4.60 star(s) 308 Votes

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
It's unfortunate that we cannot call BS on a BS review! I checked and all we can do is 'like' it.

What can you do when someone decides to do a review bomb on F95... nothing more than what we are doing here.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Yes, you can.
You can always report reviews that break the rules of reviewing https://f95zone.to/threads/review-rating-rules-updated-2021-05-31.1753/
Actually, it's not something that you can do, but something that you should do in case you stumble upon such a review.

Although it isn't metioned by the rules, false claims about the content of the game and giving a low rating based on it should be an obvious reason to reject/delete the review.
Just click report, select "other" and explain what is wrong with the review.

In case you discover that someone is constantly abusing the review system, you can also report the user: https://f95zone.to/threads/general-rules-updated-2023-07-23.5589/
#8. Reporting people

Last edited:

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
Yes, you can.
You can always report reviews that break the rules of reviewing https://f95zone.to/threads/review-rating-rules-updated-2021-05-31.1753/
Actually, it's not something that you can do, but something that you should do in case you stumble upon such a review.

Although it isn't metioned by the rules, false claims about the content of the game and giving a low rating based on it should be an obvious reason to reject/delete the review.

In case you discover that someone is constantly abusing the review system, you can also report the user: https://f95zone.to/threads/general-rules-updated-2023-07-23.5589/
#8. Reporting people
Thanks!

I also updated my Steam review and posted it on F95. There is no reason why fans of Chasing Sunsets can't offer their take on this great AVN.

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
Yes, you can.

#8. Reporting people
Eh, I'd rather not get into review policing if it can be avoided. I don't think the reviewer in question was paying the closest attention to this game and I certainly don't put much stock in his arguments, but also I don't think it's intentionally deceitful and nor is it flagrantly offensive. It's just a poorly articulated opinion most of us disagree with. Ignore it and move on.

Reactions: Nurikabe

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
Eh, I'd rather not get into review policing if it can be avoided. I don't think the reviewer in question was paying the closest attention to this game and I certainly don't put much stock in his arguments, but also I don't think it's intentionally deceitful and nor is it flagrantly offensive. It's just a poorly articulated opinion most of us disagree with. Ignore it and move on.
The question is not so much about being deceitful intentionally or by ignorance, it's about the fact that what he says about the game in his review is incorrect and needs to be either corrected or deleted because of that.
Reviews are being policed on daily basis whether you decide to help policing them or not. Because there have always been people here who either haven't read the rules or ignore them intentionally and are posting reviews that are either useless, wrong or deceitful on purpose.

There are too few mods on this forum to read every review or keep an eye on every thread and keep the forum from turning into a chaotic shithole. Reporting system is there to let the mods know about the obvious problems that would be left unnoticed otherwise. Forget about childish attitude from school about "snitching to the teachers". This is about keeping some kind of order here.

We're an adult community. We're expected to be smarter than stupid kids.
If we don't help the staff, we lose the right to criticise them if the rating system is being abused or threads turn into shitholes because of trolling or spamming or flame wars.

Aug 26, 2018
Damn...there is so much weird projection in the last couple of pages in this thread. There is no ambiguity whatsoever in this story when it comes to Christian and Jaye.

Jaye felt nothing but pity for Christian. She saw right through his bullshit persona that he put up to please his father. She felt sorry for him and wanted to help. He on the other hand saw nothing but an attractive chick he could use to force himself to be something he's not and hopefully please his father.

To suggest there was anything else going on between then is merely a delusion of one's personal head canon. Tara made Jaye 10x more wet than Christian ever could and she is fucking straight.
Dude, she fucked a girl. She ain't straight.

• Angry
Reactions: RNasc4444

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
The question is not so much about being deceitful intentionally or by ignorance, it's about the fact that what he says about the game in his review is incorrect and needs to be either corrected or deleted because of that.
Reviews are being policed on daily basis whether you decide to help policing them or not. Because there have always been people here who either haven't read the rules or ignore them intentionally and are posting reviews that are either useless, wrong or deceitful on purpose.

There are too few mods on this forum to read every review or keep an eye on every thread and keep the forum from turning into a chaotic shithole. Reporting system is there to let the mods know about the obvious problems that would be left unnoticed otherwise. Forget about childish attitude from school about "snitching to the teachers". This is about keeping some kind of order here.

We're an adult community. We're expected to be smarter than stupid kids.
If we don't help the staff, we lose the right to criticise them if the rating system is being abused or threads turn into shitholes because of trolling or spamming or flame wars.
The problem is that, in this case, I don't see any glaring problems. Yes, the review was technically incorrect about the MC never being in any peril, but the peril only happens at the very end of the current build, 7 chapters in. It's entirely possible the reviewer never made it that far.

