4.60 star(s) 308 Votes
Jul 5, 2019
Isnt the term +1 used when they are in relationship ? you dont bring another person like this on some important event if she was not a boyfriend or in relationship. like engaged or married etc.. Just a friend is not used with the term +1. or am i looking to much into it ?
I think it's just a general term. If you get an invite with a +1, it just means you can bring someone with you. Not a specific person or type of person.

Demonspike666

Jan 11, 2021
Isnt the term +1 used when they are in relationship ? you dont bring another person like this on some important event if she was not a boyfriend or in relationship. like engaged or married etc.. Just a friend is not used with the term +1. or am i looking to much into it ?
Not always but considering it's a will reading you'd expect it would have to be people who are supposed to be there and maybe their significant others.

Dependable_223

Engaged Member
Jan 3, 2019
Well mc was suprised when the lawyer mentioned Jaye +1 so i figured mc would also think this would have been her significant other. or at least someone she in a relationship with or else their was no reason for mc to look so surprised if it was just friend like Tara for example.

So by that expression i was a bit confused even from mc perspective.

Jul 5, 2019
Not always but considering it's a will reading you'd expect it would have to be people who are supposed to be there and maybe their significant others.
I'm not sure it was intended she bring someone. She may have just shown up with them, and he's using +1 just as a way to say someone is with her without saying who it is. To keep us in suspense.

EDIT: To clarify what I mean, is the pilot could have informed them he was en route with Jaye and another passenger, and George just referred to the passenger as her +1 when it's brought up, possibly because he doesn't know who it is at the time.

Reactions: Demonspike666

Demonspike666

Jan 11, 2021
Well mc was suprised when the lawyer mentioned Jaye +1 so i figured mc would also thing this would have been her significant other. or at least someone she in a relationship with or else their was no reason for mc to look so surprisec if it was just friend like Tara for example.
I suspect asking to bring a plus one was one of the questions she asked of George after the second meeting at his office. It's clear he didn't expect whoever it is though as he was just as shocked as the MC at the end of the latest episode.

Dependable_223

Engaged Member
Jan 3, 2019
Also the expresion jaye made when she locked eyes with mc does not bode well. Like she wants another explosive episode to happen. and mc was already in battle mode when he saw who the +1 was. i dont think the lawyer will be able to intervene if mc goes to fight jaye +1.

Maybe Mallory can help cool mc off. Another plan of jaye goes down the drain.. :devilish: (y)

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Also the expresion jaye made when she locked eyes with mc does not bode well. Like she wants another explosive episode to happen. and mc was already in battle mode when he saw who the +1 was. i dont think the lawyer will be able to intervene if mc goes to fight jaye +1.

Maybe Mallory can help cool mc off. Another plan of jaye goes down the drain.. :devilish: (y)
Or MC just boards the helicopter and orders pilot to bring him back to his plane, refusing to play Jaye's game if the +1 is indeed Rapey. Likely that would be the smartest thing he could do from his pov. Saying absolutely nothing to rapey or jaye and putting his phone off.

If she wants to play, guess MC can play the ignore game to her, since that is what she will likely hate the most and only react to her if/when she acts positively to him, refusing to talk or even listen to her as long as Rapey is there or she acts aggressive and kindly and interested in her when she acts positively. Then again our MC does act more out of his own emotions and has not shown yet he understands Jaye at all, besides maybe when he recognized that she might have been jealous. High time though that he changes the rules of the game and lets her hunt after him, instead of reacting to her.

Last edited:

Dependable_223

Engaged Member
Jan 3, 2019
True but looking at mc he would rather fight the +1 this time around then running away. From a real fight he wont run away from Drama yes he would.

MC== i rather take a beating then play the drama games.

Reactions: Demonspike666

Dependable_223

Engaged Member
Jan 3, 2019
Or MC just boards the helicopter and orders pilot to bring him back to his plane, refusing to play Jaye's game if the +1 is indeed Rapey. Likely that would be the smartest thing he could do from his pov. Saying absolutely nothing to rapey or jaye and putting his phone off.

If she wants to play, guess MC can play the ignore game to her, since that is what she will likely hate the most and only react to her if/when she acts positively to him. Then again our MC does act more out of his own emotions and has not shown yet he understands Jaye at all, besides maybe when he recognized that she might have been jealous.
Lol she plays game with mc mc is playing hard to get and runs away.. its working rather well. :devilish: :p

Jul 5, 2019
True but looking at mc he would rather fight the +1 this time around then running away. From a real fight he wont run away from Drama yes he would.

MC== i rather take a beating then play the drama games.
... You just gave me another point for the George is manipulating everything theory!

David being sent to distract MC and keep him from returning home, and then leaving before the parents 'accident' is on there, but what you just said. Won't run away from a fight. That's a specific thing David tried to teach him. Not to fight unless he had to. He'd always choose to run away given the option. So if they've been manipulated into this upcoming confrontation on the boat, and he is face to face with Christian again, he might not fight. He might just leave. Which is what George wants. Gonna go slap another layer of tin foil on my hat now.

