NovusPeregrine

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2017
Whew! Got the new build done in time for New Years this time! And...actually....on that note...there have been some changes to the games Development cycle. As for this month, based on feedback from my patrons, I've moved to every-other-month releases for both this game and Haven's Port. This is being done so that the releases for both games come in bigger chunks then before, even if they are less often as a result. Chastity Quest won the patron-poll for which game to start the new cycle off with, so it's getting the first bigger release. As such, Build 11 adds a full 30 new scenes, many of them larger quest or dom/sub unlock scenes! As a further note...that's actually the smallest I expect any future update to be, as there was a significant amount of time lost to the switchover in the dev cycle. I'm expecting the next update (in February) to be roughly 40 scenes, despite that being such a short month.

As for Build 11 itself, it finishes up the Thieves Guild questline with a third quest, as well as adding an entire new Bondage Shop area to New Landing. There's other stuff as well, such as more Ponygirl content, but you can read the release notes for more details. This build will actually be the last one to focus on New Landing, with Build 12 finally moving the story forward to the College of Allund. New Landing will likely still get a few more scenes, but it won't be the focus of the builds going forward. The two additional Quest-Hub areas, the College of Allund and one that is still a secret, are both only intended to be about half the size of New Landing, though larger by half or so than the starting Hope's Rest area was. Meaning that I'd estimate that, at this point, we're probably about 60-65% through the game! Which, considering that the game has now passed 200 total sex unique sex scenes (215 by my count), gives you some idea just how massive this game was always planned to be...
-------------------------

-------------------------

Chastity Quest Build 11 - Release Notes:

Build 11 contains 30 new scenes, with the two largest focuses being on the third New Landing Thieves Guild quest and a new Bondage Shop.

Struggles in Pink - New Landing now has a Bondage Shop! Called 'Struggles in Pink,' the shop sells all manner of bondage gear...and they need models to help better sell it! As such, there is a new Job available here, giving a random scene when performed. With scenes for both Belted and Unbelted protagonists...and two that have extra conditions to unlock! ;-)

New Landing Thieves Guild - The third Quest for the Thief Guild has been implemented! They are almost ready to sneak you into the College of Allund...but you'll need to steal a specific magical token from the Mayor's Manor! Thankfully, Lysa has volunteered to help...

New Pony Content - Several new Ponygirl scenes have been added...all of which have unlock requirements ;-). Dominant protagonists may want to visit the Pony Parlor again to start things off...

Adventurers Guild - New scenes have been added to the NPCs of the adventurer's guild!

Other Stuff:

- Major Bugfix regarding the Maid/Follower Fiona. Apparently, her actual introduction was broken, meaning she just short of showed up with no explanation?! Why did no one tell me T-T.

- Fixed a major bug that could accidentally send you back to Hope's Rest if you triggered the 'sleep' effect in the NL Adventurer's Guildhall.

- Lots of minor bug fixes

- Several minor typo corrections

Aug 22, 2017
Ppl bitching about using Skyrim for their VN... I wonder what all those ppl are doing who use HoneySelect, TK17, Sims 4 and so on. Oh yeah, they also use a game to make their game.
And that's why i never considered those games.
Because at least i can play those games without problems, lmao.
Many thanks of remind me my choice.

BloodX66

Apr 1, 2019
And that's why i never considered those games.
Because at least i can play those games without problems, lmao.
Many thanks of remind me my choice.
Eithwr way it goes you are scum for not paying for the people who dont use any of that yet you hear complaining? Stand down.

dogerts

May 8, 2020
Not sure what this has done but didn't enjoy the game so i tried to delete it and now i have a heap of empty folders that not even command prompt can delete.

baneini

Jun 28, 2017
The size is getting so large that dling the game gets less and less appealing. It is a self-defeating practice to make further patches to it.

NovusPeregrine

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2017
Not sure what this has done but didn't enjoy the game so i tried to delete it and now i have a heap of empty folders that not even command prompt can delete.
This is actually a problem with the Visual Novel Maker engine. No idea why it does that (it's the engine code, not anything from my bits), but apparently it happens with at complete random with a lot of the games made with the engine(as well as some from the company's far better known RPG Maker engine). Thankfully, it's fairly easy to fix. If you have 7zip (which the vast majority of people downloading from here ought to), select the base folder that failed to delete, right-click and select the option 'add to archive.' In the options that pop up, select 'delete files after compression.' Tell it to archive the files and it will delete the original folders, and the zip file can be deleted without issue afterward. No, I don't know why that works. Again, not anything I did, but a problem with the core engine that they have yet to fix despite having known about it for literally years at this point -_-.

