4.60 star(s) 308 Votes

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
Kentyrr Sancho1969

I downloaded the non-steam PC version of things today:
Chasing Files.jpg

Upon attempting to save the game via either right click, "Save" command, or, frankly, using any other quick command on the screen, I got this:

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.​
While running game code:​
Exception: Audio channel '_movie_35' is unknown.​

Traceback file attached.

I can't get past this. I can "ignore" or "rollback", but that only allows me to continue the game - it does not allow me to save.

A few things which may or may not be helpful/pertinent:
  1. I downloaded from Mixdrop and the download "failed" several times, picking up when I hit the little circle arrow to tell it to try again, so, maybe, something corrupted during that process. Don't really want to redownload and unpack again, but if that's what I need to do....
  2. I didn't DL the "8 to 8a patch" because that looks like something one only needs if they originally downloaded 8 and didn't want to delete that and do a full download of 8a.
  3. My playthrough of 7 was completed using the Sancho mod.
  4. I was using a save from the end of 7, which, again, used Sancho.
  5. My saved game did not include any screwing around with cheats - I really only use the WT aspect of the Mod.
  6. I closed and reopened the game to see if that helped, but didn't. Oddly, the persistent file had recorded my "unsaved" play and allowed me to skip through, even though the save I had been playing clearly wasn't "saved" after my play. I suspect that might have been due to the autosave process.
  7. Is it possible the Mixdrop and Mega files are incomplete? They both list a "5.51Gb" file size while GoFile lists "5.9Gb" file size - that seems extreme for rounding. GoFile is my preferred, but it wasn't working properly earlier today. Might try to download from there again...
Thoughts?

Thanks.

Last edited:

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
First Preview of Chapter 8

"“I would maintain that thanks are the highest form of thought; and that gratitude is happiness doubled by wonder.”
-- G.K. Chesterton

It is a tribute to the story in Chasing Sunsets when this picture caused a hitch in my breathing.

This picture means nothing if you had not played this great AVN - if this was just a random image shown to you by a friend.

But, knowing the story, this is a picture of something Good.

A thank you that can Never be put into words, but that will echo in Mallory's heart for the rest of her life.

This is what I see in this image, and it is also what makes this Great story telling!

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Kentyrr Sancho1969

I downloaded the non-steam PC version of things today:
View attachment 2660763

Upon attempting to save the game via either right click, "Save" command, or, frankly, using any other quick command on the screen, I got this:

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.​
While running game code:​
Exception: Audio channel '_movie_35' is unknown.​

Traceback file attached.

I can't get past this. I can "ignore" or "rollback", but that only allows me to continue the game - it does not allow me to save.

A few things which may or may not be helpful/pertinent:
  1. I downloaded from Mixdrop and the download "failed" several times, picking up when I hit the little circle arrow to tell it to try again, so, maybe, something corrupted during that process. Don't really want to redownload and unpack again, but if that's what I need to do....
  2. I didn't DL the "8 to 8a patch" because that looks like something one only needs if they originally downloaded 8 and didn't want to delete that and do a full download of 8a.
  3. My playthrough of 7 was completed using the Sancho mod.
  4. I was using a save from the end of 7, which, again, used Sancho.
  5. My saved game did not include any screwing around with cheats - I really only use the WT aspect of the Mod.
  6. I closed and reopened the game to see if that helped, but didn't. Oddly, the persistent file had recorded my "unsaved" play and allowed me to skip through, even though the save I had been playing clearly wasn't "saved" after my play. I suspect that might have been due to the autosave process.
  7. Is it possible the Mixdrop and Mega files are incomplete? They both list a "5.51Gb" file size while GoFile lists "5.9Gb" file size - that seems extreme for rounding. GoFile is my preferred, but it wasn't working properly earlier today. Might try to download from there again...
Thoughts?

Thanks.
I'm not finding any reference that even remotely close to "_movie_35" in either the code nor any of the file names. Odd... I'll have to do some digging but to be clear, you get this exception upon trying to load a particular save file?

