4.60 star(s) 308 Votes

Demonspike666

Jan 11, 2021
:ROFLMAO:
I don't know if the yacht could handle that, they'd probably sink it getting all that shit out. :ROFLMAO:

P.S Want to buy more reacts!
Without a doubt it would. A route through the game where it's just them giving into their physical attraction without trying to fix their emotional bond could lead to some explosive scenes especially if they're also both trying to make each other jealous by using other people on the boat with them.

Skylaroo

May 28, 2017
If that description doesn't fit Jaye's behavior, it doesn't fit anyone.
As per my previous post, could you please give examples? It's easy to make a blanket statement that Jaye's behavior fit the description. But for the purpose of discussion, I'd need to know what behavior you're referring to. I have given plenty of in-game examples of my points, but you haven't given any of yours.

Whether they're doing it to form control over others or being chased by their own demons, they only think about their feelings and don't consider feelings of other.
The irony is that the things you mentioned here could easily be applied to MC.

1. Form control over others = MC making one-sided decisions (for Jaye's best interest) by avoiding her when they were children, also by making a scene in front of many people during the party
2. They only think about their feelings = MC reading Jaye's diary. MC angry that Jaye didn't come to watch ONE football match (ignoring all the other times that she did come despite the cold relationship between the two which means that she was never under any obligation to watch the games to begin with)
3. Don't consider feelings of other = MC leaving the house without telling anyone, then later on constantly dodging Jaye's attempt to reconnect (running away on Uber, declining to meet before going to George's office)

In these situations, it also plays a role that the abused love a tyrant. They're both trapped by their own feelings. The tyrant promises to pull themself together, not to drink, or to control their jealousy, but repeatedly fails. The abused is then unable to leave because of love. That's about the only difference, MC finally left.
Same here, the irony is that this whole statement could easily be flipped where Jaye finally left. How many times did Jaye have to give a chance for MC to fix their relationship where the problem was always started by MC's action before she gave up?

The basic problem is that the strongest barrier doesn’t work for her, "never intentionally harm the one she loves".
Which then leads to this ... after Jaye "left", she was no longer in love with MC, and decided to "intentionally harm the one she no longer loves".

• Wow
Reactions: JanisL and QBaSS

bosp

Jan 3, 2018
That's a big part of my issue with her as a character. We just haven't been given much of a chance to see anything that makes myself and others want to pursue her as a love interest so far.
I want to like her as like many I'm a sucker for redheads but she's been portrayed as petty, prone to jumping to the wrong conclusions and overreacting, possessive and jealous and only capable of thinking about herself barring the occasional moments of clarity about her own actions.
For someone who's in love with the MC she sure seems driven to have him never want to speak to her again as a brother or a lover.
Heh, could have just answered - none.

And therein lies the problem.
The author set the main premise of the story - You are in love with Jaye, period.

The main story and all subsequent plots are based on that premise which he did not build any credible foundation for and you have to deal with it.

So... how about we all cut the crap with Team Jaye & Team MC discussions and arguments?
It's getting too silly.

Reactions: JanisL and -L-L-MJ-

HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020
Heh, could have just answered - none.

And therein lies the problem.
The author set the main premise of the story - You are in love with Jaye, period.

The main story and all subsequent plots are based on that premise which he did not build any credible foundation for and you have to deal with it.

So... how about we all cut the crap with Team Jaye & Team MC discussions and arguments?
It's getting too silly.
I have no problem seeing her as a LI. Like I said earlier i think she lacks the mental tools to deal with her emotions which is why she acts the way she does. Not exactly unprecedented in real life either. I hope she will let the MC help her at some point (and he has to step up as well). Whether or not I will go on her path remains to be seen as I like Mallory as well (another one with some problems albeit a bit more obscure at the moment).

bosp

Jan 3, 2018
I have no problem seeing her as a LI. Like I said earlier i think she lacks the mental tools to deal with her emotions which is why she acts the way she does. Not exactly unprecedented in real life either. I hope she will let the MC help her at some point (and he has to step up as well). Whether or not I will go on her path remains to be seen as I like Mallory as well (another one with some problems albeit a bit more obscure at the moment).
That's totally fine, I don't either but please, if you can, humor me with an answer to my question I posted here: https://f95zone.to/threads/chasing-sunsets-v0-2-stone-fox-studios.62625/post-5090108

Sngo

May 9, 2020
Sorry to ruin it for you. :cry:

Personally I didn't like Tara much, I liked her even less after Jaye's jilling off flashback (not Tara's fault but still) and I completely lost any interest with that shaved side hair style. What can I say, I like the girl next door look and hate tatt's, piercings and short or shaved hair, but that's just me.
After Jaya flashback i dislike more Jaye then Tara in that regard.

Tara is hot and seems a lot more down to hearth than Jaye.

I love tatt's so for me its a plus and the shaved side hair i like just in some girls but in Tara case fits well but would prefer her older hair style anyway.

And since im twisted if Jaye really had bring Rapey as the plus one she is dead to me so "stealing" Tara would be a pleasure:devilish:

Reactions: Naxos

HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020
Reactions: bosp

Sterkh90

Sep 18, 2018
At first I liked Tara's looks. After the scene at the beginning, where she made Jaye and MC calm down, I liked her as a person ... Developers, you are quite cruel people, taking her away from me.:cry: Anyway, thanks for Mallory.(y);)

bosp

Jan 3, 2018
So far, not much other than we are told we do (what the MC thinks about her, her diary etc). We will have to break through to her before she starts showing that level of affection. She is my sister so I'm willing to go on that journey with her.
Thank you, at least it's an honest one, I'll take it :)

Reactions: HornyyPussy

underoath27

Nov 22, 2020
At first I liked Tara's looks. After the scene at the beginning, where she made Jaye and MC calm down, I liked her as a person ... Developers, you are quite cruel people, taking her away from me.:cry: Anyway, thanks for Mallory.(y);)
Indeed. I like Tara too. Devs could make a throuple path.