The size is getting so large that dling the game gets less and less appealing. It is a self-defeating practice to make further patches to it.
*sigh* I know. Trust me, it sucks hardcore to need to spend an entire day uploading the various versions all over the place too. Unfortunately, I don't have a good solution. The content is already pretty seriously compressed (JPG and WEBM) and the engine isn't transparent enough for me to just upload the new files/programming, as much as I'd like to make that an option. Hopefully, the new development cycle that I just started will at least make each individual update feel more worth the effort. If you didn't catch it in my earlier post, I've shifted to every-other-month releases in order to make each release larger. Going forward, each release should have something like 40 new scenes instead of the 16-20 that have been typical. This will additionally mean that, in total, there should only be another 3-5 total releases.

TIFUman

Nov 6, 2020
i will wait until this game is complete. can't download 7GB each time a new update comes

Kethrian

Oct 5, 2018
Another possible option might be to start uploading patches that update existing files, so anyone that has the previous build doesn't have to DL everything from scratch each time. I don't know if it's possible to do that, but I'm sure it would make many people, here and on Patreon, very happy if they just need to DL 2-3 GB each update and spend a few minutes running the patcher.

NovusPeregrine

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2017
Another possible option might be to start uploading patches that update existing files, so anyone that has the previous build doesn't have to DL everything from scratch each time. I don't know if it's possible to do that, but I'm sure it would make many people, here and on Patreon, very happy if they just need to DL 2-3 GB each update and spend a few minutes running the patcher.
Unfortunately, as I stated in my previous post, the engine isn't transparent enough to do that. The engine creates a package out of the game, and there's no documentation indicating which files hold which bits of programming. Worse, there's an odd requirement for the image and video files to be loaded in from the engine's resource manager, then complied, rather than just copy-pasted into a file structure. The longer I work with this POS engine, the more I loathe it and regret ever using it for the project. But at this point it's far too far along for me to switch horses mid-stream as it were. I'd lose literally months, at best, converting what's already there to another engine.

What is the password for the archive?
??? Password ??? There are no passwords on any of the links I added to the main post. I didn't add the Nopy link though, a mod did that, so if you got the file from there I have no idea.

Zorkman

Oct 5, 2019
This is a strong game so far, and I'm looking forward to more. I should also mention it crashes pretty regularly when I try to do things with the blacksmith.

Edit: It happened every time for the first few times, but now hasn't happened in a while. Not sure why, but at it's working

Last edited:
Reactions: NovusPeregrine

NovusPeregrine

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2017
This is a strong game so far, and I'm looking forward to more. I should also mention it crashes pretty regularly when I try to do things with the blacksmith.

Edit: It happened every time for the first few times, but now hasn't happened in a while. Not sure why, but at it's working
Odd, is that the only place you've experienced the issue? And was it crashing to desktop of simply freezing? There was an odd bug that I hoped I'd finally fixed with the blacksmith shop that caused some people to have black-screen freezes there.

how to play online brothers?
There is a link for the current public online version in the main post, under 'Extras'. NOTE! It requires a good connection and will take a minute or so to load. During that period, the screen will be black, so please don't think it's just frozen :). Sadly, I haven't figured out how to add a 'loading' splashscreen to that.

Reactions: medassin

Zorkman

Oct 5, 2019
Odd, is that the only place you've experienced the issue? And was it crashing to desktop of simply freezing? There was an odd bug that I hoped I'd finally fixed with the blacksmith shop that caused some people to have black-screen freezes there.
It is the only place, and it's a black-screen freeze.
Also: I said this in a review, but great writing, and a great game!

Reactions: NovusPeregrine

NovusPeregrine

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2017
It is the only place, and it's a black-screen freeze.
Also: I said this in a review, but great writing, and a great game!
Thanks for the awesome review!

But the blacksmith thing might make me cry. Mostly tears of rage and frustration. Not your fault, of course! And thanks for letting me know. Looks like I'll have to go back over that section of game again, and try to figure out just what the heck is wrong with. Or, more likely at this point, just rip the entire code block out and redo it from scratch in an attempt at a nuclear option fix -_-.

kochun51

Jul 19, 2020
After choice sometimes the screen turns to black and not working. (working in the magic shop, going to Guildhall...)
It becomes okay when I exit and restart the game.
But, after the choice "The Blacksmith" the screen turns to black and it is still changed to black even I restart the game.
I can enter the Blacksmith through the magic shop work event, but that's all, the screen still black

Last edited:
3.60 star(s) 8 Votes