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
I'm not finding any reference that even remotely close to "_movie_35" in either the code nor any of the file names. Odd... I'll have to do some digging but to be clear, you get this exception upon trying to load a particular save file?
No - I can load any save and start playing, it's only when I try to save my progress or access the settings/menus via right click or the on-screen menu. I redownloaded from GoFile, reinstalled, attempted without the mod, but because the games were played with your mod (and, proabably, because they were the older version of RenPy), things wouldn't load properly - acted like they did, but then threw me into "new game" mode. After the "no mod" attempt, I reinstalled your mod, same issue. So, something is happening with the current version of the download, at least for me.

I've downloaded and played the updates for three other games in the last week without incident. Some had mods (none were games you modded though) and all were probably an earlier instance of RenPy.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
No - I can load any save and start playing, it's only when I try to save my progress or access the settings/menus via right click or the on-screen menu. I redownloaded from GoFile, reinstalled, attempted without the mod, but because the games were played with your mod (and, proabably, because they were the older version of RenPy), things wouldn't load properly - acted like they did, but then threw me into "new game" mode. After the "no mod" attempt, I reinstalled your mod, same issue. So, something is happening with the current version of the download, at least for me.

I've downloaded and played the updates for three other games in the last week without incident. Some had mods (none were games you modded though) and all were probably an earlier instance of RenPy.
I'm in another project but try without the mod and using the "SaveFixer" and see how it goes (you need that to load saves made previously with the mod inside a VN that's now unmodded). Don't forget about that fixer file though as it MUST be removed manually if you decided later to install the mod.

Also, see if it borks out via a new playthrough just to check that as well. This way we can narrow down what's going on.

Reactions: Son of Durin

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
I'm in another project but try without the mod and using the "SaveFixer" and see how it goes (you need that to load saves made previously with the mod inside a VN that's now unmodded). Don't forget about that fixer file though as it MUST be removed manually if you decided later to install the mod.

Also, see if it borks out via a new playthrough just to check that as well. This way we can narrow down what's going on.
And I take back the part I said about none of my other recent plays having Sancho mods - I downloaded and played the most recent iteration of Sunshine Love just a couple of days before without incident.

I don't want to do it without the Mod and I don't want to unpack and experiment. I'm just moving on to the next item on the list for now and will see if anything pops in the next few days.

Last edited:

Nurikabe

Feb 10, 2021
Do you remember what it was? I'm assuming it was from when Mc was writing in his diary in the latest chapter.
Shame, can't see that since I wasn't able to go Lisa route.
In my playthrough, there are two scenes with Lisa and one little jab during the hallway scene with Jaye and Mallory.
The first Lisa scene is the change you have with her in the storage room. The second is a sex scene in your room at Bianca's place.

• Sad
Reactions: Phase_01

Phase_01

Nov 27, 2021
In my playthrough, there are two scenes with Lisa and one little jab during the hallway scene with Jaye and Mallory.
The first Lisa scene is the change you have with her in the storage room. The second is a sex scene in your room at Bianca's place.
Do you see the second scene in the gallery? I can't seem to find it

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
Instead of quoting all of the people asking, I think the footjob was either in the Amanda/Mallory scene "2 O'clock" or "2 AM (something like that) where 'booter played a bit with MC in the lead-up to the actual scene - that bit of "foreplay" isn't in the replay, so I can't confirm. The only other alternative where it may have been is the Mallory "Sixty Nine" scene I think, where they're in a hotel room alone, but, again, the replay doesn't start with the foreplay.

Regardless, I don't remember a full "footjob", but merely a bit of touching with a foot for like a stroke or two in the lead-up to the "actual" scene. I just remember the momentary touching of it, and I really think it was 'booter messing with MC while he was asleep, trying to get him going and to wake him up so he could catch Mallory and get her some action (if you recall, she put MC's dick to Mallory's pussy, and stayed on the floor to masturbate for a bit).

My download isn't working right at the moment, and I'm waiting to see if any of the programming minds can figure out why, so I can't to a speed run to figure it out. Someone with Mallory focused saves at the beginning maybe, Chapter 4 and then again at Chapter 6 might be able to speed run and figure it out.

Reactions: Nurikabe
Jul 1, 2022
Just went to one of my saves and Amanda in the "Two O'Cock" scene is only using her hands while MC is sleeping. Also "Summer of 69" begins with MC waking up to Mal giving a blowjob which leads to the actual sixty nine scene.

Reactions: Son of Durin
4.60 star(s) 308 Votes