Rehwyn

Apr 10, 2024
Honestly, I thought the Jaye/Mal poly was well-done overall (though I'm of course curious to see how the Epilogue goes). If I had one minor suggestion, it would have been to allow a few more points of leeway for Jaye. With only 2 points of leeway, you pretty much have to metagame to get it due to the potential traps of looking at both sunbathing, telling Kaili you like both, and having morning 69 sex with Mal. Just adding another 2 points of wiggle room I think would have smoothed the path over for a lot of people because you could still make those choices that intuitively make sense for someone interested in both, but still be committed to Jaye foremost and do everything else right. And at least in my mind, none of those 3 "trap" choices I mentioned are major decisions that are likely to change how Jaye feels about you.

Last edited:

SonsOfLiberty

Post Pro
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
I think only 2 left now. The bug fix update is out as 1.01. Next one is the Epilogue.
v1.01 is the bugfix release still 3 more to go.

To be clear, there are at least three updates left: The first will be a mid-cycle update that includes consolidation of the two divergent codebases and a massive cleanup of the earlier chapters and the removal unused images, sounds, etc.

The second will be the epilogue which looks ahead at how your ending pans out. Effectively the final chapter.

The last will be our revamp of the first 2.5 chapters to bring things up to our state of the art. Call it the "remaster."

By next year at this time, we expect to be deep into the development of Firebreak.

doovel

Nov 13, 2023
So, this VN is not COMPLETED, differently from how it's tagged in F95zone. It misses the final chapter, that's the definition of missing the ending.
I don't agree with this assessment. The devs chose to release it as the "full base game", otherwise they wouldn't call it an epilogue. The "story" is done.

Epilogue: A short addition or concluding section at the end of a literary work, often dealing with the future of its characters.

Reactions: aruzen19

TonyMurray

Apr 8, 2024
I don't agree with this assessment. The devs chose to release it as the "full base game", otherwise they wouldn't call it an epilogue. The "story" is done.
Yeah, the epilogue is still part of the story though. A "concluding section at the end of a literary work" - not separate to it.

doovel

Nov 13, 2023
Yeah, the epilogue is still part of the story though. A "concluding section at the end of a literary work" - not separate to it.
That is what is normally is, is gives you a version of “and then they lived happily ever after”. With whatever is relevant for those characters.

So the story should be done, we only get a continuation of what happens in their lives afterwards.

4.60 star(s) 338 Votes