/desired). But, I'd like to ask what your outcome is going to be ahead of time so I can finish this dang project rewrite thru Ch6. Regards.
For "Plan B" I'm going to code the new CriticalPath popup in the pending Redeux mod rewrite. This will change ALL variables correctly to keep the playthrough as pure as possible but it's still considered a cheat so the disclaimers hold true. The entire screen info display is dynamic according to the current playthrough (everything seen listed changes automatically dependent on previous choices). The popup will NOT display if the Player is currently playing with the ChoiceGuide OFF, it's only presented if the guide is ON. I'll sort anything out in Chapter 7 as necessary for the dev team if the above bug isn't resolved. Here's a teaser of the tentative popup:
1681744574019.png

I've also added SanchoNotes to the guide to reflect the current script coding with warnings and info as required. This info is also obviously dynamic and changes or displayed completely dependent on previous choices, so the below guide info is all relative to the Player being on the "bug" pathing setup:
1681745291546.png 1681745405468.png

I ain't gonna lie, this kinda sucks since there's two variants of the VN (steam and non-steam) so I have to do all of this twice... but it is what it is. Back to the grind...

Last edited:

funkymonkeyjedi

Jan 16, 2023
I for one, am not that bothered if they're late or have to push the deadline out further.
It'll only be sweeter when the update hits the proverbial shelves.
Good things come to those who wait.
:cool:

WHERE'S THAT UPDATE??

Sorry!
had to get that out of my system..
:ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: Tulrek

keefer43

Dec 24, 2019

And here we go!
While Kent is still burning the midnight oil to fill in the last bits of art, the script is complete and the chapter is playable front to back.
With that milestone achieved, the first playable binary has been compiled and is out to proofreaders to look for errors in the narration and dialogue.
This brings us to "what's left to do."
  • End of Chapter Summary
  • Achievements and Scene/Image Unlocks
  • Sound/Music
  • The bits of art left on Kent's plate
  • Various fit and finish items and dialogue refinement
That list is going to shrink very quickly over the coming few days.
We're starting to feel comfortable with a projected release date, and we're shooting for April 30. If we miss that date, it won't be by much on either side.
The next few weeks are always super crazy as we squash bugs, shore up weak dialogue, and make sure all of the math adds up. The next post will be to announce beta testers are digging in, followed by the official release for patrons and Steam customers on the same day.
As always, thanks for bearing with us while we do our thing! The wait is almost over.
Here - I'll lend you my calculator:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Ilhares / Lostanddamned

Let me know if either or both of you want to test the mod redux via a private build for either version (steam/non-steam) before I push this public. I'm polishing the wheels on it now but I've changed so much Core code that a little help testing wouldn't hurt nobody. I'm confident it's 100% but that's exactly what worries me tbh. If you don't have time nor the inclination then no worries, just thought I'd ask both of ya.

Regards.

Ilhares

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2019
Ilhares / Lostanddamned

Let me know if either or both of you want to test the mod redux via a private build for either version (steam/non-steam) before I push this public.
I would absolutely love to, but as I am in a 2-door residence, I fear my access to the PCs (main or backup) are too unpredictable to commit fairly.

4.60 star(s) 308 Votes