Mar 29, 2018

As much as it pains me to see the possibity of that fker returning... I presume that they wouldn't be in a relationship and that's because we didn't see him at the ceremony. Then again the images there were pretty focused at Jaye but that's what my insticts tells me. The +1 is an expression that could be interpreter in many ways...

Best case scenario would be to see Tara :Kappa:but I highly doubt she wears the same perfume.

Dependable_223

Engaged Member
Jan 3, 2019
As much as it pains me to see the possibity of that fker returning... I presume that they wouldn't be in a relationship and that's because we didn't see him at the ceremony. Then again the images there were pretty focused at Jaye but that's what my insticts tells me. The +1 is an expression that could be interpreter in many ways...

Best case scenario would be to see Tara :Kappa:but I highly doubt she wears the same perfume.
And if he was at the ceremony another good reason to not have have faced jaye their. Also i dont think its Tara or else mc would not have reacted like that. it has to be someone that has pissed him off majorly in the past and only this guy qualify right now.

Reactions: ChocolateDouchebag
Mar 29, 2018
And if he was at the ceremony another good reason to not have have faced jaye their. Also i dont think its Tare or else mc would not have reacted like that. it has to be someone that has pissed him off majorly in the past and only this guy qualify right now.
Yeah plus the fact that her parents were alive until that moment and what her dad said in front of the fker... Things didn't end well. So them seeing that guy with her daughter is highly unlikely... He also didn't text her back after that fight

Last edited:

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
Please don't be semantic. Relationship is relationship. They are still family.
I honestly hope those who think this "get out my life" is justification for what happened never ever have kids. What you going to do when the tell you one day how much they hate you and to leave them alone because you've done something for their own good and safety they don't like. Ok, I'll leave you along, get out the house and don't come back. :FacePalm: But you're the parent you cant do that. Duh, same for siblings.
U know such a relationship is a two way road even if u are family. Sure family should stick together, but just being family isn't a absolution for everything. Being cold and having fights for 10 years is more than enough of a reason to cut ties, if there is no intend on the other side to fix this.
Parents throwing a child out of the house is not that uncommen.
Personaly i decided to cut my mother out of my life, after a rather apathetic relationship (starting as i was 6-7y) and a lot of fights from her side later on, with no sign of wanting to change.

Aslo many people after some sort of mental trauma or depressions as a example clear the field and cut ties with people which are a not a healty influence on them.
Why would u stick with people which u haven't/can't have a healty relationship with ? It is only a burden for yourself, be it friends, loved ones or family and often leads or worsens all sorts of mental problems.

If you believe that she got hurt whether he intended to do so or not, please give example where Jaye got hurt...
1. As a child = because MC made a one-sided decision to shut her out (misunderstanding with good intent)
And u think that her reaction to that was in any way normal or reasonable, if she didn't get deeply hurt ?
4. After graduation party = because MC made the third one-sided decision to leave the family (Jaye wanted to talk about it, but robbed the chance to do so, 100% MC's fault despite the good intention)
Which was caused by Jaye being cold and angry and pushing him away for 10 years.
Also this was not a one sided decision he made for Jaye, it was a decision he made for himself, as he coudn't endure the situation anymore. She has absolutly no right to blame him for this, this happens when u push people away for years.

She had ten years prior to talk and now it is his fault for leaving before she get a chance to talk ? Sorry but thats bs.
5. At George's office #1 = because she thought MC didn't come to the funeral and didn't call (Jaye acknowledged her fault and apologized once proven otherwise, but MC drove away on Uber and randomly decided to go to Aspen uninvited to rob her the chance to talk yet again)
Jaye didn't apologized a single time in person, not in the past and not in the present. The only thing she apologized for was for the blocked number, via text and begging him to come back after he left, also only text and it is unclear what she actually wrote back than.

Why was it randomly that the MC goes to Aspen ?
He was in the city, he tried to call Jaye for about 20 times which she didn't responded to for obvious reasons, he thought she wanted no contact, so he made other plans.
Him being away for years and nowhere to go, he decided to go back to Aspen where he had people he has a good relationship with.
He lost his parents and has a guilty conscience as he wasn't there, so him working and distracting himself or clearing his head also might come into play.

