NovusPeregrine

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2017
Man I cant wait for the next update, hopefully the blacksmith stuff is sorted....
If I have time, I'm going to flat out rip out the Blacksmith code and rewrite it, in an attempt to fix whatever it is. Unfortunatatly, due to needing to rebuild the modded copy of Skyim this time around(it got too unstable from the previous 7 builds worth of adding and removing mods), I have no idea if I'll have time. I'll try :).

NovusPeregrine

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2017
Alright. Release time! First, . I've updated the links in the main post, as well as adding the release notes and such. It added 15 new scenes scattered throughout New Landing.

Next. This also means that to my $5 patrons for testing. Build 8 adds 12 sex scenes, plus quite a bit of non-sex interaction. All but one scene of which is building on to the Thieves Guild Questline with a new, fairly complex, quest. Five of the new sex scenes are directly part of the quest...with 6 more being possible repeatable scenes that can be unlocked depending on your choices! :)

NOTE! I think I may have finally fixed the blacksmith bug in Build 8. Maybe. It's hard for me to know, since I've never been able to reproduce it in my copy. But I ripped out whole chunks of code and redid it from scratch. In the process, I think I might have found the cause. Which, if that's true, is yet another bullshit thing to blame firmly on the engine. Since the command as-used shouldn't have caused issues according to the documentation on it...it's just the only placed I've actually used it, making it the likely culprit.

---------------------------

Release Notes for Build 8

This build focused on adding the second quest to the Thieves Guild questline, along with some consequences for finishing it. 11 of the 12 scenes added were in some way connected to the questline, with the 12th being a new option in the Mage's Guild.

Thieves Guild Quest 2: Once you've finished the first quest, returning to the Guildmaster's Office will not start a new quest! This quest will take very different paths, depending on your choice of how you solved the first quest in the chain!

Quest Consequences: This quest has consequences for more than just you! Depending on how you solve the quest(s), New Landing might experience a few changes to is punishment system...and certain NPCs may have their lives uprooted and changed drastically. Which, just so happens to mean your encounters with them might change too...

New Mage Guild Encounter: If you've helped Tylan with her little project, there's a new encounter added to the list of your options!

Others Stuff

-Credits Updated!

- I may have finally squished the Blacksmith Black Screen bug. Possibly. As I've never been able to replicate the bug on my system, I can only hope that the changes and rewrites to that area's code I made fixed it.

-You can no longer adventurer with Seesha in Hope's Rest, if your armor is broken.

-If Seesha puts your belt back on you after a drinking spree with her, it should actually be back on when the scene finishes.

-You can no longer ask for help getting off at the Magic Shop if you're not belted.

- Other minor bugs and typos fixed/squished.

---------------------------

cubba

Jul 12, 2018
Compress the game size. Some ofus dont have ridiculus internet bandwidth
I would second that but not because of bandwith issues but because I apparently can't download a file this size (5GB limit?) from Mega without an PRO account :D
The other two mirrors are useless because they are slow as fuck. Maybe upload it to Nopy?

NovusPeregrine

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2017
Compress the game size. Some ofus dont have ridiculus internet bandwidth
Sorry, that's not really possible. All images are already jpeg compressed and all videos are already webm format. The game is ALREADY compressed as far as it realistically can be. It's just that there's the equivalent of about 3 hours of HD video, plus several hundred still images, plus the engine (which is annoyingly bulky and beyond my control).

I would second that but not because of bandwith issues but because I apparently can't download a file this size (5GB limit?) from Mega without an PRO account :D
The other two mirrors are useless because they are slow as fuck. Maybe upload it to Nopy?
Huh, I wasn't aware of that limit with mega. Unfortunately, I don't have a Nopy account and they don't allow registrations any longer. Ratcay has a file size limit that means I can' use it any longer for this game, either. Which leaves me looking for other alternatives. This was my first time trying Mixdrop. If it's super slow, I'll have to look for another option again. Arg. I've had some issues with anonfile in the past, but maybe I'll give them another try...

Zelphina

Dec 23, 2017
Playing online and I'm not sure about the blacksmith bug (since it never happend to me) but I do get a black screen when asking the thief in hopes rest to help me with my belt, it shows me going down on her for a moment and then when it's supposed to switch scenes it just gives me a black screen every time.

chesire

May 5, 2017
Sorry, that's not really possible. All images are already jpeg compressed and all videos are already webm format. The game is ALREADY compressed as far as it realistically can be. It's just that there's the equivalent of about 3 hours of HD video, plus several hundred still images, plus the engine (which is annoyingly bulky and beyond my control).

