4.60 star(s) 308 Votes

Retrofire

Jul 4, 2019
I'm not grammar-policing you, just making sure you're aware that the "special relp" is by accepting the grouping, not declining it... just making sure you don't have it twisted. And the fact that the Player gets more Mal pnts via remaining solo is by design... I can tell from the code. She is accepting of the group relp but the dev is insuring that she really wants a "normal" relp (according to the point system). That's my take as of the current update (and the one you folks ain't seen yet), later updates I reserve the right to completely change my mind. :ROFLMAO:
Accepting the threesome after first declining it sets Mallory's relationship integer to 5, which seems to correlate to a more positive threesome experience in the flavor text during the two-week timeskip and in the end of chapter summary.

Declining the threesome entirely on the Mallory Love Path sets relationship integer to 6, with a Grinch-toned post-chapter summary implying she fell hard for you when you did that. Something about her heart growing three sizes that day. I think we're both right without that being mutually-exclusive. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Reactions: ename144

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Accepting the threesome after first declining it sets Mallory's relationship integer to 5, which seems to correlate to a more positive threesome experience in the flavor text during the two-week timeskip and in the end of chapter summary.

Declining the threesome entirely on the Mallory Love Path sets relationship integer to 6, with a Grinch-toned post-chapter summary implying she fell hard for you when you did that. Something about her heart growing three sizes that day. I think we're both right without that being mutually-exlusive. :ROFLMAO:
Well, I'm quite aware of the deets bud. Best to keep it simple though as there's currently only 6 variants for Mal (well 7, I'll explain last):
Mal(5) is not a "more positive 3some"... it's the only 3some... that's exactly what it means.
Mal(6) is easiest thought as "hard love" which trumps Mal(1).

The seventh (which has the same theory for Jaye being her fifth) is if LI#1 is Open and LI#2 is Committed then during Ch7 there is a momentary "Shaky" relp that will then very soon afterwards turn to "Friend".

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
From a story perspective, you may be at the worst 'verbiage' for Mallory's trust level in game (at this stage at least). I'm not sure how she could even associate with the MC if she was less trusting than she is here.

I do like the 'state of relations' with Jaye and Mallory that the end of chapter summary provides.

Was Mallory's trust verbiage equally bad for each of the prior chapter summaries or is the lack of trust language escalating as we get closer to the end of the story?
the jump from the previous chapter seems unjustified.
screenshot0002.png

in the chapter, for those who are not in a relationship with her, it is not that there are many interactions: the discussion on the use of the crucible, in which I still gained points with her, and the ending in which MC saves her life.

doesn't seem to me the right premise for this deterioration of their relationship

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
the jump from the previous chapter seems unjustified.
View attachment 2617084

in the chapter, for those who are not in a relationship with her, it is not that there are many interactions: the discussion on the use of the crucible, in which I still gained points with her, and the ending in which MC saves her life.

doesn't seem to me the right premise for this deterioration of their relationship
Based on the prior chapter description, I understand where you are coming from. I have not tried to play 'against' having neither Jaye nor Mallory as LIs so I have no sense of the spectrum from 'no trust to Total trust.' It may be that Mallory feels like she has so much more to lose the further we get into her story. I also wonder if the Love status does not somehow impact the Trust status...

Still - props to the devs for giving us a chapter-by-chapter litmus test of where we stand with each of the two primary LIs. If I was not playing with either a modded rev or the walkthrough, this would definitely let me know if the time I was spending on my play through was actually taking me where I wanted to go.

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
No, they are posted, you will have to search "compressed". Mods and uploaders have decided to no longer link compressed posts in the OP (for the majority some are there). It is out of our control, but 98% of the time the compressed version is posted, and I know for a fact this game has since I did it ;)
Look at my sig although Cabin Fever already told you, and can confirm what SOL said since I'm playing his compressed ver.
The problem has become that so many people are creating posts looking for "compressed", and so many others are telling them to search, that when one does do the search it is difficult to find the post that actually has the desired links.

Unfortunately, this post will add at least one more to that mess. Even if I hadn't written that word, it would still have shown up in the search since I responded to posts that did.

Congrats to F95 for adding to unneeded posts and mass confusion on your site. :poop:

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
The problem has become that so many people are creating posts looking for "compressed", and so many others are telling them to search, that when one does do the search it is difficult to find the post that actually has the desired links.

