Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
To be clear, there are at least three updates left: The first will be a mid-cycle update that includes consolidation of the two divergent codebases and a massive cleanup of the earlier chapters and the removal unused images, sounds, etc.

The second will be the epilogue which looks ahead at how your ending pans out. Effectively the final chapter.

The last will be our revamp of the first 2.5 chapters to bring things up to our state of the art. Call it the "remaster."

you are confused or misinformed
That's completely fake news. SFS stated the epilogue will come around the end of the year, so maybe December, maybe January. Nothing "if devs feel like it".
We are threatened with one first update that will remove images and sounds and whanot - cleanup of earlier chapters.
What could they possibly need to ret con or effectively delete from the story, if they actually wanted to wrap up the story threads that we would save in our end of chapter 9 save?

If they go into all the other chapters to cut and change and move stuff around ... it clearly sounds as a de facto rework:
are we sure they will ever come out of such a huge endeavor by the end of this year?

Plus - that is the first update - the second update in the time frme starting today until the end of the year - is supposed to be the epilogue promissed.

Reactions: timon159

OWSam000

Mar 1, 2022
I read the last few pages of the thread, and idk if you guys are trolling or you are actually serious, is a jaye/mall throuple actually possible on a jaye romance path??!!:eek::oops:
The throuple path(maybe) is really like a tease. Find it hard to difficult to achieve it. Not sure if I need to max out Jaye love points and trust points while refused to form a relationship with Mallory , or form a open relationship with Mallory and form a serious relationship with Jaye in the same time?

doovel

Nov 13, 2023
Yes, exactly correct. Having the true throuple route go through a committed monogamous relationship makes no sense. It would have been better if it didn't exist at all, and for the open relationship to simply fail when the girls realize they want to command MC's full devotion. At least that would have been intuitive for their characters if the devs wanted to go for realism.

But what makes no sense to me is that Mallory is clearly ok with sharing MC with Amanda. If Jaye is supposedly getting as close to her as her lifelong friend, why couldn't that precedent extend to their open relationship? Similarly, Jaye is ok sharing with (and being with) Tara, so it seems mutual.
Yeah and in addition to this it feels like a bullshit decision as you never actually get the option to commit prior to this. It would've 100% made sense to have that scene where she rejects you in the morning if she asked you the day before "Would you like to keep this relationship going like this or will you commit?". And if your answer isn't anything along the lines of "No I want to commit to you" or "I think we need to talk about this with all 3 of us, as we're conveniently going to see her right now."

Now you're robbed of a choice as a player. So it feels quadruple-ly bad.

Hinterhälter

Oct 13, 2019
Really good game. Can definitely recommend and I will certainly do a few more playthroughs to explore different paths.
I only wish there were more scenes with Lisa....

doovel

Nov 13, 2023
All of the chapters were planned before the prologue was even released. It ended exactly how it was supposed to end.
None of that means the ending wasn't rushed, or that it was satisfactory. It doesn't mean it even makes sense within it's own universe.

The ending is as much about the how as it as about the what. Right now we only got the what and a nonsensical how.

Reactions: HenryHare

doovel

Nov 13, 2023
To be clear, there are at least three updates left: The first will be a mid-cycle update that includes consolidation of the two divergent codebases and a massive cleanup of the earlier chapters and the removal unused images, sounds, etc.

The second will be the epilogue which looks ahead at how your ending pans out. Effectively the final chapter.

The last will be our revamp of the first 2.5 chapters to bring things up to our state of the art. Call it the "remaster."

We are threatened with one first update that will remove images and sounds and whanot - cleanup of earlier chapters.
What could they possibly need to ret con or effectively delete from the story, if they actually wanted to wrap up the story threads that we would save in our end of chapter 9 save?

If they go into all the other chapters to cut and change and move stuff around ... it clearly sounds as a de facto rework:
are we sure they will ever come out of such a huge endeavor by the end of this year?

Plus - that is the first update - the second update in the time frme starting today until the end of the year - is supposed to be the epilogue promissed.
They're making it sound like they intend to clean-up here and there. Not do a re-work or remaster of the earlier renders and code. It could literally just be removing unused renders and images. Or they might not be satisfied with certain renders as they feel they are of lesser quality.

In addition to that there are quite a few flags that are not used further down the line. They might want to remove those.

But considering their proposed timeline and their shifted focus to their new game. It is unlikely to be a big epilogue. I don't think we'll end up with a much more satisfactory ending than what we got now. Just a tying up a few loose ends.

Tremonia

Queen Lydia's bitch
Donor
Jun 14, 2020
To be clear, there are at least three updates left:
[...]
the second update in the time frme starting today until the end of the year - is supposed to be the epilogue promissed.
You quoted it yourself. Until the end of the year.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Canto Forte

Balduko

Nov 5, 2016
So, to actually get the throuple you need to choose back in chapter 6 "I want all the things" with Jaye and "I thought this was about helping you" with Mallory... you're telling me Mallory is ok with forcing herself on your monogamous relationship with Jaye but when you're poly she gets the ick, why make something so counterintuitive like this? :WaitWhat:

Malicre

Oct 23, 2018
So, to actually get the throuple you need to choose back in chapter 6 "I want all the things" with Jaye and "I thought this was about helping you" with Mallory... you're telling me Mallory is ok with forcing herself on your monogamous relationship with Jaye but when you're poly she gets the ick, why make something so counterintuitive like this? :WaitWhat:
Because your dealing with Jaye logic who has always been illogical. :ROFLMAO:

newdawn75

Feb 22, 2023

4.60 star(s) 314 Votes