If u want a talk with someone, it would maybe a good idea not to be behaving like a cunt and lashing out on the person u want to have a talk with, demanding answears also doesn't help if u want to have a civil talk, apologizing for lashing out is the bare minimum she could have done.
As said before the MC owes her absolutly nothing, considering their relationship over the last 15 years.
6. At George's office #2 = because Mallory kissed MC (not MC's fault as Mallory randomly kissed him, misunderstanding because it appeared as if MC had time for Mallory but not for Jaye)
Which is basicialy what happend with Mr.Rapey, just that it wasn't randomly on her part, or with Tara. In what way does she thinks she has any claims at all on mc, or has any say if he decides to has a relationship or with whom ?
While not explicitly mentioned, it was also clear that she wanted MC's help the day when she was almost raped (but unfortunately yet again, another misunderstanding that led to MC thinking otherwise so he shut himself in the room instead).
And yet she didn't try to talk with him about it after that, neither why she was with him, why she wasn't at the game, nor what mr.rapey tried to do.
What reaction do u expect from the MC in that situation ? There was no hint that anything bad has happend to her and the mc wanted to talk with her afterwards, including his feelings for her...which was how he found out about the attempted rape in the first place.
The other part that I disagree with is your claim that she has been shutting out MC all these years. If she had been shutting out MC, she wouldn't have bothered coming to his football games, taking sports that didn't clash with his, giving him birthday gifts, etc.
The talk the MC in the bar was clear thought, he mentions the opposide of love is apathy, which should be how he saw their relationship.

From the time he left to the end, Jaye reached out 6 times, the MC ignored or deflected or ran away.
Oh please care to elaborate, because i only saw 2 times where he ignored her (ignoring her texts after he left and then the meeting after they meet for the first time in years), both understandable in the situation, now i'm really curious where the other 4 times are.
I also don't know why everyone keeps going on about her in the heat of the moment comments about leaving like it's some excuse absolving the MC of everything. After he left, Jaye responded with more anger initially because she was even more hurt now he ran away. Despite her words she never ever wanted him gone. She then started pleading for him to return. Within the first months he left, she was begging and pleading, and in true in his true heroic dickhead nature, he does what he always does, ignored it.
The Mc already planned to leave for year before the fight, the fight in the end only made him leave sooner.
It is understandable that he left after the fight, he was in Love with her, he endured 10 years of a bad relationship with her, which was why he planned to leave in the first place. Now on the day of the fight she threw some very heavy lines at him, wanted to punch him in the face etc.
Do you think these kind of things would be easy for anyone to endure when it is said by the person u love, even if it is only in the heat of the moment ?
Also it fits Jaye usual behavior of being cold and angry, pushing him away, over the last years.

Yeah Jaye didn't mean the things she said, like she didn't want a cold relaionship with him, nor being angry or pushing him away for years. But what she wanted and what she did/behaved over years are very different things and it isn't the Mc's fault for not understanding her, if she did everything in her might to push him away.

He tried to talk with Jaye over the years, that was stated in the bar talk, but she didn't wanted back than, so he came to his own conclusion, to leave, to move on from Jaye and that he loved her.
This was his decision, he did it for himself, not for her. It is a understandable decision, seeing as their relationship was bad and he sufferd from it.
They wanted different things at that time, replying wouldn't have solved anything, it would have only made it more difficult for him to move on and going back was not a solution for him.

Jaye made her choices, she pushed him away over the years, just because she now sees the consequences of her actions doesn't mean the mc has any obligations to jump in the first plane and go back, not after she pushed him away for so long.

Jstforme

Dec 20, 2019
I think you guys thinking Tara is the plus one is wishful thinking...IF she was a LI, then I would agree that's a possibility. Odds are strongly in Christian's favor that he's the plus one. As usual with Jaye's hairbrained schemes to get her "true love" to "read between the lines", it's going to backfire.
I also find the George manipulating things to work out in his favor with the will is also interesting and very likely what's really going on. But lets be real, George doesn't have to do much, just let Jaye be Jaye, and everything blows up...with or without George playing puppet master.

underoath27

Nov 22, 2020
... You just gave me another point for the George is manipulating everything theory!

David being sent to distract MC and keep him from returning home, and then leaving before the parents 'accident' is on there, but what you just said. Won't run away from a fight. That's a specific thing David tried to teach him. Not to fight unless he had to. He'd always choose to run away given the option. So if they've been manipulated into this upcoming confrontation on the boat, and he is face to face with Christian again, he might not fight. He might just leave. Which is what George wants. Gonna go slap another layer of tin foil on my hat now.
Wow! I didn't think about George manipulating in that level. Sending David to keep MC out home? I never thought about that.
Geoge: Dance, little puppets, dance!

Reactions: Ariostebaldo

Dependable_223

Engaged Member
Jan 3, 2019
i never trusted that lawyer. And so far mc dont either. He did not even give mc a straight answer about Mallory.

The lawyer could even be on same page as Christian. They used eachother to get what ever it is they are after Christian is after Jaye that much is true and lawyer could even be after the parents Buisness why else would the parents change their will 1 year before their death ?

Since Mallory is a reporter she could even foil the plans of the lawyer so that is why he may be worried about Mallory.

Mallory knows allot more about mc and his family then she letting off.

Last edited:
Mar 29, 2018
Alright guys as much as I like to share and react to your replies considering the story and what not, I feel like it takes the joy out seeing how it will escalate if we don't leave room for imagination. I had a really pleasant time though! Take care everyone.:HideThePain:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
4.60 star(s) 308 Votes