More importantly to me, the reviewer is clear in his criteria: he(?) dislikes the game because the MC is never in any danger. Since this game isn't presented as, say, a gritty noir adventure, I don't find that particularly surprising. But the point is if you are the sort of player who craves a constant sense danger I can see why Chasing Sunsets might not appeal to you. To me that's an indication of a useful review - even if the specific criteria in question are wholly useless to me.

The rest of the review is likewise clear in its critiques. The reviewer doesn't like having only two LIs, is annoyed that the story forces the MC still to be in love with Jaye regardless of our choices, and feels the MC's backstory involves him holding an idiot ball. Those are clear, defensible positions that can give a prospective player some insight into what sort of game this is. Sure, I disagree with most of it and think it could do a better job making its points, but a review doesn't have to be perfect to be valid.

IMHO the review should be left as is - though if we can call attention to the mistake about peril and persuade the reviewer to edit the original review voluntarily that would be good.

Nov 5, 2020
Just finished my first play through and mind blown! Never expected such ingenuity in taboo depiction(cloning, IVF). The game's really great keeps you engrossed and not just for fap. All the characters are likeable but Lisa and Bianca/Amanda+Mallory top the list. Each branch is engrossing with loads of fap material and some real stories. Keep up stone fox.(y)

Reactions: JosephH151

Tremonia

Queen Lydia's bitch
Donor
Jun 14, 2020
Dude, she fucked a girl. She ain't straight.
She can't be straight. If the science is right and the Biologists didn't lie to us the Homo sapiens sapiens aren't a "straight" species. The concept of heterosexualism appeared in most cultures as the monotheism accured 3000 years ago in the eastern mediterranean basin. If we look at our nearest relatives, the Pan troglodytes and the Pan paniscus, the human species is clearly bisexual. No matter which sex or gender. But don't say this out to loud. There're many people who can't handle this. Especially if they're part of a monotheist religion.

Aug 26, 2018
She can't be straight. If the science is right and the Biologists didn't lie to us the Homo sapiens sapiens aren't a "straight" species. The concept of heterosexualism appeared in most cultures as the monotheism accured 3000 years ago in the eastern mediterranean basin. If we look at our nearest relatives, the Pan troglodytes and the Pan paniscus, the human species is clearly bisexual. No matter which sex or gender. But don't say this out to loud. There're many people who can't handle this. Especially if they're part of a monotheist religion.
I LIEK YOH FUNNEH WOOORDS, MAGIC MAAAAN!

• Haha
Reactions: Nurikabe

Ilhares

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2019
Dude they are cloning people, redesigning DNA, deleting sickness on alive adult person I am fairly sure they can find the genetic diseases on embryo and fix it. That is the least of their problem. Also, incest children having genetic disease certainty is a myth, sure it increase the potential but having a healthy one is still a high possibilty.
Brother and sister would have a higher chance of defects than cousins, and first cousins (in their healthy teens and 20s at least) are only roughly double the chance of non-related people. The younger the couple are when it happens the less likely it is to be problematic. It is (almost) solely tied to the age of the woman once you get past the recessive gene issues.
from Discord

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming." --David Bowie

DEAR GODS MY EYES! Why white? For all that's holy in the world, WHY WHITE? Fuck's sake. Give that a dark red/maroon background or something that won't sear my retinas at 3am when it's my desktop wallpaper.

alex13_zen

Sep 30, 2019
I don't remember, how exactly did it happen that MC's mom was
She didn't seem to know it was so, or maybe my understanding of English failed me.

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
I don't remember, how exactly did it happen that MC's mom was
She didn't seem to know it was so, or maybe my understanding of English failed me.
Mallory's 'Dad' used one of Sarah's eggs to create Mallory. This was a guy who took obsession with a woman to a 'Whole Nother Level'!

He did not have her permission, but he seemed to think that science and the need to fulfill his obsession trumped everything else.

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
who is "we" and Isabella is equal Hot ! and why should we vote ? and why is there a poll between 2 characters from different games ?
(I stoped playing BaDIK and supporting a long time ago)

Nurikabe

Feb 10, 2021
I'll admit that I tried to vote. But it kept telling me I can't do that when I am in incognito mode (which I am not).
It is a bit vicious to choose between Jaye and Bella. But... Jaye would win in my book.

Reactions: Ilhares
4.60 star(s) 308 Votes