Ricktor

Jun 13, 2017
Making money with mods that people put out there for free, just does not seem right. Make the game, share it, fine. The mod developers on Loverslab spend countless hours making their mods for people to use for free. Taking advantage of that seems wrong. Just my opinion, I'm sure others see it different. At least give the mod authors some credit.

edit: I guess there is a credits page....I will take a look, sorry.

Joe Steel

Engaged Member
Jan 10, 2018
The online version works up through the end of the intro, then goes into infinite loading screen for me.

NovusPeregrine

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2017
Making money with mods that people put out there for free, just does not seem right. Make the game, share it, fine. The mod developers on Loverslab spend countless hours making their mods for people to use for free. Taking advantage of that seems wrong. Just my opinion, I'm sure others see it different. At least give the mod authors some credit.

edit: I guess there is a credits page....I will take a look, sorry.
Yep, I do try to credit everyone! I will also point out three other things.

1) Chastity quest IS free. Yes, I understand a lot of people have a hard time wrapping their heads around the original Patreon Model (particularly as subscription models are now a thing). But all of my games are released 100% for free. There is a 1-month delay for actively in-development games, but that's it. Technically, my patrons are helping support my TIME, not paying for the game, which is actually the only way I can work on them as much as I do. Moreover, in Chastity Quest's specific case, the patreon releases legitimately are buggy alpha releases, that my patrons help polish for public release.

2) A lot of the major mod authors actually have Patreons of their own. For similar reasons as I do. Namely, that they spend so much time in development that they need to make something from it if they want to eat ;).

3) While the mods are used for visual assets, every other aspect of Chastity Quest is completely my own, time-consuming, work. All of the writing is 100% original. All of the coding is 100% original. As is the setting, many of the custom menus, and so on. I am genuinely creating something original, content-wise, even if the art assets are not original.

The online version works up through the end of the intro, then goes into infinite loading screen for me.
Sadly, the online version takes a very good connection to play with reasonable loading times. It also doesn't play nice with Microsoft Edge for some reason, though it works fine in Chrome, Firefox, and Opera. I only recently became aware of the issue with Edge/Explorer, so I have no idea what's going on there...

Last edited:

Joe Steel

Engaged Member
Jan 10, 2018
The downloaded version works just fine, so it's my connection that keeps me from playing online.

Ricktor

Jun 13, 2017
Yep, I do try to credit everyone! I will also point out three other things.

1) Chastity quest IS free. Yes, I understand a lot of people have a hard time wrapping their heads around the original Patreon Model (particularly as subscription models are now a thing). But all of my games are released 100% for free. There is a 1-month delay for actively in-development games, but that's it. Technically, my patrons are helping support my TIME, not paying for the game, which is actually the only way I can work on them as much as I do. Moreover, in Chastity Quest's specific case, the patreon releases legitimately are buggy alpha releases, that my patrons help polish for public release.

2) A lot of the major mod authors actually have Patreons of their own. For similar reasons as I do. Namely, that they spend so much time in development that they need to make something from it if they want to eat ;).

3) While the mods are used for visual assets, every other aspect of Chastity Quest is completely my own, time-consuming, work. All of the writing is 100% original. All of the coding is 100% original. As is the setting, many of the custom menus, and so on. I am genuinely creating something original, content-wise, even if the art assets are not original.

Sadly, the online version takes a very good connection to play with reasonable loading times. It also doesn't play nice with Microsoft Edge for some reason, though it works fine in Chrome, Firefox, and Opera. I only recently became aware of the issue with Edge/Explorer, so I have no idea what's going on there...
I truly wish I had not said anything. I stuck my nose where it did not belong. Good luck with your game. I know the mod authors over on LL(only from the site and forums), and they have been so incredibly helpful to me for years now. More specifically, the entire Devious Devices team. They are a great bunch of guys/gal and have spent years perfecting and adding, to their original assets. I have immense gratitude for all they have created over the last 5 or 6 years, but that really has nothing to do with your game, and I apologize for bringing it up. Again I wish you luck with your game, and I hope it becomes everything you hope it to be.

Reactions: NovusPeregrine

BloodX66

Apr 1, 2019
Futa content, yes! Pee...no. Pee/Scat/Blood is something I'm just not willing to do in my games, sorry! Though, for the futa content, there is generally new futa content in every single build, though the amount varies. As does whether or not said futa content is with the player as the futa or an NPC.

It gets updated once monthly :). Sometimes a few days late, at worst! I've also been developing various adult games for upwards of 3 years at this point, so no need to fear me up and vanishing too much ;-p.

