4.60 star(s) 308 Votes

girlfairdev

Mar 15, 2020
Secondly would you recommend @Sancho1969 's MultiMod or @JokerLeader 's Walkthrough & Cheat Mod??
If I am going baack to Chapter 6, I figured I could restart this VN at Chapter 6 with either Mod.
Both modders are excellent and both mods work well. My personal choice for this game was Sancho1969.

Reactions: Poser_Voyeur

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
Secondly would you recommend @Sancho1969 's MultiMod or @JokerLeader 's Walkthrough & Cheat Mod??
If I am going baack to Chapter 6, I figured I could restart this VN at Chapter 6 with either Mod.
that depends, I am playing it with Joker's Mod, It is quick and easy to use, and guides you on the path with more sexual content

Sanchos mod gives you more room to test out the diferent paths, and informs you about the Gain/Loss of points with the LI's
hence more room if you want to try different paths with different girls

ThorinKing

Engaged Member
Feb 16, 2023
Hi. I managed to stupidly delete my AVN / games directory. Thankfully for many VN/games I was able to retrieve either current version or previous version from my waste bucket. Unfortunately not Chasing Sunsets. I had a couple of questions.

Firstly does anyone have saved files from Chapter 6? JokerLeader seemed to suggest best starting from Chapter 6 "to get the best choices for Harem Route".

Secondly would you recommend Sancho1969 's MultiMod or JokerLeader 's Walkthrough & Cheat Mod??

Thanks
Sancho is better for pathing/split choices and, if you're a completionist, gives a great guide to the "achievements" along the way (though I still seemed to have miss a few somehow). He does some nitpicky stuff with the hot keys I don't like ;), but the more versatile platform with more information for decision making offsets that. :)

Reactions: Poser_Voyeur

Poser_Voyeur

Nov 14, 2020
Thanks all. I have played previous games I think with Mods from either SanchoMod or JokerLeader.
I just could nt remeber which of them I had used myself previously for Chasing Sunsets in my previous playthrough.

girlfairdev

Mar 15, 2020
Thanks all. I have played previous games I think with Mods from either SanchoMod or JokerLeader.
I just could nt remeber which of them I had used myself previously for Chasing Sunsets in my previous playthrough.
I said my primary choice for this game was Sancho1969's mod and it is. But to be honest, this is one of a VERY few games here that A) Have a strong likelyhood of reaching an ending, B) Have a good enough story to anticipate a decent ending(s) and C) is of high enough quality that I'd duplicate my game folder and play through each update with both mods. Not sure I'd recommend that to someone starting from the beginning. Unless they did it that way chapter by chapter. But there are a few subtle differences between the playthrough with the two mods. The game is good enough to make it worth the time to see them. And, because of the quality mods each modder produces, I'll likely play it way that to the completed tag.
I don't play a whole lot of games here so I don't know how many of them have been modded by both Joker Leader and Sancho1969. Of the games I personally play here this is the only one.

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
Well, one way to tell, try loading your saves with no mod, if your saves load, then Joker, if it doesn't then Sancho, as Sancho requires his mods to be updated or to use his save fixer.

Ilhares

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2019
Sure, there is an 'accepted' way of doing it...but accepted and correct/only are very different things.
Precisely. Your sentence is the perfect example of it, even. The elipsis (...) is perfectly fine to use. And we accept that you've used it incorrectly, failing to insert spaces before and after it. ;)

I swear, if I ever make a VN, I'm just going to make my releases based either purely on the alphabet, or I'll go hex, just to fuck with people. "Next week expect to see 0xF, have good weekend, everybody!"

ThorinKing

Engaged Member
Feb 16, 2023
Precisely. Your sentence is the perfect example of it, even. The elipsis (...) is perfectly fine to use. And we accept that you've used it incorrectly, failing to insert spaces before and after it. ;)

I swear, if I ever make a VN, I'm just going to make my releases based either purely on the alphabet, or I'll go hex, just to fuck with people. "Next week expect to see 0xF, have good weekend, everybody!"
Just use something like base 12. ;)

Poser_Voyeur

Nov 14, 2020
Well, one way to tell, try loading your saves with no mod, if your saves load, then Joker, if it doesn't then Sancho, as Sancho requires his mods to be updated or to use his save fixer.
Hi. I think you missed my previous post where I had explained that I had managed to somehow delete my entire VN/games folder. AS I explained earlier, many games I was able to recover either current or previous version of VN / game from my Windows bin.

Unfortunately for me that was nt the case for Chasing Sunsets, and hence why I was previously asking for any game saves files from Chapter 6, due to JokerLeader recommendation:
"Note: I recommend re-starting the game from Chapter 6, to get the best choices for Harem Route."