Demonspike666

Jan 11, 2021
Yeah so far she's been shown to care a great deal about both Jaye and the MC. She's also likely knows about Jaye's feelings for MC as Jaye said in her diary that she tells her eveything and I wouldn't be surprised if MC told her how he truly felt about Jaye after she went after him after the fight. The big question with Tara is going to be if she is still in some kind of relationship with Jaye because unless a threesome becomes an option I'd feel really bad about taking Jaye off her.

Demonspike666

Jan 11, 2021
I cannot see any way that will ever happen with how jealous Jaye gets even around Tara. There is no way, no how she'd willingly share him with anyone. Pity though
I could see a threesome happening as a one off but I don't see it ending well. As you said Jaye doesn't seem like the type to share what she considers hers.

Jul 20, 2020
I know it's been mentioned before, but this and intertwined are very similar, which isn't a bag thing as both are great stories. But I constantly have a feeling of upcoming dread playing this and intertwined.

Reactions: operamini

Dependable_223

Engaged Member
Jan 3, 2019
I'll reply to yours out of the many that quoted my post since I think replying to yours would cover a lot of ground. Apologies in advance if this becomes a long read.

Basically what I meant is that the relationship between MC and Jaye is based on many misunderstandings which then lead to conflicts because they weren't communicating with each properly (this is both ways and not just MC or Jaye not communicating to the other). So for Jaye to act negatively toward MC is because from Jaye's point of view, MC didn't seem to care about her or what she wants.

Let's have a recap of all the things that MC did if looked from Jaye's point of view:
1. MC suddenly avoided her (because MC didn't want her to teased by her friends) and from Jaye's pov, her brother/bestfriend just suddenly shut her out for absolutely no reason.
2. MC read her diary (invasion of privacy, and the present-MC acknowledged that there were things in that diary that she really really really wanted to be kept private)
3. When she fought with Christian after MC went home from the championships, and MC saw him getting out of the room, MC had accusing look and he didn't want to hear any explanation from her. Think about it this way, you just fought with your boyfriend because you didn't want to have sex with him, then you went out of the room, saw the guy you actually love looking at you with anger/hatred and didn't want to listen to you. This is a time when you needed the support, but you were once again abandoned.
4. MC then decided to announce it to the whole family, friends, and guests of the party that you (Jaye) were almost raped. Think about it, rape is a really hard issue where there are TONS of rape victim that couldn't go to the police because how hard it is to talk about it. Then for someone else (let alone the person you love) to announce it to a group of people just like that? While yes it was a rape attempt and not a successful one, it was still extremely embarrassing.
5. Then MC disappeared the next day. Completely shutting down the communication between them again.
6. Fast forward to parents' deaths, MC wasn't there to support her. This is not necessarily MC's fault, but it was again a miscommunication due to the phone number being blocked (from years ago that Jaye might or might not have done?). Once George confirmed that MC was indeed there, Jaye's reaction was to ask MC why he didn't try to contact her. She wanted to reconnect, but MC decided that it wasn't the right time and didn't make the contact.
7. The scene outside George's office. MC decided to leave on Uber while Jaye had to stop him to talk. Again, she wanted to talk.
8. Even after Tara had shown Jaye that MC's number was blocked (which Jaye said that she would never do so - no idea right or wrong in reality), MC had disappeared on his Uber. Notice the pattern here? MC's action is always just to run away instead of communicating to solve the conflict.
9. Fast forward to Aspen story, Jaye constantly texted MC to reconnect. She apologized about the blocked number and all that.
10. Fast forward to the flight back from Aspen, Jaye asked MC to get coffee together before meeting George. MC declined.
11. Outside of George's office, Mallory kissed MC in front of Jaye. From Jaye's pov "No time for coffee with me, but time to have kiss with this girl". This time MC was the one trying to explain for once, but Jaye was no longer just jealous, she just felt defeated because after all that (including the "read between the lines" text to MC), there was another girl that had MC instead.
12. This then turn into anger in George's office because apparently Mallory is not just a stranger but actually involved in this whole thing. With the kiss that they shared so openly in front of her, Jaye was basically on warpath to start hurting MC in return. That's why she started saying things like "fuckboy fund" or "Captain Starfucker"
13. (If Christian is the +1) it makes sense because Christian would be the one that hurt MC the most. It's not like Jaye is planning to marry him. Just to get him there to piss off MC in retaliation of the things that MC had done to piss her off. That's how it's justifiable.

Jaye's action is driven by all of the above, not by a single particular action of MC.

The key thing here is that miscommunication is how things go wrong between the two people that actually love each other. Both Jaye and MC had their fair share of mistakes, but a healthy communication between the two could've solved tons of misunderstandings that would end up with them hurting each other instead. So far, Chasing Sunset is a tragic love story.
Maybe its better to point out that these 2 are just not comaptible, mc has an avoidable personality while Jaye has a confrontational personality usually these 2 dont mix well and you can already see it here how these 2 personality just clashes majorly.

Dependable_223

Engaged Member
Jan 3, 2019
What sort of reacting is she expecting? For MC to show her that he loves her and beat the guy up (or throw him overboard)?
What if he does nothing. Will she try to make MC jealous? How far is she willing to go, and what will she do when Christian tries for more?
Her bringing a +1 doesn't make sense anyway.
True if mc would have known she brought a +1 then mc should have brought Mallory as his +1 this would be a great way for more drama or i hope Mallory is on the boat too so to even up the +1 for mc.

4.60 star(s) 308 Votes