*pulls hair out*

*cries in corner*

You're not the first one to report that (you're the 4th, actually). But I can't figure out why it does that for only some people. I've never been able to get it to happen, even once, in my copy. Have you noticed a pattern to which choices it goes blank on? This has been reported so few times that any information may help me pin down what's going on...
Sorry been away from f95 for a minute but its anything to do with black smith and chasity. I play on windows 7 over 10 for compatibility probs in the past so it could be that, good luck with your game

NovusPeregrine

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2017
I truly wish I had not said anything. I stuck my nose where it did not belong. Good luck with your game. I know the mod authors over on LL(only from the site and forums), and they have been so incredibly helpful to me for years now. More specifically, the entire Devious Devices team. They are a great bunch of guys/gal and have spent years perfecting and adding, to their original assets. I have immense gratitude for all they have created over the last 5 or 6 years, but that really has nothing to do with your game, and I apologize for bringing it up. Again I wish you luck with your game, and I hope it becomes everything you hope it to be.
I do get it :). I've actually been a patron of a few of them on an off for years (though, currently I am only so for Laura's Bondage Shop). It's why I've tried my very best to credit them for their work, including links to their mods if I use them. It's not a perfect solution and to a certain extent, I'm not 100% comfortable with it. But I do the best I can to be fair while still being able to support the god-awful number of hours I put into Chastity Quest every month.

Sorry been away from f95 for a minute but its anything to do with black smith and chasity. I play on windows 7 over 10 for compatibility probs in the past so it could be that, good luck with your game
Actually, if you can clarify something, it would be super-helpful. When you say 'everything to do with chastity' do you mean that it only triggers on the chastity removal content? Not on the Working content? If so, that would REALLY help in trying to figure out what is going on. So far everyone has just said "at the blacksmith." Which means I've been stuck trying to comb through every single scene there trying to find the bug.

Reactions: Ricktor

canthisnot

Jul 1, 2020
Is there sound in the game because a see a bunch of sound settings that are all on max but the game has no sound when playing and i cant seem to figure out how to get sound to play. If there is sound is there a reason why its not playing.

NovusPeregrine

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2017
Is there sound in the game because a see a bunch of sound settings that are all on max but the game has no sound when playing and i cant seem to figure out how to get sound to play. If there is sound is there a reason why its not playing.
There is no sound (currently). The sound settings are native to the Visual Novel Maker engine and present by default, rather than something I added.

Abbas98

Jun 26, 2018
for some reason whenever i goo to the blacksmith the game just keeps showing the black screen..... is that a bug or something?

NovusPeregrine

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2017
for some reason whenever i goo to the blacksmith the game just keeps showing the black screen..... is that a bug or something?
A few people have reported this, but I've been unable to replicate it despite my best efforts. I've tested all the blacksmith content repeatedly and never gotten the black screen issue. Even when others with the bug have provided saves...nothing. Nor can I find any issue in the code that could cause it. I'm honestly at a loss.

al4nw31

Nov 5, 2018
Jeeez, 4.9GB for this game... I'd recommend compressing images with mozjpeg.

EDIT: It's all WEBM's... what encoder are you using?

Last edited:

Abbas98

Jun 26, 2018
A few people have reported this, but I've been unable to replicate it despite my best efforts. I've tested all the blacksmith content repeatedly and never gotten the black screen issue. Even when others with the bug have provided saves...nothing. Nor can I find any issue in the code that could cause it. I'm honestly at a loss.
Thanks for the reply

NovusPeregrine

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2017
Jeeez, 4.9GB for this game... I'd recommend compressing images with mozjpeg.

EDIT: It's all WEBM's... what encoder are you using?
Unfortunately, the engine only supports the VP8 encoder. Honestly though, while your reaction is fairly typical...this game's sheer size has very little to do with poor encoding. As of the recently released (to Patrons) Build 7, there are something like 150 unquie scenes. Each one has a rough average of 1 full minute of 1080p HD video. Meaning that, in total, there are 2.5 hours of HD video content in the game. Since each of those scenes also contain at least 4 1080p jpgs, with the average probably being more like 6-7, and with a lot more jpgs not directly tied to a scene....

The simple reality is that the size of the game isn't actually unreasonable, despite what most people's kneejerk reaction to it tends to be. Particularly considering than almost a gigabyte of the total is actually the engine, not game assets. Sadly, Visual Novel Maker isn't as compact as Renpy.

al4nw31

Nov 5, 2018
Unfortunately, the engine only supports the VP8 encoder. Honestly though, while your reaction is fairly typical...this game's sheer size has very little to do with poor encoding. As of the recently released (to Patrons) Build 7, there are something like 150 unquie scenes. Each one has a rough average of 1 full minute of 1080p HD video. Meaning that, in total, there are 2.5 hours of HD video content in the game. Since each of those scenes also contain at least 4 1080p jpgs, with the average probably being more like 6-7, and with a lot more jpgs not directly tied to a scene....

The simple reality is that the size of the game isn't actually unreasonable, despite what most people's kneejerk reaction to it tends to be. Particularly considering than almost a gigabyte of the total is actually the engine, not game assets. Sadly, Visual Novel Maker isn't as compact as Renpy.
Jeez, I didn't think even 1.5 hours of video content would be 4.9GB. It sucks that it only supports VP8 though, but even VP9 is only a marginal decrease in size. Have you played with quality settings? Perhaps soon AV1 support will be more widespread.

Abbas98

Jun 26, 2018
I really like this game from what I've played so far, its just that I hope that annoying issue with the blacksmith black screen is fixed for the next build and hopefully I can play the game properly.

3.60 star(s) 8 Votes