Huh, I wasn't aware of that limit with mega. Unfortunately, I don't have a Nopy account and they don't allow registrations any longer. Ratcay has a file size limit that means I can' use it any longer for this game, either. Which leaves me looking for other alternatives. This was my first time trying Mixdrop. If it's super slow, I'll have to look for another option again. Arg. I've had some issues with anonfile in the past, but maybe I'll give them another try...
Torrent?

Reactions: NovusPeregrine

NovusPeregrine

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2017
Hmmm, not a terrible idea if nothing else works. At the moment, however, I've added downloads via Anonfile and PixelDrain for windows and will be uploading the mac version to those as well. Hopefully one of them is better?

Beggarman

Jan 14, 2018
FYI - You can download more than 5GB with MEGA with a free account, it's just awkward (y'know, 'cause they want you paying). Use Megasync so it's got a sync folder on your computer and it'll download up to the 5gb limit before firing off an "upgrade now or wait 6h" message. After 6h it'll resume. It might go a bit stop-start and pop up a few times if you'd been downloading other stuff from Mega though (which I guess is actually fairer because it's giving you back parts of your allowance sooner rather than just cutting you off for 6h after hitting the limit, but it is a little annoying).

Reactions: NovusPeregrine

Nagat0c

Jul 6, 2018
so, I have an unexpected error when I want to play this VN again. It is said that "cannot read "chapterUid" or something like that. I have tried search it in google, but I don't find any related information about this error. Anyone can help me with this error?

NovusPeregrine

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2017
so, I have an unexpected error when I want to play this VN again. It is said that "cannot read "chapterUid" or something like that. I have tried search it in google, but I don't find any related information about this error. Anyone can help me with this error?
Are you playing a downloaded copy or the online version? Which version of the game? Which OS?

NovusPeregrine

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2017
It's that time again! Chastity Quest Build 9 has been released for my $5+ Patrons...which also means that Build 8 is now public! The links in the original post have been suitably updated. Build 8 was a smallish one (though still significant, as it added the Thief Guild Quest 2 in its entirety) for technical reasons. Namely, that I had to completely rebuild Skyrim, after 7 builds of adding and removing mods constantly it had grown too unstable to use. It's something I knew would happen eventually and planned for, but it still chewed up a lot of time when it actually occurred.

Build 9 on the other hand, returns us back to the larger builds that are ultimately my ideal/goal. It adds a full 20 new scenes, focusing on bringing the New Landing Adventurer's Guild up to the same development point at the Thief and Mage Guilds. Which means 2 complete quests + 5 new NPCS. Notably, it also expands the Ponygril content of the game a bit, opening up a new area called the Pony Parlor.

The changelog in the main post has the release notes for both!

twont

Apr 15, 2018
Huh, I wasn't aware of that limit with mega.
I ran into the Mega limit just now. Apparently, I need to wait 6 hours before the download will continue past 85% unless I want to sign up for a plan that's 5 euros a month or more. It isn't the worst thing in the world, but it's not great.

NovusPeregrine

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2017
Can we have a torrent for this lol
*shrug* If someone wants to seed it on a torrent, go for it. Unfortunately, I don't have the bandwidth the realistically act as a seed for such.

I ran into the Mega limit just now. Apparently, I need to wait 6 hours before the download will continue past 85% unless I want to sign up for a plan that's 5 euros a month or more. It isn't the worst thing in the world, but it's not great.
Yeah, I know. I've been trying to upload to reliable alternatives as well as Mega. Pixeldrain and Anonfile seem to be okay. It would be nice if I could use Nopy, but since I don't already have an account they don't. I tried Mixdrop last time and everyone said it was slow as hell. And Filesupload has always been painfully slow for me. So...hopefully those two options don't suck too much? I still leave Mega as an option both because the App will let you split it across days on the free account...and because some people have actual accounts there for their adult game downloading habit :p.

Apr 19, 2020
So, I'm guessing I need a good PC to run this? I'm using a laptop and don't know what specs are required. I have a very good processor and 16gb of Ram but the graphics card isnt so good

Kethrian

Oct 5, 2018
Playing on the online version, and I started training up my Rogue skill. After training it 4 times, I checked my stat screen, and it said "Rogue Skills 1111". I then did the medium game later, and now it says "Rogue Skills 11111111". You may want to look into that.

Leon1999

Jan 26, 2018
haha just downloaded it finally, it took 6 hours and i pay good internet

pd
anonfile btw, better that mix and mega that took me 2/1 days to download the previous update

3.60 star(s) 8 Votes