Jafo

Oct 8, 2017
This is the first time that things do not work out the way you wanted. I used to play the game with the Joker mod. But doing so with this update the game crashed on every save I have made. I unpacked the game again and tried to start clean but the game crashes again. Does anyone have the same experience?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: letaonchik

letaonchik

Apr 10, 2021
This is the first time that things do not work out the way you wanted. I used to play the game with the Joker mod. But doing so with this update the game crashed on every save I have made. I unpacked the game again and tried to start clean but the game crashes again. Does anyone have the same experience?

i have too

BeingADikDik

Engaged Member
Apr 17, 2021
Yeah this could've been a lot better if it was set up as:

- MC is in an open relationship with both Jaye and Mal.
- Mal is unsure and asks the MC to commit after the night in the woods
- Jaye isn't unsure, and because she loves MC and Mal. She wants her to be part of the family.
- Jaye and MC together convince Mal to try a menage a trois situation. (Bonus if you get a banger threesome scene out of it, or save that for the next update)

She shouldn't offer it as a poly relationship if she and the MC are supposed to be in a committed relationship. She could try to throw Mal a bone (as in she can fuck him, but MC is still Jaye's), but it would likely backfire in that situation. Which they could also save for the next update for some juicy drama.
Yes, exactly correct. Having the true throuple route go through a committed monogamous relationship makes no sense. It would have been better if it didn't exist at all, and for the open relationship to simply fail when the girls realize they want to command MC's full devotion. At least that would have been intuitive for their characters if the devs wanted to go for realism.

But what makes no sense to me is that Mallory is clearly ok with sharing MC with Amanda. If Jaye is supposedly getting as close to her as her lifelong friend, why couldn't that precedent extend to their open relationship? Similarly, Jaye is ok sharing with (and being with) Tara, so it seems mutual.

Reactions: temp614699b1

Tremonia

Queen Lydia's bitch
Donor
Jun 14, 2020
But why would Mallory be ok with it in that scenario but not starting from a relationship with MC? Seems like the outcome should be the same by that logic ... Mallory is different than Jaye and would still reject it.
No, I don't see it that way. MC states he would talk to Mallory after Jaye gave him her POV about it and her feelings towards Mallory. Mallory couldn't know this at the moment she brokes with MC. To me it looks like Jaye's view matters the most. Mallory don't want an open relationship, but a polyamorous relationship isn't open. It's closed. Especially with the the conditions Jaye sets up for it. Looks like this is the game changer for Mallory. We'll see in the next update. The game isn't complete now. The epilogue will show the outcome.

Reactions: Walter Victor

Griffihn

Aug 20, 2022

had that issue with the steam update. had to verify files and it told me 122 files mismatched. so, my advice, delete everything but the saves folder and copy over the game files. also, make sure to put in the save file fix from Sancho if you had the mod previously. i think it's not just the game folder that had changed files inside it but the lib and renpy folders as well. when in doubt, go clean slate.

Reactions: Jafo

MAGO-DAG

Engaged Member
Sep 1, 2023
This year has really been a good year for AVN's. Congratulations to the Chasing Sunsets team, I can't wait to get around to finishing it up! :) (y)

This is already the third completed game this year.

Reactions: Xterminator09

Kirel

Mar 18, 2018
All of the chapters were planned before the prologue was even released. It ended exactly how it was supposed to end.
Nope, they decided to add another chapter near the end when they realized they wouldn't be able to put all the content they wanted into the original 10 chapters (Prologue + Chapters 1-9).

Radnos Salazar

Dec 4, 2023
I read the last few pages of the thread, and idk if you guys are trolling or you are actually serious, is a jaye/mall throuple actually possible on a jaye romance path??!!:eek::oops:

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
This update only works for the Jaye+MC game story. This main story wraps up. Everything else is just ignored.
is a jaye/mall throuple actually possible on a jaye romance path??!!
Everything else is just a teaser for the epilogue, which might be a second update in the coming years if devs feel like it.
If they do not want to wrap their hung story threads, there is just wishful thinking.

4.60 star(s) 314 Votes