Unfortunately, this post will add at least one more to that mess. Even if I hadn't written that word, it would still have shown up in the search since I responded to posts that did.

Congrats to F95 for adding to unneeded posts and mass confusion on your site. :poop:
That is 100% true but by doing this little trick it will help you immesnly.

Changing search settings to bring up "most recent". Also, searching words like "compressed win", or "compressed mac", and so forth.

The reason they did it was because reports were getting out of control and there are not enough staff to do the actual work in uploading the game. Here is a little nugget of information that is not well known. Sometime in the "near future" there will be something that will add compressed post to the OP auto"magically". When they will come? No idea, but it sounds like it will lighten the load even more for the staff.

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
That is 100% true but by doing this little trick it will help you immesnly.

Changing search settings to bring up "most recent". Also, searching words like "compressed win", or "compressed mac", and so forth.

The reason they did it was because reports were getting out of control and there are not enough staff to do the actual work in uploading the game. Here is a little nugget of information that is not well known. Sometime in the "near future" there will be something that will add compressed post to the OP auto"magically". When they will come? No idea, but it sounds like it will lighten the load even more for the staff.
I am well aware of the settings function you mentioned. However, even so, especially if one comes into the game a few days after the release, the links can be well down the search page. I pity the new player who comes into a popular game a few months down the line, looking for the compressed version.

The whole thing could be mitigated if the staff placed a disclaimer stating that compressed versions now need to be searched for, in the place where compressed links normally were found. I would hope that people looking for the links on the OP would actually notice such a warning. Perhaps I am overoptimistic. :)

I look forward to "the near future". :D

Aryanblood17

Feb 4, 2020
I can see lot of music tracks in game files but no music is playing in game for me apart from in main menu (new save). Is music only implemented in later chapters? I am still on Ch2

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
I am well aware of the settings function you mentioned. However, even so, especially if one comes into the game a few days after the release, the links can be well down the search page. I pity the new player who comes into a popular game a few months down the line, looking for the compressed version.

The whole thing could be mitigated if the staff placed a disclaimer stating that compressed versions now need to be searched for, in the place where compressed links normally were found. I would hope that people looking for the links on the OP would actually notice such a warning. Perhaps I am overoptimistic. :)

I look forward to "the near future". :D
They would not read it anyway. Just like most have never read the GCR thread rules and the rest of it.

Searching compress + win/mac will remove a lot of those posts or searching compressed v0.8a (yip 2 results :) )

1683967863460.png

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Based on the prior chapter description, I understand where you are coming from. I have not tried to play 'against' having neither Jaye nor Mallory as LIs so I have no sense of the spectrum from 'no trust to Total trust.' It may be that Mallory feels like she has so much more to lose the further we get into her story. I also wonder if the Love status does not somehow impact the Trust status...

Still - props to the devs for giving us a chapter-by-chapter litmus test of where we stand with each of the two primary LIs. If I was not playing with either a modded rev or the walkthrough, this would definitely let me know if the time I was spending on my play through was actually taking me where I wanted to go.
but that's exactly the point, I didn't play against Mallory, I just refused to have sex with her, so I'm perfectly fine with the love score being low and I'm also fine with it not being able to max out the trust score anyway, but it makes a lot less sense that it went from full trust and risk of betrayal after saving her life.

in that run I did the same with Jaye and although she certainly doesn't have an easy character, she takes it much but much better.
screenshot0003.png
screenshot0004.png

the narrative issue unfortunately doesn't have much to do with it, as the recap is mainly a matter of score, below a certain threshold Mallory obviously doesn't trust MC anymore, it's just funny that this change is happening right now

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
Wtf that happened in the end both malory and Jay left with a letter. I just follow the walkthrough, and end is this where did went wrong
I did not get that ending, following either the walkthrough or Sancho's mod.

What ending were you trying to get?

Show your chapter ending summary screen shot and I'm sure someone can help you.

greenjf

Sep 23, 2020
It happens if you agree to be committed to both girls instead of asking for an open relationship iirc. Basically stop trying to make it a harem game.
I think its going to get even worse as we go along. The game has already pretty much told you that the girls are not happy with the open relation. If you look at their personalities, neither of them come across as a sharing person, expressly Jaye.

Reactions: Sandaru_Wikasitha
4.60 star(s) 308 Votes