4.60 star(s) 308 Votes

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
Could somebody explain what might be behind last ch8 scene?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I took that scene to mean that the lab worker was careless and performed the DNA test on the wrong sample.

That does not guarantee a different answer when/if the right sample is tested - which leaves us with a Jaye DNA cliffhanger heading into CH 9.

Cheers!! :coffee:

Chinchll

Dec 3, 2017
I took that scene to mean that the lab worker was careless and performed the DNA test on the wrong sample.

That does not guarantee a different answer when/if the right sample is tested - which leaves us with a Jaye DNA cliffhanger heading into CH 9.

Cheers!! :coffee:
Damn! I really hope for a good story being made for this. I felt little disappointed when Jaye told that test was negative, and also had impression that she hoped for different result.
I find MC/Jayce relation beautiful, and perfectly stretched, without making it boring. I guess not everyone agrees with me, but it would be incredibly romantic if they eventually found out that there is something more special to them, concreting their relation forever, and also giving some explanation for MC "prophetic" dream before she called him for first time.

Not gonna lie, their whole story made me drop more than few tears.

Last edited:

VicLex22

Oct 31, 2022
How can I play these scenes? I can't make reveal them after tactical retreat scene.

View attachment 3120316
These scenes open only if you are in a relationship (intimate or open) with these girls. If you're in an open relationship with Jaye and Mallory at the same time, then you can open both of these scenes in one go.
And remember that you can't be intimate relationship with Jaye and Mallory at the same time, otherwise the GAME OVER!

Last edited:

oktabitt

Dec 29, 2021
These scenes open only if you are in a relationship (intimate or open) with these girls. If you're in an open relationship with Jaye and Mallory at the same time, then you can open both of these scenes in one go.
And remember that you can't be intimate relationship with Jaye and Mallory at the same time, otherwise the GAME OVER!
Does anyone have a save file to upload with a relationship route?

Poser_Voyeur

Nov 14, 2020
You deleted your backup saves to? In the hidden directory?
I know nothing about hidden directories.

I had created a folder within my documents, to which I saved all of my VN / games. I somehow deleted this entire folder. I was able to recover some VN / games, NOT Chasing Sunsets. As I explained before.

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022

I had created a folder within my documents, to which I saved all of my VN / games. I somehow deleted this entire folder. I was able to recover some VN / games, NOT Chasing Sunsets. As I explained before.
That's not what I'm saying though. Ren'Py by default creates two/2 "save directory's".

One where your game is actually at, and one in your appdata folder that is hidden. The only way those saves file can be deleted is if someone unhides those folders and goes to Users\*Username*\AppData\Roaming\RenPy and delete them or formats their computer.

Every Ren'Py game you've ever played has save files located there.

I think that's where my confusion spawned in. Believe it or not, my current OS install dates back to 2014. One of the first things I did was unhide files/folders/extensions. I updated it from 8.1 to 10 a few years ago just to get familiar with it for one of the jobs I was doing (wanted some familiarity), but it's all the same original core install. This stupid image has persisted from my Core Quad (Q6600), across an i7-920, i7-970, i7-7700k, and now the R9 3900X. Soon to be an R7 5800X3D, unless my colleague was serious about just giving me his 'inferior' system, in which case it'll bump up to a 7800X3D. Either way, woohoo!

I doubt there are too many dorky folk hanging about here who still have email records from the late 1990s/early 2000s. I'm just a damned data packrat (and I hate doing OS installs).

edit: just checked, because you made me curious. Only 1.47GB of VN saves!
Well, this is mine even with a purge a few months back....

2023-11-26 17_14_36-RenPy Properties.png

Last edited:

D3xzalias

Aug 1, 2018

Ok do the windows key + r and type this in %Appdata% in the bar that popped up, Then scroll down to the renpy folder open that and scroll down a bit until you see the folder ChasingSunsets with a long chain of nr next to it. That is where your saves files are

if you are windows ofcourse because on Mac you can't right click with a purpose

Poser_Voyeur

Nov 14, 2020
Is it hidden? I didn't think it was.

In any event, Poser, Sons is right. If you're still on the same Windows install, all your old save files still exist. Pop open a file explorer window and type in %appdata%\RenPy, it'll take you to the folder with all your stuff.
Got "No items match your search"

Poser_Voyeur

Nov 14, 2020
That's not what I'm saying though. Ren'Py by default creates two/2 "save directory's".

One where your game is actually at, and one in your appdata folder that is hidden. The only way those saves file can be deleted is if someone unhides those folders and goes to Users\*Username*\AppData\Roaming\RenPy and delete them or formats their computer.

Every Ren'Py game you've ever played has save files located there.
Oh brilliant. Thank you for taking the time to explain so simply yet precisely. That workd perfectly so I know hav my own previous save files. Thank you for your assistance!!

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
Oh brilliant. Thank you for taking the time to explain so simply yet precisely. That workd perfectly so I know hav my own previous save files. Thank you for your assistance!!
Ha, yeah, so many don't know that, like I said above I have 4GB of saves.

So, you now have all your saves back and more :)

• Red Heart
Reactions: Poser_Voyeur

Ilhares

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2019
Users\*Username*\AppData\Roaming\RenPy
Typing %appdata% by itself replaces all of that (except the RenPy), regardless of username. %localappdata% for the Users\*Username*\AppData\Roaming\ folders. I'm not sure if there's a system shorcut for the LocalLow folder (or what would even use it).

Reactions: Walter Victor

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
Typing %appdata% by itself replaces all of that (except the RenPy), regardless of username. %localappdata% for the Users\*Username*\AppData\Roaming\ folders. I'm not sure if there's a system shorcut for the LocalLow folder (or what would even use it).
I was just trying to do an easy way since they had no idea about it.

4.60 star(s) 308 Votes