I have been playing previously on the Jaye route. When the game is complete then I will go back and play on other routes too. So if someone can help me out with a Chapter 6 game save file, that would be much appreciated.

hanumania

Jul 12, 2023
I enjoyed this one and bought it on Steam a while back. Only six animations on update though yikes... Hope they are amazing :p

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
Hi. I think you missed my previous post where I had explained that I had managed to somehow delete my entire VN/games folder. AS I explained earlier, many games I was able to recover either current or previous version of VN / game from my Windows bin.

Unfortunately for me that was nt the case for Chasing Sunsets, and hence why I was previously asking for any game saves files from Chapter 6, due to JokerLeader recommendation:
"Note: I recommend re-starting the game from Chapter 6, to get the best choices for Harem Route."

I have been playing previously on the Jaye route. When the game is complete then I will go back and play on other routes too. So if someone can help me out with a Chapter 6 game save file, that would be much appreciated.
You deleted your backup saves to? In the hidden directory?

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
I've played through Chapter 8 and I have to say it was rather disappointing. Granted, I skipped a lot of the side girls' content because it just doesn't interest me, but even accepting that, the content we got for the main girls was underwhelming and the plot hijinks made absolutely no sense. I know the devs had mentioned this chapter was added to the original plan to provide closure to our Tonalu adventure and while I appreciate the sentiment, I don't think it delivered.

The update felt like filler. To be fair, Chasing Sunsets has long since made clear I am not the intended audience, and the chapter has the usual high production values we've come to expect. It's entirely possible the chapter will feel more cohesive to people who embrace the MC's perpetual quest for new pussy and purer incest. But for myself, I'd have been perfectly happy to skip straight to Chapter 9; nothing of the characters I care about advanced one iota, and the Brian Ferguson subplot was so poorly thought out I think the story would have been better off without it.

I'll go into a bit more detail in the spoilers.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I think that covers the major points. Sorry for my seemingly relentless negativity, but this chapter just didn't deliver anything of interest if you aren't looking for lewd scenes with Bianca or Lisa. If we'd condensed it down to a 90 second montage and skipped straight to whatever Chapter 9 has in store for us, I think the game might have been better off.

tl;dr We get some lukewarm closure on Tonalu, but the LI paths feel underdeveloped and the story punches well below its weight.

Last edited:

Ilhares

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2019
Hi. I think you missed my previous post where I had explained that I had managed to somehow delete my entire VN/games folder.
You deleted your backup saves to? In the hidden directory?
Is it hidden? I didn't think it was.

In any event, Poser, Sons is right. If you're still on the same Windows install, all your old save files still exist. Pop open a file explorer window and type in %appdata%\RenPy, it'll take you to the folder with all your stuff.

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
Is it hidden? I didn't think it was.

In any event, Poser, Sons is right. If you're still on the same Windows install, all your old save files still exist. Pop open a file explorer window and type in %appdata%\RenPy, it'll take you to the folder with all your stuff.
Yes, by default on windows your appdata folder is hidden. For me, I unhide folder/files, just the way mine is because a lot of games and apps put things there and I always dig around in it. I think that is a reason Ren'Py puts them, most user don't know that folder is there...

I've had tons of users tell me after I showed them they have like 1-5GB (or some cases 10GB or more :ROFLMAO: ) of saves for every single Ren'Py game they played.

Last edited:

Ilhares

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2019
Yes, by default on windows your appdata folder is hidden. For me, I unhide folder/files,
I think that's where my confusion spawned in. Believe it or not, my current OS install dates back to 2014. One of the first things I did was unhide files/folders/extensions. I updated it from 8.1 to 10 a few years ago just to get familiar with it for one of the jobs I was doing (wanted some familiarity), but it's all the same original core install. This stupid image has persisted from my Core Quad (Q6600), across an i7-920, i7-970, i7-7700k, and now the R9 3900X. Soon to be an R7 5800X3D, unless my colleague was serious about just giving me his 'inferior' system, in which case it'll bump up to a 7800X3D. Either way, woohoo!

I doubt there are too many dorky folk hanging about here who still have email records from the late 1990s/early 2000s. I'm just a damned data packrat (and I hate doing OS installs).

edit: just checked, because you made me curious. Only 1.47GB of VN saves!

JokerLeader

Former Legendary Game Compressor
Modder
Donor
Compressor
Mar 16, 2019
Hi. I managed to stupidly delete my AVN / games directory. Thankfully for many VN/games I was able to retrieve either current version or previous version from my waste bucket. Unfortunately not Chasing Sunsets. I had a couple of questions.

Firstly does anyone have saved files from Chapter 6? JokerLeader seemed to suggest best starting from Chapter 6 "to get the best choices for Harem Route".

Secondly would you recommend Sancho1969 's MultiMod or JokerLeader 's Walkthrough & Cheat Mod??

Thanks
Both modders are excellent and both mods work well. My personal choice for this game was Sancho1969.
I prefer Sancho's It's more indepth.
I agree, Sancho's Mod is a more complete experience.

4.60 star(s) 308 Votes