4.60 star(s) 308 Votes

greenjf

Sep 23, 2020

Unlocked
Chasing Sunsets Dev Update #3 - Over the hump!

As the dog days of summer continue, Kent and I are plugging away at Chapter 8, which is shaping up to be even bigger than the last one.

As of today we're sitting at over a thousand images rendered, with four large and four smaller scenes left to go in development.

This is the point in the development cycle where we begin art and script integration and plan animations.

While we've been somewhat quiet, it hasn't been for lack of effort. We're at the point in development where we can see the light at the end of the tunnel, not only for the chapter, but for the entire project. This has been a tremendous amount of work, but it has been rewarding beyond words watching the fanbase evolve and our little proof-of-concept take flight.

Our focus at this point is in sticking the landing!

Once we have the game finalized, our intent is to "remaster" the Prologue and Chapter 1, as well as remake the earliest animations to bring them up to the same level as the more recent ones. After that, Kent and I will move on to Project Next, so stay tuned to hear what we have planned for our second project!

So, what can you expect from Chapter 8?
  • The fallout from MC's encounter with Vince
  • The outcome of the inheritance evaluation
  • Deeper insight into Lisa and Bianca's lives
  • The outcome of the Bandit gambit
  • The thinking bench returns
  • At least one easter egg with another popular AVN

The sale of the MV Sunset marks the end of our protagonists' time on Tonalu, after which they will fly home to face the outcomes of their decisions.

As always, expect updates to appear more frequently as we approach the end of the development cycle. Thank you for your patience, and giving us the time to do what we do!

Grumpy Old Aussie

Engaged Member
May 6, 2023
Hey, have fun crashing their party !

I haven't see much of Jaye outside her childhood. I do like Isabella as well, great character. So I won't be voting.

I just got to the part where Anne from TACOS is on the plane and then she texts the MC later trying to get in to his pants. Is this just a cameo or is she part of the story?

Nurikabe

Feb 10, 2021
I haven't see much of Jaye outside her childhood. I do like Isabella as well, great character. So I won't be voting.

I just got to the part where Anne from TACOS is on the plane and then she texts the MC later trying to get in to his pants. Is this just a cameo or is she part of the story?
A hilarious cameo. It was awesome to turn that down.

• Haha
Reactions: Grumpy Old Aussie

rampage97

Apr 11, 2023
Not sure if this has been answered, but I'm at the point where I'm choosing the relationship I want to have with Mallory. If I have an open relationship with her, does that mean she will sleep with other guys or just that I can fuck Jaye? Also, can you be in an intimate relationship with Jaye and an open one with Mallory? So many variables lmao

Jarulf

Aug 9, 2020
If I have an open relationship with her, does that mean she will sleep with other guys or just that I can fuck Jaye? Also, can you be in an intimate relationship with Jaye and an open one with Mallory? So many variables lmao
I doubt an open relationship with either means they will sleep with another guy, but we'll have to see. I am in one with both, I expect it to end in disaster and will soon invest in some sort of armour for my throat.
But you'll likely get better answers from someone who knows more than me.

Reactions: JosephH151

rampage97

Apr 11, 2023
I doubt an open relationship with either means they will sleep with another guy, but we'll have to see. I am in one with both, I expect it to end in disaster and will soon invest in some sort of armour for my throat.
But you'll likely get better answers from someone who knows more than me.
Throat armour aside, I kinda wanna go the intimate route with Jaye, but besides love and trust points, I'm not sure how much of a difference it'll make. The hard part is what to do about Mal. (don't like the idea of breaking her heart) Ofc intimate with both ends horribly, but I'm hoping intimate Jaye+open Mal is a viable route

Last edited:
Reactions: Jarulf

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
Jaye vs Isabella. What a fascinating matchup. They're both pretty, very likeable girls I have no desire to fuck. This is anyone's fight.

On the one hand, Isabella's more mature and her deadpan snark is unbeatable. On the other hand Jaye's better proportioned and her attraction to the MC feels real - plus I'm sick of DPC dragging out Bella's *shocking* backstory. Guess the vote goes to Jaye!

Not sure if this has been answered, but I'm at the point where I'm choosing the relationship I want to have with Mallory. If I have an open relationship with her, does that mean she will sleep with other guys or just that I can fuck Jaye? Also, can you be in an intimate relationship with Jaye and an open one with Mallory? So many variables lmao
I'd be stunned if it's even possible to hook Mallory up with another guy. I'm pretty sure the open relationship is there specifically to make the eventual Jaye/Mallory threesome possible, so knock yourself out.

4.60 star(s) 308 Votes