4.60 star(s) 308 Votes

WuzzyFuzzy

Jan 23, 2020
Well I'm a contrarian, I admit it. If I see a route being forced I like to see how an author handles the free will of a player like me. In this case, a painful end. Can't say I agree with the conclusion as it smacks of illusion of choice. But only a game and now it's off to Elsewhere.

Stick a fork in it... ;)

Reactions: Carefree247

gam2000

Apr 12, 2021
I might just be an idiot buy how is the game versions numbered? I downloaded v 0.8 and when I load the game it says chapter 7. Is that right or is this supposed to be chapter 8? Just wondering.
This is discussed at length many times in early pages.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
if it helps
here some saves

1-2 is close to end of ch6
Thanks, I tried yours just for curiosity (I have hundreds) and I have no exception error issue loading your Feb saves from Page 1 FWIW... both loaded modded or unmodded. BUT if you load any of those and as soon as you load them roll back a bit and you'll see the huge skip... this is where things are falling apart on some saves. For example, load up your 10th save where your save shows the Ch3 start screen snapshot. When loaded it's skipped to the "Polygene Headquarters" screen. Now rollback just one step and your blasted back to the prev Ch2 Summary screen, then roll back one just more step and it's Jaye in the bathroom. It's all whacky.

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
I assume you can have both Jaye & Mallory is that true? although I will stick to Jaye I was just wondering

Jarulf

Aug 9, 2020
I assume you can have both Jaye & Mallory is that true? although I will stick to Jaye I was just wondering
I think the jury is still out on that one. We don't know yet. You can have them both up till this chapter, but we don't know if you will be able to in the future.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Joshy92
Jan 14, 2023
I have both Mallory and Jaye almost max trust and love, but with the new chapter 7 somehow they ended up finding out that the MC was not truthful about the relationship, so I got the game ended with them pretty much leaving the MC so it's game over. Not sure how do I go about trying to have relationship with both Mallory and Jaye.

Version is Steam release not using any mods.

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: Joshy92

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
Thanks, I tried yours just for curiosity (I have hundreds) and I have no exception error issue loading your Feb saves from Page 1 FWIW... both loaded modded or unmodded. BUT if you load any of those and as soon as you load them roll back a bit and you'll see the huge skip... this is where things are falling apart on some saves. For example, load up your 10th save where your save shows the Ch3 start screen snapshot. When loaded it's skipped to the "Polygene Headquarters" screen. Now rollback just one step and your blasted back to the prev Ch2 Summary screen, then roll back one just more step and it's Jaye in the bathroom. It's all whacky.
i just did that
and the scene i got after " Ch2 Summary screen, then roll back one just more step and it's Jaye in the bathroom"
is jaye in the bedroom

Screenshot_3.png

well

nvm - im sure you figure it out :)
just wanted helping a bit and dont keep you busy at forums instead of working on it :ROFLMAO:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
i just did that
and the scene i got after " Ch2 Summary screen, then roll back one just more step and it's Jaye in the bathroom"
is jaye in the bedroom

View attachment 2603260

well

nvm - im sure you figure it out :)
just wanted helping a bit and dont keep you busy at forums instead of working on it :ROFLMAO:
Crazy, right?

I have the same problem with errors. I'm running win 7 and when I run clean or with the new joker mod, no save works. Ver 7a saves work in ver 7a.
Yes, last night I thought maybe it was my mod related but then I went all unmodded, old saves bork crazy but only in non-Steam.

To summarize (trying not to write a wall of text):
The exception is based around RenPy trying to set the audio channel to some randomized channel... then it picks a seemingly random channel name that the integers (numbers) differ on each exception depending on the save. For example:
1683475266557.png
That "_movie_52" changes to "_movie_xx" (some other number) depending on the save and it's location in the story progression. There's no files named anything like that and nothing blatantly obvious in the code. I'm starting to wonder if it's the Mutagen code the dev's have used forever is picking up on something during this RenPy 8 bump that's borking things... but I still need time to analyze as it's like finding a needle in a haystack with a unicorn standing on it.

Edit: I'm testing on compressed non-Steam for what it's worth... full disclosure.

Last edited:
Reactions: Boehser Onkel

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I have the same problem with errors. I'm running win 7 and when I run clean or with the new joker mod, no save works. Ver 7a saves work in ver 7a.
Question, are you on compressed or uncompressed non-Steam bud? Just seeing if your base is the same or different than what I'm testing on. Thanks in advance.

Coroner90

Mar 18, 2022
I have both Mallory and Jaye almost max trust and love, but with the new chapter 7 somehow they ended up finding out that the MC was not truthful about the relationship, so I got the game ended with them pretty much leaving the MC so it's game over. Not sure how do I go about trying to have relationship with both Mallory and Jaye.

Version is Steam release not using any mods.
you pick open relationship with both

Caesariuz

Dec 27, 2018
Question, are you on compressed or uncompressed non-Steam bud? Just seeing if your base is the same or different than what I'm testing on. Thanks in advance.
Im not anvil1 but Im having the same issue: cant load any previous save.
Been using an unmodded / uncompressed 0.7a version prior to this new release.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Im not anvil1 but Im having the same issue: cant load any previous save.
Been using an unmodded / uncompressed 0.7a version prior to this new release.
This is good info for me. So, to clarify, you've not used a mod during your previous (v0.7/v0.7a) saves and your are attempting to load those non-mod saves inside a clean/unmodded v0.8... all of which are non-Steam. Correct? (Just trying to get complete clarity here).

Also, what is the error? Is it just a rollback error or something else? Thanks in advance.

Caesariuz

Dec 27, 2018
This is good info for me. So, to clarify, you've not used a mod during your previous (v0.7/v0.7a) saves and your are attempting to load those non-mod saves inside a clean/unmodded v0.8... all of which are non-Steam. Correct? (Just trying to get complete clarity here).

Also, what is the error? Is it just a rollback error or something else? Thanks in advance.
You´re correct on everything.
This is the error I get:

Code:
While running game code:
  File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 463, in __call__
    renpy.load(fn)
AttributeError: Can't get attribute 'soundtrack' on <renpy.python.StoreModule object at 0x0000000003c19730>

Reactions: jackob2
4.60 star(s) 308 Votes