4.60 star(s) 308 Votes

Tremonia

Queen Lydia's bitch
Donor
Jun 14, 2020
My elder brother. First one on the forums I can recall that didn't say "boomer". Snowflakes don't understand that our parents born post-WW2 are the baby boomers... we were born into 'Nam (Fort Sill baby myself).
If someone calls you boomer it's not about your physical age.

Reactions: wolfie2856

Tremonia

Queen Lydia's bitch
Donor
Jun 14, 2020
Well bud, I refuse to recognize Snoflake imposed slangs for those that already existed for decades... nor "preferred pronouns". To each their own though.
Well, I'm a boomer myself in my country which isn't the same generation as in your country. This "slang" is just an answer of the young people to simple minded opinions expressed by people, mostly baby boomers, which the speaker individually perceives as narrow-minded, outdated, negatively derogatory, or condescending. Often these are statements related to technological progress, global warming, the definition of minorities or general attitudes and values of the younger generations. So, if you call people Snowflake it just confirms their perception about you as a boomer. It's a typical generational conflict. On the one hand, the generations that brought about today's situations and, on the other hand, those who have to live with these situations. The fact that the boomers feel attacked by the allegations is in the nature of things.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
SanchoMod Maintenance Update for Steam / non-Steam (Non-Critical)
Massive rewrite and porting to the latest mod Core
1681828025872.png 1681828111432.png

Go get you some.

Links in mod's OP and FAQ are updated accordingly.

Changlelog (highlights, see FAQ for details):
  • Updated feature - Updated to latest mod Core v7b
  • Updated feature - Updated SanchoGallery according to latest Core, includes new scene filters.
  • Updated feature - Updated SanchoCheats according to latest Core.
  • New feature - QM HoverMode. Additional QuickMenu customization found in SanchoOptions and can also be toggled with the appropriate HotKey "q". Described in detail in a post in the mod's thread here.
  • New feature - Added all the latest HotKeys. Alt+ArrowKeys for dialogue text size/opacity, Lower-case "g" for ChoiceGuide, Lower-case "m" for MiniStat, Lower-case "q" for QuickMenu, Lower-case "s" for medium SanchoStat, Lower-case "o" for SanchoOptions, Lower-case "c" for SanchoCheats. These work exactly as if you had clicked them in the MiniMenu or SanchoOptions, they just give you another way to do something faster or more conveniently. (Yes, I took the "s" key. Use shift+"s" or alt+"s" for screenshots).
  • New feature - HotKey toggled "S" key found in SanchoCheats. Toggle allows the HotKey to set to either the default "S" or the alternative "T". Now you can have your precious "s" key back if you must.
  • New feature - Dedicated mod sound volume control found in Preferences.
  • New feature - CriticalPath Popup Screen (in-game only). During critical points in conditionals behind the scenes (in the dev's code) provides you a popup that allows you to change important story scenarios on a case-by-case basis. Only populates if the ChoiceGuide is enabled.
  • All the minor stuff you may or may not notice to make it even more polished.
Simply download and reinstall over existing mod installation, overwriting as requested if necessary.

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
Damn, that takes me back. Missile Command and Centipede were the ones I played the most at arcades ... and we had a special knob attachment for our later Ataris to play games like Tempest.

However, most of my time at arcades was spent at Pinball machines or Skeeball though. Man, I wore the Buck Rogers machine at the Straw Hat out! And I'd amassed so many tickets from the local amusement park arcade that when my then-pre-teen cousin visited when I was in my 20s I told her she could have whatever she wanted from the prize counter ... she picked a good one. Only cost a few thousand tickets. (The worker wasn't happy with me, but kept smiling for my cousin)

One of the most painful moments for me (philosophically speaking) was when the last pinball machine was taken out of the place I bowl league at (in fact, apparently it was so painful a memory I can't remember if it happened before closing for the pandemic or after reopening). Anyway, probably hadn't played it more than once or twice a year when it happened, but still ...

EDIT: Almost forgot. Got my first boombox with tickets from that same arcade ^_^ That also came with me and my Commodore.
A good friend had a pinball machine at home - dad was a Doc, mom a RN. It was in the utility room that served as a "pool house". I almost liked the pinball more than the pool, but I liked the girls in the pool better than the pinball, so....

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
You genX guys make me feel young again.
I'm barely Gen-X - I think I was within the first 12 or 15 months of the "new" generation.

I think my parents were technically pre-boomers: they came around in the year before the US entered WW2.

SFS_Stoya

Apr 18, 2023
Stone Fox Studios / Kentyrr

Bug Report - Chapter 6

During the mod overhaul I'm currently under I've gone over everything with a fine-toothed comb and added new features to the mod. One of them is a proper dynamic pathing stat that alerted me to an issue late in Chapter 6 that I never caught before and haven't seen mentioned anywhere... and it can be a problem depending on a very common Player pathing setup.

If the Player is on Jaye's Path, chose to be in an "Intimate" relp with Mal, then doesn't "Friendzone" Jaye at the resort we have a conflict of outcomes in the label ch6room2.

At the start of the label the conditional forces the MalRelpState variable to change from "Intimate" to "Cheat" (I write them in quotes for clarification since they are obviously integers):
Python:
    if num025 == 1:
        $ num025 = 4  # SanchoNote: This is a problem, see line 4343 which becomes impossible
The above integer change makes the below Mallory TrustPnt change in the same label impossible:
Python:
    if bool100 == False:  # SanchoNote: Player did NOT go for another "round" with Mal in the morning (69 scene).
        if num025 == 1:  # SanchoNote: this is impossible due to the above which changed the var to 4, none of the below will trigger.
            $ UpdateRP(-8, "num003")
            $ ClearNotify()
            ath "Sorry Mal...I'm only human."
So, I'm at a crossroads in finalizing the multi-day mod "reduex": Which do you intend to keep as reference (num025(1) or num025(4)) and should Mallory's Trust be reduced or not (because it currently isn't possible), etc at the end of Chapter 6 (and therefore the start of the pending Chapter 7).

I've gone over the conditionals in the Chapter 6 "Summary" and luckily none of those are borked due to the above, but it's still an issue since, as of the end of Chapter 6 in it's current form (and those Player's current saves), if the Player is on Jaye's Path, told Mallory they feel the relp is "Intimate", stayed on Jay's Path and slept with her, then Mal's RelpState variable is now 4 (cheated) and her Trust is NOT reduced by any amount (-8 noted above doesn't trigger).

This should be somehow resolved (however you wish) in the initialization of the pending Chapter 7 starting code script (to check the setup above and adjust as needed/desired). But, I'd like to ask what your outcome is going to be ahead of time so I can finish this dang project rewrite thru Ch6. Regards.
Hey Sancho,

DM me when you get a chance and I'll give you the deets on how this and other bugs will be dealt with in Ch7.

This is a throwaway account, so I don't have enough post history to DM you directly.

Thanks!

Stoya

Kassan06969

Apr 14, 2022
I still can't believe people get butthurt and think it's ntr when 2 of the girls hook up together. My best friend when we were 22 (LONG ago) was ecstatic when his girlfriend (who was a stripper!) said he could be with other girls as long as he brought them back to her.

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
I still can't believe people get butthurt and think it's ntr when 2 of the girls hook up together. My best friend when we were 22 (LONG ago) was ecstatic when his girlfriend (who was a stripper!) said he could be with other girls as long as he brought them back to her.
I'm with you, but for some people it's the same. I don't get it, but I get it.

Of course, if that's difficult for a person, not sure how they play most games available on this site ...

4.60 star(s) 308 Votes